Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Someone forward her the crisis hotline.

lol drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

just watched some re 2.remake footage and it looks muy bien

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
sony just put up a good E3 sale if you're like me and missed the last 2 years of ps4 gaming. I know I'm getting Persona 5..... should I get Danganrompa 3 , Nioh, or Resident Evil 7 as my other game?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Either way now I just need to find Nier for less than $60 and i'm set

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RE7. The other ones sound like FBI watch list poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

sony just put up a good E3 sale if you're like me and missed the last 2 years of ps4 gaming. I know I'm getting Persona 5..... should I get Danganrompa 3 , Nioh, or Resident Evil 7 as my other game?

gravity rush 2 is only liek $12 check it out

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

Get Nioh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

RE7. The other ones sound like FBI watch list poo poo.

Everyone in this forum is already on a watch list from all the “post _________ only child molesters played” threads

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

They just took all the online severs down for itbright? Does that affect much?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

This too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

They just took all the online severs down for itbright? Does that affect much?

The servers are up until late July

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Everyone in this forum is already on a watch list from all the “post _________ only child molesters played” threads

I rarely take part in those and to a limited extent, often to show my disgust, so I like to think I'm in the fed's good graces bro.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't have the Witcher 3 DLC either and that's cheap but I lost my save in the exact same spot I chose to start over last time and I don't know if I want to play all the way up to Skellige for the third time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the online stuff is nice, and it sucks sony doesnt want to pay the $5 to keep it live, but wont make a huge difference overall

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hours of contemplation later: Daemon X Machina is such a cool name

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the last of us 2 devs have invented the camo index

“We have this concept of analog stealth. So, in other games, including Uncharted 4, when you were in tall grass or some kind of vegetation covers you, you’re completely hidden.” That’s not possible in this new Last of Us. A meter on the lower right shows the relative amount of stealth cover something provides. “The smaller the circle, the more hidden you are. You’re never fully hidden when you’re in foliage. It changes how close an enemy has to be to spot you.”

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

“We have this concept of analog stealth. So, in other games, including Uncharted 4, when you were in tall grass or some kind of vegetation covers you, you’re completely hidden.” That’s not possible in this new Last of Us. A meter on the lower right shows the relative amount of stealth cover something provides. “The smaller the circle, the more hidden you are. You’re never fully hidden when you’re in foliage. It changes how close an enemy has to be to spot you.”

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i doubt ill ever forget that i saw that photo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850043&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post481545516

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

quote:

“We’re making a game about the cycle of violence and we’re making a statement about violent actions and the impact they have on the character that’s committing them and on the people close to them,” he said. “And our whole approach is to say, ‘We want to treat this as realistically as possible.’ When you stab someone—if you watch reference videos, which we have, it’s gross and it’s messy and it’s not sanitized like you see in most movies and games. And we wanted to get the player to feel that.”

One person’s video game violence is another person’s video game fun. For better and at times for worse, the very essence of fun interaction in video games has deep roots in violent interaction, from the primitive days of one batch of pixels causing another to blink out of existence to modern times, when blinking an enemy out of existence often involves a gory finishing move.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Christ

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

watching beheading videos for your stupid rear end zombie game ftw, selling your soul piece by piece for some convoluted asinine justification ftw

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

watching 2001 and saying "wow, just like in video games" after the ape kills the other ape

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Stuck on these guys outside Nasenvendir Gate. Won't let me in even with Level 16 Mouth.

thank you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

watching beheading videos for your stupid rear end zombie game ftw, selling your soul piece by piece for some convoluted asinine justification ftw

It's a livin'!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The whole dev team at Naughty Dog saved up for weeks to pay an older guy to buy them beer and rent Faces of Death

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

little bit of text before the Bumfights bluray remaster about how its a commentary on the nature of man. weepy eyed take my money

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

*taps girlfriend on shoulder* That's Daniel Pearl.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The scene from 8MM where Nic Cage watches the snuff film but he’s eating popcorn the whole time and saying things like “Hmm. Mmhmm. Oh, THAT’S going in for sure”

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*with an extremely visible boner poking through his extra large Naughty Dog hoodie* The noises you hear in those knife videos, man. They just stick with you. Really want the players to experience the trauma I did while researching violence.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Completely glassy-eyed 80-hour-workweek computer science major accidentally getting radicalized by ISIS after the 15th propaganda video.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

guy at 4 monitor standing desk with each screen dedicated to r/deathlulz, ogrish, liveleak, and cartelbrazil.net eating almond milk cauliflower tendies

• Locked thread