Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

mega shark is pretty fuckin bad but it's less of a net loss overall as regular sharpedo was already ugly and useless and has only become even more of a disappointment retroactively since the beta anchor shark got leaked

mega shark was instrumental in my battle tree team for being the thing everyone looked at while lele and pheromosa ohko'd everything

he is a pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

I am Reverend posted:

mega shark is pretty fuckin bad rad

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i always liked the sharp contrast of the deep blue and white on sharpedo and im pretty into the way the shocks of yellow look on top of that

if the blades weren't retracted 90% of the time it would be a much uglier design though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Was there ever an explanation about how Mewtwo got a mega evolution/mega stone considering that it was created in lab?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

no he wasn't :colbert:

in the games anyway, anime I dunno, just cos he's cool I guess

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mewtwo is a genetic freak of nature and I suspect Mega Evolution for it is simply it growing in power - a mutation, as it were

As for the Eon Duo, the easiest way to fix them is to correct the colors so they're not indistinguishable from one another

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
That doesn’t fix them, the designs themselves are poo poo compared to their base stages.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
About 50% of my problem with Mega Lati@s is the weird landing gear legs.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well they're purple because it's mixing them together, you at least have the eyes to differentiate them, but it is pretty lazy. It's weird they were in XY too but obviously weren't available until ORAS. Still, they're fine, I have zero problems with any megas, though I suppose I'm a sucker for transformations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The moment Mega evolutions were revealed, I realized that Digimon actually won the war.

:smugbert:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

AlternateNu posted:

The moment Mega evolutions were revealed, I realized that Digimon actually won the war.

:smugbert:

There was a war? I thought it was Pokémon’s one-sided slaughter of Digimon. :confused:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

indigi posted:

Was there ever an explanation about how Mewtwo got a mega evolution/mega stone considering that it was created in lab?

mew gave birth to it

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I want a gameplay gimmick that isn't from that one GameFreak writer that's obsessed with rock collecting.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shneak posted:

I want a gameplay gimmick that isn't from that one GameFreak writer that's obsessed with rock collecting.

my gameplay gimmick is pokemon snap but with breath of the wild controls and you walk around with your favorite pokemon, who uses various "moves" to change the weather or interact with the environment to get pokemon to appear so you can take photos of them

there is no battling, or catching pokemon

hire me nintendo i can even program it myself

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
They didn't make a new Pokemon Snap for the Wii U, it's never coming back :(

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I was gonna start a playthrough of White last night for hahas, but couldn't get the DS Download Play thing to work to transfer my Zekrom off it (might as well bring it into bank, never hurts to have more trade fodder). It kept saying to insert a compatible cartridge. Is this feature maybe just so old it doesn't work right anymore?
Whatever. Not a huge deal; I'm replaying Black2 instead. Trying to use mediocre mons I never gently caress with usually.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Next month Smogon is having a vote about banning Gothorita and Gothitelle to Anything Goes :palmon:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

mew gave birth to it

Mew gave live birth to a genetically altered freak embryo that was created in a lab

e: by Nazi scientists that had fled to South America, iirc

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 17, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

indigi posted:

Mew gave live birth to a genetically altered freak embryo that was created in a lab

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Ok, so TWO genetically altered freaks.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

less laughter posted:

Next month Smogon is having a vote about banning Gothorita and Gothitelle to Anything Goes :palmon:

..why?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Because shadow tag removes the only thing that kind of makes pokemon a video game

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Trap and PP stall bulky mons, making them useless in the tier and making matches 50 turns longer.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Diet Poison posted:

I was gonna start a playthrough of White last night for hahas, but couldn't get the DS Download Play thing to work to transfer my Zekrom off it (might as well bring it into bank, never hurts to have more trade fodder). It kept saying to insert a compatible cartridge. Is this feature maybe just so old it doesn't work right anymore?
Whatever. Not a huge deal; I'm replaying Black2 instead. Trying to use mediocre mons I never gently caress with usually.

If you're trying to get a pokemon from 5th gen to Bank, you need the Poke Transporter 3DS app, which is downloaded through Bank. The transfer lab in BW/BW2 that requires a second cart is for moving pokemon from 4th gen to 5th.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Because Shadow Tag kind of completely destroys like the one interesting thing about pokemon gameplay and makes matches drag on for eternity.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Because Shadow Tag kind of completely destroys like the one interesting thing about pokemon gameplay and makes matches drag on for eternity.

E: What about Mega Gengar?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rudoku posted:

drat the accursed unripe eggplant ghost into hell and oblivion

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rudoku posted:

Dies in 1 hit so the stall doesn't actually exist.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Confide
- Charm
- Taunt
- Rest

Gothorita @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charm
- Confide
- Taunt
- Rest

These two mons are miserable to face and should probably be kicked. They can very easily trap a fair few mons that have to sit on the bench being completely useless until the Goths are removed.

Support Arceus formes (Water, Ground, Fairy, Dragon)
Defensive Ho-Oh lacking Whirlwind
Choice Scarf Xerneas
Choice Scarf Yveltal (locked into Foul Play or Oblivion Wing)
Defensive Zygarde-C lacking Dragon Tail
Defensive Necrozma-DM lacking SD or Solganium Z
Ferrothorn, Toxapex, Skarmory, and Celesteela that lack Shed Shell
Lugia lacking Dragon Tail
Chansey

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

competitive pokémon was a mistake

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

oddium posted:

competitive pokémon was a mistake

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Rudoku posted:

It has to mega first so it doesn't trap you the turn it comes in along with less bulk

Competitive pokemon sucks and is stupid but the only kind of similar asymmetrical chess experience is playing a 4x game against another person which takes about five hours longer and doesn't have as many cartoon rabbits

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 18, 2018

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

the best competitive Pokémon is the "Other Metagames" where game mechanics are messed around in fun ways. Suicide cup is really silly and scalemons is legitimately interesting

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

I am Reverend posted:

It has to mega first so it doesn't trap you the turn it comes in along with less bulk

Competitive pokemon sucks and is stupid but the only kind of similar asymmetrical chess experience is playing a 4x game against another person which takes about five hours longer and doesn't have as many cartoon rabbits

Pokemon Conquest needs to return in some form. gently caress that game was good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VanSandman posted:

Pokemon Conquest needs to return in some form. gently caress that game was good.

I agree. It definitely had a bunch of flaws but, knowing they exist, they could be fixed and make a really good game considering the core of the game proper was very solid. It likely won't happen though, considering we haven't heard anything about it in years.

I think MD is the only long-living spinoff franchise I can trust to keep living at this point. Even its contemporary Ranger died. Pokemon has so much potential that goes unused, sigh.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think that a bulky psychic type strangling box legendaries with its bare hands is extremely funny and should stay.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Eox posted:

I think that a bulky psychic type strangling box legendaries with its bare hands is extremely funny and should stay.

But it doesn't actually do that it just stands there and tells them secrets and looks at them enticingly for 70 turns until either the pokemon kills itself or its trainer does

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I am Reverend posted:

But it doesn't actually do that it just stands there and tells them secrets and looks at them enticingly for 70 turns until either the pokemon kills itself or its trainer does

so like that I-don't-even-remember-what from gen 1 that I had with like sleep minimize rest and tail whip or something

the kids at the card store hated me

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

so like that I-don't-even-remember-what from gen 1 that I had with like sleep minimize rest and tail whip or something

the kids at the card store hated me

In gen 1 my friend had a chansey with minimize, soft boiled and I think seismic toss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Eox posted:

I think that a bulky psychic type strangling box legendaries with its bare hands is extremely funny

This Godkiller doesn't even have hands