Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Scathach posted:

Yeah that's just hippies thinking everything with a chemical name is bad. My landlord still thinks aspartame causes cancer.
And also Orientalism; note that it's Chinese Restaurant Syndrome, not French Restaurant or Oscar Mayer Bologna Syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

LIKE A ANIMAL

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OOPS ALL FLOATERS

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

urine trouble for posting this

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Guys, is ketchup (catsup) technically a smoothie? :thunk:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Zipperelli. posted:

Only banana ketchup

(which doesn't really belong in this thread)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zipperelli. posted:

Don't smoothies have yoghurt in them? Mix it with yoghurt and it counts.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

They don't specifically have to.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

There is apparently people in existence that mix their ketchup with half and half

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

More banana abuse

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
All bananas are literally the worst and most disgusting thing that is not fish or genocide ok hth

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

when there is no more room in hell, the bread will walk the earth

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Another weird Japanese product to try. This time, for whatever reason, is a clear latte

It is not great, unsurprisingly. Like those vaguely fruity water drinks you can get, but instead of it tasting like someone put a couple of drops of lemon juice into your water bottle, it tastes like someone just finished drinking a very sweet milky coffee out of your bottle and didn't rinse it before you filled it. Oh and it's zero caffeine so there's even less reason to drink it.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 08:31 on Jun 14, 2018

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
"Knowledge" is knowing a tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.
"Wisdom" is not putting tomatoes in a fruit salad.
"Philosophy" is asking

Zipperelli. posted:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

bike tory posted:

Another weird Japanese product to try. This time, for whatever reason, is a clear latte

It is not great, unsurprisingly. Like those vaguely fruity water drinks you can get, but instead of it tasting like someone put a couple of drops of lemon juice into your water bottle, it tastes like someone just finished drinking a very sweet milky coffee out of your bottle and didn't rinse it before you filled it. Oh and it's zero caffeine so there's even less reason to drink it.

The coffee version of that yogurt water poo poo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yoghurt...Water...?¿??

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

That reaction is why I bought it. It was like you ate a container of yogurt, then filled the empty tub with water and drank that for some unfathomable reason.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

so its homeopathic coffee?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

More banana abuse

Literally everything is wrong here.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
There was a half eaten bagle, a whole banana and a cigarette floating in the toilet at court today and it really hosed me up i hope he got loving life.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bike tory posted:

The reason, as I understand it, is that professionals feel like they're looked down upon for drinking soda, juice, and other frilly drinks at work. Water is serious and hard-working! But it's also boring, hence this cheat. Presumably drip-style coffee is okay, but God forbid you're seen drinking a latte.

Also, the yogurt water is great. Fight me. I also regret not trying the tomato water when I had the chance. I found one bottle on clearance, set it aside for my last morning in town, then left it in the Airbnb fridge. :(

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I can imagine the texture and temperature of everything in this picture perfectly

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1007115357369307136

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

It is a sandwich

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

It's like if blue waffles and wtfboob mated

Edit sorry, that's wtftit not boob. My mistake

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

cannot be bothered to see if this has been posted already

"Turns out the flavors cancel each other out, and the whole thing tastes like nothing." - tumblr user hamsterinaraincoat

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's kind of the best case scenario.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
shame, looks like a loss

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh no

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

If piss could cure migraines, I would take a sip :guinness:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

That reaction is why I bought it. It was like you ate a container of yogurt, then filled the empty tub with water and drank that for some unfathomable reason.

Are you talking about Calpis? I kinda like that~

Hirayuki posted:

The reason, as I understand it, is that professionals feel like they're looked down upon for drinking soda, juice, and other frilly drinks at work. Water is serious and hard-working! But it's also boring, hence this cheat. Presumably drip-style coffee is okay, but God forbid you're seen drinking a latte.

This actually makes a lot of sense. They've got clear tea and clear diet coke going at the moment too.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 09:07 on Jun 14, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

There was a half eaten bagle, a whole banana and a cigarette floating in the toilet at court today and it really hosed me up i hope he got loving life.

Was the banana peeled

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Oreos and pepperoni eaten together taste like pepperoni flavored oreos, but with a meat grease mouth coating. The back-of-throat taste is chemical and for some reason it feels a bit like I vomited.

It distinctly does NOT taste like nothing.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

bike tory posted:

Are you talking about Calpis? I kinda like that~

Calpis/Calpico (and other Japanese yogurt drinks) are pretty good, but definitely sound like AFP when someone's trying to describe them. Hell, even the name sounds terrible, hence rebranding as Calpico in some regions. Like, "yeah, it's this watered-down liquidy yogurt drink.. no, not cow piss, Calpis.. nevermind.."

It's also great when mixed with sake or soju. You can get pretty trashed on the stuff without even realizing you're drinking alcohol because the flavors are both so mellow. I'm drinking lychee Calpico with sake right now and I have to occasionally remind myself not to just chug it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wa11y posted:

"Knowledge" is knowing a tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.
"Wisdom" is not putting tomatoes in a fruit salad.
You know, I reckon tomatoes actually wouldn't be too bad in a fruit salad.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Tiggum posted:

You are not a wise person.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Tiggum posted:

Just a big mess of tomatoes and honey dew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zil posted:

Just a big mess of tomatoes, honey, and Dew.