Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This is just a kid being dumb but it's funny.

quote:

14-year-old told me he had tried to make a hot cheese sandwich... by putting his sandwich on a PLATE on the hob...

The scorch/burn mark on the hob would indicate that what he actually did was put his bread on the hob. I've now shown him how to use the grill."

Good job not setting off all the fire alarms, kiddo. But who at 14 does not know how to make cheese on toast. Come the gently caress on

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

eating only apples posted:

Good job not setting off all the fire alarms, kiddo. But who at 14 does not know how to make cheese on toast. Come the gently caress on
The thought process might be more like "if I use a frying pan I'll have to wash a frying pan. Maybe if I just put the sandwich straight on the stove...?"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Um I definitely know people who made it to 22 years old without knowing how to make toast or butter bread and a grilled cheese is a step up from that again

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

everyone in this post did a good job today!!!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

Um I definitely know people who made it to 22 years old without knowing how to make toast or butter bread and a grilled cheese is a step up from that again

Yeah I’ve known a lot of people who are legally adults and their diets have consisted almost entirely of fast food and canned/microwaveable food and the idea of how to make a grilled cheese would intimidate the gently caress out of them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That should make me sad but instead it pisses me off

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So cursed I'm not even going to quote it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lmao

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Chemmy posted:

Here's the whole video. Surprise they're going to stuff it with cheese and bake it until it's well done!

https://www.facebook.com/scrumdiddlyumptiouscom/videos/vb.943263485794783/874411476095961/?type=2&theater

I have to admit, there's some drat good comments on that video.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The fact that the rabbit is blushing makes it so much worse somehow

The General
Mar 4, 2007

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

eating only apples posted:

This is just a kid being dumb but it's funny.

Reminds me of this:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

RabbitWizard posted:

But there's a reason to put it here.
Finally, something so bad that no number of randacons can express my feelings. Thanks, thread.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Brawnfire posted:

That should make me sad but instead it pisses me off

loving seriously. Massive failure of society when a good portion of people can't do basic poo poo I started learning when I was like 5.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
A friend of mine made pasta once and it "came out bad." I don't think he's tried again. :geno:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elysiume posted:

A friend of mine made pasta once and it "came out bad." I don't think he's tried again. :geno:

Love it. I've made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my wife and myself--and now our baby--for nearly a decade and I still gently caress up hard sometimes, even things I've made literally a hundred times, because I'll change something or forget something or try a new method. The point is, keep trying, because giving up entirely on the simple act of making yourself good food is way more pathetic than having to eat a couple mistakes.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Nope.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
https://www.straight.com/food/1087376/beer-ramen-metro-vancouvers-latest-food-fad

Oh. It's beer ramen topped with egg foam. I don't know what I was expecting.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Brawnfire posted:

The point is, keep trying, because giving up entirely on the simple act of making yourself good food is way more pathetic than having to eat a couple mistakes.
That's a foreign idea to a lot of people, especially if it's not something they're enthused about doing in the first place(or if they're just allergic to effort).

You see this in other areas of life, too. Went to the gym a couple times and don't have that beach body yet? Welp, better give up, it's clearly not working. Bad at math? Well, you're bad at math, no point in trying to improve. Having trouble getting dates? Turn into an incel and complain about :females: on the internet all day, it's obviously not your own fault.

No, it can't possibly be that it takes extended effort to get good at things, don't be silly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I'll post some quality AFP when the girl gets home, she took some pictures of my first attempt dumpling abortion and sandwich said i should post em because i never post content :shrug:

still gonna try making em again :colbert:

e:

gotta try rolling the dough thinner or something or maybe a lighter dough that doesnt turn into straight puff pastry with a bit of steaming

TehRedWheelbarrow has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Jun 12, 2018

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I found the sound track to the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7i9inHZIHw

Just let it play while you scroll through the horrors. It's perfect.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I found the sound track to the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7i9inHZIHw

Just let it play while you scroll through the horrors. It's perfect.

wrong song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB_fNVOPzyM

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Brawnfire posted:

Love it. I've made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my wife and myself--and now our baby--for nearly a decade and I still gently caress up hard sometimes, even things I've made literally a hundred times, because I'll change something or forget something or try a new method. The point is, keep trying, because giving up entirely on the simple act of making yourself good food is way more pathetic than having to eat a couple mistakes.
Yeah, I've tossed entire meals because they came out gross. I've also suffered through meals that were gross but to a lesser degree because I hate wasting food. The friend with pasta woes has, as far as I know, thrown in the towel, at least for now.

sneakyfrog posted:

I'll post some quality AFP when the girl gets home, she took some pictures of my first attempt dumpling abortion and sandwich said i should post em because i never post content :shrug:

e:

gotta try rolling the dough thinner or something or maybe a lighter dough that doesnt turn into straight puff pastry with a bit of steaming
They remind me of when I was in Chicago, saw a fruit I couldn't remember the name of, and figured out the name to tell my family by googling "that fruit that looks like an old butt" (chayote).

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

An old witch butt, to be specific.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think your biscuits need another few minutes in the oven. You need to let them brown.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
they would have actually been really good that way the dough was great just got too thick and obviously i cant pleat a dumpling for poo poo

filling needed more fat too it ended up really lean and more of a meatball consistency than a properly good dumpling.

i'll get it eventually :shrug:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

e:

Just buy the dough from the shop~

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

bike tory posted:

Just buy the dough from the shop~

:frog:

no

i like scratch cooking, its just a learning process.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Like someone punched a cartoon character in the face.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

e:

YES

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

darthbob88 posted:

Same. I was just waiting for somebody to grab a Fleshlight housing.

Zil posted:

That is in the patreons only version. :v:

I think you mean dickstarter

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
or go gently caress me

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

sneakyfrog posted:

or go gently caress me

:golfclap:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

pssht friend you deserve the muse credit there pal

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Haifisch posted:

You see this in other areas of life, too. Went to the gym a couple times and don't have that beach body yet? Welp, better give up, it's clearly not working. Bad at math? Well, you're bad at math, no point in trying to improve. Having trouble getting dates? Turn into an incel and complain about :females: on the internet all day, it's obviously not your own fault.

Ugh, I have attempted to tutor a friend in basic algebra before, and the entire time she would just complain that she doesn't get it. There was screaming and crying and I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out of that diner. Eventually she started dating a guy that was able to convince her to stop being such a whiny bitch about it and actually try, and it turns out she actually can do math, she just likes complaining.

sneakyfrog posted:

e:

If I want to make bao, I usually go with this GWS recipe. It's a lot of effort but they turn out hella good. The dough is a little dense for steaming, but it works alright. Also, pinching them shut and putting the seams on the bottoms is a great way to make pretty bao and hide your shame if you can't make nice pleats. Most of mine ended up looking like yours the first time I tried pleating them, but they taste great so who cares?

Your basket looks way overcrowded, though. Maybe try putting half as many in there next time?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
*writes that poo poo down*

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

sneakyfrog posted:

*writes that poo poo down*

What is this? The '80's?

Copy Paste to Word. Delete parts that are in colour or hyperlinks. Delete everything. Repaste as plain text. Print. Turn printer on. Clear queue. Print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my whole professional life is high tech poo poo. sometimes doing things the non amazon prime, prepackaged, internet of stuff way is just relaxing.