Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

drat, somethin must have broken on the 40. Fast place to wreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD PORSCHE CURVES

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nakajima's helmet owns

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Nakajima's helmet owns

I think Kobayashi's lid is rad as gently caress too. Looks like it was based off of Tomoyasu Hotei's guitar design.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nando is happy :unsmith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, he had a hell of a stint.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I just woke up. How the gently caress are there still 8 cars within one lap of each other in GTPro?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

D. Ebdrup posted:

I just woke up. How the gently caress are there still 8 cars within one lap of each other in GTPro?

GTPro has consistently produced the best racing the last few years.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

D. Ebdrup posted:

The two euro porsche's have a 1 lap lead on the rest, but its close after that. Porsche played the BoP game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Based on the last 13.5 hours, if they keep going at the same pace it will be 393 laps, 4 laps short of the 2010 record.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some hefty lads in the Ford garage

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Lol at the ford guy acting like he can read

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Some hefty lads in the Ford garage

Yeah, they're probably former US college athletes, probably from some football program.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

iospace posted:

GTPro has consistently produced the best racing the last few years.
Yeah, I guess that must be it - it's just that I still remember when GTPro was.. not fun to watch.

Cygni posted:

The two euro porsche's have a 1 lap lead on the rest, but its close after that. Porsche played the BoP game.
The piggie with a Dane is leading! :denmark:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

3rd overall in the garage. Cant tell if they are messing with the master cylinder or the pushrods in the front.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah either something is actually wrong with the 7 or Toyota is slowing it down efb by RLM I guess

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Gazoo-san playing his own BOP game at night when people aren't watching?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Cygni posted:

3rd overall in the garage. Cant tell if they are messing with the master cylinder or the pushrods in the front.

They just did that to the other one too not too long ago.

E: their twitter says technical issue causing a long pit so yeah i guess something was up.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 17, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So things I never heard that WEC did this season:

1. Moved to IMSA style pit stops, with refueling and tire changes allowed at the same time.
2. Stopped the practice of yellow lights for GT cars.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

DogonCrook posted:

They just did that to the other one too not too long ago.

It looked like brakes to me, maybe they are just being proactive and doing a full bleed on them since they have a 13 lap lead over the Dragonspeed car anyway. Normally you can do that without taking the nose off though.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Quite a lot of rain around Caen, be interesting to see if some of it manages to work south in a few hours

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The Jackie Chan/Ricky Taylor Ligier is officially done with an engine failure.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

The rebellion has problems again driver said its pulling left.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mulsanne is so loving dark looking in the on boards

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Mulsanne is so loving dark looking in the on boards

Yah but just remember that human eye isn't limited like the camera is in terms of night time visibility.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I'm exhausted, I've had 4 hours sleep in 48 hours. i might have to tap out soon.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Go have a sleep man, the toyotas won't break down until the final hour, so may as well get 8 or so hours sleep.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 17, 2018

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

freeranger posted:

Go have a sleep man, the toyotas won't break down until the final hour, so may as well get 8 or so hours sleep.

I know but its about to be happy hour. I need to see that at least. when the track temps are low and the light is coming up, allowing more chances to push. it's my favourite part of the race.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nakajima's got it back to 10 seconds off the No. 7 car, dang.

Cameramen taking videos of the sleeping mechanics, savage as gently caress

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sleeping mechanics and the ones still up loving with the sleepers are the best parts of 24h races.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

iospace posted:

Sleeping mechanics and the ones still up loving with the sleepers are the best parts of 24h races.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Nakajima's helmet owns

It’s like his dad’s. A solid, simple design.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Shumagorath posted:

K I switched back to the WEC audio after RLM weren't talking about two consecutive offs. They're not as bad as I remember.

e: welp never mind that was like listening to Ars comments

LOL :D

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, calling it a night. Cya all in the morning.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

#8 Toyota back in the lead, time for everyone to complain about Toyota fixing the result.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

and now its gonna blow up

also i think that was the first pass for the lead in any category in like 10 hours. this... this has not been a barnburner

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

#82 BMW has had the right-rear tire go pop -- just spun it coming into the Porsche Curves and the bodywork has cut the tire down.

Not a great race for BMW on its first year in GTE.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cygni posted:

and now its gonna blow up

also i think that was the first pass for the lead in any category in like 10 hours. this... this has not been a barnburner

Did we honestly expect it too.

But having said that, the last few haven't been that great until Toyota Gazood'd themselves

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
gently caress I missed happy hour. Oh well, next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

freeranger posted:

Did we honestly expect it too.

But having said that, the last few haven't been that great until Toyota Gazood'd themselves
Ummm hello let me tell you about Aston vs Corvette 2017