Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The second half of this season has been a mess plot wise, but I can't deny I'm excited for the finale.

Martian Manhunter, Martian Dadhunter, Guardian, Supergirl, Alura, Alex, Mon-el, and what looks like a returning Legion all fighting together? Sign me up.

But man, it's like they keep rewriting the show from week to week or something. First it's Reign and the 2 other Worldkillers as the big bads. Then just a super charged Reign. Then it's the 3 evil Kryptonians plus Reign, who I think is still super charged, and now she has a sword. Why not just stick with Reign and the 2 Worldkillers and have one evil Kryptonian come from Argo City?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Kill the human."
"But I helped you!"
"We're the baddies, remember?"

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Bruceski posted:

"Kill the human."
"But I helped you!"
"We're the baddies, remember?"

Leopards? Eating MY face? Improbable!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"J'onn, when we bond you get to see the life I lived through your eyes!

...plus all the times I nailed your mom."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A Fancy Hat posted:

Martian Manhunter, Martian Dadhunter, Guardian, Supergirl, Alura, Alex, Mon-el, and what looks like a returning Legion all fighting together? Sign me up.

Yeah it's gonna be a fun last episode, that's a great teamup.

For some reason I thought this week's episode was the last of the season so you can imagine my :argh: when it ended the way it did.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So I get the ambitions here but ignoring that Superman even exists is hilarious, not even a one liner about him off planet.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Wynn is going to get so pissed at himself for that dude dying he’s gonna invent something he regrets. Computo, Braniac, OMAC, something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Koirhor posted:

So I get the ambitions here but ignoring that Superman even exists is hilarious, not even a one liner about him off planet.

This time around it's pretty simple, he's too busy keeping Metropolis from falling apart to help.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Wynn is going to get so pissed at himself for that dude dying he’s gonna invent something he regrets. Computo, Braniac, OMAC, something.

Man with the whole surveillance/digital privacy times we live in you could do a real loving good Brother Eye story. We know they like mining current events for parallels

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A review I read had a pretty good point about Alex still using a gun a week after J'onn declared that the DEO would stop.

Also maybe it is just me but this whole Kryptonian dark magic stuff sure is stupid. I haven't really enjoyed any of this Reign stuff the entire time and would really like it if the show could find itself moving away from the bad guys every season being evil Kryptonians/Daxamites.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

Amazo seems like its the right level for Supergirl.

I liked Wynn trying to confirm it was really Kara and Alex just cutting through the bullshit. Though HoloKara tricking the other evil Kyptonian was pretty cool, it reminded me a bit of Jor-El in the later scenes in Man of Steel.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

J33uk posted:

Man with the whole surveillance/digital privacy times we live in you could do a real loving good Brother Eye story. We know they like mining current events for parallels

Arrow already did a OMAC/Brother Eye story. Felicity helped create it with a group of hacktivists while in college. Her ex-boyfriend has used it for nefarious purposes to torment the team on more than one occasion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

A review I read had a pretty good point about Alex still using a gun a week after J'onn declared that the DEO would stop.

Alex knows that sometimes murder is the answer :clint:

I mean, she did try the non-lethal way first.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Klungar posted:

Arrow already did a OMAC/Brother Eye story. Felicity helped create it with a group of hacktivists while in college. Her ex-boyfriend has used it for nefarious purposes to torment the team on more than one occasion.

Oh I’ve seen all of Arrow. They should go further, full on evil AI

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Klungar posted:

Good thing Kara's on a different Earth then! :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

J33uk posted:

Oh I’ve seen all of Arrow. They should go further, full on evil AI

The early middle section of this year of Arrow gets really interesting if you just imagine that Cayden James is actually Harold Finch fresh off the end of Person of Interest.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The early middle section of this year of Arrow gets really interesting if you just imagine that Cayden James is actually Harold Finch fresh off the end of Person of Interest.

And the middle late section is a lot more interesting if you don't watch it!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think the next villain they should pull from Superman's Rogue's gallery is The Prankster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

I think the next villain they should pull from Superman's Rogue's gallery is The Prankster.

It’s just Diaz in a fat suit.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The nonlethal stuff was loving stupid imo, so I don't care if Alex wants to shoot some fools this episode. I mean, trying not to kill people is good and all, but the DEO has to be specifically the worst government agency to trial a program like that -- they deal with violent criminals just like the FBI, except the ones they have to apprehend can shoot laser beams and throw a car at them.

A Fancy Hat posted:

But man, it's like they keep rewriting the show from week to week or something. First it's Reign and the 2 other Worldkillers as the big bads. Then just a super charged Reign. Then it's the 3 evil Kryptonians plus Reign, who I think is still super charged, and now she has a sword. Why not just stick with Reign and the 2 Worldkillers and have one evil Kryptonian come from Argo City?

Anyone here ever watch 24? I keep getting 24 vibes from this show since they took down Reign. That show (and Supergirl) kinda suffer from having so many episodes. You'd spend twelve hours watching the terrorist attack unfold and get dealt with...and then you'd kinda stand around tapping your feet waiting for the next shoe to drop, because you knew they still had another twelve hours to fill somehow. And they have to incorporate the plot from the first half somehow, so you knew the victory over Reign or whatever was going to get pulled away... except that since we DID get a decent victory sequence, it just feels like they're struggling to draw out more reasons to keep the threat alive. "I threatened the city and we had a series of faceoffs and eventually Supergirl beat me" is a stronger villain plot than "I threatened the city and we had a series of faceoffs and eventually Supergirl beat me but a few episodes later I got broken out of jail by weirdos and then we had some more faceoffs and eventually Supergirl beat me again".

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 13, 2018

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Phenotype posted:

The nonlethal stuff was loving stupid imo, so I don't care if Alex wants to shoot some fools this episode. I mean, trying not to kill people is good and all, but the DEO has to be specifically the worst government agency to trial a program like that -- they deal with violent criminals just like the FBI, except the ones they have to apprehend can shoot laser beams and throw a car at them.

Seriously loving stupid. Three Kyrptonians fly into their base and they are using loving billy clubs on them. Alex's kyptonite weapons were pretty cool though, and definitely something every DEO agent should be carrying 24/7.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe the DEO shouldn't have gone with an contractor that was able to make its guns that was also able to make "civilian" versions of them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Maybe the DEO shouldn't have gone with an contractor that was able to make its guns that was also able to make "civilian" versions of them.

"It's all perfectly legal" = "we have very expensive lawyers that still cost less than we make by doing this"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

"It's all perfectly legal" = "we have very expensive lawyers that still cost less than we make by doing this"

The DEO is the worst secret government organization.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

J'onn, just use your mind control to convince him guns are bad. Or to at least stop making the civilian variant of the DEO super assault rifle.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Kara, here's a list of things you could've done to make sure the blood never got into their hands:

-literally just crush the vials in your hand
-throw them and shatter them on the ground
-swallow them(?) or at least drink the blood

Here's a list of things NOT to do

-loving throw the vials at them in order to look cool

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ApeHawk posted:

Kara, here's a list of things you could've done to make sure the blood never got into their hands:

-literally just crush the vials in your hand
-throw them and shatter them on the ground
-swallow them(?) or at least drink the blood

Here's a list of things NOT to do

-loving throw the vials at them in order to look cool

Indeed.

I am disappointed that they have turned Reign into basically whatever-the-gently caress they think the story needs. Now she's going to attack the Earth's core to cause Kryptoforming? That sure is how science works!
Also, "Reign's cells are getting bigger (their blue for reasons) while Sam's cells are getting smaller (hers are red, obviously). Must be some form of entanglement." Yep, that sure is some science.

They've been kind of weird with the introduction of Magic. So, there really are Gods and Demons and Ghosts? But only for Kryptonians and Martians? They should either go all in or just avoid it.
The drama between J'onn and his dad has been touching, probably the best story arc in the season.

I love how they basically re-wrote Mon-El completely. He's now competent, intelligent, thoughtful, and compassionate. They just did a "he was gone for seven years and got better" so they could bring him back and not have to worry about showing any of that. Very comic booky.
Mon-El had been on Argo for a few days or weeks or whatever, but jumped through the portal and was immediately able to punch a Superlady in the face.
Also, the Dark Kryptonians (protected by magic) had pretty much full power the moment they arrived on earth even though it was dark and they were underground.

I still like this show second best out of the official CW Arrowverse shows (Legends is first and Black Lightning is its own thing). I have embraced that, of all the shows, this one has gone the most fully Comic Book Logic of any of them. And its fine. It's ridiculous, but it's fine.

Edit: an instructional video on how they should have handled the magic blood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Indeed.

I am disappointed that they have turned Reign into basically whatever-the-gently caress they think the story needs. Now she's going to attack the Earth's core to cause Kryptoforming? That sure is how science works!
Also, "Reign's cells are getting bigger (their blue for reasons) while Sam's cells are getting smaller (hers are red, obviously). Must be some form of entanglement." Yep, that sure is some science.

They've been kind of weird with the introduction of Magic. So, there really are Gods and Demons and Ghosts? But only for Kryptonians and Martians? They should either go all in or just avoid it.
The drama between J'onn and his dad has been touching, probably the best story arc in the season.

I love how they basically re-wrote Mon-El completely. He's now competent, intelligent, thoughtful, and compassionate. They just did a "he was gone for seven years and got better" so they could bring him back and not have to worry about showing any of that. Very comic booky.
Mon-El had been on Argo for a few days or weeks or whatever, but jumped through the portal and was immediately able to punch a Superlady in the face.
Also, the Dark Kryptonians (protected by magic) had pretty much full power the moment they arrived on earth even though it was dark and they were underground.

I still like this show second best out of the official CW Arrowverse shows (Legends is first and Black Lightning is its own thing). I have embraced that, of all the shows, this one has gone the most fully Comic Book Logic of any of them. And its fine. It's ridiculous, but it's fine.

Edit: an instructional video on how they should have handled the magic blood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Sir this is a Big Belly Burger drive thru

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Chokes McGee posted:

Sir this is a Big Belly Burger drive thru

It's "ma'am" and I'd like a Baconator, hold the mayo. Frosty instead of a drink and baked potato instead of fries. No, not loaded. Just butter. Extra butter.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I was thinking the same thing about the witches stepping through and suddenly being powered up. In the same episode where they explicitly point out it’s the sunlight that juices them up for the whole sun lamp plot. Reign at this point I’m just writing off as being magic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

It's "ma'am" and I'd like a Baconator, hold the mayo. Frosty instead of a drink and baked potato instead of fries. No, not loaded. Just butter. Extra butter.

Ma’am that’s earth 5’s menu. Ma’am

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Huh, Brainiac-5 is going to be a regular next season
https://twitter.com/jesserath/status/1007689184365064192

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Noice, really enjoy Jesse Rath.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Huh, Brainiac-5 is going to be a regular next season
https://twitter.com/jesserath/status/1007689184365064192

He was one of the highlights of this year, so I’m glad he back. No word on Odette Annabel? :ohdear:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

No word on Odette Annabel? :ohdear:

Dude, I'm pretty sure she's gonna get killed in the season finale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

My guess is she lives, but moves to the family farm with Ruby.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nine-gear crow posted:

He was one of the highlights of this year, so I’m glad he back. No word on Odette Annabel? :ohdear:

Weren't he and Kara an item in the comics?

I do like Sam and Ruby and hope they make it through. I expected Ruby to be killed ages ago to push Sam into going full Reign so that was a pleasant surprise.

Saturn Girl actor is bad, though, like competing with Mehcad Brookes for blandest character.

Fake edit: they know both of Kara's Earth parents are still alive right? Kara told Krypton mom all about Alex, but left then out. Not even a name drop.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Weren't he and Kara an item in the comics?

I know in the JLU cartoon she went to the future and hooked up with him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its weird seeing Saturn Girl in the show as she's currently teamed up with Rorschach in Doomsday Clock.

I am down with Kara and Brainy hooking up in the show. Also more Brainy dunking on Wynn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

i think she either lives somehow and she + Ruby peace out or she dies and Alex adopts Ruby.