Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Vader is currently the best ship in the game. If you're not using him and maxing him, you have hosed up.

Right but wasn't the entire point of this to diversify things up a bit? Now Vader + Biggs is 99% of line ups forever.

I've got Vader + Biggs + Swolo as my starting and its kind of a drag to see that mirrored forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

kingcom posted:

Right but wasn't the entire point of this to diversify things up a bit? Now Vader + Biggs is 99% of line ups forever.

I've got Vader + Biggs + Swolo as my starting and its kind of a drag to see that mirrored forever.

If their goal was "diversity" then boy howdy did they gently caress up. By removing two slots, you make the remaining picks even more precious, and thus cement the "must haves." Given a lack of reliable tank options, that means Biggs and Vader. Following that, strong reinforcement effects are the next big filter, and those all basically went to the pre-revamp meta picks, so... they gained nothing and lost diversity.

Good job CG?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

If their goal was "diversity" then boy howdy did they gently caress up. By removing two slots, you make the remaining picks even more precious, and thus cement the "must haves." Given a lack of reliable tank options, that means Biggs and Vader. Following that, strong reinforcement effects are the next big filter, and those all basically went to the pre-revamp meta picks, so... they gained nothing and lost diversity.

Good job CG?

das what I been saying

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

oops wrong forum posted:

I'd say you did the right thing by not buying the Nest packs unless you are going to drop $200 to 7* her, but if you blew them on generics then you failed even harder. ROI for energy is exponentially better than gambling on the regular packs. Also people please, in these cases where you REALLY want a new toon, just drop the $10 to get the guaranteed 30 shards, you're always going to blow way more crystals getting that star than 10 bucks-worth (10 bucks = 1340 crystals = 1 pack of most likely 5 shards, MAYBE 7, the higher quantities are basically a myth). I totally get F2P but at some point you're just being dumb

I just bought Faction Packs, I haven't bought the generic in ages because while at first when I had barely any characters at all or them at low star levels, I kept getting good stuff (I had a 6* Nihilis for ages though this), but as soon as I hit a pack where everything was garbage I stopped.
My problem with using the crystals to recharge nodes is many times i've gotten hosed by RNG and spend 1000 crystals on a node and come away with 4 shards.

And yea, ships are a real gamble right now. Often one of my ships gets nuked right off the bat, then the AI will bring in another ship so I'll be down one ship. Either they need to delay reinforcements until the 3rd turn or go back to how it was originally.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Good job CG?

So what are the perfect optimal reinforcements then?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Good job CG?

i always thought fleet was dumb and extraneous and stale almost immediately, and in dire need of something to make it worth caring about, and boy i'm glad my opinion was totally validated with the revamp that made everything about fleet worse.

kingcom posted:

Fett, Swolo, not sure about the last. I like phantom II because theres a chance to spread multiple locks and crit up

im cute fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 14, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Fleet is way better now. At the very least battles are way quicker. Sure Biggs and Vader are still OP, but I haven't seen too many complaints about that mystery 3rd starter. For reinforcements, Fett is OP, but past that it's the wild west for what people have ready. My #1 reinforce, unless I need the taunt, is Poe over Fett. Ahsoka if I need the debuff.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I start with Biggs, Vader and TFP, renforcements are Boba, Reaper and FOTP

If the enemy drops Boba as their 1st i counter with reaper and dispel his buffs.
If they do something else i counter with Boba.

I ALWAYS seem to go 2nd with cap ship even though my thrawn is just as good as theirs.

Theres a couple of dudes on my shard i always lose against, on of em starts with 2 phoenix and biggs, the other always drops sun fac as his reinforcement.

I saw gigantic gains in my fleet performance when i remaxxed the basic attack skills.

Virtually every battle now sees an ultimate being used; i cannot remember ever seeing an ultimate be used before the ship rewamp.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
TFP is great starting against chimaera because my executrix usually goes before the chimaera, and the chimaera always uses its AOE first, so Ill have fights where its Executrix -> Chimaera (aoe triggers TFP evasion) -> executrix reinforcement, so I get a reinforcement directly after their capital goes for the 1st time, huge advantage

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

What is Swolo?

I run vader/biggs/tfp and if things aren't falling apart by the first reinforcement I bring in Maul to give tfp retaliation - either tfp dodges and speeds up Chimera or tfp retaliates for decent damage. Otherwise I bring in Fett or Poe if I need to clean up something. I ping-pong around 100 with only one fight/day.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Zachack posted:

What is Swolo?

I run vader/biggs/tfp and if things aren't falling apart by the first reinforcement I bring in Maul to give tfp retaliation - either tfp dodges and speeds up Chimera or tfp retaliates for decent damage. Otherwise I bring in Fett or Poe if I need to clean up something. I ping-pong around 100 with only one fight/day.

Kylo Ren Unmasked = Ben Solo but swole = Ben Swolo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am upset shirtless Kylo Ren isn't a character.

Like Marvel Heroes, GoH won't have movie based content for a long time, as Episode 9 isn't out until what, next Xmas? There will be content from Resistance no doubt but I guess we'll be getting some more alts and filling in background characters. Though more Old Republic Characters would be welcome. We got a lot so why not Bastila, Carth, Malak, Canderious, or hell, Revan seems like a no brainer.

Even if BF2 wasn't a big hit, Iden is still someone I'd like to see in game.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

i want these dudes for a droid team

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Unlocked Rey on the first attempt

A few observations:
-They made us grind 300 shards from a 16 energy node so we would use vet Han for a single fight in the event...
-BB8 was in use very little as well but at least he is good elsewhere
-Chewies smash was MVP
-the last 2 stages are freebies and you cant fail them (?)

G10 finn and rey, g9 bb8 and g8 vets.

Glad i didnt spend any of the gear i grinded for them

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only have Old Man Han and Vet Chewie at 3* and I'm not unlocking their nodes anytime soon, and I build them up to make them useful?

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
To anyone doubting they can clear BB8 level 7.

I just got BB8 with G7 Kylo omega on Unstoppable, G8 Unmasked L not even full level 7 abilities, G7 FOO no omegas, G8 FOST level 4 abilities, G7 Phasma level 74 level 4 abilities.

BB8 did not use Illuminated Destiny once on 3 unstunned turns, instead using more secret intel and basics, and the bastard didn't dodge any Kylo stuns.

RNG is an amazing thing.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I blew off the vets to grind troopers, so no MaRey Sue for me this time.

For ships, I'm running TFP, FOTP, and Biggs, with Vader as the first reinfroce if Biggs is still alive, or Boba if Biggs is dead. The third reinforce slot is taken up by Cassian's u-wing. I think I'm going to go back to Reaper though.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I do FOTP/Vader/Bigg Boi and then Reaper and Poe. Reaper if they beat me to the reinforcement punch and bring out a taunting Boba, otherwise Poe to clean up. Reinforcement 3 and 4 never come out

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I do Vader/Biggs/FOTP with Slave 1/Poe/Fives/Scimitar in reserve and I've honestly called every one of those first depending on the scenario I'm in, but Scimitar is the most likely drop as it fucks up enemy boba who seems to be the most common first reinforce.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

kingcom posted:

Start Biggs/Vader +1, usually Silencer, Imp. Tie, or ghost (the pheonix that stealths another ship). Reinforcements are iffy and based on what you're buffing, but the best reinforcement abilities are generally considered to be Boba's, Banshee (lowers CD of reinforce by one, so you can do it twice in a row), Sun Fac (stuns target +1 additional ship). Reaper makes a really good reinforcement (lowers turn meter of enemies, but then you also get a Tie Reaper), Poe gets a BIG damage boost if he's reinforced, Geo Spy puts taunt on the target (good if their biggs doesn't currently have taunt or is dead, so they can't drop another taunter into the mix) and Cassians U-Wing dispels all buffs on a target, ALL targets if fully upgraded can't be evaded/resisted). Of those, Cassian does a double attack when he comes into play, Tie Reaper gets a dispel attack when he comes into play, and Sun Fac can stun a buffed target when he comes into play, so they're all good ships to counter whatever nonsense just got dropped into play from the enemy side if you aren't currently first.

Reaper is exceptionally good at this if you're tied or almost tied for speed, since a single kill before the next ability goes off means you're now ahead in speed and thus will get you use your ultimate first in a mirror match (Thrawns, mostly, although Tarkin is pretty good with all his abilities upgraded and the other meta that's going to happen is Bugs + Ackbar). Poe is basically a drop in and kill someone without protection with his unique buff and missiles auto-hit/crit on unprotected targets (he's very, very good against Imp. Tie).

Quick tip on ties - if you went first and reinforce while Tie has insight, if you break it it shouldn't mess up turn order because excess TM is lost so the enemy cap ship (already at 100%) is just going to be tied with you again anyway.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So looks like I won't be getting JRey this time around. Vet Chewie sitting at five stars, BB8 is good to go though which is nice. The six star battle was much harder than the seven star for some reason.

Unrelated but I'm creeping up on my fifth Zeta and I'm wondering where I should put it. Smart logic says I just finish up EzPz since I've been running a Empire team anyway but I have zzDV so should I Zeta Thrawn's trait? Am I overthinking this?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rabbi Tupac posted:

So looks like I won't be getting JRey this time around. Vet Chewie sitting at five stars, BB8 is good to go though which is nice. The six star battle was much harder than the seven star for some reason.

Unrelated but I'm creeping up on my fifth Zeta and I'm wondering where I should put it. Smart logic says I just finish up EzPz since I've been running a Empire team anyway but I have zzDV so should I Zeta Thrawn's trait? Am I overthinking this?

BB8 is a great toon and a necessary part of the raid super start triad of CLS/BB8/Thrawn

Thrawns unique is a good zeta, especially if you're using him in arena.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was able to clear BB8 completely, I just had to improve both Kylo Rens and I was able to get through it fine. Which meant I could clear the first JTR node. Without unlocking the Vet nodes though I won't be able to progress.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this Vet Han/Chewie thing is really stupid. Two characters you'll likely never touch again that require months of farming just to get past one battle.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Yeah this Vet Han/Chewie thing is really stupid. Two characters you'll likely never touch again that require months of farming just to get past one battle.

ya, light-side scoundrels need a loving overhaul for sure.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

ya, light-side scoundrels need a loving overhaul for sure.

Jedi need 'em first

Though the new Jedi requirement for the ground war: assault battles makes me suspect that a Jedi faction pass is coming. At, least it'd loving better.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cidrick posted:

Jedi need 'em first

Though the new Jedi requirement for the ground war: assault battles makes me suspect that a Jedi faction pass is coming. At, least it'd loving better.

Maybe it'll come with some Old Republic Jedi? Like Zayne Carrick, with Jedi and Scoundrel tags!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
ugh another day another 0 Chewie shards after spending 200 crystals and all my energy. I'm going to be so pissed if I miss this JTR event by a handful of shards.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
There's still a ton of prequel Jedi that they can introduce.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Shaak Ti, Even Piell, and...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Quinlan Vos, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Saesee Tiin, Yaddle, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Gallia, Stass Allie, Yarael Poof, Depa Billaba, Coleman Trebor, Jocasta Nu, Sifo-Dyas, Zett Jukassa, Pablo-Jill, Bultar Swan, Agen Kolar, Ky Narec, Nahdar Vebb, Bolla Ropal, Ord Enisence, Eekar Oki, Finn Ertay, Tera Sinube, Halsey, Knox, Pong Krell, Thongla Jur, Cin Drallig, Tiplar, Tiplee, Rig Nema, Coleman Kcaj, Tu-Anh, Whie, and Bene.

All canonical named Jedi (of at least at Padawan level) with appearances/mentions in the movies + Clone Wars.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
They don't need more Jedi, they need to make the 19 that are already in the game not so terrible.

GK and Ezra are pretty good, JKA and Ahsoka are okay, but the drop off after that is massive. Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, Ima Gun-Di, Jedi Guardian, etc. Ugh.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cidrick posted:

They don't need more Jedi, they need to make the 19 that are already in the game not so terrible.

GK and Ezra are pretty good, JKA and Ahsoka are okay, but the drop off after that is massive. Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, Ima Gun-Di, Jedi Guardian, etc. Ugh.

It’s not quite that dire; yes, more than half the faction is unmitigated garbage, but there are more than 4 good Jedi.

GK and Ezra are phenomenal as mentioned. So is Hermit Yoda.

Kanan and Old Ben are both fine and have solid niches.

Barriss is a character that does serious work for a lot of people, even if I always find it hard to recommend actually framing her or giving her a zeta now.

JKA and Ashoka are okay for what they are. QGJ’s zeta is actually still pretty good, though his supporting cast is obviously not compatible with how good it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mace Windu certainly needs to be better.

And nice, after struggling through the last few Cantina nodes, I managed to 3* both Vet nodes. So I'll certainly have Han and Chewie ready for when JTR comes back in 6 months.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Shaak Ti, Even Piell, and...

Those and the other guys on the council. Especially the bearded snake jedi. But there is also AOTC Anankin and Obiwan, TPM Obiwan, Pre-Robot Vader, Yoda's wife, Dinosaur Jedi that got blasted by Jango.

Oh and Jango

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

Those and the other guys on the council. Especially the bearded snake jedi. But there is also AOTC Anankin and Obiwan, TPM Obiwan, Pre-Robot Vader, Yoda's wife, Dinosaur Jedi that got blasted by Jango.

Oh and Jango

We already got the BH revamp. Sorry.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
My ep team finally gets attacked in a TW war for the first time since I zetad

:getin:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

My ep team finally gets attacked in a TW war for the first time since I zetad

:getin:

I'll have to remember that set up. I usually use Thrawn in a Throopers set-up.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Moral_Hazard posted:

I'll have to remember that set up. I usually use Thrawn in a Throopers set-up.

I just dont have a good nihilus/sion/treya to stick in there, nor the troopers to do a throopers set up, the main thing is having the best speed mods you can get, especially on DV/EP. My TFP is 235, DV is 222, Thrawn 222, EP 205. EP has the second best set but has lower base speed than TFP/thrawn. If they dont kill you the first time it gets really hard, with the turn meter advantage you start off with from then on

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
SM is doing heroic sith raid again. We are about to easily clear part 1! :siren: