Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

cool and good

i was in the same place as you wrt feelings on the show until last week but holy poo poo Squad Jam 2 has been an amazing arc. LLENN cuts a guy's dick off and then they get hit on by a bi lady who tries to set up a meeting irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
It's my bad. I know I should just report / ignore BoTL, he just gets really gets under my skin. It never ends up being a good look.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Agronox posted:

i kinda feel like i spend the optimal amount of time in adtrw

enough to get some interesting recommendations for cool manga and anime, not enough to have any idea what the in-forums fighting is about
same

hell i came here today just cause i wanted to talk bout one piece!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

not a ton? there's some drama but its still mostly just 'we have to win a tournament in a video game,' nobody's in danger of dying in real life or anything, it's just video games as a way to work through weird poo poo that happened in the past. the stakes are character based, not really based in anything like the main sao series' gun gale arc.

Eh, the current arc is focused around preventing a suicide, even if the source on that is weird and unreliable enough that nobody in or out of universe is quite sure how seriously they should take their warning.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i was in the same place as you wrt feelings on the show until last week but holy poo poo Squad Jam 2 has been an amazing arc. LLENN cuts a guy's dick off and then they get hit on by a bi lady who tries to set up a meeting irl.

sweet i love cutting dicks off and meeting bi women

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

Anyway, to make this post not entirely about the guy I did mention Emara earlier, I think people might wanna check it out. It's a UAE (yes, United Arab Emirates) web series about a girl who is a robot (?) that is pretty cool and cute. IMO anyway. Not sure if it counts as anime...

I was wondering what the heck you were talking about-I wrote the seasonal thread and was drawing a blank! Anyways I hope the shows is cool.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzXBAUFui4E

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

same

More like one piece....

of fine manga!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i like this one a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83iejx4_tpA

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol yeah

https://my.mixtape.moe/vescbr.webm

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, the current arc is focused around preventing a suicide, even if the source on that is weird and unreliable enough that nobody in or out of universe is quite sure how seriously they should take their warning.

I mean, nobody's in danger of dying in real life as a direct result of the things that happen in the games, it's a thing about character growth and self-reflection and dealing with uneasy feelings. Nobody's going to get shot and it's pretty clear she isn't going to commit suicide.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I am appalled and intrigued in equal measure, if I decoded these acronyms right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogw68jSGOzA

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-03/rose-of-versailles-gets-screen-adaptation-game-in-school-setting/.120889

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

more yuasa is always good but idk

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-06-17/masaaki-yuasa-teases-new-straightforward-love-story-film-at-annecy/.133009

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
straightforward romance is the worst genre

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
yuasa's quote reads as 'deliberate understatement' to me, so i guess we'll see where that goes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ann is just incompetent, the movie is a bout a couple wherein the boyfriend turns into water

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
many times have i wished i could turn into the water in an anime

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

ann is just incompetent, the movie is a bout a couple wherein the boyfriend turns into water

glad to see more fluid boyfriends in anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thoughts?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how does the blonde girl sit down?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, so all the pokey bits disappear at random?

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i want to play whatever mobage that's from

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, so all the pokey bits disappear at random?

https://my.mixtape.moe/brjtnt.webm

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so what you are saying is, all that extra hardware is stored inside her butt.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Davincie posted:

thoughts?

oh, so that's what that spinal exoskeleton is for, to support egregious t&a poses

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm also having a bit of trouble understanding that gun, especially the lower blade.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

i'm also having a bit of trouble understanding that gun, especially the lower blade.

I think it’s some kind of... bowgun? With an energy string or something?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

In the show it kinda morphs around from a bow to a rifle to a stabby implement of some sort. Its shape is kind of fluid.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

with the bean bandit kickstarter ending soon, here is a message of support from masamune shirow

please help!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not a sequel to Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, so not interested.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

drat, Asuka's new plugsuit for Evangelion 4.0 looks really cool.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So what show is this, anyway?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Show?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

In the show it kinda morphs around from a bow to a rifle to a stabby implement of some sort. Its shape is kind of fluid.

Assumed from this and the earlier screencap that we were talking about fanart of a currently-airing anime.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Darth Walrus posted:

So what show is this, anyway?

Beatless. From what I understand it's an anime that got made entirely off the coolness of the concept art a la Black Rock Shooter.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its blu ray illustrations for the second worst show this season (quite a feat), beatless

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

its blu ray illustrations for the second worst show this season (quite a feat), beatless

So what’s the worst, and why is Beatless so exceptionally bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a two cour show with like eight recap episodes, for one

• Locked thread