Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I think you can shoot it with the tractor canon too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PopeCrunch posted:

Wait what how the gently caress
How do you do this, I need to know

Nail it with the Titan's arc shoulder charge. Not a Titan? That's fine, nobody's perfect.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i just remembered the other good npc, taeko-3

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

quite stretched out posted:

i just remembered the other good npc, taeko-3

She's the suicide one, right?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
shes the savathuns song one who embraces the praxic fire, yeah

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

limaCAT posted:

Congratulations on the the first two months, then you will become bitter and angry at bungie because they can't deliver more content than just the bare minimum.

Like VideoGames I have only started playing this real recently but don't you worry I've been bitter at Bungle for years already.

PS Gideon Emery, that is all.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This game has NPCs?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Siljmonster posted:

This game has NPCs?

Those floating diamond icons you collect loot from /give tokens to? If you look closely, there are character models under them.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Vintersorg posted:

:lol:

Which PC clan is the most active? SNEK looks full.

Honestly, besides giving me a few engrams every now and then clans are pretty much useless as far as I know. Hopefully, clan chat will make this better.

Also, why do we need 3 distinct separated discord servers for each clan? I'm just saying co's I'm weird and I enjoy reading people chat while I play (and posting the eventual bitching when I get frustrated) and I find myself having to cycle between 3 discords all the time. Even euro goons, since our characters persist no matter what server you use, there's no reason we can't play with na and vice versa eventually.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 13, 2018

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pray for my aunt posted:

Those floating diamond icons you collect loot from /give tokens to? If you look closely, there are character models under them.

Pretty sure those people stand there as I shove tokens at them and they stare blankly as a masterwork doesn't pop up

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Siljmonster posted:

Pretty sure those people stand there as I shove tokens at them and they stare blankly as a masterwork doesn't pop up

I love that getting a masterwork has a unique sound. Makes your day when you hear it, and earn yourself just a single core again goddamnit.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pigbottom posted:

Honestly, besides giving me a few engrams every now and then clans are pretty much useless as far as I know. Hopefully, clan chat will make this better.

Also, why do we need 3 distinct separated discord servers for each clan? I'm just saying co's I'm weird and I enjoy reading people chat while I play (and posting the eventual bitching when I get frustrated) and I find myself having to cycle between 3 discords all the time. Even euro goons, since our characters persist no matter what server you use, there's no reason we can't play with na and vice versa eventually.

The short answer is that they're discord communities for goons.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
We should consolidate all the discords

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
maybe some kind of fourth discord that we can move everyone from the other three in to

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We need to all download Line and WhatsApp too. We aren’t maximizing our potential here.

Also, I like a good take and now that embargo is over, one of these idiots that got invited to Bungie a ways back can finally talk. Here’s his take. There’s a couple new nuggets of info here:

quote:

Now let's start!

Gambit is insanely fun:

Many of us believe Gambit is stellar. And when I say that, this is coming from a very PVP oriented guy. Datto ALSO thinks it is stellar. It is a game mode that has something for everyone, and the mass majority of people WILL enjoy this game mode. It has crazy come back moments, crazy clutch wins, and honestly, it may be so big it rivals early trials of osiris for community engagement with content. It may be one of the biggest game modes for the series yet, and I am already craving playing it again. I am excited for everyone to try it, because whether you like shooting dregs or grinding PVP, it will most likely be enjoyable for you!

There will be 100 different ways to win, and I doubt any "meta" will form any time soon. It is too diverse in potential tactics.

Weapon Slot Changes:

Do you like Destiny 1's weapon system? Good! Use it.

Do you like Destiny 2's weapon system? Good! Use it.

There is a way to build your character load-out for everyone going into forsaken. I think literally everyone will enjoy this change, and it brings a lot of outplay potential to the crucible. Having access to a shotgun or sniper frequently leads to a lot of cool moments. I honestly believe this shift will instantly make PVP more fun. There may need to be some tweaks soon after launch to get everything running smoothly, but as of now, playing with this new weapon system felt really nice.

I think it will take some time to figure out the best way to balance the sandbox, but even if primary weapons retain their TTK, the game "should" speed up due to players having more power in their other weapon slot. I believe players won't group up as much and will be aggressive because they feel more confident with the weapons they have equipped.

The Bow is as fun if not more fun than NLB

I don't know how "good" the bows are for PVE and PVP, but they may be the most fun weapon I have ever used in Destiny. Being able to pull back the string behind cover, pop out, and absolutely destroy enemies felt AMAZING.

One of the highest fun factor weapons to ever release. I'm serious. I am craving playing with it haha

AMMO SYSTEM

Not fully disclosed, but in the Gambit build, "Primary weapons" like hand cannons and scouts use white ammo, and "special weapons" like shotguns used green. If you try to run a kinetic and energy shotgun, they will both share this green ammo and you may starve yourself of ammo very quickly.

This system may change / adapt as the summer goes on, so we can't focus on it too much. But it appears to be a similar ammoo economy as Destiny 1. I think it played nicely overall. And if you want to snipe, shotgun, or use the bow a bunch, you will have a lot more uptime than current Destiny 2 "Power ammo"

Supers are DOPE AS HELL:

While I haven't got to play a few of them, the new supers add some wicked fun to Destiny. Death from above Heatseeking titans, HEALER warlocks, Void Dancing hunters. I think these new supers have a lot of fun factor built into them, and they have some pretty cool niche strengths.

Destiny 2 has felt very similar to D1 for a long time, and supers have honestly gotten pretty stale to me. However, being able to lazer beam enemies on the stormcaller is going to stay fun for a very long time.

I think these added supers are going too feel as good if not better than adding the subclasses in the Taken King because of how diverse they are. You are in for a treat.

Bungie wants to fix this game more than we want it fixed:

It was very obvious how passionate the developers are. They want this game to improve and are working on it. It was very refreshing to see how badly they wanted feedback and advice on how to turn the ship around.

Many stayed after hours to discuss with us, or pulled us away for a couple extra minutes between meetings so we could get into more detail.

We felt heard, and I think they are making great progress.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
For the Mars event, ramming the chest that spawns from the injection rig event with an interceptor works wonders.

Also let's hope gambit stands up to the hype.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ha ha

gambit

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wait a warlock healing super?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Fathis Munk posted:

And healing nades

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Fathis Munk posted:

The new Dawnblade one shoves the sword into the ground and creates a giant rift that lasts 30 seconds and tethers people to it while they're near it. From the footage linked earlier it looked like it acted like a normal healing rift (gives an overshield while in it) but I think I also saw the normal abilities charging much faster while in the rift so maybe it does that too.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Now to hope you actually get to see the health of people in your fireteam. Then again that would assume bungo know how to make a multi-player ui.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mercurius posted:

The new Dawnblade one shoves the sword into the ground and creates a giant rift that lasts 30 seconds and tethers people to it while they're near it. From the footage linked earlier it looked like it acted like a normal healing rift (gives an overshield while in it) but I think I also saw the normal abilities charging much faster while in the rift so maybe it does that too.

You get a 30% flat damage boost, a 110hp overshield and boosted ability recharge rates in the Big Rift

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
had some truly rough comp games tonight. highlight was definitely a 4v3 after a friendly disconnect against a dude with 4700 glory. jfc.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

had some truly rough comp games tonight. highlight was definitely a 4v3 after a friendly disconnect against a dude with 4700 glory. jfc.

yeah dont play comp. It's terrible.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

VideoGames is :D :D :D :D :D at all times, so probably not.

This is very true! :D

Plus if I do not like something I will just sort of drift away. So if there is a point where I am not having fun in Destiny 2 then I will move on. I have only ever been intensely into a game where I over play for hours and hours for only a couple of titles. Most of the time I just play around, sometimes complete, and that is it.

I am excited to play more tomorrow night though! I will also look at the clan discords and such because it might be fun to try some coop stuff. I have also never been in a raid or done any endgame stuff in the first Destiny because I was just bumbling about on my own and not enjoying the controls due to console.

They are so fluid in this, however. My mouse movement is wonderful! And the game runs at 60fps constantly for me. I seriously am amazed. Very impressed by Bungie with this.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

So, do exos breath? I could swear I heard cayde breathing in the video.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
yes but not because of any physical need to, exos have a bunch of simulated biological functions to help keep the human mind from snapping and going crazy from being in a completely synthetic body

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

yes but not because of any physical need to, exos have a bunch of simulated biological functions to help keep the human mind from snapping and going crazy from being in a completely synthetic body

Oh, makes sense. That's pretty interesting.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RocketRaygun posted:

yeah dont play comp. It's terrible.

But QP is just seal clubbing in one direction or the other

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

"Not fully disclosed, but in the Gambit build, "Primary weapons" like hand cannons and scouts use white ammo, and "special weapons" like shotguns used green. If you try to run a kinetic and energy shotgun, they will both share this green ammo and you may starve yourself of ammo very quickly."

Yep pretty much what I expected

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Joined the Euro clan, read the amazingly helpful OP and now am raring to play more! Curses that I only have access to my PC thursday evening until Sunday evening!! :D

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Joined the Euro clan, read the amazingly helpful OP and now am raring to play more! Curses that I only have access to my PC thursday evening until Sunday evening!! :D
I did my first nightfall strike with euro lads the other night and they're very nice and patient. Though I got some stick for refusing to be a mic nerd (my girlfriend was in the room ok). Going to have to bite the bullet because the raid looks super fun

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

dongblade as a real support class is gonna be a gamechanger and probably essential in some raid meta, especially comboing with titan bubble to eat damage.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
dongblade lmao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I did my first nightfall strike with euro lads the other night and they're very nice and patient. Though I got some stick for refusing to be a mic nerd (my girlfriend was in the room ok). Going to have to bite the bullet because the raid looks super fun

I really look forward to this too! :D I used to mic with TF2 teammates back when we played in the ETF2L/UGC competitions so am completely unfazed by sounding like a doofus in front of others.

I think I will wait till I have finished the base campaign before signing up for strikes and raids, but I think it will be great to give them a go!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ha ha ha instilling even more team and squad based super-mechanics when you can’t have a patrol fire-team of more than 3 without gaming the system and no way of coordinating with your clan outside of 3rd party software

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

patrol fire-team of more than 3 without gaming the system and no way of coordinating with your clan outside of 3rd party software

patrols have always been 3 man activities and they're adding in game clan chat before adding the new abilities. :shrug: seems fine to me

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I would like the option for bigger fireteams though...my friends ditched this game on me because we couldn't all play in the same group :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I am super into the idea of support dongblade.

• Locked thread