Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/266/5137/1?mobile=1

Chapter’s up

E: I think the series is going to be bringing in more international chefs now that Souma’s the big fish in a small pond and this chapter seems to reinforce that.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OHMYGOD, THE GOOFY GRINGO IS BEHIND IT ALL. :tviv:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wark Say posted:

OHMYGOD, THE GOOFY GRINGO IS BEHIND IT ALL. :tviv:

How terrible! How hidoi!

e:

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: I think the series is going to be bringing in more international chefs now that Souma’s the big fish in a small pond and this chapter seems to reinforce that.

If we follow the Yakitate pattern, next will be cooking idols.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It’s like those martial arts movies where the outsider defeats the head of the local dojo’s, except it’s food

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Are we sure the Weeb isn't just Eizan in disguise?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Do Japanese chefs often spark up inside their kitchen? Barbaric.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm getting flashbacks to another manga I used to read, Detective Neuro, that had (Seemingly) this exact plot except with murder instead of food duels. Same hot-springs hotel, same american tourist who seems nice but is secretly evil. I wonder if this is a reference to something or just a coincidence.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Crasical posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to another manga I used to read, Detective Neuro, that had (Seemingly) this exact plot except with murder instead of food duels. Same hot-springs hotel, same american tourist who seems nice but is secretly evil. I wonder if this is a reference to something or just a coincidence.

It's not a coincidence, but it's likely one of the various stock murder mystery plots that get rehashed in Japan

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Shokugeki no Soma Manga Thread: a gaijin did it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shokugeki no Soma thread: Yasu made the solfrito

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/267/5156/1

Chapter's up

Did the editor have a stroke or something? Because 90% of this arc feels like bullshit.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the good bullshit

KICK HIS rear end MEGUMI

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Patware posted:

the good bullshit

KICK HIS rear end MEGUMI

:same:

Also, the cost of that plate would be exorbitant and how the gently caress would traditional inns be able to afford it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I want to read the white guy's dialogue in the original Japanese :lol:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Speaking realistically there’s not that much of a difference, premise-wise, between this and Azami’s crazy “control all restaurants” thing but this is a lot more entertaining and I can’t tell why.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

this owns

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
This development is insane and I'm loving it so far.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hell yeah, dark chef arc and incoming Megumi fight.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

Speaking realistically there’s not that much of a difference, premise-wise, between this and Azami’s crazy “control all restaurants” thing but this is a lot more entertaining and I can’t tell why.

The villain is at least somewhat more interesting than Azami for one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Patware posted:

KICK HIS rear end MEGUMI

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Patware posted:

the good bullshit

KICK HIS rear end MEGUMI

Yeah I can get behind “Evil” mafia chefs making trouble

And I really hope Megumi fights him and wins. Please let this be an apology chapter for her losing in the last arc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yeah I can get behind “Evil” mafia chefs making trouble

And I really hope Megumi fights him and wins. Please let this be an apology chapter for her losing in the last arc

She'll win, but then he'll go "I was actually the weakest of the evil mafia chef brigade" and it'll be worse than if nothing had happened.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

DARK CHEFS

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Also because this guy is the definition of a weeaboo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

Because it’s not moody and relentlessly set against a backdrop of hopelessness and depression

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this is stupid as gently caress i want more

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
"Le Cuisinier Noir"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, the dark chefs have discovered the terrible power of informal bets!!!!!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
so is megumi into chicks now

Also I'm really curious as to how this guy's dialog works in Japanese. Something tells me if it's just peppered with katakana that it's nowhere near as amusing as the downright Kawaiikochans-esque dialog the MS release is providing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

so is megumi into chicks now

Also I'm really curious as to how this guy's dialog works in Japanese. Something tells me if it's just peppered with katakana that it's nowhere near as amusing as the downright Kawaiikochans-esque dialog the MS release is providing

It actually might be a parody of a photo, although I don’t really know the origin

E: basically Megumi is replacing some fat guy, if it comes up again I’ll post it this time

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Megumi, end this fucker.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I really want to know why there's a need for a secret category of chefs for jobs that apparently normal chefs won't do, as if they have troubles cooking food for mafia bosses.

Also holy poo poo Erina goes full Bismark in this chapter.

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.
Glorious Nippon

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

M O T T O G O O D E R

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So who's going to be one that gives into temptation and goes down the path of a DARK CHEF

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hayama. It'll be the Azami arc once again: he'll do it for Jun's sake, despite Jun explicitly telling him not to do it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
A bunch is super expensive food piled on a plate does not a tasty meal make.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Mikl posted:

Hayama. It'll be the Azami arc once again: he'll do it for Jun's sake, despite Jun explicitly telling him not to do it.

I'm totally on board with a running joke where Hayama betrays the group with every plotline for Jun's sake despite Jun explicitly telling him not to do it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The bishokukai have finally attained a chef's ultimate weapon the "shokugeki".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Mister Olympus posted:

Because it's more unashamedly insane. There was an attempt to make Azami's stuff seem serious, and the occasional reminder of Erina's abusive situation with him made it hard to just sit back and enjoy.

But this time we have EVIL CHEFS THAT COOK FOR CRIMINALS that have now found the power of turning cooking into the Pokemon equivalent of trainer battles. It's not even pretending to justify its insanity and it's hilarious :allears: