Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh wow I wasn’t too far off with his powers. Only Zack could make someone a huge dork and still be terrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
So this is the part where we get the whole song and dance from the villain? I'm thinking, uh, swing with pirate theme with a good hook in the refrain and a disco break.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd say there's a difference here though, while everyone else the goofiness undermined their threat and humanised them, Davey just comes off unhinged and creepier.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; the guy's still a huge dork, but whereas that sort of thing undermines "cool heroism"/"badasses"/etc., it doesn't necessarily make a villain any less threatening, it just makes them funny while also highlighting that they're dangerously unstable and/or detached from morality and such. See also: Kefka, etc.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tollymain posted:

name his stand

[The Twist]

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Patware posted:

[The Twist]

I think you mean [Chubby Checker]. "The Twist" is the name of his attack.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Boot Scootin' Boogie".

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
[Rock Lobster]. The claws "pinch" the world around him.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kikas posted:

I think you mean [Chubby Checker]. "The Twist" is the name of his attack.

this is an archvillain, which means we need to leave themed room for the evolution of his stand

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know this dude's stand but Spender's is definitely Birdhouse in your Soul.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
His name is clearly Davy Jones, so his stand would have to be named after some kind of pirate metal band.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

pirate metal band.

I need this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Renaissance Robot posted:

His name is clearly Davy Jones, so his stand would have to be named after some kind of pirate metal band.
Behold the power of my stand, [Flogging Molly]! The attack was Devil's Dance Floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSwaVvF7rdU

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 15, 2018

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tar_Squid posted:

I need this.

It is extremely stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDANxp31V-Q

I love it :swoon:

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

:swoon: THANK YOU my life has been marginally improved today.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is good too.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Behold the power of my stand, [Flogging Molly]! The attack was Devil's Dance Floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSwaVvF7rdU

I approve of this combination.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I recently reread this chapter, and caught this page this time around. Knowing that that's not Hijack acting, he really thinks that twenty-six is old (still one of my favorite moments in the comic), makes that pretty great.

Tangent, rereading the chapter with the knowledge that Hijack's controlling Spender from this page forward really changes the context of so much. Also, when he's not seething about bullies and going rogue, Hijack's actually pretty good at his job, a few quirks aside; if it weren't for Garcia being close enough to Spender to catch on, he'd have gotten away with it and slipped away after Lucifer decided to let him go. Which it turns out might have been the better outcome. Whoops.

Edit: Also, Isaac is just floating hair and a pair of legs in the last panel of this page.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 18, 2018

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Was not expecting this!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought of it as a possibility but did not expect it to actually happen.

Link, for reference.

This could still end badly for Hijack, though. We already saw that Lucifer could have killed Hijack while he puppeted Spender; if this guy is possessed or has a cooperative tool spirit or something, Hijack taking control might not be the best thing for him.

Still, cool moment for Hijack. Fight back, you weird, three year old brain, you.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 19, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

I thought of it as a possibility but did not expect it to actually happen.

Link, for reference.

This could still end badly for Hijack, though. We already saw that Lucifer could have killed Hijack while he puppeted Spender; if this guy is possessed or has a cooperative tool spirit or something, Hijack taking control might not be the best thing for him.

Still, cool moment for Hijack. Fight back, you weird, three year old brain, you.

Oh Hijack is super dead from all this. But it's good that he won't go down without a fight

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

big dumb conjecture within

Nah, I think Hijack's gonna be... well, alive, but the spirit this ex-spectre's been possessed by (I'm betting Lefty is his original spirit and maaay be using the weird glove he's in as a Tool???) is probably going to imprison Hijack somehow and try to manipulate Mina into his shady plot.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm more interested in the fact that Davy Jones is implying that he'd have been willing to let Hijack off with a warning if he'd just apologized (which Hijack has just wrecked if it's true).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cannot believe hijack stole my favourite pickup line

i speak of course of "...nn... sorry..."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm more interested in the fact that Davy Jones is implying that he'd have been willing to let Hijack off with a warning if he'd just apologized (which Hijack has just wrecked if it's true).

I don't think that's the implication at all

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I decided to find the first time Hijack appeared, and it was March 2015. That good boy's been three years old for three years now

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
took me a second look through to realize that the second panel isnt davey spinning around w hijack, its the twisted up hallway flying back into place the moment he stops holding it in place w his foot. which actually makes the general effect of the panel even cooler imo

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kabanaw posted:

I decided to find the first time Hijack appeared, and it was March 2015. That good boy's been three years old for three years now

i dont think this is a coincidence in the slightest

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hijack died as he lived: taking three years to do it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
it is strange that the past three years of comic have taken place over one very exciting day

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Don't dream so small, we can definitely fit another year in before the day is out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I know this chapter is ridiculously long, but it still blows my mind when I realize it'll be four years this December.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Bleck posted:

it is strange that the past three years of comic have taken place over one very exciting day

i think the entire comic has taken place over hte course of 2 maybe 3 days

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Update

a new development

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat, this is a cool concept.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I feel like at this point with yet another character and new concept added in this now 280 page chapter, I've realized that the pacing probably feels better at this point if I just pretend the chapter divisions don't even exist. (If this chapter lasts 26 more pages it will become longer than 1-4 combined)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everything about this encounter is great

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i have several issues with this new development, not in the least that his battering ram of a chin would make it near-impossible to bite someone

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

i have several issues with this new development, not in the least that his battering ram of a chin would make it near-impossible to bite someone

Thats what the spatial manipulation is for!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The alt-text makes perfect sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh, so he is vampire ghost pirate.
Yes....good. :allears: