Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

It being first person will likely go a long way towards feeling tighter. None of that awkward turning/changing of direction.

eh I'm on the fence about it being in first person. i liked the third person aspect of witcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The first person will be good better even

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

considering they keep taking the cool movement out of the cod games, im very down for futurey fps poo poo

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

spb posted:

eh I'm on the fence about it being in first person. i liked the third person aspect of witcher

I liked that it took them like a month to not make moving geralt around tight spaces an exercise in frustration.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

considering they keep taking the cool movement out of the cod games, im very down for futurey fps poo poo

check out deus ex human revolution if your favorite color is gold

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Did you see the stuff about them designing levels vertically and you can use arm blades to grab onto walls and hang on them?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

spb posted:

check out deus ex human revolution if your favorite color is gold

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

tao of lmao posted:

Oh, yeah that’s fair. Feel like scaling difficulty has issues as well, but probably less than just having chunks of content cut off till you level.

All you have to do is make the "higher level content" have better gear and skills so its hard as hell but if you really wanna do it you can. Like new vegas or dark souls where it isnt just oh you cant go here. Your not allowed juntil you get to some arbitrary level

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Bicyclops posted:

You can turn that off by putting on level scaling with one click in the settings

Not when I played it you couldnt

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Like the poo poo where you have a level 6 swordf and you kill a level 6t dude, and then you get a level 7 sword sweet more damage, but oh now this level 7 dude with more hp means theres actgually no differencde. its bullshit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

All you have to do is make the "higher level content" have better gear and skills so its hard as hell but if you really wanna do it you can. Like new vegas or dark souls where it isnt just oh you cant go here. Your not allowed juntil you get to some arbitrary level

Agreed. I hereby agree with all future statements by Ragg on this subject as well.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Actually dark souls and new vegas are kinda punishing with it as well but its not as arbitrary its more high damage resistancde. But i mena in cyberpunk which is meant to feel lethal there should always be the feeling that even some noob punk can take you out if you get careless. Like what happened with Wild Bill.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
If I point a gun at someone unless he has like, insane body armor, he shouldnt be able to laugh it off becase oh hes 10 levels higher so he has a lot of hp so my level 3 bullets dont work on him

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
level restrictions on gear as well, oh you cant use this fancy gun because uhh. And also in witcher 3 your supposed to be this legendary monster hunter and everfy time you do a monster quest geralt knows exactly whats up and has presumbaly fought this monster before but nope its 10 levels higher so actually it beats your rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

strongly agreed with ragg. people who are tough should be tough because they look like a badass. you should be able to tell just by looking at a character that theyre not some grunt and they can whoop your rear end, not because theyre 20 levels higher and have a skull in their name

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but Konami is making a new fugly track and field game for switch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ragg posted:

If I point a gun at someone unless he has like, insane body armor, he shouldnt be able to laugh it off becase oh hes 10 levels higher so he has a lot of hp so my level 3 bullets dont work on him

Numbers popping off when you hit has me worried about this though.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Sharkopath posted:

Numbers popping off when you hit has me worried about this though.

I mean, just about everfy game has damage numbers wheter theyre visible or not. But yeah I am worried. I think cdpr is afraid to let go of some of the shittier rpg elements

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I know it doesn't tickle the lizard brain like a bunch of +2 incremental number increase upgrades do, but i love in games when new gear is straight up like, here is a new type of weapon that does something new or different and changes how you were playing the game a bit.

Like new weapons in any old shooter, you know?

The most disheartening thing would be, every 10 minutes you are picking up a brand new rifle that does 3 more damage per shot and not, this rifle you took after a specific mission let's you see through walls cause its hooked into a network.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

I know it doesn't tickle the lizard brain like a bunch of +2 incremental number increase upgrades do, but i love in games when new gear is straight up like, here is a new type of weapon that does something new or different and changes how you were playing the game a bit.

Like new weapons in any old shooter, you know?

The most disheartening thing would be, every 10 minutes you are picking up a brand new rifle that does 3 more damage per shot and not, this rifle you took after a specific mission let's you see through walls cause its hooked into a network.

This is one reason why Bloodborne is cool

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8r1vc8/sekiro_shadows_die_twice_full_translated_famitsu/

Big Sekiro interview with Miyazaki translated here . No big reveals but some nice clarification on stuff -- he specifically compares the game world to Dark Souls 1's level of interconnecivity, and he says that even though it's more action and less RPG than the previous games there will be character progression systems. He also says that from a pure action perspective they're trying to make a game that is more difficult than previous titles (😛😛) but with more options to use creativity to overcome those challenges. Thus one of the core themes they're developing the game around is "Kill Wisely" -- giving the player the option to either confront obstacles head-on like a samurai or to creatively exploit weaknesses and the environment like a ninja.

I was already hype but hearing their goals makes me even more excited. This game is gonna be so good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope it has an easy mode :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

https://reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8r1vc8/sekiro_shadows_die_twice_full_translated_famitsu/

Big Sekiro interview with Miyazaki translated here . No big reveals but some nice clarification on stuff -- he specifically compares the game world to Dark Souls 1's level of interconnecivity, and he says that even though it's more action and less RPG than the previous games there will be character progression systems. He also says that from a pure action perspective they're trying to make a game that is more difficult than previous titles (😛😛) but with more options to use creativity to overcome those challenges. Thus one of the core themes they're developing the game around is "Kill Wisely" -- giving the player the option to either confront obstacles head-on like a samurai or to creatively exploit weaknesses and the environment like a ninja.

I was already hype but hearing their goals makes me even more excited. This game is gonna be so good.

they should get rid of the leveling system becasue thye're trash

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just realized for the first time that all the RPG stuff in souls games is bad

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[Conflicted] But the multiplayer is good. drat it all

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

they should get rid of the leveling system becasue thye're trash

It kinda sounds like they maybe did. I think it's co firmed it doesn't have the souls/bloodborne stat system

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
differentiating your character is cool, but leveling systems generally sort of suck. this sounds way better, and more like a metroidvania than an ARPG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What th hell is happening around here. Leveling up in souls games is awesome.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

its stupid and pointless

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it’s kind of the entire purpose of the soul currency system

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's fun sometimes, but i'd rather just find upgrades, rather than have to manage a bunch of arbitrary numbers that really amount to "right number of points in vit, end, and my damage stats"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Bloodborne it felt like it could have been pared down a lot and maybe just restricted to weapon upgrading or something, But then yeah you lose the entire risk/reward of hoarding echoes and having to make a run for them so idk.

edit; and it's cool when you're hitting the threshold to cast a new Sorcery that's been sitting in your inventory whatever because it feels like you're leveling up to learn new skills. but running back to drop 20k on another End point isn't that exciting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I like it but I'm also willing to try a new system

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don’t care what they do as long as a RPG lets you play a significantly different way a second time if you wanted.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

People acting like they always hated that guy ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Know what I hate? The entire penalty of dying and the single biggest motivation to playing well. Yes I am a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Souls would be better with I Wanna Be The Guy style respawning. - You idiots

• Locked thread