Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I remember Jake Delhomme vs the Cardinals

I was there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's going to be the Eagles.

We'll see after this season when they have to pay the piper w/r/t the cap. Rams even moreso

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

We'll see after this season when they have to pay the piper w/r/t the cap. Rams even moreso

What's it like to worry about the cap? Asking for a friend.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Were you a changed man as you left

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's been over nine years and I'm still mad I didn't bet the money line on Cards when I had the chance

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TSBX posted:

June N/V: Andrew Luck Hires Markell Fultz's Uncle To Fix Throwing Motion

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

Will it go down as one of the worst career trajectories ever? Poor guy.

Not even the worst Colts QB trajectory in their history tbh. But yeah, it's pretty bad.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Flikken posted:

What's it like to worry about the cap? Asking for a friend.

Steelers spend to the cap every year, and have since it was implemented. I don't worry about it at all, really. The cap only matters when you give out bad contracts, or when a star (ie; Le'Veon Bell) demands a potentially cap-loving contract.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Durandal1707 posted:

Not even the worst Colts QB trajectory in their history tbh. But yeah, it's pretty bad.

See but this is worse than just overdrafting a crap qb who continues to be crap. That happens, and the guy was poo poo anyways so there's no actual tragedy. With Luck, the bad part is how much lost potential he represents. From a bona fide instant star who many thought had the potential to become one of the best in history, to a guy so injured and PTSD-laden that he's too scared to throw a regulation football. It's a goddamn crime and someone needs to be punished for it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Were you a changed man as you left

I had recently broken up without college girlfriend.

I just remember I couldn’t stop laughing.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That game was so rough.

But not as bad as the SB.... :negative:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Play posted:

See but this is worse than just overdrafting a crap qb who continues to be crap. That happens, and the guy was poo poo anyways so there's no actual tragedy. With Luck, the bad part is how much lost potential he represents. From a bona fide instant star who many thought had the potential to become one of the best in history, to a guy so injured and PTSD-laden that he's too scared to throw a regulation football. It's a goddamn crime and someone needs to be punished for it

I get ya. The reason why I mentioned the Colts aside for Luck is because they used to have a QB named Bert Jones, who they squandered pretty badly. Jones was a very talented and athletic passer for his era - to the point where Belichick said he was the most talented pure passer he'd ever seen - but the Colts never got over the top because his teams played in the 70's, when the Steelers were at the height of their dynasty and they also had to compete against excellent Raiders and Dolphins teams. Then he tore his shoulder up in 1978 and he was never the same QB again. There's some definite differences because of the eras they played in and the relative quality of the rosters each QB had, but the point is that the Colts look like they've squandered Luck as much as they did Jones.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I mean I know we're talking about a much shorter time period than these charts cover, but how are we gonna talk about the Panthers and stability and no one links this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wge7JK0JV0Q&t=545s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

rofl Omar

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ehud posted:

rofl Omar

Did he RT his own post?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Omar has never heard of burner accounts

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pretty sure he forgot to switch to his burner lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

O'Mark Elly

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Still pissed the Bucs passed on Derwin:

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1007025037168144384

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Seems like a good candidate for the next Chargers ACL tear victim

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

lol Luck is going to ball out this season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers defense is seriously stacked

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shadow225 posted:

lol Luck is going to ball out this season

Luck isnt starting a game this season

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diqnol posted:

Please go to Miami, please please please

Where does he fit on Miami

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hnnngggghhh

https://twitter.com/CarolinaHuddle/status/1007247017704415232

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Seems like a good candidate for the next Chargers ACL tear victim

:mad:

We were relatively healthy last year!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

If anyone is saying "please go to x" about Christian Hackenberg they do not care about how he fits on that team.

For instance I hope he now goes to Denver.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Does Christian Hackenberg play a single snap in a regular season NFL game?

He was a 2nd round pick.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

Does Christian Hackenberg play a single snap in a regular season NFL game?

He was a 2nd round pick.
No, barring some catastrophic string of QB injuries somewhere.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

No, barring some catastrophic string of QB injuries somewhere.

I mean even in that case, no. I think he's just totally done and teams would rather play the noodle armed D3 prospect over him.

Gruden liked his potential and gave up on him after a couple of weeks, he must be absolutely putrid in practice.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

He doesn’t fit anywhere in any capacity but it would be the funniest poo poo if he started a game against the Jets and beat him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We already have a comedy option backup QB with Osweiler

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

If anyone is saying "please go to x" about Christian Hackenberg they do not care about how he fits on that team.

I'm gonna kick your rear end

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hacks going to end up qb’ing the Browns

You know it in your heart to be true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah but he’s an eagles fan why would an eagles fan care about Miami

Brock threw a pick 6 in practice today against the third team defense. On a screen.

He’s even gonna lose a job being our 3rd qb lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Durandal1707 posted:

I get ya. The reason why I mentioned the Colts aside for Luck is because they used to have a QB named Bert Jones, who they squandered pretty badly. Jones was a very talented and athletic passer for his era - to the point where Belichick said he was the most talented pure passer he'd ever seen - but the Colts never got over the top because his teams played in the 70's, when the Steelers were at the height of their dynasty and they also had to compete against excellent Raiders and Dolphins teams. Then he tore his shoulder up in 1978 and he was never the same QB again. There's some definite differences because of the eras they played in and the relative quality of the rosters each QB had, but the point is that the Colts look like they've squandered Luck as much as they did Jones.

Got it, I don't know much about 70s football but sounds like it's a pretty similar situation. I think, for the team/coaching staff/front office to be blamed, one requirement is a stubborn refusal to upgrade the offensive line and protect their star quarterback. I think Luck seemed so amazing that they thought he could do without using his scrambling abilities. And now here we are.

CyberPingu posted:

Luck isnt starting a game this season

This is far more likely than him balling out. I'm of the opinion that they might try and put him on the field and he's gonna be awful. Injured, slow and scared. If he's too scared to throw a football in practice how is he going to respond to a defensive line getting after his rear end?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tebow or Hackenberg?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Colts actually spent a decent amount of draft picks and cash on OL trying to upgrade it. It just didn't work because Grigson is bad and everyone was either a bust or got hurt all the time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just wanna see Hack shoot one at a ref in the bigs. Hell, it can be in the preseason. I'm not picky.

Hack played in the preseason, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Diqnol posted:

Tebow or Hackenberg?
If you want to argue that quality of play has remained stagnant since 2010, Tebow?

• Locked thread