Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

FauxLeather posted:

Yeah, I've linked my account to PC and PS4. This could be that Sony thing, aye? Maybe someone with an exclusively PC Epic account will be fine logging in?

E; Ah here it is https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17453628/fortnite-nintendo-switch-cross-play-sony-ps4-microsoft-xbox-one-e3-2018

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FauxLeather posted:

Fair warning to people wanting to multi-plat Fortnite with a PS4 linked Epic account. This loving sucks.

I say this as a PS4 owner: Get hosed Sony

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm surprised Sony even has the power to hold Epic accounts hostage like this. Was expecting no links to progress/skins, but not this. I'd be pissed if I bought Save the World AND the battlepass.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FauxLeather posted:

I'm surprised Sony even has the power to hold Epic accounts hostage like this. Was expecting no links to progress/skins, but not this. I'd be pissed if I bought Save the World AND the battlepass.

Yeah they've done it for a few other games like warframe too. I don't know what annoys me more, Sony doing their walled garden poo poo, or other devs and companies not bothering/having no idea how to nest games and accounts under their company login. Like Blizzard has allowed people to have multiple WoW accounts managed with separate subscriptions under a single Bnet account for how long now? And despite every company loving the concept of lpublisher accounts being required for their sites and games, they never put the effort in to do the same poo poo.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah they've done it for a few other games like warframe too. I don't know what annoys me more, Sony doing their walled garden poo poo, or other devs and companies not bothering/having no idea how to nest games and accounts under their company login. Like Blizzard has allowed people to have multiple WoW accounts managed with separate subscriptions under a single Bnet account for how long now? And despite every company loving the concept of lpublisher accounts being required for their sites and games, they never put the effort in to do the same poo poo.

A good point actually. They probably don't want to gently caress too much with Sony, especially since doing this would be obviously purely against Sony. Then again, they've already enabled cross play "by accident" multiple times for multiple weeks so who knows.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

is switch cross play the same as the other consoles ie no console cross play?

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Budget Dracula posted:

You could conceivably have a squad with a player each on PC / Switch / Xbox One / mobile.

PS4 cross play is limited to PC and mobile.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Budget Dracula posted:

It's supposed to have cross play with bone but I can't confirm personally.

Played one 50v50 in the bathroom at work, it was pretty good!

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
So because I linked up Fortnite and booted it up on my PS4 literally once to see how it felt with a controller, I'm forbidden from playing the portable version that provides a more interesting niche (portability and gyro controls) by a company who I have not given money at any point for this game, even though I've delinked it?

This is worse than Games for Windows Live, holy poo poo.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Lol so Sony does this in order to keep their competitive advantage on console currently, but ironically is something that just makes everyone say “gently caress Sony” and consider getting a different console next time.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Pretty happy that for once in my life I only own one current-gen console and it's the Switch...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Am I being too hasty to say that this feels kinda like a really bad version of Fortnite?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1006605714620665858

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Feenix posted:

Am I being too hasty to say that this feels kinda like a really bad version of Fortnite?

How so?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

santanotreal posted:

Lol so Sony does this in order to keep their competitive advantage on console currently, but ironically is something that just makes everyone say “gently caress Sony” and consider getting a different console next time.
Yeah, these companies never learn and always assume that once they're top dog they'll stay there forever.
Microsoft did the same thing for the brief window when they were king poo poo, when the PS3 stumbled, Nintendo was notorious for always ratfucking anyone they did business with, and even Atari knew they didn't need to play ball with Nintendo and walked away from a deal for exclusive international distribution of the nes and all Nintendo arcade games.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sony are assholes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just a heads up! The Fortnite Pro/Am tourney at E3 is going to start in about an hour.

Watch here: https://www.twitch.tv/fortnite

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hype for the pro am

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
This is such a strange production so far.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1006679574590021632

lmao pancake entrance

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, these companies never learn and always assume that once they're top dog they'll stay there forever.
Microsoft did the same thing for the brief window when they were king poo poo, when the PS3 stumbled, Nintendo was notorious for always ratfucking anyone they did business with, and even Atari knew they didn't need to play ball with Nintendo and walked away from a deal for exclusive international distribution of the nes and all Nintendo arcade games.

The Atari thing could've been even more insidious because they could've signed that deal and just sat on the NES and never actually brought it to market to prevent competition against the 7800.

Feenix posted:

I played a game in portable mode and thought it was a pretty drat good port. No slowdown, no stutters, no issues seeing people at a distance. Haven't played docked yet but can't see any reason that would be worse.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Voodoo posted:

This is such a strange production so far.

Yes. Quite. But lol it has nearly 700,000 viewers and they haven't even played yet.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
And now we see the issue with BR as an esport. 40 people dead so far and exactly zero of the kills have been seen on camera.

Lupo decent on commentary at least.

Edit: finally saw Ninja get eliminated at 45

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Lil Yachty has two kills lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao lil yachty is playing?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Voodoo posted:

And now we see the issue with BR as an esport. 40 people dead so far and exactly zero of the kills have been seen on camera.

I kinda think something like this for an audience could work, but not in real time. You'd pretty much have to show curated replays. Once you know where players got eliminated and when or what plays wound up costing or enabling victories later you could do some interesting stuff, but the odds of seeing in real time that some joe blow who gets eliminated at the 3 minute mark drank the chug jug that would've saved the 3rd place finisher's life in another 20 minutes is pretty low.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I turned it on just to see Myth get blown away, haha

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I like how that dude was being interviewed for this charity tournament, and he decided he was going to "come on everyone"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Voodoo posted:

Think they need to scale up production in that regard. Get 10 or 15 people on observer cameras each match to scope out potential hot zones. End game Fortnite doesn't really have any issues though; build fights are really fun to watch.

I clipped the build fight where Ninja got eliminated by Gotaga in the solos warmup match. Gives a decent look at how the new observer client can handle Fortnite Esports. https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyBlushingPieFutureMan

[edit] Also yeah, Lupo has been a great caster. Hope he continues to do that for future Fortnite tourneys.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
to make fortnite good for live spectating, there would need to be a heatmap for fighting and building that commenters could use to zero in immediately on places where the fun is happening. just following player perspective wouldn’t work on its own, even if all 100 players were being recorded

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

holy poo poo over 125 MILLION players worldwide
-- that number BEFORE the switch and android launches

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

aaaaand how about a world cup? https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1006702151173836800

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So my Xbox account (the one with a pass and coin) is on a nameless Epic account.

My switch account is linked to my Epic account.

Is there a way to get my Xbox moved off the nameless account to my Epic account?

They had a FAQ for doing it online but it would wipe the progress on my Xbox.

Anyone done this “?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Big finishes for all 3 matches and of course Ninja & Marshmello clutch it for the win

AAB fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 13, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This mlg poo poo makes me hate the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Beastie posted:

So my Xbox account (the one with a pass and coin) is on a nameless Epic account.

My switch account is linked to my Epic account.

Is there a way to get my Xbox moved off the nameless account to my Epic account?

They had a FAQ for doing it online but it would wipe the progress on my Xbox.

Anyone done this “?

This?

https://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2915240

tl;dr: Your progress is on a nameless Epic account, if you promote it and unlink your XBL account that Epic account still has all the data (your XBL loses access to it unless you relink your XBL account to it, hence it 'wiping' your XBL's Fortnite data). If you want to play with your XB1 data on the Switch you want to promote the XBL's headless account and log in to the Switch with it. You wouldn't need to unlink your XBL account.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

This mlg poo poo makes me hate the game.

You can not watch E S P O R T S and just play the game. That's a thing you can do.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I just want to say: gently caress Epic for starting their huge event, announced months ahead of time, at loving 1 AM EU time. Dicks.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Feenix posted:

I don't know about really bad, but it's bad. Too ugly and choppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Evil Fluffy posted:

This?

https://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2915240

tl;dr: Your progress is on a nameless Epic account, if you promote it and unlink your XBL account that Epic account still has all the data (your XBL loses access to it unless you relink your XBL account to it, hence it 'wiping' your XBL's Fortnite data). If you want to play with your XB1 data on the Switch you want to promote the XBL's headless account and log in to the Switch with it. You wouldn't need to unlink your XBL account.

I tried doing that and it keeps linking to some gamer tag my brother made on my Xbox like 3 years ago. I guess I’ll try calling or submit a ticket and wait 100 years.