Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
but gin too so maybe not so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
monarchies are bad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KoRMaK posted:

He's gotten exceptionally bad recently.

Which stage of Howard Hughes-ing is he in?

I think he's starting his own tissue company to make the boxes for his shoes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

elon: oh howie lived in a penthouse alone? lame. I'll move to my own loving planet that'll show them

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

DrPossum posted:

monarchies are bad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a moon for each ex wife

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

yeah, i think only those with the most spotless service records are offered the post. I suspect it’s an honor.

iirc it's 22 years (the longest you can serve without being an officer), retiring as a sergeant-major or equivalent, and receiving the good conduct medal, which basically means you never got into enough trouble for an officer to notice.

i'm sure i read that recent defence cuts (particularly throwing out lifers just before they paid off - the pension for someone who makes it 22 years is hella generous) meant that they're going to find it almost impossible to recruit new beefeaters in the future. then the french will be able to sail up the thames and take the tower without a fight, just to save a few quid on pensions

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

elon: oh howie lived in a penthouse alone? lame. I'll move to my own loving planet that'll show them

the mormon afterlife, today!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
when I toured the tower our beefeater had no qualms about telling us which monument was aesthetically the worst (it's this)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yikes. yeah, that’s pretty bad. don’t recall seeing that in 2010.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

I think he's starting his own tissue company to make the boxes for his shoes

fukn lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

when I toured the tower our beefeater had no qualms about telling us which monument was aesthetically the worst (it's this)
I didn't know Beefeaters carried mirrors.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Uptime Sinclair posted:

I didn't know Beefeaters carried mirrors.

:drat:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

President Beep posted:

but gin too so maybe not so great.

how could that not be great?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
http://aiweirdness.com/post/159022733587/three-bad-recipes-generated-by-neural-network

AI posted:

Citran Barbecued Mube
game, ethnic

—-CAKE—-
1 pkg cornstarch
34 oz ginger
1 white sage
2 large red potatoes, peeled
1 magazine bread; chunks
1 cup shredded corn peas
4 cup liquid ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator and heat soup for 20 min. Serve with nuts, chopped caczooled and serve with the rice and oatmeal.

AI posted:

Grilled Snailsed Butter
crockpot, vegetables, crockpot, rubbing holiday, meats

2 lb shrimp; cut in ½ cubes
6 cloves, minced
2 teaspoon apple juice
¼ cup mushrooms
1 lb tomatoes, nuts.
plastic
1 Strawberries
2 each pinto beans; sliced
1 plum tomatoes, (no carri-fater)
1 pkg unknown yogurt fillets, thawed

Pour noodles and cauliflower through a wider measure just on high speed until stiff. Flavor radicchio mixture with the wine and continue simmering until mixture is desired doneness. Reserve side of bowl mixture. Chill until circle is reamy inricating. Serve on ranged removable pieces.

AI posted:

Smushed.I’s Bried, Heritame Sprigs
cakes, pies, pastries, extract

2 eggs
4 tablespoon water
1 cup dried butters and firmly beaten
20 eggs
4 oz fresh chopped nuts (approximately 10 minutes)
2 tablespoon grated zucchini
20 oz almonds, rough
1 cup seasoned baking powder

Sift milk in crockpot. Turn dough.

Add egg powdered sugar and whipped toppings. Serve immediately.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
neural network shitposting is the worst, it's the new monkeycheese bullshit

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DiggityDoink posted:

neural network shitposting is the worst, it's the new monkeycheese bullshit

This may be true but you will never convince me to be ashamed of enjoying one of the originals, when someone fed it those "American" names from some Japanese baseball video game

https://twitter.com/Kreuzader/status/841124218389561344?s=19

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

This may be true but you will never convince me to be ashamed of enjoying one of the originals, when someone fed it those "American" names from some Japanese baseball video game

https://twitter.com/Kreuzader/status/841124218389561344?s=19

yeah ok, this one is actually funny

im Snarry Shitwon

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
they can be entertaining in a surreal way when it's done for real. for instance here are some color names generated from a sherwin-williams database:

but yeah 90% of the "we gave an AI a million friends scripts and you won't believe what it came up with" is painfully obviously done by a human who thinks they're much more clever than they are.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

DiggityDoink posted:

yeah ok, this one is actually funny

im Snarry Shitwon
a poor second to Rarr Dick, which i am

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
vaguely curious to know what would happen if you fed it hundreds of similar jpeg files.. like the images were similar but it only got to look at the jpeg files (not headers or any of that nerd bullshit)

probably garbage. probably wouldnt decode

but the biggest problem is none of it is interesting. like its painful to read

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

they can be entertaining in a surreal way when it's done for real. for instance here are some color names generated from a sherwin-williams database:

but yeah 90% of the "we gave an AI a million friends scripts and you won't believe what it came up with" is painfully obviously done by a human who thinks they're much more clever than they are.
hi 3 228 230, I'm Dad

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

they are absolutely written by an ai

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sagebrush posted:

I appreciate that stoned blue is a particularly greenish shade

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Thy posts are mown poupe

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i wish i looked like bruce willis or jason statham :sigh:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

euuugh

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
blimey! wish i could soldier in the service ov the ol' queens beef. alas,

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

prefect posted:

i wish i looked like bruce willis or jason statham :sigh:

yeah basically this. baldness and a shaved head was never an issue if you looked like a leading man. having quad chin damage and shaving your head is the issue and now some poor soul has conflagrated the two into the power of baldness in this image

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
rebranding the value of baldness, for profit

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/cockney_white/s...agenumber%3D136

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

fuckin hank

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Agile Vector posted:

yeah basically this. baldness and a shaved head was never an issue if you looked like a leading man. having quad chin damage and shaving your head is the issue and now some poor soul has conflagrated the two into the power of baldness in this image

otoh you're not going to look good with a quadchin even with hair

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

sat nite mfs

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

https://twitter.com/xor/status/1007331081073373184

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
https://twitter.com/marycmccormack/status/1007831286176571394?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I want a car with a built-in flamethrower