Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Psion posted:

OK someone check me on this but I'm buying from Baro and at no point in this entire new ui thing does it actually tell me how many ducats I have

you would think this information would be highly visible so either I'm blind or they hosed it. which is it?

Take a wild guess.
Guessing it is on a widget that is in Dev, but not pushed live, as this is just part of the UI change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Psion posted:

OK someone check me on this but I'm buying from Baro and at no point in this entire new ui thing does it actually tell me how many ducats I have

you would think this information would be highly visible so either I'm blind or they hosed it. which is it?

e: the ducat kiosk has it in the upper right, Baro does not

also going all in on iconography when, for example, every weapon barrel is an identical icon is questionable. requiring a hover over each item to find out how many Tigris barrels I have is uh...no?

Most UIs have it in the top right.

But not baros for what ever reason.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860232

Console thread, dodge spoilers and attempt to join guilds here. I need info about the guilds by the way.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rorac posted:

So, I'm not going to outright totally spoil anything, but two things about the quest.

First off, and I don't care how this makes me look, but I'll admit to crying a bit during the most recent one. Not to go all E/N but I have some heavy emotional baggage. This quest was kind of therapeutic in it's own way, and I feel a bit stronger personally for it. "We accept this memory, and move past it's reach." is such a goddamn powerful message for me and I think I needed it.

Also, as far as Ballas goes. When you've ruined as many lives as he has and caused as much pain and suffering, revenge and justice are indistinguishable.

DE best company.

It says so much about Ballas that at no point did he, or any of the Orokin, consider any options that weren't brute force mental manipulation or torture for controlling Frames. It simply never occurred to them to do anything but coerce them.

I love this dumb anime space ninja setting.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Yo, I'm just gonna drop in here and talk about a bit of ~lore~ the new quest added that I dug:

I liked that the explanation for the Sentients attacking the Orokin wasn't just "blah blah rouge AI attacks inferior meat bags" but implies that the Sentiants had actually settled in the Tau system and knew that if the Orokin came they'd gently caress it up like everything else.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

En Family Mook posted:

Yo, I'm just gonna drop in here and talk about a bit of ~lore~ the new quest added that I dug:

I liked that the explanation for the Sentients attacking the Orokin wasn't just "blah blah rouge AI attacks inferior meat bags" but implies that the Sentiants had actually settled in the Tau system and knew that if the Orokin came they'd gently caress it up like everything else.

Things get very hazy if you consider Ballas' alliance with the sentients. I also recommend reading the detron crewman synthesis imprint: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Detron_Crewman

I kinda feel like the entire thing was ballas feeling superior even to the orokin and wanting to get his own thing going.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I honestly love that despite honestly wanting to avenge Margulis's death, he has no loving idea why she got mad at him or why she said like he was just like the others. He seems surprised we stabbed him even after the Lotus told him it was gonna happen! It feels like the only reason he got as far as he did was that he was plotting against other Orokin like himself, because when anyone is remotely nice he's kind of blindsided.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
War With In was probably the worst quest ever.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The Sacrifice finally made me get back to playing this game after months away due to life and a million other games. It's actually really surprising and cool how quickly muscle memory kicked in and I just remembered exactly how to play despite the time gone.

Quest was amazing as everyone has already talked about at length and I love my new Umbra Dad. :kimchi:

And of course after being gone for so long the first daily login I get is a 50% Off coupon. drat you DE! :argh:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

hagie posted:

War With In was probably the worst quest ever.

Ah, I see you haven't done the Glast Gambit yet.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Now that we know what the warframes are, it answers and asks more questions. Mostly answered how Stalker was a dax at the massacre and than later a warframe to hunt the traitors to the end of time, but it also asks have we not already encountered Umbras before? like Chroma, who might of been mind controlled by a dead sentient, but more so Valkyr, who is now the other warframe with a distinct human howl. Did her operator die or just lose connection? and if they did die, that would mean Valkyr lost control and reverted to her basic instincts? Does that mean the other warframes have a chance to revert back, or a special case of all the experiments Alad V did on her?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Stevefin posted:

Now that we know what the warframes are, it answers and asks more questions. Mostly answered how Stalker was a dax at the massacre and than later a warframe to hunt the traitors to the end of time, but it also asks have we not already encountered Umbras before? like Chroma, who might of been mind controlled by a dead sentient, but more so Valkyr, who is now the other warframe with a distinct human howl. Did her operator die or just lose connection? and if they did die, that would mean Valkyr lost control and reverted to her basic instincts? Does that mean the other warframes have a chance to revert back, or a special case of all the experiments Alad V did on her?

Rhino Prime posted:

Red lights flashing on stark, white walls. Davis is running ahead of me, dropping his notes. We're running for our lives. The fear gives me a strange perspective - I'm out of my body. I've forgotten how I got here. I don't recognize this place.

Davis and I slam pinned against a cell door and he shouts at me. I give him a dumb look. I can't hear him, the sirens, anything, only the muffled throb of terror in my head. I turn away from Davis down the hall and I see it. The hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood. Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle-flashes. They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore.

I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free.

I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done. It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay.

I feel the pull on my arm and realize Davis got the cell open. He tugs me into the cell beyond and I fall on my back. I see Davis standing at the open door, waiting, as the monster tears towards us.

Suddenly I could live through this I shout, "Davis, close the goddamn door!" - But he shakes his head eyes wide as moons. He shouts, "Watch!" over the roaring and rending of metal.

Then silence. Davis is panting, laughing? The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence. It stands there, looking at its hands. Davis whispers, "No one would have believed me."

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?"

Davis turns to me, a smile forming - "What's going on is..." he turns back to the beast now silent and calm.
"...big, fat promotions."

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

Came back for The sacrifice and I wasn't let down.

What counts as endgame content these days as the raids have been removed?

Eidolon hunting? Elite Onslaught? Fashion frame?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Esdesu posted:

What counts as endgame content these days as the raids have been removed?

Eidolon hunting? Elite Onslaught? Fashion frame?

All of the above.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My two hot takes on The Sacrifice:

I was super bummed when Ballas got stabbed. I knew he wasn't dying right then and there but I wanted this guy to be an untouchable motherfucker who was super evil and always one step ahead of you and omnipresent like the best villains usually are. There's nothing saying he won't be (and perhaps us wounding him will only solidify his drive and he'll now be extra careful around us) but I was hoping this guy was going to be genuinely menacing and need to be very slowly and carefully outsmarted. Still, loving great.

Nothing really undermines the ending of this quest like having it do the "YOU FINISHED!!!" pose screen and having digi-mom pop up and tell you new quests are available.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok Chains of Harrow sucked too.

Basically if it ain’t space ninja poo poo, I have no interest. I mean I can’t upgrade my “operator” for more health/more energy/faster replenish so its like some weird Edge of Tomorrow scenario

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

'Acceptance' was definitely the objectively correct choice there, and I'll fight anybody who says otherwise.

Being able to move past and heal is important when when coping with space Loss

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So I just picked up this game, and I've almost unlocked the mercury junction. Should I go back to get the Gara frame blueprints? When should I expect to get the ability to start making other frames? The excalibur is cool, but his abilities seems counterproductive to having a bow, which as a weapon, owns pretty hard.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

berenzen posted:

So I just picked up this game, and I've almost unlocked the mercury junction. Should I go back to get the Gara frame blueprints? When should I expect to get the ability to start making other frames? The excalibur is cool, but his abilities seems counterproductive to having a bow, which as a weapon, owns pretty hard.

Gara is a huge grind. I wouldn't bother until later on.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hagie posted:

Ok Chains of Harrow sucked too.

I mean I can’t upgrade my “operator” for more health/more energy/faster replenish so its like some weird Edge of Tomorrow scenario

are you sure about that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also my predictions for tennocon from most to least likely:

1. next prime is shown off, as is tradition. most likely chroma
2. some sort of trailer/gameplay for venus open world zone is shown off
3. possible trailer or something for next main story quest
4. new umbra stuff shown off (i still really think umbras will be a new line of gear, why introduce a whole new polarity otherwise. give me an umbra for a non-boring frame, de.)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

My two hot takes on The Sacrifice:

I was super bummed when Ballas got stabbed. I knew he wasn't dying right then and there but I wanted this guy to be an untouchable motherfucker who was super evil and always one step ahead of you and omnipresent like the best villains usually are. There's nothing saying he won't be (and perhaps us wounding him will only solidify his drive and he'll now be extra careful around us) but I was hoping this guy was going to be genuinely menacing and need to be very slowly and carefully outsmarted. Still, loving great.

If you read/listen to Ordis' full backstory it might give you a new perspective on this.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

nerdz posted:

If you read/listen to Ordis' full backstory it might give you a new perspective on this.

Where is this located? Is it the fragments in the codex? Is there a place I can just read this (I assume the wiki would have it but I'm phone posting from bed)?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The concept of Oro comes in to play here. People really should read the lore for Ordis' backstory, it's pretty great. The relevant bit here though is this: the man that became Ordis slaughtered a bunch of Orokin, and IIRC this did not actually kill them. The bodies of all the dead Orokin were still there. So it's possible we could've straight up beheaded Ballas and he'd be fine, but also there's a chance that we're one of the few things that could naturally kill an Orokin. I could be wrong here but I recall reading that Oro is like some actual life essence and the Orokin have successfully sealed there's away in the void like some kind of lich's phylactery. Then again I'm mostly getting this from some lore video, the wiki mentions that only the Tenno are confirmed to have Oro and Teshin simply fears some enemy that has it, but hasn't said who that is.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I made a shrine to my new super cool Space Dad. :kimchi:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is there a way to make Excalibat Umbra look like the Rider from Furi?

Also, yeah i was wigging out at the end of second dream on goon chat. I can see what people were going on about at the end years ago

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Where is this located? Is it the fragments in the codex? Is there a place I can just read this (I assume the wiki would have it but I'm phone posting from bed)?

Whenever you complete a Cephalon fragment a picture will appear in the codex, if you mouseover it you'll hear some static. Play hot & cold with it until it reveals a little blinking light to click on, and Ordis will narrate some of this backstory.

tl;dr: Ordis used to be a mercenary who really, really liked killing people. He was good at it too. The Orokin elite wanted to elevate him to their status, but Ordis snapped and killed a bunch of them. They then sentenced him to become a cephalon, blindly obedient to his operator, you.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm fairly leery of every frame getting an umbra. It's a very cool concept, but having to split time and resources between two improved frames, prime and umbra, seems like a drag.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
They've said in the past that while every frame will get a Prime, but not every frame will get an Umbra.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

prime umbra

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Has anyone ever had a problem where your gun doesn't do any damage to enemies, seemingly at random? I can't tell if it's a connection problem or just what but I was all up in some enemy guts with my shotgun and it did absolutely nothing :(

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Today has been fun to see everyone commenting in chat about a hidden thing they added that triggers after the Sacrifice quest. It seems to have no exact prompt or timeframe, but you'll know when the event happens.

HEY KIDDO

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Capn Beeb posted:

Has anyone ever had a problem where your gun doesn't do any damage to enemies, seemingly at random? I can't tell if it's a connection problem or just what but I was all up in some enemy guts with my shotgun and it did absolutely nothing :(
Did it happen on any particular enemies, and were there damage numbers popping off as big fat zeros, or just nothing?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Today has been fun to see everyone commenting in chat about a hidden thing they added that triggers after the Sacrifice quest. It seems to have no exact prompt or timeframe, but you'll know when the event happens.

HEY KIDDO

Is this a seperate thing from what happens after you complete Harrow's quest?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Fish Noise posted:

Did it happen on any particular enemies, and were there damage numbers popping off as big fat zeros, or just nothing?

Happened with Grineer and some corrupted types that I don't remember the names of that were all white gold and shiny on a fancy ship with water fountains and such around. No damage numbers at all, either. Didn't even have a particle effect of stuff hitting them. I had to either switch weapons or melee them so they'd take damage again.

Edit:

Managed to do it again and pay attention, seems it triggers when I knock an enemy down and shoot them while they're getting up. Gotta switch weapons or use melee for them to take damage again. That's super loving weird.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 16, 2018

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I noticed some problems with hit detection in Hydron a few minutes ago, hopefully it's a temporary bug.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yeah that freaked me out. MY ORBITER IS HAUNTED

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Steelion posted:

Is this a seperate thing from what happens after you complete Harrow's quest?

Yeah, there's a new one.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I posted this in the main forums as well, but please for the love of god let me have "orokin tryhard" Ordis 's voice as a permanent thing.
My god is he better in every possible way.

It's literally this voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4&t=34s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Finally poking back into this. Applied to the Goon Syndicate. gently caress if i know what I am doing.

All I know is I finally got through Earth story wise and have some sweet looking Frames, a machine gun and a big old axe thanks to Twitch Prime. I know when compared to Excalibur and Frost Prime, Trinity Prime is probably the worst to solo but drat isn't it anime as hell and fun to watch.

I am just nosing through quests and did some poo poo at Cetus before quitting for the night.