Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hadn’t seen the news, that’s on me :downs:

You guys think we see Sheffield in the bullpen or something down the stretch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

You guys think we see Sheffield in the bullpen or something down the stretch?

I feel the same way about this as Mike Axisa has said on RAB in a couple of mailbag/livechats: Hopefully not.

The bullpen should be good enough without Sheffield to hold down opponents, and I think it's better that he keep starting all season. Maybe in September depending on what's going on with the AAA standings but otherwise no.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Despite being so good this team can be so loving frustrating. Leaving the bases loaded again for what seems like the 90th time this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is a pretty bad lineup they put out today. I just DESPISE Hicks hitting leadoff and Walker as a righty hitter.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Snell being good makes me hope he becomes available. Drury and Adams plus some young arms I think would get it done.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/ktsharp/status/1007411384467050499?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Nice AB there Stanton. About on par with his defense.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Nice solo shot by Hicks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Stanton just swung at a pitch that bounced 3 feet in front of the plate for about the 4th time tonight.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Stanton is swinging at everything right now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is Gleyber Torres a top 10 player in baseball already?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I would like to marry Gleyber Torres. What an unbelievable player.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Huge at bat from Torres

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Torres is probably a future MVP. What. A. Player.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sanchez, not content to embarrass himself at the plate, is having quite an inning on D... What the hell is up with this guy?

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
It's my fault. I picked him high in fantasy.

But this really makes no sense unless he's injured or has had like conjunctivitis all year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He still throws good.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I just don't see him catching for his entire career. Not sure why they didn't consider him at first with Bird out and Romine turning into Piazza but better last month.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Monkey Wrangler posted:

I just don't see him catching for his entire career. Not sure why they didn't consider him at first with Bird out and Romine turning into Piazza but better last month.

All good hitting catchers who aren't Pudge Rodriguez move off catcher but usually in their mid 30s.... Sanchez is 25.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was wondering when the “Sanchez should go to first” chat would start. Sometimes a bad year is a bad year. Sanchez still deserves to start, unless you think the first 200 games of his career are a fluke

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

I was wondering when the “Sanchez should go to first” chat would start. Sometimes a bad year is a bad year. Sanchez still deserves to start, unless you think the first 200 games of his career are a fluke

I don't think there is really any talk about him going to first. The value of him as a player is providing his offense from catcher. He's not a valuable player as a 1B. He just needs to get his poo poo together.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Sanchez will do 19-34 with six homers over a ten game stretch and all this will be forgotten. Hopefully it's in the playoffs

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Tyler Austin was just optioned to AAA to make room for Loaisiga

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

thank christ

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hopefully when Losaigia's done his work we can get Drury back up with the big club.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

ihatepants posted:

Tyler Austin was just optioned to AAA to make room for Loaisiga

:byewhore:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Raise your hands if you thought at the beginning of the year that gleyber Torres would be slugging 150 points above Gary Sanchez and 100 points above Stanton halfway through June

Torres owns

It would also be cool if Sanchez and Stanton got a little better

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Iodised QQ posted:

Raise your hands if you thought at the beginning of the year that gleyber Torres would be slugging 150 points above Gary Sanchez and 100 points above Stanton halfway through June

Torres owns

It would also be cool if Sanchez and Stanton got a little better

Andujar is doing about as well as I thought he would...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sanchez is a bad defensive catcher, but his arm keeps him at just regular bad and not like horribly bad. The good thing is that he is probably going to age pretty decently defensively because so much of his value is in his arm. I could see him catching for another 10 years tbh.

I am honestly not all that worried about Gary atm the moment because his eye is still there and extremely good, and he is, to an extent, getting unlucky when he is making contact. His BABIP is .195 :stonk:.

He is not going to have an amazing year, but He will probably end up somewhere around like .240/.340/.460

He could also get super hot randomly and mash like 10 dingers in a month and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Andujar is doing about as well as I thought he would...

Andujar has a 135 wRC+. If you expected that you're crazy. I was adamant in this thread in spring training that he had to be the starting third baseman and even I wouldn't have expected this line so far.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I am honestly not all that worried about Gary atm the moment because his eye is still there and extremely good, and he is, to an extent, getting unlucky when he is making contact. His BABIP is .195 :stonk:.

His BABIP blows but I think that more reflective of his struggles at the plate rather than any bad luck - the ball is coming off his bat horribly. He's hitting more pop-ups and weak ground balls than anything else. I think he's going to pull it together but it would be real nice if this team stopped relying on a 21 year old to carry them through games because I'm not sure how long it can last.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 15, 2018

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sanchez is a bad defensive catcher, but his arm keeps him at just regular bad and not like horribly bad. The good thing is that he is probably going to age pretty decently defensively because so much of his value is in his arm. I could see him catching for another 10 years tbh.

He is not going to have an amazing year, but He will probably end up somewhere around like .240/.340/.460

He could also get super hot randomly and mash like 10 dingers in a month and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

. 195 babip Jesus

Honestly what will probably happen is Torres and someone else will slump terribly when Sanchez and Stanton go on a hot streak

Seems to be what tends to happen with a lot of teams

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

Andujar has a 135 wRC+. If you expected that you're crazy. I was adamant in this thread in spring training that he had to be the starting third baseman and even I wouldn't have expected this line so far.

Andujar has been an elite offensive player at every single level he's ever played at. This isn't surprising at all.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sanchez' line for the year is gonna be poo poo even if he hits .300 from here on out but that only matters if you have him in a roto league.

Also Sanchez is good at all catching stuff except for blocking pitches which is an issue, but is also a bigger issue on the Yankees since we have some of the hardest pitchers to actually catch.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Also Sanchez is good at all catching stuff except for blocking pitches which is an issue, but is also a bigger issue on the Yankees since we have some of the hardest pitchers to actually catch.

He sucks at framing pitches too, which shouldn't matter anyway but it does

I think Sanchez will come around offensively, I'm more concerned about Stanton and the potential that his stance has been figured out and he won't be able to have another mid-season adjustment to mash dingers like he did last year

Anyway the team still owns. I'm sure fans of other teams who browse this thread get pretty salty when they see Yankee fans complaining about how hard they have it. Believe me, I know this team is awesome and I'm enjoying the hell out of this season

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Also I had no idea that Lasagna had such good stuff

Hoping this post in the second inning didn't just jinx the rest of the night

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe Rick Porcello will remember that he sucks now?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Iodised QQ posted:

He sucks at framing pitches too, which shouldn't matter anyway but it does

The numbers don't back this take up at all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I can't imagine Red Sox fans are any less frustrated than us that our respective teams are having such ridiculous seasons and have a dead heat for the division to show for it.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Super Jay Mann posted:

I can't imagine Red Sox fans are any less frustrated than us that our respective teams are having such ridiculous seasons and have a dead heat for the division to show for it.

We've both been playing subpar teams recently. Hopefully we can break away soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

They have more fluky bullshit going on than the Yanks do.

• Locked thread