Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I see a goon group is available, is it worth it to join LLJK if, again, I just want to gently caress around and am not interested in anything competitive? Does this game lean heavily on griefing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

IcePheenix posted:

That doesn't count as "hacking" does it? Also if you invite a friend to your session with that active can they join?

It doesn't count as hacking because nothing it does couldn't happen without it (the process can be suspended in other ways, ports being blocked could be normal windows behavior). If you invite a friend to your session you'll need to "unlock" the session while they join (ie disable the port blocking) but if both of you have session sweeper you can both "lock" the session when you're both in and it'll usually keep people out. I do that all the time with a friend of mine.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

chaosapiant posted:

I see a goon group is available, is it worth it to join LLJK if, again, I just want to gently caress around and am not interested in anything competitive? Does this game lean heavily on griefing?

Sure, go ahead and join up. I don't see as many goons on as I used to (but then again, I don't play as often as I used to, either), but I'm sure you'll find a few to chill with. Doesn't hurt to join the Discord channel, either.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

chaosapiant posted:

Based on the 2 posts I've seen you make in this thread I'm not sure this is the game for you. :shrug:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I don't imagine you'll ever make a ton of money just sandboxing solo, but it's nice just enjoying the gameworld without all the single player stuff hassling you and having access to everything that's been added to online. I enjoy just driving around doing the gang attacks. You can register as a CEO and once you buy the Buzzard you can easily do sightseer and the one where you transport the suitcase for easy money. I forget, can you do the car import/export in an invite only session or it has to be public? And if you're the only person around it just adds NPC's to shoot up your car here and there.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

If you use the game to launch a solo session it limits the ceo and biker stuff somewhat but you can still do i/e cars both source and sell. Not sure about bunker and air stuff

If you start in a public open lobby and then somehow go solo you can still do everything buy and sell for ceo ,bikers, bunkers,air, etc
Only limits there is some big sales need multiple vehicles, and if you sell an i/e car in a solo lobby you’ll see NPCs bugging you

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The NPCs it spawns for solo sell missions are like a hundred times worse than potentially being attacked by another player

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also how will you get a free two million from hackers in a solo session?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
On ps4, I can lower my mtu setting to 825 and get an empty public session. Friends can get in, but the session can be a little buggy. Also, having more players often seems to cause more randoms to join.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

HORMELCHILI posted:

The NPCs it spawns for solo sell missions are like a hundred times worse than potentially being attacked by another player

slight edit to above for I/E NPC's..

If there's nobody outside your org in the lobby, the NPCs will spawn. If you have 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 people in a lobby and all in the same org and selling cars, and nobody else, then youll see NPCs.
If the lobby is like 3 in an org and someone not(either in their own org, or just freeroaming), then there are no NPCs

When I want to source and sell cars on my own with low hassle, I try to end up in a lobby with like 3-4 other people. It keeps the npc's from spawning, and there's usually enough dead space along the routes to not have to worry, other than the usual lovely traffic

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
If you have more money than sense (or friends), the Cargobob can be a solid work around to any of the NPC hostiles in source/sell missions.

The downsides are that it's not very fun to fly, it's not terribly useful in freeroam since it's a Pegasus vehicle with all of the spawning issues inherent to that, and it takes literally forever to pay for itself in damages saved.

On the upside it let's you skip a lot of the bullshit with sourcing. When you're good enough with the winch you can scoop a lot of the moving vehicle missions (like the race or amateur thief) and hooking the car-bomb car disables the bomb which saves you two minutes of putzing around (hooking the stunt jump car disables the boost on it too). Since NPCs don't spawn until you break a certain radius from the garage/pickup point, you can spend a bit of time gaining altitude to bleed for speed on the way back.

Also, when you deliver a sourced vehicle with the Bob, it doesn't load you into the garage, you stay in it and can just fly back to the office pad. Your secretary can also spawn you into a new one for $200.

Truth be told though, just driving the cars and taking the pay cuts might be just as efficient in the end.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
You're going to lose at least a megalodon shark card in thrown-against-the-wall controllers learning to use the cargobob so factor that in too.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah, also if you're me you'll never really conquer zoning out and slamming the car into a construction crane or electrical pylon.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Or pressing the wrong button on your XBone controller to bring up the phone, only to release your car and watch it plummet helplessly into oblivion.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Shere posted:

Yeah, also if you're me you'll never really conquer zoning out and slamming the car into a construction crane or electrical pylon.

I lost a full crate delivery like this flying at night. loving hell that sucked. Didn't help that the pylon popped in and rendered after I hit the thing.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Shere posted:

If you have more money than sense (or friends), the Cargobob can be a solid work around to any of the NPC hostiles in source/sell missions.

The downsides are that it's not very fun to fly, it's not terribly useful in freeroam since it's a Pegasus vehicle with all of the spawning issues inherent to that, and it takes literally forever to pay for itself in damages saved.

On the upside it let's you skip a lot of the bullshit with sourcing. When you're good enough with the winch you can scoop a lot of the moving vehicle missions (like the race or amateur thief) and hooking the car-bomb car disables the bomb which saves you two minutes of putzing around (hooking the stunt jump car disables the boost on it too). Since NPCs don't spawn until you break a certain radius from the garage/pickup point, you can spend a bit of time gaining altitude to bleed for speed on the way back.

Also, when you deliver a sourced vehicle with the Bob, it doesn't load you into the garage, you stay in it and can just fly back to the office pad. Your secretary can also spawn you into a new one for $200.

Truth be told though, just driving the cars and taking the pay cuts might be just as efficient in the end.

I don't know if this is true for all the warehouses, but the La Mesa warehouse has an alley just around the corner that you can stash your vehicle in, and wait for the NPCs to come to you. And you don't need to go incredibly fast to get there before the NPCs are even close enough to shoot at you. Four waves of four (two cars with two passengers each), and you'll be left alone for the rest of the trip. Get into the vehicle and go forward or backward an inch to spawn the next wave. Do that, and unless you drive ridiculously slow, you should be able to make it to the drop-off point in time.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kuroyama posted:

I don't know if this is true for all the warehouses, but the La Mesa warehouse has an alley just around the corner that you can stash your vehicle in, and wait for the NPCs to come to you. And you don't need to go incredibly fast to get there before the NPCs are even close enough to shoot at you. Four waves of four (two cars with two passengers each), and you'll be left alone for the rest of the trip. Get into the vehicle and go forward or backward an inch to spawn the next wave. Do that, and unless you drive ridiculously slow, you should be able to make it to the drop-off point in time.

If I'm solo, I usually drive to the walled off lot next to that East LS police station. The cops sometimes kill off a couple waves of the attackers. You'll get a wanted level if you shoot one of the cops, though.

Well, now I just use a cargobob, which is truly easy mode for sales once you have some practice at it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Or pressing the wrong button on your XBone controller to bring up the phone, only to release your car and watch it plummet helplessly into oblivion.

Or when the glitch kicks in which randomly releases the car from the hook. Is that still a thing?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
So some hacker just randomly gave me about 8 billion dollars on the 360. I was planning on upgrading to PS4 soon anyway so I decided to have some fun with it and buy a bunch of poo poo. Is there any chance I'll get banned for this and if so would it carry over to any account I make on the PS4?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Or when the glitch kicks in which randomly releases the car from the hook. Is that still a thing?

Pretty sure Rockstar fixed that particular glitch

g0lbez posted:

So some hacker just randomly gave me about 8 billion dollars on the 360. I was planning on upgrading to PS4 soon anyway so I decided to have some fun with it and buy a bunch of poo poo. Is there any chance I'll get banned for this and if so would it carry over to any account I make on the PS4?

Rockstar also fixed this too; you haven't been able to transfer characters from previous gen for quite some time now

Sorry goonbro but that 8 billion funbux is stuck on your 360 forever :shrug:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

coupedeville posted:

Sorry goonbro but that 8 billion funbux is stuck on your 360 forever :shrug:

I was asking about if a ban on my 360 account because of these hacked funds would carry over to a PS4 account

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

g0lbez posted:

I was asking about if a ban on my 360 account because of these hacked funds would carry over to a PS4 account

Nothing carries over to a PS4 account because you can no longer migrate accounts.

You start from scratch on PS4.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Ok cool. I'm hoping there'll be enough cool new stuff to making the grind back to rank 100 easier

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I told myself I wouldn't spend a bunch of my money at once in case it sends up any red flags and a few hours later I have every outfit in the game, every specialty vehicle and a garage full of ten solid gold cars oops

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
RE: playing in a session by yourself on PC. You don't have to get session sweeper or anything, you can just Ctrl+shift+escape, go to the Performance tab, click Open Resource Monitor, go to the Network tab. On there you should see GTA5 and you can right-click to suspend the process for about 5 or 6 seconds and then unsuspend it. If you do that in a regular public session, it kicks you into a normal session that's only got you in it, and no one seems to join you if it stays just yourself. Friends can join you like normal, and you can do all the work types, because you're technically in a public session. If you get more than a couple friends in there it will eventually fill up, but you can always just do the same trick again. I just leave the resource monitor open in the back ground and alt-tab to it for a few seconds if I need to.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

g0lbez posted:

I was told that there are some glitchy things with over $2bil on your character. Like not being able to use Mors for insurance? Something weird like that
If you make it through the first week or so of whatever the new DLC is without catching a ban then you should be good on that character/account

I just learned that you can get up to 6 apartment/garages now. The last I noticed it was at 4, and I geuss when I've moved I just assumed I had to trade in old ones so i stayed at 4. One trick I found to make life a little easier is to buy multiple apartments in the same building. This way you don't have multiple places all over to maintain and try to remember what is where. At the time it looked like 3 was the most places in a single building(I went with Richards), but have since seen that Eclipse has 6 or 7 apartments so I might move there. When you drive up to the garage, it's similar to the CEO garage where it asks you which garage to park in. You can't switch from one to another without walking outside, but thats a minor inconvenience. It helps to clean up the list a bit when calling the mechanic, using the assistant, and other menus- instead of having to rememeber like 10 different street names, it's now just a couple names and the floor number, and that fits on my sticky note a lot better

VV Durr, missed that. $$ Let it ride $$

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 15, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I was told that there are some glitchy things with over $2bil on your character. Like not being able to use Mors for insurance? Something weird like that
If you make it through the first week or so of whatever the new DLC is without catching a ban then you should be good on that character/account

DLC doesn't come out for last gen anymore; they probably don't police hacking there much either, if at all

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Exactly, being on last gen is the only reason I'm not that worried. If this happened on current gen I would've reported it instantly and probably would've been too scared to spend it.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I've always wondered what life on last-gen GTA Online is like.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

I've always wondered what life on last-gen GTA Online is like.

It's probably like when I discovered GTA IV online where, miraculously, there were still players on PS3, but if you got more than six people in a game of Cops and Crooks, you were living large.

I think once, I went up in a room with five or six a side and it was the greatest thing ever. That game mode was my introduction to online gaming.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Pretty fun now that I'm a billionaire. Doing heists for free if any goons are still on last gen :grin:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Is there an Xbox group?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://gfycat.com/respectfuldiscreteamericanindianhorse.mp4

shuckbot

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's probably like when I discovered GTA IV online where, miraculously, there were still players on PS3, but if you got more than six people in a game of Cops and Crooks, you were living large.

I think once, I went up in a room with five or six a side and it was the greatest thing ever. That game mode was my introduction to online gaming.

There were so many good game modes that didn't get enough love even when the game was populated. By the time the DLCs came out, hardly anybody was playing the very excellent motorcycle games in the Lost DLC or racing in the Gay Tony DLC even though it had cooler cars with nitrous :/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rockstar's Facebook page says everybody gets $250k funbux just because.

I'm thinking of impolite names for my club if that's customizable but :lol: it won't be.

Hugh Malone posted:

There were so many good game modes that didn't get enough love even when the game was populated. By the time the DLCs came out, hardly anybody was playing the very excellent motorcycle games in the Lost DLC or racing in the Gay Tony DLC even though it had cooler cars with nitrous :/

I enjoyed free roam fuckery in GTA games so much that I'd never even looked into online play until I think a few months before GTA V/GTA Online came out. I think I did some of the races in Gay Tony because there were occasionally enough people to have a good race.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 17, 2018

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Live content to revive a dead thread:

My homage to Freddy Krueger. Too bad I couldn't find a red and green striped sweater.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60474/Coming-Soon-to-Los-Santos

Trailer (which shows nothing) for the Nightclub DLC

Rockstar posted:

The nightlife scene in Los Santos is getting a major upgrade. Thanks to the efforts of one well-known, well-connected and somewhat financially sound impresario the underground dance club scene is about to blow open in July.

World class talent have announced their upcoming residencies in Los Santos and fans will soon be packing out clubs and warehouses across town to lose themselves in sweaty, ecstatic bliss to hear new sets from Solomun, Tale Of Us, Dixon and The Black Madonna while dancing through the night and into the morning.

Nightclubs are the perfect cover for any other operation you might have going, so get in on the ground level as a business partner to open up a brand new establishment, and help the DJ’s make their shows the best ever. Run your nightclub business from setup, design, staffing and promotion; the more popular the club, the faster your secure wall safe will fill up. Management is honest work, a tidy way to keep income from your more seedy ventures with Disruption Logistics, The Open Road, SecuroServ and Free Trade Shipping Co. looking clean as fresh laundry.

Stay tuned for more details, including how to get on the Guest List and earn exclusive rewards...

E: Another post, they're on a roll.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60477/Get-On-the-Guest-List-for-Exclusive-Benefits

Rockstar posted:

Exclusive discounts on forthcoming vehicles like the powerful MTL Pounder Custom – a highly customizable asset for your lucrative business deliveries

Exclusive liveries on new vehicles like the Ocelot Swinger classic sports car

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 25, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok so I haven't played seriously in over a year and just started up again. Do I have to get insurance on my cars or something cause I apparently have some sweet ones, and I'm worried some other person will steal it if I drive it, and I won't get it back.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

50% off all properties right now.

Thin Privilege posted:

Ok so I haven't played seriously in over a year and just started up again. Do I have to get insurance on my cars or something cause I apparently have some sweet ones, and I'm worried some other person will steal it if I drive it, and I won't get it back.

If you have driven it into your garage once it should be insured, otherwise you need to visit LSC. Those bought from websites will have it automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
If it's a car you found on the street and drove into your garage then it's a personal vehicle with a tracker and can't be stolen. You'll need to take it to a mod shop and purchase full coverage if you want it replaced after destruction though. Easy way to check is hit down on the d-pad (or PC equivalent) while you're in your garage and the statlines that appear above the cars will tell you their insurance state.