Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*turns off Switch in disgust and opens up PS4 web browser to r/NoFap home page*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The original arcade version of Donkey Kong is coming tomorrow, first time it's ever been released besides Donkey Kong 64

https://nintendoeverything.com/arcade-archives-donkey-kong-seeing-surprise-release-on-switch-tomorrow/

huh? It was released on the Wii VC

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

huh? It was released on the Wii VC

That was the NES version

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That was the NES version

ah good point, though they added in the missing level.

I wonder how the Switch will handle the bizarre Donkey Kong arcade aspect ratio

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

from what i saw on the stream there are like 5 different settings for the framing lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Very carefu-*starts sweating and clutching chest as FOXDIE virus triggers cardiac arrest*

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

extremebuff posted:

from what i saw on the stream there are like 5 different settings for the framing lol

lol nice, maybe even vertical play?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Very carefu-*starts sweating and clutching chest as FOXDIE virus triggers cardiac arrest*

haha

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

getting 3 hours into an jrpg and being forced to stop for an entire month is loving dumb

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plebian Parasite posted:

getting 3 hours into an jrpg and being forced to stop for an entire month is loving dumb

beat a different jrpg in the meantime

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

You must be practicing Tantric Posting since you responded two hours later

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ill admit it, maybe hes right. Im just a sick little pervert that loves having my cock teased by a game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

eh, i'm acting like a dork, I just play games pretty slowly and being limited by time and not content is frustrating since the game looks great.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

eh, i'm acting like a dork, I just play games pretty slowly and being limited by time and not content is frustrating since the game looks great.

We're all just joshing ya, Plebian *Makes hand gesture signalling sniper in nearby belltower to fire when ready*

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We're all just joshing ya, Plebian *Makes hand gesture signalling sniper in nearby belltower to fire when ready*

[gets signal and domes the freaks head off with a sniper rifle and quickly packs up my equipment and rappels down the side of the tower]

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Plebian Parasite posted:

tbf this is what i do with every rpg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The next Yoshi game – cleverly titled Yoshi for Nintendo Switch (Working Title) – was shown last year with a 2018 release window. Apparently, it is no longer coming this year.

The game's release date on the eShop switched from 2018 to 2019, and we reached out to Nintendo for confirmation, which it provided.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just realized this thread is over 2 years old and the guy that made it never posted here again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plutonis posted:

The next Yoshi game – cleverly titled Yoshi for Nintendo Switch (Working Title) – was shown last year with a 2018 release window. Apparently, it is no longer coming this year.

The game's release date on the eShop switched from 2018 to 2019, and we reached out to Nintendo for confirmation, which it provided.

when ninty puts a big delay on something its generally because it just wasnt good enough by a big head's standards and theyre reworking it. hopefully there will be a second great yoshi game next year

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Plutonis posted:

there's some ripoff game called Foshi's Story with the same font or some poo poo coming out soon

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

extremebuff posted:

i just realized this thread is over 2 years old and the guy that made it never posted here again

the wii u thread in games was in fact, really really bad

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nintendo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

is the Octopath demo available up until the release of the game? Kind of want to try it out but don't have a ton of time atm

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

is the Octopath demo available up until the release of the game? Kind of want to try it out but don't have a ton of time atm

just download it now?

you can tell your switch to download it right now even if you arent at it

https://e3.nintendo.com/games/octopath-traveler-switch/

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

After seeing that tank game in the mario party part of the direct I was wondering if there was like a sensor or something that made the two switches know where the other one was, but nope lol during the treehouse they swiped their finger across both switches to sync it up. Still cool tho.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

just download it now?

you can tell your switch to download it right now even if you arent at it

https://e3.nintendo.com/games/octopath-traveler-switch/

oh yeah, good idea, ty

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
in Octopath Traveler definitely go to the settings menu and turn off the "shadow" option. Game looks so much better

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

in Octopath Traveler definitely go to the settings menu and turn off the "shadow" option. Game looks so much better

i'll do what i want

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Raserys posted:

the wii u thread in games was in fact, really really bad

The several pages where Wulgus got that Deak guy to post pictures of himself is some of the finest content on these forums.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm playing as alfyn

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1007330934595579904

Not bad but...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in case anyone else is going hog wild on the eshop and wants another 10% off, paypal’s got a deal going
https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/nintendo10off.html

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The end of the octo expansion is unreal

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1007418919521378304

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/AllyUltimate/status/1006595694713622529

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Haha, LOOOL indeed.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

Haha, LOOOL indeed.

This

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Falco lulz are epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Falco lulz are epic

Possibly my favorite kind of lulz except maybe cringe lulz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
me witnessing an epic gaming moment: "loool"