Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

homeless snail posted:

Light and fun, she ever watch K-On or Nichijou (I'm pretty sure that has a dub)?

The latter doesn't seem to have a dub, but K-On does, so I'll have her give that a shot.

DoubleDonut posted:

G Gundam if she wants another robot show
Azumanga Daioh has a pretty okay dub as I recall
I think My Love Story!! is dubbed but I don't know if it's a good dub or not

I'll check into these if K-On doesn't work, or maybe after.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

Another thing that I forgot because I hadn't played NV in six years is how.good the first time you enter New Vegas is. Ain't That A Kick in the Head starts playing and you see all the lights and big signs and all the people and then the music fades into an Inon Zur ambient drone and you see a soldier puking on a wall and all the rubble and barricades and then a guy calling himself Mr. Holdout comes up to you and asks.if you want to buy some knives. It's believable in a waythat Bethesda has never been able to match in their Fallouts

i like that the new vegas dlcs are actually coherent stories and not half-weirdly disconnected action scenarios where you shoot at people from across a wide featureless plain, half-weirdly structured stories that don't seem very confident in their own premise so they toss in extra twists that don't really mean anything

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Mordiceius posted:

Can someone recommend me an anime to recommend to my wife. She's in the mood to watch a new show.

The main requirement is that it has to be dubbed because she often will work on puzzles or do other tasks while watching, so subs are not an option.

She wants something light and fun.

Some of her favorite anime are: Haibane Renmei, Little Witch Academia, Chobits, Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, and Chrono Crusade.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

The dubs are ok.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4uJJCNcDM&t=1913s major titty haver envy @ courtney loves top

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
sorry everyone i should have linked this timestamp instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4uJJCNcDM&t=2529s

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Mordiceius posted:

Can someone recommend me an anime to recommend to my wife. She's in the mood to watch a new show.

The main requirement is that it has to be dubbed because she often will work on puzzles or do other tasks while watching, so subs are not an option.

Some of her favorite anime are: Haibane Renmei, Little Witch Academia, Chobits, Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, and Chrono Crusade.

Castle Town Dandelion
Interviews with Monster Girls
Hanayamata

Not sure how well the dubs are for these, but they do have dubs, and they're light and fun.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The Interviews dub was good, IMHO

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Finished Land of the Lustrous. It was very good, but I really hope there will be a second season. As it stands, it feels woefully open-ended and unfinished, even for a manga adaptation.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

All non beth engine open world games are inferior though because they don't have horse mountain climbing

Where is horse mountain

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Well, time for an interview I'm probably going to fail horribly. Wish me luck!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

AnoHito posted:

Good luck!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

AnoHito posted:

Hey, me too! Good luck interview friend!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Araki posted:

Finished Land of the Lustrous. It was very good, but I really hope there will be a second season. As it stands, it feels woefully open-ended and unfinished, even for a manga adaptation.

Well, there's a very good chance of this happening! It just won't be the whole story, again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AnoHito posted:

If you're gonna fail, fail spectacularly at least! Good luck!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Where is horse mountain

What happened to your av

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oof.

I'm going to assume PerrinClostermann happened.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

i like that the new vegas dlcs are actually coherent stories and not half-weirdly disconnected action scenarios where you shoot at people from across a wide featureless plain, half-weirdly structured stories that don't seem very confident in their own premise so they toss in extra twists that don't really mean anything
theyre the best dlcs in gaming i think

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ryuko, is everything ok? :ohdear:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

:same:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That's just what they want you to think

because it's probably correct

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buying avs to own the libs

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lol

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Araki posted:

Read the manga, and join us in waiting for monthly updates on a slow-moving story.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Where is horse mountain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse_Memorial
In America, but they haven't finished it yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

samurai champloo is by the same director as cowboy bebop, coffin princess chaika isn't too far off from chrono crusade in terms of being a very straightforward fantasy adventure.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't know if it's worse than getting Cobbed, but it's still pretty darn bad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mods can get free changes why even bother

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Plutonis posted:

mods can get free changes why even bother
Lowtax is still going through rehab for his new exoskeleton or something.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

got banned to own the libs
matoi owns

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5HsJ2oS0X0

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Ryuko, is everything ok? :ohdear:

Yes, for I only have to press a few buttons to get rid of this Avatar where as the purchaser had to spend time working a real life job in order to express their dissatisfaction with my moderation decions. A pm would have been far more effective, but to each their own, I suppose.:cheerdoge:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Ah, isekai protagonists

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I thought a ban was a bit much, but then I looked at his rap sheet.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Yes, for I only have to press a few buttons to get rid of this Avatar where as the purchaser had to spend time working a real life job in order to express their dissatisfaction with my moderation decions. A pm would have been far more effective, but to each their own, I suppose.:cheerdoge:
I almost pictured an evil laugh at the period. Good game! :3:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i was asleep what was ryukos av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

PerrineClostermann posted:

Your avatar is a bad excuse to have naked sisters fight each other did you know that?

lmao this was a good comeback

• Locked thread