Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grittybeard posted:

If that actually happens the Raiders just burned a third round pick on nothing right? Isn't this Bryant's last year of his rookie deal?

e: Or would he not get a year of service time if he's suspended the whole year and they'd still have him next year? Assuming if he gets suspended he would then not gently caress up and get reinstated and all.

Suspended years do not count. Look at the Josh Gordon situation.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

100. Million. Dollars.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Patriots have locked down their fullback and longsnapper for 2 and 4 years respectively, so that puts a bow on the AFC East for the next few years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao, jesus christ Raiders

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I would imagine Bryant gets indefinitely suspended, at least for a year until he goes to rehab and passes a full half year of continued drug testing

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm going to assume that all the rings had FOLES 9 MVP inscribed on them, and hell, I'm all for it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DariusLikewise posted:

I would imagine Bryant gets indefinitely suspended, at least for a year until he goes to rehab and passes a full half year of continued drug testing

If true, he's at the Josh Gordon indefinitely suspended stage. He already served the full season suspension

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

As a Steeler fan I always liked him and I'm sad it's apparently not working out. Tomlin and Gruden are friends and coached together. I'd like to believe sending Bryant to the Raiders was more than coincidence and was Tomlin and the Steelers trying to put a player they liked in a good position to succeed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

burn for your sins, Oakland Raiders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kellen allegedly kidnapped and raped a 54-year-old woman in March.

He allegedly kidnapped and sodomized a 59-year-old woman in May.

And, earlier this month, he allegedly committed burglary with the intent to rape a 71-year-old woman and an 86-year-old woman.

... well, that's not what I was expecting.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

well he's got a type

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

there's...a lot going on there

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:hmmyes:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

And, earlier this month, he allegedly committed burglary with the intent to rape a 71-year-old woman and an 86-year-old woman.

:wtc:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
David Irving suspended again]

e: 4 games

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 15, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
So the Chiefs good starting center is still rehabbing a foot injury, they let their decent backup center walk in FA to the Texans, so right now the starting center is Cam Irving. Who was probably the worst center ever as a Brown, has said in interviews he is too dumb to play center and prefers playing tackle, and has fumbled the snap multiple times during minicamp...this is not ideal..

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

So the Chiefs good starting center is still rehabbing a foot injury, they let their decent backup center walk in FA to the Texans, so right now the starting center is Cam Irving. Who was probably the worst center ever as a Brown, has said in interviews he is too dumb to play center and prefers playing tackle, and has fumbled the snap multiple times during minicamp...this is not ideal..
Sounds perfect when you have a QB with one start under his belt! I'm sure this will not have any adverse affect on his development!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s all good, Mahomes gonna just pick up fumbled snaps roll out to one side and bomb it downfield to Sammy or Tyreek for 6

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

C 61 Morse, Mitch 15/2 65 DEVEY, JORDAN W/SF 67 Murray, James CF18 73 Koroma, Tejan CF18

They aren't going to let Cam Irving play center it's just mini camp

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

TheChirurgeon posted:

David Irving suspended again]

e: 4 games

Raiders fans, please tell us about Jihad Ward.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s all good, Mahomes gonna just pick up fumbled snaps roll out to one side and bomb it downfield to Hayward or Verrett for 6

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
How in the world does Jordan Devey have a contract in tyool 2018

On an otherworldly bad 49ers offensive line a couple seasons ago, he stood out as the worst by miles

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kalli posted:

holy fuckin hell

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

a neat cape posted:

[quote="a neat cape" post="485113021"]

I’m excited for our games this upcoming season friendo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

Huh, well...um...hmm

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m excited for our games this upcoming season friendo

Same

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sharknado slashfic posted:

Huh, well...um...hmm

Yeah, my only thoughts are like uh... can't wait for that post-mortem CTE test.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The most pessimistic people in KC, and there are a lot of them, keep trying to find reasons to slow the hype train on Mahomes. So far all we got is "his passes can sail on him if he throws too hard".

Sorry about the last 8 games and the next 8 games. But hey it's another year of the media picking the Chargers to win the AFCW which is basically a holiday at this point.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s all good, Mahomes gonna just pick up fumbled snaps roll out to one side and bomb it downfield to Sammy or Tyreek for 6

:hai:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

The most pessimistic people in KC, and there are a lot of them, keep trying to find reasons to slow the hype train on Mahomes. So far all we got is "his passes can sail on him if he throws too hard".

Sorry about the last 8 games and the next 8 games. But hey it's another year of the media picking the Chargers to win the AFCW which is basically a holiday at this point.

It's still his rookie season and he's going to make mistakes, maybe a lot of mistakes. At this point he's a great dude to hang a franchise on and has a lot of promise but overall it's a good idea to temper expectations for his first season.

Whatever happens, Chiefs games are going to be must-watch football and I expect a lot of scoring on both sides.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

It's hard to slow the hype train when literally the only tape on him is one meaningless week 17 game against a Denver team that had given up. But hey I'm sure he looks great in shorts and this will finally be the big 12 quarterback that won't be a giant disappointment.

I hope you've enjoyed all the playoff success (lol) you e had during your time at the top of the division the last few years, but the Chargers are now clearly the best team in the division and have finally put a team around Rivers for one more window. I'm sure you'll finally find a quarterback once you're drafting in the top ten again in a few years once Mahomes flames out

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or Mahomes tears his ACL early on and we get to watch the Chargers or Broncos lose to an AFC South Wildcard in the playoffs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AFC West brain

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Chargers are a scary team on paper with one of the best defenses you can put together in a salary capped league but I am secretly hoping that age catches up to Rivers. His arm strength has regressed a bit already

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/1007734138898657281?s=19

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Chargers are a scary team on paper with one of the best defenses you can put together in a salary capped league but I am secretly hoping that age catches up to Rivers. His arm strength has regressed a bit already

They're very good on paper but I already have that sinking feeling in my gut that it's going to be one of those years where the entire roster but Rivers is injured by week 13. Who knows though, there's a ton of poo poo that's up in the air about the West teams this season.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
It's fine if Mahomes isn't a top 5 AFCW qb, KC has a pretty good squad they can put around him and Reid is great as usual

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The two players that gave the Chargers fits were Alex Smith and Marcus Peters.

Forgive me if I'm not shaking in my boots now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

It's fine if Mahomes isn't a top 5 AFCW qb, KC has a pretty good squad they can put around him and Reid is great as usual

Honestly I think it would be a pretty massive problem if he isn't a top 5 AFCW QB

• Locked thread