Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

He doesn’t always. He has several sets that he likes to swap out.

No, I’m not joking.

i like this interpretation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Having stunned Oscar with a dropkick, Nyave signals to Princess and they set up their tag-team finisher

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

Having stunned Oscar with a dropkick, Nyave signals to Princess and they set up their tag-team finisher

OH MY GOD ITS THE STONE COLD STUNNER

( also Cat Master lives )

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

i like this interpretation

Pretty sure Abaddon did say earlier that this was canon.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
if cat master's corpse is never shown on-screen i will always have hope in my heart.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
of course it had to be a dropkick

and of course she had to be carefully holding her hair back because she is a Lady of Class

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oxxidation posted:

of course it had to be a dropkick

and of course she had to be carefully holding her hair back because she is a Lady of Class

There was a whole year worth of classes on making sure your hair doesn't get out of place.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
alt text link

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thanks!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
This would be more accurate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8rH8zxA64&t=113s

I figured Oskar would have to job eventually, but I was hoping it would be later, and to a more interesting character.

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s the wide eyes and big, permanent smile that make Oscar look endearingly silly. Observe how the second image entirely does away with those.
His jaw is a loving skull, other than his eyes he always has the exact same expression, aside from the handful of times we've seen his mouth open.

Also, for those of you still trying to white knight the devils as misunderstood ne'er-do-wells or victims of circumstance instead of homicidal monsters:

quote:

"The devils utter the Night Curse with nary a breath of trepidation. They are wary and suspicious creatures, and superstition suits them. Each of them has separately come to the conclusion that when looked at the right way, any living being can easily be thought of as meat.”

– Gen, Ghost Market Trader

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 17, 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Thats just accurate though.

Get over your devil hate you loving racist

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, for those of you still trying to white knight the devils as misunderstood ne'er-do-wells or victims of circumstance instead of homicidal monsters:

It's not that they aren't homicidal monsters, so much that they're not uniquely homicidal monsters.

drat near every character in the comic is a murderer by now. Devils ain't special in that regard.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Oh sure take the word of a guy who trades in ghosts.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Devils bad, bad devils

-human soul trafficker

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I genuinely can't imagine being this hung up over devils in k6bd.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Xarbala posted:

I genuinely can't imagine being this hung up over devils in k6bd.

I mean part of the joke is its an enormous philosophical debate couched in the guise of dumb comics theorizing, but I wouldn't expect an old man like you to understand fandom culture, you filthy gaijin

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Much like D&D posters, devils are incapable of rising above their base, petty natures.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

I figured Oskar would have to job eventually, but I was hoping it would be later, and to a more interesting character.

Do you think this is... him losing?

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if Cat Master survives, he'll evolve enough to be able to speak? And if so what is he going to say?

Besides 'Who's a good kitty? You're a good kitty! Kitty kitty kitty kitty.'

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

pales apparently are secretly rad so I dunno if they fit anywhere in the hierarchy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Patware posted:

Do you think this is... him losing?

It does kind of set him up for a fairly thorough stomping. He’s up against two ex-ebons (one currently a red like him) an angel, and whatever backup Nyaeve and the others can provide, and he just lost his grip on his trump card. He may somehow be able to pull this out of the bag, but things aren’t currently looking good for him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres also you know

The small matter of a battle between two demigods and their armies.

While they sit in a ship from Mottoms side.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This entire ship,

is a devil

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
p sure thats just a figurehead

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Tollymain posted:

if its the ship they stole its already canonized the engine is made of devils.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, but iirc its specifically unmasked devilstuff

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

The hollow shells of angels are used as public transport and high-rise real estate. You really think there’s such a thing as ‘just a figurehead’ in this setting?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
The question about Oskar was never “is he a villain” but “what sort of villain is he.” The last few pages knocked out a couple of archetypes - he could have been more of a double-crossing scoundrel - and established him as something darker.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tollymain posted:

Yeh but it's funnier if the entire boat is a devil

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

He’s up against two ex-ebons (one currently a red like him) an angel, and whatever backup Nyaeve and the others can provide

You forgot the new team member

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I hope the cat stays

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Reene posted:

I hope the cat stays

This is why Catmaster becomes a Pursuer.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

The hollow shells of angels are used as public transport and high-rise real estate. You really think there’s such a thing as ‘just a figurehead’ in this setting?

Gods corpses are used as building materials, Prime Angel shells are the public transit.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

It does kind of set him up for a fairly thorough stomping. He’s up against two ex-ebons (one currently a red like him) an angel, and whatever backup Nyaeve and the others can provide, and he just lost his grip on his trump card. He may somehow be able to pull this out of the bag, but things aren’t currently looking good for him.

Oscar is ebon. Mask color doesn't necessarily correspond with rank, once you reach ebon. Abbadon's posted about it before, ebons kinda just look however they want.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oscar's ebon? im going to need a link lmao

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah I don't think that's right.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Tollymain posted:

oscar's ebon? im going to need a link lmao

The tumblr search function is broken. :(

e: ya ok nvm, think I was remembering wrong. http://orbitaldropkick.tumblr.com/image/117329549016

Niavmai fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 17, 2018

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

sirtommygunn posted:

This is why Catmaster becomes a Pursuer.

The big pale boi just wants his lil friend back

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Niavmai posted:

Oscar is ebon.

If enough people think he is, then he will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

It's not that they aren't homicidal monsters, so much that they're not uniquely homicidal monsters.

drat near every character in the comic is a murderer by now. Devils ain't special in that regard.
What makes devils special isn't that they kill, it's that (aside from maybe Cio) they are apparently incapable of empathy. They aren't the worst villains in the universe, the majority of the Seven are human after all, but that's because devils and angels don't have the same heights of potential as humans and servants. It's the price they pay for immortality. In this setting, some humans are OK, and some are really, really bad, but every single devil is a predator.