Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, I haven't been following this thread - has the saga of Rob Rogers, recently fired from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, been discussed here?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Guest writer: Chuck Asay

drat, that really is classic Assay.

A woman spends time with her son, they are both enjoying a fun activity and having an honest conversation.

You are expected to see this as bad.

Jerusalem posted:

Team Rocket owns :hellyeah:

Hell yeah indeed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

So... um... yeah. That sucks. :smith:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

good eye.

also

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

& KNUCKLES'

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 16, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He specifically did it to spite Truman, whom he had come to loathe.

yea he did also believe one party rule for a long time was bad in general but he specifically ran (vs say, encouraging someone else to) because he REALLY grew to hate Truman and it's kinda hilarious. Eisenhower was an anti-commie douche who thought the glories of the free market would civilize the savages of the world but I can respect a guy who's political ambitions are spurred on by 'I'm not letting you get your heir apparent your old job you dick',

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

420 Gank Mid posted:

Its almost like we shouldn't forget how unanimous support for white supremacy was just a few generations ago, or pretend that Lincoln had redeemable views on race 'theory'

You're kind of proving my point. Yes, Lincoln said some racist things. Some of them were surely sincere, while others may have been political posturing to avoid seeming "extreme." But actions speak louder than words (if you disagree, please address your thoughts and prayers to the latest shooting victim). Lincoln freed the slaves, starting with the Emancipation Proclamation and then completely with the 13th amendment (though that wasn't finished until after he died). And I suspect that he would have been better for freed blacks than Johnson was. The point is that you can certainly find things that people in the past did that would be offensive today, but they deserve credit for actions that improved society.

Also, can we kill the phrase "it's almost like?" It's a pointless redundancy.

sexpig by night posted:

yea he did also believe one party rule for a long time was bad in general but he specifically ran (vs say, encouraging someone else to) because he REALLY grew to hate Truman and it's kinda hilarious. Eisenhower was an anti-commie douche who thought the glories of the free market would civilize the savages of the world but I can respect a guy who's political ambitions are spurred on by 'I'm not letting you get your heir apparent your old job you dick',

Democrats really did have too much power in those days, and Republicans were in permanent minority status in Congress for most of the 20th century. This sounds nice until you remember that it was mostly because they had a solid block of Southern racists to draw on.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 16, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God dammit I just got the joke :ughh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

drat, that really is classic Assay.

A woman spends time with her son, they are both enjoying a fun activity and having an honest conversation.

You are expected to see this as bad.

Hell yeah indeed.

What's even funnier is that you can give context to this conversation. "Dad, why are there detention centers for children?"

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Fister Roboto posted:

God dammit I just got the joke :ughh:

What joke

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jurgan posted:

You're kind of proving my point. Yes, Lincoln said some racist things. Some of them were surely sincere, while others may have been political posturing to avoid seeming "extreme." But actions speak louder than words (if you disagree, please address your thoughts and prayers to the latest shooting victim). Lincoln freed the slaves, starting with the Emancipation Proclamation and then completely with the 13th amendment (though that wasn't finished until after he died). And I suspect that he would have been better for freed blacks than Johnson was. The point is that you can certainly find things that people in the past did that would be offensive today, but they deserve credit for actions that improved society.

Also, can we kill the phrase "it's almost like?" It's a pointless redundancy.

Democrats really did have too much power in those days, and Republicans were in permanent minority status in Congress for most of the 20th century.

God forbid we allow the people responsible for the most prosperous and progressive age in American history to stay in power. The entirety of the Republican platform since then has been slowly dismantling the progress FDR has made making this country worth living in.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

They're coyotes.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

They're coyotes.

There's something dryly humorous about reading this while my chicken is in the oven.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I hope it turns out they're serving hufu.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017
Why does the coyote hang out with Carmen? She seems like a bummer, quite frankly

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Guest writer: Chuck Asay

I love transphobia

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

She's gonna run into Sheriff Joe, who goes,"Let me see your papers! :mad:", leafs through them and then goes,"Well these are all in order" and leaves her be, and she'll say,"Wow turns out if you're not a criminal you have nothing to fear!"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You put the Knuckles cartridge into the Sonic cartridge to make a new game.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Ughhhhh. First a Stonetoss edit hits the big time on reddit (noticed by Stonetoss himself), and now the original strip is on the top bar of Know Your Meme.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Every now and then Tinsley is right.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Trapezium Dave posted:

They're coyotes.

I'm sure ICE prison camps have non-vegan meals, why don't you go have dinner there?

Get hosed.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Every now and then Tinsley is right.

He was mad someone said this to him after he ranted for 20 minutes about high handed judges handing out DUI convictions

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
For those not keeping count at home, that's two strips of Carmen running from Joe Arpaio/ICE followed by 8 strips of Carmen ranting about the LIBERALS who dared to save her.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's really cool that the conservative mouthpiece character in PC is an ungrateful, judgmental rear end in a top hat.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

They're coyotes.
I can’t wait for his somber “I was so wrong.” cartoon ten years from now.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Starshark posted:

There's only one artist who can do fat ponies and it's not Lester. :colbert:

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 16, 2018

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Pants Donkey posted:

Seriously. Is the goal here to make her look as awful as possible? I'd think this was a bad liberal comic with a strawman conservative character if I didn't know better.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Pants Donkey posted:

More likely he's going to become one of those Racist Old People Everyone Ignores Because They're Just Going To Die Anyway(TM).

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

They're coyotes.

Carmen what is wrong with your eye.

So, does he fire the strips off as they're done, or does he send them in batches? I guess I'm wondering if this arc is going to come to a halt roughly two weeks after the child prison camp in El Paso really hit the news and boiled everyone's blood over.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

To be fair Stantis' latest Chicago Tribune cartoon is this:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Trapezium Dave posted:

To be fair Stantis' latest Chicago Tribune cartoon is this:

I didn't really realize that he did anything but prickly city

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Trapezium Dave posted:

They're coyotes.

NOT VEGETABLES

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Vegan meals? Truly the bane of society, would prefer being deported.

What the gently caress, gently caress off.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

If there's one thing central California is known for, it's being really liberal.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Tags: Robert Mueller Democrats; Donald Trump; report; special counsel; Russia probe; vengeance; conjecture; speculation; Nancy Pelosi; Chuck Schumer

After all that, all we got was a report. And 23 indictments. And probably another half dozen pending. But mostly just a report.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Vegan meals? Truly the bane of society, would prefer being deported.

What the gently caress, gently caress off.

I thought the joke was she is vegan and the coyotes were going t9 eat he.t?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I'm not making a joke here...are they suppose to be Goths, or just Scandinavian?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tibalt posted:

I'm not making a joke here...are they suppose to be Goths, or just Scandinavian?

There's no difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Tibalt posted:

Both.