Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was kind of snuck in but the octopath traveler demo is getting updated and save data will continue into the full game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

extremebuff posted:

it was kind of snuck in but the octopath traveler demo is getting updated and save data will continue into the full game

torn about this because I kinda want a completely new experience when starting a full game but it's cool to be able to do that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

extremebuff posted:

awesome they give you the option to do that. octopath is awesome.

I thought that was just a placeholder title tho

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
They should call it Live 8 Live

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

octoblues traveler

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nintendo: it's good!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

splatoon 2 expansion out tomorrow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Wintendo wins E3 again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did they ever announce anything other than Smash? Seems kinda weird...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They gave the already announced FE game a name (Three Houses) and Super Mario Party. And the off brand Armored Core

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

And the off brand Armored Core

I want to see more about that one. It could be good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm as hype as anyone about Smash but this E3 was depressing as hell man. There better be another Switch direct in like a month or two.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cobalt Viper posted:

I'm as hype as anyone about Smash but this E3 was depressing as hell man. There better be another Switch direct in like a month or two.

They usually do one around TGS I think , so like 3 months from now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cobalt Viper posted:

they've already said Smash is our only game this year iirc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

e3 kicked rear end becasue i don't need to keep my ps4 to play yakuza games any more. hell yeah! posting Anyone have 200 dollars worth of Marcus Fenix Xbox One Ex Funco POps they want to trade for a PS4 to craigslist now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

e3 kicked rear end becasue i don't need to keep my ps4 to play yakuza games any more. hell yeah! posting Anyone have 200 dollars worth of Marcus Fenix Xbox One Ex Funco POps they want to trade for a PS4 to craigslist now.

a week after you sell your ps4 your video card will die and a new one will costs $10000

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol that's bad rear end

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Super Mario party looks really fun. I like the idea that the console kinda acts like a board game itself but I worry about how much it relies on two switches

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

my morning jackass posted:

Super Mario party looks really fun. I like the idea that the console kinda acts like a board game itself but I worry about how much it relies on two switches

That's probably just some side game stuff. I'm expecting a normal mario party game otherwise.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/akfamilyhomeak/status/1006614819233980416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i wonder if when you play 2v2, and both players on a team choose squid kid, will they both get the same paint color

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i wonder if when you play 2v2, and both players on a team choose squid kid, will they both get the same paint color

they said the paint color was tied to each of the 8 models.

even though its clearly the smash4 engine its obvious why this game took them 4 years lol there are an insane amount of models and poo poo. i hope they reveal more deets on singleplayer khantent.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

There wasn't anything on Metroid Prime 4, was there?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I don't think so. The initial reveal was just a picture of the logo, so I doubt they have anything substantial yet. Wait for the fall direct IMO

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Aston posted:

Just that it's not there and they'll show it when they're ready. No word on what Retro's doing, either.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i'm still surprised that retro isn't the one working on mp4, but its good to switch things up sometimes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aston posted:

there was 45 minutes of smash

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope retro is working on more DK or a new IP since they're not on MP

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

so is super mario party the first time that a goomba has been a selectable character for one of these types of spinoffs? like i don't remember being able to be a goomba in tennis or golf or any previous mario party.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

so is super mario party the first time that a goomba has been a selectable character for one of these types of spinoffs? like i don't remember being able to be a goomba in tennis or golf or any previous mario party.

They were playable in one of the baseball games.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Hollow Knight is out, Octo Expansion is hours away, and some Xenoblade 2 content + Octopath Traveler demo tomorrow night, and then Mario Tennis in a week. its Nintendo time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait for octo but I won't be able to play till tomorrow 😭

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

stay strong gamer

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Hollow Knight is out, Octo Expansion is hours away, and some Xenoblade 2 content + Octopath Traveler demo tomorrow night, and then Mario Tennis in a week. its Nintendo time

feelin thankful for Nintendo after this E3

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Can't wait for octo but I won't be able to play till tomorrow 😭

treasure the excitement of waiting for a new game that's out soon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I downloaded Fortnite last night but it wanted me to link an Epic account and I didn't wanna do that so I just tried to create a regular account but it wouldn't let me use my preferred username so I deleted it and played like 2 hours of Pokemon Quest instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

treasure the excitement of waiting for a new game that's out soon

been saving The Champions Ballad for when im at my darkest hour, personally