Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this isn't really related but whenever me and my friends would play borderlands, the weapons that generated the most interest were...just guns. maybe a red dot or something, but all anybody ever wanted was a gun that shot regular bullets in a straight line because everything else was so loving annoying.

I haven't played Boarderlands, but based on what I know about Boarderlands, you shouldn't have been playing Boarderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

bamhand posted:

I played Crucible for the first time and I had no idea what I was doing. But it was fun! Reminded me of CS but with more flying around and lasers. Why do people say it's bad?

Because it loving sucks

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

bamhand posted:

I played Crucible for the first time and I had no idea what I was doing. But it was fun! Reminded me of CS but with more flying around and lasers. Why do people say it's bad?

That's weird, it reminded me of halo

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Never played Halo multiplayer but I guess I could see that. Mainly was just everyone dying so fast that was kind of like CS. Obviously way more fast paced and mobile.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Wtf I think I missed something. one moment we're In mars looking for rasputin and in the next I'm in the edz look for a shard of the travaler for who knows what. Apparently there is a plan?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Pigbottom posted:

Wtf I think I missed something. one moment we're In mars looking for rasputin and in the next I'm in the edz look for a shard of the travaler for who knows what. Apparently there is a plan?

The setup for the entire story of the expansion is done through a vendor dialogue when you get back from your first trip to Rasputin's vault. If you made the mistake of immediately choosing a reward it's gone forever

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Gadzuko posted:

The setup for the entire story of the expansion is done through a vendor dialogue when you get back from your first trip to Rasputin's vault. If you made the mistake of immediately choosing a reward it's gone forever

lol thats great.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So uh. My coop group got this in the humble bundle and we play through the sloppy excuse for a story. Aside from the fact that you are totally lost if you haven't played any D1, is it just us or does this game have 0 explanations in it how things work?

I mean the npcs have 1 sentence quest dialogue which gently caress it, it is only shoot mans anyway, but stuff like "how do engrams work" (yeah glorified word for loot box we figured that out) "how do mods work", what exactly is a strike, crucible, how do they work etc.? Is there anything in terms of explanation at all?

And I mean useful explanation beyond "crucible is where you fight other guardians". Duh.

We don't really don't understand what the "endgame" is or how it works.

Yes we will look it up here and on the web but it seems incrediy stupid that the game tells you next to nothig. Or did we miss a "help" button?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Hopper posted:

So uh. My coop group got this in the humble bundle and we play through the sloppy excuse for a story. Aside from the fact that you are totally lost if you haven't played any D1, is it just us or does this game have 0 explanations in it how things work?

I mean the npcs have 1 sentence quest dialogue which gently caress it, it is only shoot mans anyway, but stuff like "how do engrams work" (yeah glorified word for loot box we figured that out) "how do mods work", what exactly is a strike, crucible, how do they work etc.? Is there anything in terms of explanation at all?

And I mean useful explanation beyond "crucible is where you fight other guardians". Duh.

Yes we will look it up here and on the web but it seems incrediy stupid that the game tells you next to nothig. Or did we miss a "help" button?

For the most part, no, bugie doesn't tell you anything. This is fantastic for things like the Raid where you have to figure it out and solve the puzzles in real time, or the memory fragments where you have to wander around mars to figure out what they are and how to acquire them.

But, yeah, for the basic poo poo it can be tough. There are major mechanics that aren't even told to you and you'd have to go online to understand them, for example Soft Cap vs Hard Cap for power level, the point where normal activies stop dropping above a certain level is the Soft cap, and Milestones or "Powerful Gear" rewards give you items above that to the hard cap (where you can't go above). If you have the base game, the soft cap is 260 and the hardcap is 300, and with Warmind the soft is 340 and hard is 380.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hopper posted:

Join a goon discord and pester them until you have all the answers you need. Most of us went through that phase.

The endgame is either 6 man raids, 3-9 man wave clearing events or I guess 3 man nightfalls if you are into score hunting an leaderboards. The endgame is also collecting armor sets and weapons imo.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

el B posted:

I'll admit sometimes it's finicky. Could be bugged. But I have most definitely reloaded and gained perfect 5th after one crit.

Its definitely buggy. Noticed it while unlocking the masterwork in the Castellum but sometimes the Perfect Fifth doesn't activate until I get quite a bit more than 4 headshots regardless of whether I reload or not.

Still I great gun though, at least in PvE.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It’s a fun gun but I constantly find myself thinking “I could Grav Lance instead” when using it in PvE. I wouldn’t mind seeing it get a bit of a buff, especially given how bad high-impact scouts are in the meta right now

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

You have to do all of the mars ones to unlock the heroic versions so you can do the Polaris Lance quest. I think that's the only set of adventures you _have_ to do.

Why I said one to two for Mars and maybe Mercury

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Your mom said she's excited to try em in all 3 slots

yo momma so big they call her the traveler

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

yo momma so ugly even the cabal shut the light off

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah well yo mama so fat that Calus had to clap twice.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But he always claps twice...

Ah gently caress.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The more I learn about how the systems in this game work, the more annoyed I get at Purpose being a Trials gun. Or, I suppose, the lack of other 50+ stability/handling scout rifles in other frames.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yo momma so dumb she bought the Destiny 2 season pass

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Moola posted:

yo momma so dumb she bought the Destiny 2 season pass

change this to the Year 2 dlc and then I'll be properly offended

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Without the year 2 dlc, will weapons start dropping with random stat rolls in sept? Or will it only be new weapons added? I know they said the current guns will stay the same I'm just confused at how they're going about it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Penpal posted:

Without the year 2 dlc, will weapons start dropping with random stat rolls in sept? Or will it only be new weapons added? I know they said the current guns will stay the same I'm just confused at how they're going about it

Only newly introduced guns will have random rolls. Your 15th Better Devils will always be the same as the first.

They have not commented on whether any new (random roll eligible) guns will drop for nonForsaken Owners

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They have not commented on whether any new (random roll eligible) guns will drop for nonForsaken Owners

Random rolls are listed on the roadmap as something available to all players, and things like Vanguard/Crucible gear is concerned Seasonal Rewards (listed as available to all players in their TWAB graphic from two weeks ago)

So people who don’t own Forsaken will get access to a (small) pool of randomly rolled weaponry from any seasonal vendors. Possibly including IB/Trials

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Light level enabled IB / Trials

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What a dumb idea imo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah still wondering how this is going to work

Gonna laugh my rear end off if the solution is one IB/Trials for Y1 players and another for Y2 players

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The solution is to get absolutely wrecked unless you buy Forsaken!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe people actually liked that IB and Trials were light enabled in d1. At least, I remember complaints at D2 launch that they were no longer light enabled.

It seemed like a way to forceably ditch the D1Y1 meta, but this just seems like it's a mix of "fans asked for it" and "be sure to buy Forsaken"

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Light enabled PvP seems dumb except in the case of someone good (not me) clowning on people while wearing all blue gear or something

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The number in an exo's name (e.g. Taeko-3) is how many times they've had their memory wiped, which seems to be based on some of Banshee-44's dialogue. Why do the exos get their memory wiped (other than the first time, when they become an exo)? Who wipes it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Elysiume posted:

The number in an exo's name (e.g. Taeko-3) is how many times they've had their memory wiped, which seems to be based on some of Banshee-44's dialogue. Why do the exos get their memory wiped (other than the first time, when they become an exo)? Who wipes it?

Isn't the trick that those reboots occurred before they got zombied by The Traveler so now when they die for real they don't get reuploaded or whatever? I forget if the whole "the Exos are back" thing actually has anything to do with the Traveler or not.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I can't imagine how difficult it would be wipe an exo if you don't get at it right away and instead let it sit there for a while after its brain gets all lovely.

You'll probably have to use reams and reams of code and even then, chances are if the exo gets under any durress it will be like it was never even wiped in the first place.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Orv posted:

Isn't the trick that those reboots occurred before they got zombied by The Traveler so now when they die for real they don't get reuploaded or whatever? I forget if the whole "the Exos are back" thing actually has anything to do with the Traveler or not.

This is correct

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also god forbid you try and wipe an exo that's still got any bits of its original memories clinging on, not only is that messy as hell it will take forever

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Elysiume posted:

It's basically a maintenance thing because the human mind just cannot deal with being in a robot body for too long. Their memories aren't completely wiped but there's clearly some degradation.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The grimoire where the Exo shoots himself in the face with a fusion rifle (well, has his ghost shoot him) is some good sci-fi.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Their consciousness is digitally transferred back to them from the Deep Stone Crypt

A clean wipe on an Exo requires a stream

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
exo gets stuck in infinite boot loop because of overclocked video drivers

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
exo's on -11 because he keeps messing with regedit

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I can't imagine how difficult it would be wipe an exo if you don't get at it right away and instead let it sit there for a while after its brain gets all lovely.

You'll probably have to use reams and reams of code and even then, chances are if the exo gets under any durress it will be like it was never even wiped in the first place.

Like a brown marker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Level 13, some shaders have dropped that do cool colour changing to things :D I also got a bit of yellow equipment that I love the look of and I have helped out with a few heroic public events (joined level 30 guys and just tried my hardest not to die to guys with big red skulls above their heads!)

I have managed to help the clan with 4500 XP so far so I am happy about that too :D

• Locked thread