Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
i thought i wouldnt like the chihuahuas but i really like them. Finally a mount that feels right for zeratul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Hammer sighting in HGC. They got the first kill but I feel like they are going to get owned this game.

They gonna get 40-0'd on Towers lol.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 12, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm glad hgc is playing her so morons online can stop saying that hammer "collapses immediately to any form of dive" or "can never be picked while so many x heroes exist in the game"

The hero's tuned really high right now and i wish she wasn't.

(idk about this latest game but mvpblack picked her on volskaya against TS a few days ago)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 12, 2018

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Elysium posted:

Hammer sighting in HGC. They got the first kill but I feel like they are going to get owned this game.

They gonna get 40-0'd on Towers lol.
Not the first hammer HGC appearance this weekend. First appearance was a hammer victory!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
The banner on the top of this broadcast says this series is a "best of 2"

Um, you realize that would just be single elimination (one game) right?

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
First appearance was also a meme pick by a vastly better team who some of the analysts were suggesting were sandbagging so they didn’t give away anything for more important games later in the MSB.

That being said, Rich played the hell out of her, and used the Unstoppable talent to relentlessly troll the enemy Garrosh, which was pretty hilarious. He also went BFG, iirc? Very meme.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Elysium posted:

The banner on the top of this broadcast says this series is a "best of 2"

Um, you realize that would just be single elimination (one game) right?

What they mean is every match has two games. Teams score one point for one win or three points for two wins. Round Robin, bottom two teams eliminated.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

2 SPOOKY posted:

First appearance was also a meme pick by a vastly better team who some of the analysts were suggesting were sandbagging so they didn’t give away anything for more important games later in the MSB.

That being said, Rich played the hell out of her, and used the Unstoppable talent to relentlessly troll the enemy Garrosh, which was pretty hilarious. He also went BFG, iirc? Very meme.
It wasnt a meme draft, and they were against TS, a team that 2-0'd the number 2 korean team. Like I get the europeans spend a lot of time online making GBS threads on NA but come on man.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

fool_of_sound posted:

What they mean is every match has two games. Teams score one point for one win or three points for two wins. Round Robin, bottom two teams eliminated.

So, not a "best of 2," got it.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Ragnaros is currently extremely bugged on Towers of Doom, his lava waves persist at the enemy wall infinitely. Basically putting those minions on indefinite free farm until the match is over. If you're drafting on Towers, first ban his rear end.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That sounds like the nastiest glitch since kael'thas... possibly even nastier.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Does it stack the waves over time if you cast them down different lanes or does it replace the one before it?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Does it stack the waves over time if you cast them down different lanes or does it replace the one before it?

Sounds like they all stay, so after 3 casts the other team will never have minions again

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

They stay, and they stack in the same lane too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well I know who I’m picking tonight

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
How are people building Yrel?

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

No Wave posted:

It wasnt a meme draft, and they were against TS, a team that 2-0'd the number 2 korean team. Like I get the europeans spend a lot of time online making GBS threads on NA but come on man.

I’m not making GBS threads on NA, I’d love to see TS perform well, and they’ve put on a good show. GEN.G is making everyone look like children though, 2:0ing everyone including TS, where they drafted a Hammer into a comp with some of her traditional counters and alongside a Junkrat, a hero who typically fills a similar role of ranged poke, then went the meme ult.

All that said, Rich is an insanely good player and performed extremely well that match. But even the analysts were shaking their heads at the Hammer pick and called the whole draft sandbagging.

e: And this isn’t a foreign meta thing either, Hammer hasn’t been popular with the Koreans since her rework - she used to see a lot more play on their side of the pond when she was basically Raynor++ with giant killer and stutterstepping, and never sieged up.

2 SPOOKY fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 12, 2018

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

This Is Fine

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Never have I been more tempted to tell my boss "I'm sick & going home"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

2 SPOOKY posted:

I’m not making GBS threads on NA, I’d love to see TS perform well, and they’ve put on a good show. GEN.G is making everyone look like children though, 2:0ing everyone including TS, where they drafted a Hammer into a comp with some of her traditional counters and alongside a Junkrat, a hero who typically fills a similar role of ranged poke, then went the meme ult.

All that said, Rich is an insanely good player and performed extremely well that match. But even the analysts were shaking their heads at the Hammer pick and called the whole draft sandbagging.

e: And this isn’t a foreign meta thing either, Hammer hasn’t been popular with the Koreans since her rework - she used to see a lot more play on their side of the pond when she was basically Raynor++ with giant killer and stutterstepping, and never sieged up.
(Orbital) BFG isnt a meme ult, it's the pick most of the time in every league, especially on Volskaya. It's dumb how strong it is now.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XdSw8gYNI

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tbh for a bug it looks really nice graphically.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

No Wave posted:

(Orbital) BFG isnt a meme ult, it's the pick most of the time in every league, especially on Volskaya. It's dumb how strong it is now.

Unless it’s changed recently it’s not been the usual pick the rare times she sees professional play, because pro games rarely go long enough to get value. The game in question was 22m iirc, and Rich didn’t get much value off the orbital since they were already dominating the match.

Orbital’s value scales up the more uncoordinated your league is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Orbital also pushes in an entire lane, it's not just a question of keep damage.

Orbital almost always being the pick (assuming you took bfg) is a function of nexus frenzy no longer existing and its replacement being so much worse. This isnt a question of what's optimal in HGC, who knows, I'm just saying that orbital bfg is certainly not a meme.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 12, 2018

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I like napalm too :) I think I just like to play Hammer.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Please do not hotfix until I get home from work, TIA.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Relentless posted:

Please do not hotfix until I get home from work, TIA.

:emptyquote:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hoping we can put together some 5v5 customs on ToD with a rag on each team before it's fixed. Want to play some minionless hots.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why aren't the new skins in? :confused:

edit: Oh I guess the map also isn't technically in yet? ?????

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yeah it's weird. It sounds like the quests for alterac are active even though nothing else about the event is. I'm guessing they wanted to stagger the launch for Yrel and for Alterac but it feels awkward.

EDIT: was curious about the impact of last week's changes and twin memes is at 57.8 percent win rate: https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Varian Pretty nuts...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 12, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

just had a game where all four of us were begging alarak to go bot. he ignored us and was completely silent and gul’dan also refused to go bot because he was building stacks. so I as li li had to go

even after that obviously didn’t work and those idiots were getting wrecked mid with no healer they still refused to rotate

eventually alarak came down and dove in so I ran away and he started bitching at me in chat for not healing him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Question about the skins and map, if I’m about to hit an epic chest, am I better off just waiting a week for a chance at the new skins?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Semper Fudge posted:

How are people building Yrel?

Level 1: Light of Karabor is good for general purpose because it makes your primary source of waveclear/sustain/AOE better. I've noticed that people tend to interrupt you less if you're channeling Vindication instead of Righteous Hammer. Take Dauntless if the enemy team has a heavy duty physical attacker.
Level 4: Gift of the Naaru for general purpose. Aegis of Light if you're in a Double Warrior comp and you're the midline tank or if you're in a dive-heavy comp and you need to keep your scubamen alive.
Level 7: Divine Steed because holy poo poo instant mounting and an 80% speed buff more or less ensures you'll never be caught by anything ever.
Level 10: Your pick, but I personally prefer Sacred Ground. The primary purpose of Yrel's Heroics are to dissuade the enemy team from blowing her up when she dives into them and typically the big flashy visual and the 40 armor does the trick.
Level 13: Velen's Chosen or Aldor Peacekeeper. Spellpower is always nice for better ability effectiveness, especially when it comes to healing. However, Aldor Peacekeeper allows you to switch up the usual Yrel Combo of Jump > Empowered Hammer into Jump > Empowered Vindication, which can throw off enemy expectations while also neatly neutering their backline's damage output. The damage debuff in combination with the armor from Sacred Ground is particularly effective.
Level 16: Templar's Verdict or Divine Favor. I personally take Templar's Verdict every time I take Velen's Chosen at 13 because I'm always going to be hitting the enemy with a fully charged Righteous Hammer due to Divine Purpose. Divine Favor on the other hand gives a lot of utility to uncharged Basic Ability casts, which is super nice.
Level 20: Seraphim. Unstoppable in a can is always good, but Unstoppable in a can with a ten second cooldown is dumb as hell in all of the best ways.

Kith fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 12, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

what does the A in that sequence stand for? Auto attack?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Question about the skins and map, if I’m about to hit an epic chest, am I better off just waiting a week for a chance at the new skins?

No need to wait on earning the chest, it rolls the items at the time you open it.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

what does the A in that sequence stand for? Auto attack?

Yes, so your combo after level 20 ("first" in the video) is:
1. W skillshot on target, tele in using Seeker ("W -> W")
2. AA & Cleave
3. Blink away with E
4. Vorpal back in when your AA timer resets, AA
5. (Might of the Nerazim) R-blink out; this resets all other basic abilities with your level 20 talent
6. Repeat steps 1 thru 3

Makes you very slippery with all the teleporting while still doing a lot of damage.
Practice on dummies in training about 100 times until its muscle memory.

"Second" in the video:
1. W -> W
2. AA & Cleave
3. R-Cleave; resets other abilities
4. Repeat 1 & 2

Much easier, but with no blinking around you are much more likely to get slammed by a stun or something. It also requires one less AA so can be done quicker.

"Third" in the video:
1. W -> W
2. AA & Blink away
3. Vorpal back in when AA timer resets, AA again
4. Cleave and R-Cleave; resets abilities
5. W -> W, AA, Cleave, AA

Does a little bit more damage than the first combo but you are using your R on cleave instead of blink so you only blink out once.

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 12, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Yes, so your combo after level 20 ("first" in the video) is:
1. W skillshot on target, tele in using Seeker ("W -> W")
2. AA & Cleave
3. Blink away with E
4. Vorpal back in when your AA timer resets, AA
5. (Might of the Nerazim) R-blink out; this resets all other basic abilities with your level 20 talent
6. Repeat steps 1 thru 3

Makes you very slippery with all the teleporting while still doing a lot of damage.
Practice on dummies in training about 100 times until its muscle memory.

"Second" in the video:
1. W -> W
2. AA & Cleave
3. R-Cleave; resets other abilities
4. Repeat 1 & 2

Much easier, but with no blinking around you are much more likely to get slammed by a stun or something. It also requires one less AA so can be done quicker.

"Third" in the video:
1. W -> W
2. AA & Blink away
3. Vorpal back in when AA timer resets, AA again
4. Cleave and R-Cleave; resets abilities
5. W -> W, AA, Cleave, AA

Does a little bit more damage than the first combo but you are using your R on cleave instead of blink so you only blink out once.

Awesome thanks

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

lava wave fixed

e: new bug, li ming dies anywhere on the map you can hear her scream full volume

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 13, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
lol now new voice lines are listed as new announcers in your collection

E: actually all the new item indicators appear to be shifted one category to the left

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
"Back, demon!" Yrel cried, defiantly moving toward Garrosh at twenty five percent reduced speed. After one and a half seconds, she swung the mighty weapon Maarad had left her. It squeaked as it mildly inconvenienced Garrosh.

The powerful Yrel charged up again, ready to unleash a blast of holy light upon her foes. “YAAAH!” she shouted as the Holy Light enveloped her, dealing ten damage to her enemies and healing her a little bit.

Running out of options, our heroine prepared for another second and a half to swing her mace at full strength. Years of training had built up to this moment. She then stunned one person for less than a second and pushed them to safety.

“The Light will protect me!” Yrel’s prayers were answered as she became totally immune to damage for three seconds. The red team completely ignored her while this was happening. In just ninety-seven more seconds, she’d be able to do it again.