Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Kins posted:

I was making a joke, you big goofy.

Well, if you happened to watch one of the very few 4v4 tournaments that managed to form shortly after Smash 4's release, you'd learn the dark truth that Smash actually is a MOBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
guys guys hear me out, you've seen the amiibo: solaire

lightning spears, riposte, and a final smash where frampt just pops up and chews on the guy you hit

this game is going to loving rule, though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

paper mario with paper physics should be a character in the game.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Theta Zero posted:

Also they changed the KO sparks so that the game slows down and zooms in on an assured KO, as shown in this video.

I think this one only happens when you land a killing blow on your opponent's last stock. Otherwise the black and red sparks are still there.

Nodosaur posted:

I'd hope they'd at least change Shadow's Up+B. The spring isn't really as fitting for him character wise.

They're both superfast hedgehogs, but other than that Shadow's capabilities are different enough from Sonic's that I don't think he'd really work as an echo fighter.

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 13, 2018

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm hype but I hope they change knockback - yesterday it was super fast and then you slow down awkwardly at the end. I guess this makes combos a lot harder since the aggressor can't get to the end of the knockback fast enough.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

i think someone else already mentioned shadow in this context, but ive got some Echo Character Conspiracy Theories

shadow is no longer an assist trophy, replaced by Knuckles very very visibly, especially since he popped up multiple times in the tournament and Shadow has been seen nowhere. shadow would play identical to Sonic but with a different running animation. easy Echo to make, popular character, seems like a no-brainer and a simple way to make the roster bigger

this is the one i havent seen people pick up on, though. ike is missing his Chrom-colored alt costume. robin, who's final smash had Chrom in it in Smash 4, is the only character who's video on the Smash site does not feature their final smash. Chrom was originally going to be playable in Smash 4 but got dropped in favor of Lucina. seems obvious to me that Chrom is another Echo Character, probably an Ike clone so there isn't another Marth one

pulling elements together from both of these, samus no longer has a Dark Samus alt color costume, and the Dark Samus assist trophy seems to be gone. another easy Echo

Chrom is actually going to be a Roy clone, and Hector will be an ike clone instead

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

I'm hype but I hope they change knockback - yesterday it was super fast and then you slow down awkwardly at the end. I guess this makes combos a lot harder since the aggressor can't get to the end of the knockback fast enough.

In this gamer's opinion, they made this change to accelerate the gameplay, as a lot of what made the game slow was spending so much time for both players to close the distance after knocking each other away. Cutting the time down on that process by making the knockback happen faster makes the game seem faster without changing much about the actual player interactions.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Sakurai said we won't be seeing many newcomers, so I wouldn't expect a lot of echoes.

I do expect to see someone from ARMS, Rex with Pyra/Mythra, and someone from the new Fire Emblem, though. However, in lieu of them, who we really need are Phoenix Wright and Shovel Knight. Let them into Smash University, please, Sakurai!

E: Maybe not Rex since Shulk still has the Monado as his series icon instead of something Xenoblade encompassing.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 13, 2018

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'd main rex. Give me banjo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Give 👏 me 👏 Shantae 👏

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I personally hope #66 is the final character for a while because I'm not a fan of DLC

If they do add more characters, I hope they're older more obscure guys. It would be nice to have some old, forgotten NES/Famicom characters in there. It's not like they haven't done it before. Who gave a gently caress about Ice Climbers, Pit or Duck Hunt when they got a Smash treatment

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Waffleman_ posted:

Give 👏 me 👏 Shantae 👏

This poster knows what’s up

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Smoking Crow posted:

I personally hope #66 is the final character for a while because I'm not a fan of DLC

If they do add more characters, I hope they're older more obscure guys. It would be nice to have some old, forgotten NES/Famicom characters in there. It's not like they haven't done it before. Who gave a gently caress about Ice Climbers, Pit or Duck Hunt when they got a Smash treatment

Pit got a 3DS game so I guess he's kinda relevant. Palentula also getting added was just Sakurai vanity though.
Gimme fuckin Mystical Ninja Goemon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know what this game needs that wasn't in 4? We gotta get Xander doin' a good SUPER SMASH BROTHEEEEEEERS on the title screen.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Smoking Crow posted:

Duck Hunt rules, actually, and I like his Jojo Reference moves.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

tote up a bags posted:

Pit got a 3DS game so I guess he's kinda relevant. Palentula also getting added was just Sakurai vanity though.
Gimme fuckin Mystical Ninja Goemon

Pit got added in Brawl before the 3DS game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I patched together that panoramic artwork:

I'd really like a poster of a non-looping version. :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Smoking Crow posted:

Who gave a gently caress about Duck Hunt when they got a Smash treatment

Literally loving everyone, what the gently caress

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

I remember being a child and playing Duck Hunt for the first time. It was what made me decide to waste the rest of my earthly life on video games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeldauniverse/status/1006886547885576192?s=21

60fps docked and handheld. 1080p docked, 720p handheld.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/zeldauniverse/status/1006886547885576192?s=21

60fps docked and handheld. 1080p docked, 720p handheld.

That is the good poo poo.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I patched together that panoramic artwork:

I'd really like a poster of a non-looping version. :)

Safebooru has an extremely big version of the panoramic poster, that isn't a non-looping version.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I wonder why Duster isn't in Lucas's Starstorm. Is he an AT now?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Macaluso posted:

Most people who play smash now have never touched a light gun in their lives

We're old

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

based on evidence presented I'll say Chrom/Shadow are echoes as well and we get an ARMS character, as well as Travis Touchdown since it's now or never for that fucker. Don't think Belmont will be in unless the rumored Castlevania game is true.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I wonder why Duster isn't in Lucas's Starstorm. Is he an AT now?

Dude isn’t a pk user

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://mobile.twitter.com/littlestwayne/status/1006620710049943552

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Dude isn’t a pk user

Also he probably overslept.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

cooking mama would own hard in smash, do it sakurai

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Dude isn’t a pk user

Then what the hell is Boney doing there?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Moral support.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Looking at Ganondorf's smash attacks, I like that they're generally evolutions of Ganondorf's old smash attacks, just with a sword (so that they're disjointed now).

Up Smash has high vertical range with some frontal range, like his old upwards kick.

Down Smash hits at the front, and behind, opponents getting hit by the frontal hit getting set up for the second hit, just like his old Down Smash.

Only the Forward Smash looks somewhat unique, but functionally has high start-up and ending lag like his old Forward Smash.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

His best.

So if Zelda's redesign is based on Link Between Worlds, does this mean we might see a Hilda echo?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Are you gonna keep a boy and his dog apart?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Suspicious Cook posted:

His best.

So if Zelda's redesign is based on Link Between Worlds, does this mean we might see a Hilda echo?

Hilda is a costume for her.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wasn't Daisy a costume for Peach since forever? Wonder what gimmick she'll have to justify being a full echo.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

His best.

I've been thinking about possible Echoes for a bit. Here's what I got:

Zelda -> Hilda
Sonic -> Shadow
Ryu -> Ken
Samus -> Dark Samus/Metroid Prime
DK -> Funky Kong
Ness -> Ninten (this ones a little out there)

edit:

Zore posted:

Hilda is a costume for her.

That's not really Hilda, it's more like a Shadow version of Zelda or something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

God, the release date is still half a year away :negative:

Smoking Crow posted:

Most people who play smash now have never touched a light gun in their lives

We're old

Counterpoint: everyone knows who duck hunt is and it's a big deal he (they?) was added to smash. Even people younger than us.

Oxyclean posted:

Wasn't Daisy a costume for Peach since forever? Wonder what gimmick she'll have to justify being a full echo.

She's sassy

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That's not really Hilda, it's more like a Shadow version of Zelda or something

Dogg that’s pretty clearly intended to be Hilda

“Oh no that orange peach costume isn’t daisy, it doesn’t have the right number of eyelashes”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I am living for the idea of a Funky Kong echo for DK. Using his surfboard to smack people instead of his fists

And he can do his helicopter spin on his surfboard instead of his fists

:swoon: