Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Angry_Ed posted:

Mike Sanders being a possible NWA title contender might actually be more dire than "Nick Aldis, NWA Champion". What the hell did everyone see in Mike Sanders?

He was by far the best promo of the Natural Born Thrillers which meant that he got a lot of screen and feuds as WCW shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mike Sanders 2000 is a strong contender for most overpushed wrestler in history.

In the same year of Jeff Jarrett's 2000, even.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

He was by far the best promo of the Natural Born Thrillers which meant that he got a lot of screen and feuds as WCW shut down.

Best Promo of the Natural Born Thrillers is like being the best at getting your hand caught in a car door. I've seen enough 2000s WCW to know that even his promo ability was poo poo.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Mike Sanders 2000 is a strong contender for most overpushed wrestler in history.

In the same year of Jeff Jarrett's 2000, even.

Slapnuts vs SOL, which lovely catchphrase makes you want to stab out your own eardrums faster?

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 12, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Angry_Ed posted:

Best Promo of the Natural Born Thrillers is like being the best at getting your hand caught in a car door. I've seen enough 2000s WCW to know that even his promo ability was poo poo.

I dont disagree. The new talent that WCW featured for 2000 was pretty dire at that time and really out of the bunch, only Jindrak/Corleone ever really broke out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

I dont disagree. The new talent that WCW featured for 2000 was pretty dire at that time and really out of the bunch, only Jindrak/Corleone ever really broke out.

And he had to go to Mexico to do it. Although WWE certainly tried with O' Haire.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Hi hopefully i wont get into trouble for this but i'd like to hear your guys opinions about this podcast i i did.

I chatted with Finnish prowrestler Starbuck about the subject of "Heel" and what it really means. The original idea was to understand why so many MMA guys want to try to be a heel.

But we ended up chatting about prowrestling, and what makes a good heel nowadays. I think Buck has good points but he is pretty old school guy with old school opinions.

Give it a listen if you will.

https://soundcloud.com/amiuparinen/kuparisen-kulma-the-rebell-starbuck

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://twitter.com/WrestlingMediaC/status/1007344383690240000

Dave stoked to be there.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TheCool69 posted:

Hi hopefully i wont get into trouble for this but i'd like to hear your guys opinions about this podcast i i did.

I chatted with Finnish prowrestler Starbuck about the subject of "Heel" and what it really means. The original idea was to understand why so many MMA guys want to try to be a heel.

But we ended up chatting about prowrestling, and what makes a good heel nowadays. I think Buck has good points but he is pretty old school guy with old school opinions.

Give it a listen if you will.

https://soundcloud.com/amiuparinen/kuparisen-kulma-the-rebell-starbuck

Hell yeah I will! Was not expecting a StarBuck interview popping up here. He's a v. good wrestler and the reason this dumb thing even exists in Finland at this point. And yeah he's very oldschool and I disagree with his personal politics a lot but he does know how to be the bad guy (I do have to admit I cheered for him at the last event because the babyface sucks poo poo) and can switch it up when necessary, too.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Listened to the thing. I don't think there's anything too new or groundbreaking, but it was still a good listen and I did like how StarBuck said he realizes his personal politics are against the current mainstream (well... at least in the more urban areas of Finland) which makes him the heel by default, and he has no problem leaning on that fact to make his heeling more effective.

It's just too bad the main babyface currently positioned against him in FCF is not a particularly good wrestler nor does he have my sympy.

Also, he might be a bit too old school to see that the nature of the babyface/heel dynamic is changing and has in some part already changed. Okada vs Omega didn't really have a clear heel (Okada, purely by the virtue of people desperately wanting Omega to win), but the emotional stakes in that match were sky high - only because the stories they told leading up to and in that match were so excellently told. It can be done without the classic kind of the heel vs face dynamic... it's just much harder.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 15, 2018

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye cool mate

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Warning this is not a wrestling podcast and may not appeal to literally anyone. But after Venter finishes his 10 minute story about making a mixtape on a summer vacation this becomes a really entertaining discussion of outsider/bad music and road trips.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1008117138421362689

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the early days of SA were a wonderful time for outsider/bad music. I still remember Hekcorps, some dude named Cloaked Dagger on mp3.com, and Kerry Morris.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh no

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rock and roll santaaaaaa

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lol TNA is launching a podcast where they go through the company's history :thunk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meltzer please for the love of God don't defend a doctor screwing one of their patients :cripes:

The Berzerker posted:

lol TNA is launching a podcast where they go through the company's history :thunk:

Just the sound of shuffling papers, the odd cough, and every so often a quiet voice whispering,".....the hell?"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i can't believe impact bought out hulkamatt

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what the

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

congrats on the deej award

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer please for the love of God don't defend a doctor screwing one of their patients :cripes:

He doubled down on it today, too, saying it happens frequently. I don't know what about the situation doesn't seem to click in his mind.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sleepwalkers posted:

He doubled down on it today, too, saying it happens frequently. I don't know what about the situation doesn't seem to click in his mind.

Meltzer has been loving his doctor and I think his wife is cool about it because its a california thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Couldn't afford MRT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm really curious how TNA-paid(lol) media would frame the first few years of the company. Most the TV spots when they talked about it were kinda handwavey like "we had a bunch of cool stars come through and they paved the way for the current crop of talent" kind of stuff.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Couldn't afford MRT

MRT has standards

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dear lord Sempervievie is next level intolerable in WOL today.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1009155273217339393?s=19

:allears:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

VJeff posted:

i haven't checked WOL in a long time and figured i'd do so today. Mistakes were definitely.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Just the sound of shuffling papers, the odd cough, and every so often a quiet voice whispering,".....the hell?"

Meltzer is a weirdo on the same level of Lance Storm where he defends/believes conspiracy theories and odd opinions for no reason but is still loveable in the strange uncle way

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Meltzer is a weirdo on the same level of Lance Storm where he defends/believes conspiracy theories and odd opinions for no reason but is still loveable in the strange uncle way

It helps that neither guy says gross bigoted poo poo like some internet weirdos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

Dear lord Sempervievie is next level intolerable

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Warning this is not a wrestling podcast and may not appeal to literally anyone. But after Venter finishes his 10 minute story about making a mixtape on a summer vacation this becomes a really entertaining discussion of outsider/bad music and road trips.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1008117138421362689

I really liked this episode, it's always fun to hear people talk about some creative work they did in the past even if it's just a big in-joke between their friends.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

Sempervive complaining that it is often difficult to understand what point Bryan is trying to make was also some next level unintended irony.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Angry_Ed posted:

I really liked this episode, it's always fun to hear people talk about some creative work they did in the past even if it's just a big in-joke between their friends.

I'm just bummed the after-show audio we recorded sounded terrible with Hulkamatt's fan in the background as we went into the song he recorded for my Sonic 06 LP.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

semp really needs to stop drinking before wol because man hes fuckin unbearable

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

semp really needs to stop

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I sent Alvarez a text saying I don't listen anymore because of Sempervive. Dunno if it'll do anything but worth a shot.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This week on raw, the worked shoot ending of the Beaver Cleavage gimmick and the debut of the Lenny and Lodi homosexual in WCW gimmick which ended with an actual shoot (ended off screen without an explanation bewcause Ted Turner didn't like dem hoh moe sexh uallllls)

edit: looking it up the Turner incident does not occur until OCTOBER

Lid fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jun 20, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
One of Solomonster's clips on youtube is labeled 'When Amann Loves a Woman'. I really hope someone has made that drop.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

This week on raw, the worked shoot ending of the Beaver Cleavage gimmick and the debut of the Lenny and Lodi homosexual in WCW gimmick which ended with an actual shoot (ended off screen without an explanation bewcause Ted Turner didn't like dem hoh moe sexh uallllls)

edit: looking it up the Turner incident does not occur until OCTOBER

Pretty sure it was because Standards and Practices thought this horribly homophobic gimmick was homophobic and offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Ted Turner, noted conservative