Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
That got a Saturn release?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
https://youtu.be/gj-LbAV6fqc?t=46

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The time Diablo III came out and was unplayable for almost everyone for about two weeks lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I actually didn’t have problems, other than the game sucking rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don’t know if D3 or Spore was a bigger letdown to me. I think I idolized Will Wright more than Jay Wilson at the time and D3 is less cynical...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Was Color Splash any good? I know Sticker Star is supposed to suck.

It was the worst 3DS game I played until Conceptio n2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I don’t know if D3 or Spore was a bigger letdown to me. I think I idolized Will Wright more than Jay Wilson at the time and D3 is less cynical...

ea drove will wright out of video games altogether

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

D3? Less cynical? The game with a real money auction house for in game loot?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Jay “gently caress those losers” Wilson is the less cynical one? Whaaa

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The horrible C&C mobile they showed on E3 wasn't EA's first try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umnm3UFy9Pg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Jay “gently caress those losers” Wilson is the less cynical one? Whaaa

"gently caress that loser", to david brevik, the creator of d1 and d2, after everyone hated his lovely take on diablo lol. only after he got fired did D3 start to turn around in a big way and get rid of most of the AIDS. what a loving rear end in a top hat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

"gently caress that loser", to david brevik, the creator of d1 and d2, after everyone hated his lovely take on diablo lol. only after he got fired did D3 start to turn around in a big way and get rid of most of the AIDS. what a loving rear end in a top hat

Oh yeah... THAT happened.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27ZsrQ_wFE

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I still want a version of Spore that's good. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedWiseSpaghettiFeelsBadMan

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no! nooo!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spore was the first PC Game That's Got The Depth Of A Mobile Game that I played IMO... Just without the in game purchases because it wasn't that era yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe not cynical but I felt so much more insulted by Spore. lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Me: Member these days?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQBS8x3NLUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgTe-cFtIw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNt7AYGTfAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ribCHNTQb0

EA Will Wright Lvl 20:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just realized that Spore was one of the last times I ever played a SimSomething/Tycoon kind of game which used to be my favorite.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Just realized that Spore was one of the last times I ever played a SimSomething/Tycoon kind of game which used to be my favorite.

You should try the new Jurassic Park one... it’s pretty barebones but it’s really pretty and I’m hooked on it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You should try the new Jurassic Park one... it’s pretty barebones but it’s really pretty and I’m hooked on it.

I'm stuck on the loving science mission on isla sorna because those fuckers keep breaking out and getting uncomfortable...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Wormskull posted:

i always replay simcity3k

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
have to say the other day i felt an intense urge to play The Sims 1 again

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

A couple of years ago I pulled out an old laptop that had SimTower installed on it and I meant to just check it out for a couple of minutes but when I looked up it was nighttime and I had a four star tower on my hands

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought simearth at a garage sale without a manual as a kid and could not comprehend the UI at all and had no idea if what I was doing was even a game but I would start new files and just watch the animal populations change volume randomly on the screen for hours.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing D3 for the first time was like sending one of your parents to the hosptial and they come back speaking broken english in a different accent while trying to sell you pills. they eventually made it into a b-tier ARPG, though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sim Farm is hype even though IIRC it’s not a William Wright masterpiece.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
simant ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
the titel screen is just a heavilty dithered pictureof a huge fuckin ant

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lmao at using windows buttons and menus like its a spreadsheet application or something 90s pc gaming stays winning

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

lmao at using windows buttons and menus like its a spreadsheet application or something 90s pc gaming stays winning

I don’t know if he made that one but based on the special edition Content on SC2000 Will Wright’s whole philosophy was making games like a suite of tools for making a universe. Win.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Sim ant loving rules.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Wormskull posted:

I don’t know if he made that one but based on the special edition Content on SC2000 Will Wright’s whole philosophy was making games like a suite of tools for making a universe. Win.

yeah i remember reading about the small simulation program that was what made will wright want to make spore a decade before he actually could. shame about the ea acquisition
what i never really knew was if bullfrog was in any weay related to maxis since theyt also made theme hostpital and sim theme park

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Sim ant loving rules.

YEA