Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Honestly I think it would be a pretty massive problem if he isn't a top 5 AFCW QB

Rivers, Carr, Keenum, Geno, Brock.... yeah, checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm hyped up for Case Keenum, brother

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh hello, wrong thread

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Didn't Brock go to Miami or :thejoke:

Blitz7x posted:

It's fine if Mahomes isn't a top 5 AFCW qb, KC has a pretty good squad they can put around him and Reid is great as usual

Idk. I think they're gonna be able to score a ton because they're pretty loaded on offense, which is nice because their defense still looks bad even post-draft.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 15, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

a neat cape posted:

The two players that gave the Chargers fits were Alex Smith and Marcus Peters.

Forgive me if I'm not shaking in my boots now

They still have one Tyreek Hill.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Didn't Brock go to Miami or :thejoke:

Oh yeah.

Put Cardale there instead

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

Chad Henne is better than Carr, Geno and Brock

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chad Henne is better than Carr, Geno and Brock

Holy poo poo I didn't know he was even still in the league let alone on an AFC west roster

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He can dip on my sidelines any time

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

kiimo posted:

But hey it's another year of the media picking the Chargers to win the AFCW which is basically a holiday at this point.

This was a great burn. Classic Chargers preseason hype, this poo poo goes back 10+ years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

Kellen allegedly kidnapped and raped a 54-year-old woman in March.

He allegedly kidnapped and sodomized a 59-year-old woman in May.

And, earlier this month, he allegedly committed burglary with the intent to rape a 71-year-old woman and an 86-year-old woman.

... well, that's not what I was expecting.

:yikes:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Chargers are a scary team on paper with one of the best defenses you can put together in a salary capped league but I am secretly hoping that age catches up to Rivers. His arm strength has regressed a bit already

you're really not very good at keeping secrets

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kalli posted:

And, earlier this month, he allegedly committed burglary with the intent to rape a 71-year-old woman and an 86-year-old woman.

What in the gently caress

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
We're all on the edge of our seats to see which one of these AFC west teams suck the least

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
That's amazing hahaha

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

Explains why he was masturbating on the way to Boston Market.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

It's hard to slow the hype train when literally the only tape on him is one meaningless week 17 game against a Denver team that had given up. But hey I'm sure he looks great in shorts and this will finally be the big 12 quarterback that won't be a giant disappointment.

I hope you've enjoyed all the playoff success (lol) you e had during your time at the top of the division the last few years, but the Chargers are now clearly the best team in the division and have finally put a team around Rivers for one more window. I'm sure you'll finally find a quarterback once you're drafting in the top ten again in a few years once Mahomes flames out
That's a lot of salt in a single post.

I don't think I can really buy into the Chargers because I don't think Anthony Lynn is a good coach. For that reason alone, Andy Reid still holds the advantage even if Mahomes doesn't live up to the hype. :shobon:

Andy is the Offensive version of Marty. No real concern about the division and just turn off the TV and pretend they won it all after Week 17.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Noted successful playoffs coach Andy Reid

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chiefs are probably the best team in the division right now. Loaded offense, can score just enough points to end up losing in the WC round again.

Like I said earlier, I don't really trust the Chargers to stay healthy like they were lucky enough to be. Just have a feeling about it after Henry already blew his knee out. The Broncos are probably going to be better than last season - Chubb is gonna be very good opposite of Miller - but idk about Joseph as a coach and I don't think Keenum will replicate what he did last year. He'll be better but I don't think it's enough to move the needle much.

I can't really make heads or tails of what the Raiders have done this offseason. They're probably the biggest unknown quantity in the division.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Intruder posted:

Noted successful playoffs coach Andy Reid

Fun fact, Andy Reid has the same number of losses in the playoffs as the Lions do in their entire franchise history dating to 1930 (13)

He also has more wins (11 to the Lions' 7)

I have no idea what this says about Andy Reid but jesus christ Lions :shepicide:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
That coaching tree though

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Broncos are going to be a tough team if they can figure out how to run the ball and I'm convinced the Chargers do just barely enough to trick Rivers into thinking there's some future hope that he should return for. Actual January football is a no go because vacation plans have already been made.

The Raiders are going to be a mess until they finally make the move.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
some more fun facts about the Lions' playoff success:

-When they won their fourth championship in 1957 they were an impressive 6-1 in the postseason, their only loss being to the Browns in 1953.
-The Browns were actually one of their greatest rivals in the 1950s, with the Lions facing them in four separate championship games, winning 3 of them (1952, 1953, 1957)
-The Packard Automotive Plant in Detroit, a longtime symbol of the city's decay, ceased production in 1958. Since that year, the Lions have appeared in the playoffs 12 times, and have a single victory to their credit in 1991. (Incidentally, I was born in 1992).
-The Cincinnati Bengals have won 5 playoff games in that timespan, though admittedly the Lions have the more recent win (by a single year). In fact, the Lions have the fewest playoff victories since the merger of any team in the NFL, with only the Houston Texans (3-4), the Cleveland Browns (4-11), and Kansas City Chiefs (4-15) being even remotely close.
-Matt Patricia, if he manages to win a playoff game his first season, will by default be one of the most successful Lions coaches in franchise history.

jesus christ this team :shepicide:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Acebuckeye13 posted:

some more fun facts about the Lions' playoff success:

-When they won their fourth championship in 1957 they were an impressive 6-1 in the postseason, their only loss being to the Browns in 1953.
-The Browns were actually one of their greatest rivals in the 1950s, with the Lions facing them in four separate championship games, winning 3 of them (1952, 1953, 1957)
-The Packard Automotive Plant in Detroit, a longtime symbol of the city's decay, ceased production in 1958. Since that year, the Lions have appeared in the playoffs 12 times, and have a single victory to their credit in 1991. (Incidentally, I was born in 1992).
-The Cincinnati Bengals have won 5 playoff games in that timespan, though admittedly the Lions have the more recent win (by a single year). In fact, the Lions have the fewest playoff victories since the merger of any team in the NFL, with only the Houston Texans (3-4), the Cleveland Browns (4-11), and Kansas City Chiefs (4-15) being even remotely close.
-Matt Patricia, if he manages to win a playoff game his first season, will by default be one of the most successful Lions coaches in franchise history.

jesus christ this team :shepicide:

and I wouldn't have it any other way. The Lions getting blown the gently caress out or losing the Superbowl on a last second Orlovsky-esque safety would let me die happy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheChirurgeon posted:

David Irving suspended again]

e: 4 games

Why'd an NFL team sign a Holocaust denier in the first place?

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Eagles give SB ring to former secretary fired by Chip

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Coach Phil :3:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The hell is that kid wearing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

The hell is that kid wearing

I think all the kids wear those in the flag football league that Phil coaches in

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
look its about not disrespecting the troops ok

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

This loving rules

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Spoeank posted:

It's almost impressive just how horrifyingly racist that is.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Uh that's a football if you're seeing it as racist then you're projecting

-the guy who did this and his friends who high fived him

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Fun fact, Andy Reid has the same number of losses in the playoffs as the Lions do in their entire franchise history dating to 1930 (13)

He also has more wins (11 to the Lions' 7)

I have no idea what this says about Andy Reid but jesus christ Lions :shepicide:

Holy poo poo, did you come up with this stat? This is amazing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spoeank posted:

jesus loving christ

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Jadenfootball21/status/1008183877410537473

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

I will never get tired of Doug trying to undo all of Chip's bullshit.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That is cool and good and gently caress Chip Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spoeank posted:

The Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse on the right edge :discourse:

• Locked thread