Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
couch goon: honestly i dont think the kink club opened you up to the idea that people were kinkier to you. i think it made you realize you were willing to disrespect your wife and gently caress other people. you thought you could do better/be more fulfilled elsewhere and you went with it. it didnt work out, but to some degree its better that the relationship ended because you would probably have always been tempted by someone else. maybe now your ego has been brought down a notch or you have a more realistic idea of what you want in a relationship. you made a mistake, and thats ok but you treated someone who trusted you poorly and thats not ok. move on. i mean, now at this point you can set up your apartment to accommodate your weird sex, and maybe you can be a sex couch every night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

DandyLion posted:

Felt a little aunti-climactic to me....
Someone had to quote this

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Gonna be stuck in my head all loving day now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uk94_crZn0&t=25s

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

tactlessbastard posted:

I know he's bad at StarCraft

This is a deep cut and I wanted you to know someone appreciated it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

tactlessbastard posted:

I know he's bad at StarCraft
Beautiful

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I am a bartender and saw a guy once drug another girl’s drink and while he wasn’t looking I switched the drinks. I then watched the guy drug himself.

I was working a late night shift at a really exclusive club and there were a ton of people there and I saw this guy drug a really pretty girl’s drink so I had to take action. This has been on my chest for the last few months and it finally feels good to confess about it. Until now I have told no one and I just feel much better. I feel like I truly did the right thing and I acted on instincts.

I mean the absolute rightest thing would have been to take the drink away and call the cops but this way also resulted in someone not getting raped so it was still a pretty right thing yeah

quote:

So, my girlfriend got asked to be her friend's maid of honour a few months back. Here's the thing, she was, at best a casual acquaintance level of friend. But she said yes anyways, which caused her anxiety to go into overdrive. So I've been helping with a lot of the back end planning and poo poo.

That's not what this confesh is about.

I ab-so-loving-lutely despise the bride to be. She's an outright idiot. She is the kinda person who spams minion poo poo on FB, and also those cutesy logic problems that a two year old can figure out, but gets the answer wrong anyways. She also posts the most outrageous backwards social conservatism poo poo. She also votes conservative, and only does it because they are her team, despite the fact that she is poor as gently caress, and will be hosed by them.

The breaking point for me was the bachelorette party. I was the chaffeur for the ladies, because shockingly I am the only one with the driver's license. The entire car ride, she was doing poo poo like telling my girlfriend to quit her job, because I should be the sole provider and she needs to be in the kitchen waiting for me (Which uh, what the gently caress, my girlfriend and I both have careers we enjoy), and other poo poo like that.

I am at the point that I am seriously thinking that as soon as the wedding is done to sever. This is a mess, and I cannot associate anymore.

And yes, I fully understand I am coming off as a smug elitist prick here, go ahead and poo poo on me.

nah dude I'm with you on this one, don't make any waves until after the wedding but after that no need to associate with someone you hate this much

It's your girlfriend's friend and so your girlfriend's call ofc, talk to her about it and not us

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah my G/F has friends i really cant stand, she can hang out with those folks without me. The same thing applies towards some of my friends so :shrug:

y'all dont have to be conjoined to have a healthy positive relationship

bartender goon you need to call that poo poo out loudly. drugging folks unawares is one of the few times i would call the cops and yoink the drink in front of them both while explaining the situation to the lady.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 12, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bartender goon: What happened to the guy? Did he collapse face first onto the floor? Did he vomit everywhere?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's a good thing they were both drinking the same drink. It was also a good thing they didn't notice a bartender coming after their drinks while they were still drinking them.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bartender goon: What happened to the guy? Did he collapse face first onto the floor? Did he vomit everywhere?

I want to know this too! Damnit anon, why'd you leave us hanging like that?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Angelwolf posted:

I want to know this too! Damnit anon, why'd you leave us hanging like that?

Because it didn't happen.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
It's really not unreasonable that a guy would just order, "Two rum and cokes" or they'd be drinking the same beer. If the guy ducked out to the bathroom and the girl was staring at her phone or chatting to someone nearby, it wouldn't be that hard to just swap the drinks, circumstances depending.

Not saying what happened to the guy is the bigger tell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have never seen a bartender touch someone's drink after it was served with out being asked unless they were cutting someone off.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Also swapping the drinks instead of grabbing the guy and replacing the drink for the girl means he can try it again at another bar. Hopefully not, but...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hot take: confessor is actually an rear end in a top hat for not reporting it to the police :shrug:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

maybe not an rear end in a top hat but clearly didn't think it through, even though it makes for a funny story on the surface level

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah it struck me as an instinctive panic move

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

I have never seen a bartender touch someone's drink after it was served with out being asked unless they were cutting someone off.

I have, but to be fair I worked with an alcoholic that should have been cut off long before some of our patrons.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
yeah in a perfect world he should have.called the cops but let's not pretend like they would have done a goddamn thing

also do you loving drunks really think you're so vigilant that no bartender ever could put one over on you? give me a break. besides, the absolute worst most boring post you can make in this thread is that kind of encyclopedia brown 'this couldn't have happened!' garbage

edit: that came out really harsh, I love y'all

Son of Man fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 14, 2018

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Not that it matters, but where I live bartenders regularly pick up beers to see if they're empty and if a drink is unattended they'll move to dump it and reclaim the glass unless someone stops them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just put a napkin/coaster over your drink and walk away. Bartenders won't touch it because that signals that you're going to the bathroom or out to smoke. Sometimes I feel like I know too much about bars, but then I think of all the fun times I have in bars and think naaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just put a napkin/coaster over your drink and walk away. Bartenders won't touch it because that signals that you're going to the bathroom or out to smoke. Sometimes I feel like I know too much about bars, but then I think of all the fun times I have in bars and think naaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

This would not work in the bars I hang out in in Southeast Asia.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bar etiquette is way more useful than knowing which goddamn fork to use for the seventh course of a meal. :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

This would not work in the bars I hang out in in Southeast Asia.

I've never been to Southeast Asian bars. Probably because I've never been to Southeast Asia. One of my new goals is to visit lovely dive bars all over the world.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I was in a bar in Tokyo once where people would signal they were returning by placing their wallet (!!) on the bar stool.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've never been to Southeast Asian bars. Probably because I've never been to Southeast Asia. One of my new goals is to visit lovely dive bars all over the world.

Well I'll be here.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
in a lot of bars in the us if you finish your drink and turn the empty glass upside down it means you want another round. I heard in Australia it means you are confident you can kick anyone's rear end at the bar. can aussie goons confirm?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Son of Man posted:

I heard in Australia it means you are confident you can kick anyone's rear end at the bar. can aussie goons confirm?

you don't even need to do that in Australia, that's just the default state of Australians

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Well if I ever find myself in a really exclusive bar with really pretty girls then I'll drink easy in the knowledge that the bartender will be getting up to wacky hijinx with date rapists rather than alerting the girl and/or security

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

This one is petty as hell but I can't share it with anyone so I'm putting it here.

Recently some shithead buzzed me in his car while I was riding my bike to work, and then when I gave him the finger tried to run me off the road. I stopped and got off hoping I could teach the fat bastard a lesson and he'd stop too but he sped off like a coward.

Later that day I got his plate off my gopro and then printed a replica of it on the sign printer the next day work. I found an identical make/model to his car on Turro, rented it, mounted his plate and then spent all Sunday morning driving through red lights with cameras and expensive toll plazas. I must have racked up $2000+ in fines. The best part is they're civil fines here and you have almost no way to appeal them. He will have to pay in full or else they'll sieze his car and ban him from ever driving on toll roads again.

I find it hard to believe GoPros are good enough to pull this caper off but I admit this was in fact some primo petty revenge

quote:

My confession is relatively simple: I'm a lurker. I've lurked since about 2002. I'd been reading the front page longer but anyways, I made an account, but never really used it because the mods were a bit crazy + I realized it was easy dox me since I made it back when we put our AIM names on everything.

Anyways, aside from a few informational posts over the year (PC load letter? what the gently caress does that mean?) I've lurked GBS and a few other forums.

I watch all the drama, and I take notes. "Goons .xls hurr" someone is probably exclaiming but no, more like goons.txt. If someone posts info about themselves - a city they live in, a photo, a college, a profession, a unique experience - I throw it in the text file. It's probably weird but it's harmless... I don't share it or use it in any way. I just like knowing things

Anyways, one poster has fascinated me for a while. IMHO he's a troll, but a subtle one. They're been posting for a long time, at first in earnest. They've met other goons IRL (or have multiple goons willing to have claim to met them). (Warning: some details intentionally vague or slightly altered to

The thing is... when I dig on them, I hit a brick wall. Nothing.

For example, often, LinkedIn is what gets me people. The combination of city lived in + college + grad school or former employer is usually enough to uniquely ID someone, especially if you can get a first name.

Anyways, so I tried this with a poster who is really good at *seeming* like they give away a lot of personal info, but when you start working with it you get nowhere and found something VERY weird.

The combination of first name + schooling + city lived in revealed nothing. Odd but sometimes people don't have LinkedIn.

I was able to trace a handle they used on another service to a profile with a name. I emailed that person on a lark.

Here's where things get REALLY hosed up: on a lark I sent them an email. After a little back and forth, they tell me that they have an obsessive ex - well, ex is a strong word. But an obsessive nice guy who they had issues with them not wanting to be more than friends despite, you know, basic issues of comparability and the nice guy's inability to understand boundaries or that consent to a relationship requires two people.

So anyways, it looks like this poster, who isn't a troll per se but definitely a personality, has spent years littering their posts with fake details of another person, a person they. I'm not sure if they wanted someone who's more malicious to track the poor person down and grief them, but it seems like a distinct possibility.

Anyways, that's my confession. I can't really do anything about this, since it'd probably be considered doxing, but it's incredibly hilarious that someone is basically LARPing their decade plus old mentally unstable ex friend on these dead gay forums.

I thought this was about Pick and almost didn't post it for that reason before I realized Pick's possibly-apocryphal ex does not fit this description

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If someone told me the first one i'd just say "no you didn't" at the end of it, so that is what I say to it now. You did not do this. You acted like a dickhead bicyclist who thinks traffic law does not apply to them and got flipped off rightfully by a driver and you fantasized this scenario later.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

quote:

lurker goon
G0RF is that you?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
1. STDH.txt

2. Reminds me of a previous confessor who talked about making multiple accounts and arguing with himself on different forums. They also talked about getting people banned and trolling different people using fake accounts and getting people to self incriminate but I might be getting different ones mixed up now.

I'm not sure what's worse - making fake accounts or keeping notes on other goons and trying to find people IRL.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I don't post a lot, but whenever someone talks about a goon list they keep I wonder if I make the cut.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

fake goon is obviously Uwe Boll posting as Lowtax

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I don’t like to call confessors out for fakes but come on. Reading the front page for 16+ years? Make it at least a little bit believable, jeez.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Whenever I see someone mention the front page, I always think they are talking about GBS.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Waltzing Along posted:

Whenever I see someone mention the front page, I always think they are talking about GBS.

i prefer dreamweaver

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My mother-in-law is a total MILF. She’s in her 60’s and looks like Kim Basinger and Heather Locklear had a child that aged better than either of them. Part of the problem is that my husband looks a lot like her (very beautiful/handsome face), and she’s just super hot. I went swimming with husband’s family once, and had to get out of the hot tub to jump in the pool because I couldn’t stop staring at her cleavage. I feel guilty sometimes since she’s a super sweet lady and treats me like her own daughter, but I would never even dream of doing anything slightly scandalous with her (plus it’s kinda creepy to be thinking about my husband’s mom like that). Just had to get this off my chest since I can’t really tell anybody I know IRL.

Yeah this is a take-it-to-the-grave scenario

Following fesh is quite long but I'd recommend it, it's a good read

quote:

TLDR; My sophomore year college roommate Adam was on the autism spectrum, was convinced that sex between unmarried people was literally a felony crime, and that his duty was to enforce this "law". It led to multiple police calls, minor property damage, stalking, his nonconsensual encounter with a prostitute and, ultimately, me getting to have legal married sex.

Thanks to my parents, when I went to college I lived in a two-bedroom apartment that they owned. As a favor to a friend, and because a 2BR was more space than I needed, during my second year I sublet to Adam, who had had unspecified minor residency troubles last year in the dorms and needed a different place to stay. Talking to him, I quickly realized and then confirmed with my friend that this guy was some kind of autist. But he seemed mostly functional and hell, at the time I figured any life experience would ultimately be affirmative. So with my parent's blessing I offered him a sublet. His parents were funding his education and were legacy donors to the college or something, which is how he was able to enroll with accommodations and pay his rent.
Things went normally for a month until one afternoon I brought over my classmate Lina for a mini-hackathon for this stupidly math heavy geochemistry modeling course (did you know silicon dioxide- quartz sand- is technically an acid under the Lux-Flood theory when it acts as an oxide species acceptor? Yeah me neither.) Lina and I were classmates, we were not "together" in the slightest. Adam freaked out and insisted that we had to stay in the living room to work, which would have been difficult with just a couch, TV and Wii. I took him aside and asked what the hell his problem was. He told me that it is illegal for two unmarried people to have sex and he intended, as a citizen, to uphold the law by keeping us in sight at all times. Well my computer, desk and books were all in my bedroom and that was where Lina and I intended to work, but to shut him up I agreed to leave the door open.
December, and finals, came around and together Lina and I manage to ace both the final exam and our group presentation. To celebrate this achievement we decided to go to the end-of-term mixer at the student union, started dancing which turned into flirting which became her sitting on my lap on a park bench picking out constellations, and at the end of the night we decided to sleep over at my place.
When we got home Adam was playing Super Smash Bros in the living room. When Lina and I headed back to my room he whines, "Door has to be open you have to keep it open" like usual, and I was like, "not tonight, dude, just chill out" and locked my door.
Half an hour later Lina and I were talking about what we wanted out of a relationship when I heard Adam unlock the apartment door, then someone with a loud voice hammered on my bedroom door and demanded I open up. Yup, Adam called the city police to report a rape in progress and let them into my apartment. The cop tried talking to Lina in the hall, and Adam kept trying to interrupt with his shrill singsong of "Technically She Can't Consent Because They Are Not Married And Therefore That's Just Like Rape So That's Why I Called It In I'm Ordering You To Arrest Them Officer" and then the officer told him to shut the gently caress up and never waste his time with this again. Adam just shut down and started kind of autistically hiccup giggling, so the cop left, and Lina still had her perfectly good dorm room until moveout weekend so her and I walked back to campus and left Adam to deal with his baggage.
Lina and I actually didn't even intend to have sex on the first date, just snuggle and get to personally know each other a bit more. We fell asleep fully clothed next to each other in her bed (I checked in properly at the security desk, since I was a student and all) and we were woken up… at 1am… to a campus cop and a dorm RA unlocking her door and turning on the lights. They took my student ID and split us up to talk, then explained regretfully that someone had called the campus police and told them that he had seen a "stranger" who looked exactly like me follow Lina Lastname back to campus and that he was worried that she was being stalked by a rapist. I said, "That was my roommate. He has mental issues," and they apologized one last time before the campus cop told me that I should reconsider living with someone that unstable.
I went back to my apartment and found my bedroom door (which I had locked before leaving) broken down. Adam told me it was his duty to break in to look for "evidence" of a "felony" and to find Lina's last name and dorm address from my address book in my desk, which he needed to call the campus police after the real police officer told him to gently caress off earlier. Beside myself at this point I angrily told him that I would call my parents, the property owners, and have him evicted for causing damage exceeding his security deposit as well as for being retarded and incapable of living with normal society. They sent him a formal thirty-day notice, and for the next month Lina and I decided just to stay away from my place when meeting up.
Fast forward to spring break. Adam was out of my life although I still saw him on campus every now and then. Since he was no longer my problem and not fought the eviction, I decided to forgive him and even gave him his deposit back instead of keeping it to fix the door he destroyed. Lina and I were still living separately, but we decided to visit her mother and brother in the next state over.
Lina's mother picked us up at the train station and we drove to her house, explaining that Lina's older brother, Dave, was a police sergeant and he'd be home later. To make a long story short, when he was driving home that night he noticed an unfamiliar man in dark clothing loitering in front of the house, got suspicious, called for backup, chased the suspect down his driveway and pinned him. Yup, it was Adam, who was trying to record inside the house with his phone to probably try and catch Lina and I having nonmarital sex. When he started screaming, Lina and I heard the commotion, went outside and found him in handcuffs being arrested by her brother. The crazy bastard had seen our spring break plan on Facebook or something, followed us on the train, looked up her mother's address in the phone book, and was staking out the house when her brother spotted him.
Lina explained to Dave that he was a harmless acquaintance from college (while I facepalmed and unsuccessfully tried to calm Adam down) and that he was sort of mentally ill. Being handcuffed in a police car seriously triggered Adam and he wasn't even able to do his usual vigilante lawyer illegal sex speech, he was just *autistic screeching*. Dave said that even if we knew Adam and weren't scared of him, the fact that he was technically stalking us and had shown up outside the home of a police officer and was acting so uncontrollably that he was incoherent meant that they had to hold him in custody until things worked out. Spoiler: things didn't work out.
We didn't hear the rest of the story from Dave until the next day, and then more details the next week. At the station they were worried that Adam was suicidal as he was effectively nonverbal, so they forced him into a hospital safety gown instead of shirt, pants, belt etc. Then they put him in a cell for the night with a suspected prostitute who wasn't wearing much more than underwear, maybe figuring that she'd be safer with the scrawny whining retard than with other rougher inmates. To hear Dave tell it, Adam spent the night cowering in a corner of his cell terrified that she was going to lure him into seamy illegal unmarried sex, and keeping his hands over his inadequately hospital gowned crotch trying to hide/deactivate his blisteringly obvious boners.
According to Dave, when they asked the suspected working girl about it the next day, she said she had tried to talk normally to him to pass the time but then started verbally sexually teasing Adam because she was really bored waiting for her public defender, and that at least he was a better cellmate than the usual drunk guys that tried to grope her in jail.
Fortunately I was able to give Dave contact information for Adam's parents and the next morning they were able to bail him out via a local attorney. At that point Lina and I never heard about Adam again, and figured that his parents had pulled him out of college and hopefully realized he was too autistic to survive on his own. We dated until graduation and proposed to each other on graduation day and are coming up on our sixth anniversary. Yes we still joke about being able to have sex legally now thanks to being married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Following fesh is quite long but I'd recommend it, it's a good read

I enjoyed this immensely. Thanks, anon goon.