Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

If Chad Pennington can do it, Drew can too.

McCownCopter.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

He scrambled for a freakin touchdown in that one game last season where the team ran for over 300 yards. Pretty sure Kamara, Ingram and Brees all got touchdowns on the ground that game

Haha, yeah fuckin' Buffalo

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000875607/Drew-Brees-can-t-find-anyone-open-runs-in-the-TD-himself

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Neato

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That's good of them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Should have sent him a DB number and let him start.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

If Chad Pennington can do it, Drew can too.

If Adrian Peterson says you're in crazy good shape even after getting traded away from your team, you're in crazy good shape.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Are the Bucs uniforms always that reflective? That's a neat effect.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Someone needs to put a cleat through his heart imo

https://twitter.com/Justin_FOX5/status/1007342598829338624?s=19

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dude. WTF did Schaub ever do to you?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Get traded right before Vick’s indictment?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Nothing persay. I just can't justify his contract at this point in time...tho admittedly, not entirely sure what the backup qb salaries go for these days but I feel like his $4.5m cap hit is a little...excessive.

In all honestly, I just thought it was a hilarious way to have your backup qb close out mini camp.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

weird Asian candy posted:

Nothing persay. I just can't justify his contract at this point in time...tho admittedly, not entirely sure what the backup qb salaries go for these days but I feel like his $4.5m cap hit is a little...excessive.

In all honestly, I just thought it was a hilarious way to have your backup qb close out mini camp.

That's definitely one of the higher cap hits for a backup and probably Shaub not worth it. Nick Foles is getting 13M, Sam Bradford over 10, Bridgewater 6M (but those three may very well start games). Most backups are well under 3 with the majority even under 1 million.

It probably seems like a waste no matter how much it is when you have a QB like Matty Ice who has only missed two games in his entire frickin career

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
About to fly in to Atlanta for DR work for a week. Any decent places in Northeast Atlanta to grab a bite?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

About to fly in to Atlanta for DR work for a week. Any decent places in Northeast Atlanta to grab a bite?

You have a car?

Just go to Buford highway and let your heart guide you.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Silly Burrito posted:

There’s lots of good restaurants in the bluffs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

here you go silly burrito

https://www.accessatlanta.com/places/restaurant/beginner-guide-eating-around-buford-highway/wDIqENiMvTOYldUu1MOr4L/

my favorite place is Lee's. It's a poo poo hole at the end of a random rear end strip mall. You can get two banh mi's and a bowl of pho for like 9 dollars. Also they sell the rolls they make for like 50 cents a pop.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

edit:

okay so, ITP NE ATL, my parents dig this place a lot:

Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ
Fox Brothers in Decatur is good and probably worth the drive for bbq.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 17, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Swing by the varsity for lunch if you hate your butthole.
Der Biergarten is downtown, but it's got some good eats and beer selection.
Breakfast spot would be Home Grown.

northeast atlanta my god

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

northeast atlanta my god

Okay, idk what people mean by that, north-east in the city or northeast ITP.

Don't pretend like that's clear, our city is bullshit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure how much time we will have to explore since we are bring up a test DR environment around the clock, but if we do, I will give some of those a try.

I think I'm staying at a hotel that is on a street with Peachtree in the name. 😁

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Okay, idk what people mean by that, north-east in the city or northeast ITP.

Don't pretend like that's clear, our city is bullshit.

Varsity is in midtown, homegrown is in east Atlanta off memorial, fox brothers is within walking distance of little five and biergarten is on hecking Edgewood.

Waikiki is in like north Druid hills, the bbq joint you’re thinking of is community q, and even that is not close to northeast.

The farthest north east thing you mentioned is less northeast than like Brookhaven.

Turn in your fast pass and get the gently caress back to marietta you otp trash. Stay off the loving beltline.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Varsity is in midtown, homegrown is in east Atlanta off memorial, fox brothers is within walking distance of little five and biergarten is on hecking Edgewood.

Waikiki is in like north Druid hills, the bbq joint you’re thinking of is community q, and even that is not close to northeast.

The farthest north east thing you mentioned is less northeast than like Brookhaven.

Turn in your fast pass and get the gently caress back to marietta you otp trash. Stay off the loving beltline.

I legit refuse to concede that the Waikiki isn't NE Atlanta as gently caress. It's off Briarcliff near Clairmont and North Druid Hills. Fox Bros is worth going to ~regardless~ just because you're in Atlanta.

I'm from Dekalb/Gwinnett tho, so fuckin' PLEASE with this Marietta judgement.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 17, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Fox Bros there’s a big BBQ thing here in Chicago I’m a few weeks and they’re going to be there. Super stoked

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Drive to downtown Marietta and eat at either Marietta Pizza Kitchen or La Parilla Mexican. Get dessert at the Australian Bakery.

E: Ted's Montana Grille is a good chain option.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pershing posted:

Drive to downtown Marietta and eat at either Marietta Pizza Kitchen or La Parilla Mexican. Get dessert at the Australian Bakery.

E: Ted's Montana Grille is a good chain option.

what the gently caress is this post

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sounds like we need to reboot Atlanta again

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

a good troll

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

FizFashizzle posted:

Options should he want to stay OTP.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wife bought me tickets to the Bucs Redskins game for Father's Day. I'm excited. Leaving North Dakota for Florida in November is a major win.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Nice to finally meet one of what I suspect are about 30 people who live in north Dakota. Have a fun trip of it!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, that's a flavor combo I've never seen before, Atlanta. I have no idea how tasty a collard greens quesadilla would be but drat if I'm not intrigued.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Their food truck owns.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

collard greens quesadilla

:frogon:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, that's a flavor combo I've never seen before, Atlanta. I have no idea how tasty a collard greens quesadilla would be but drat if I'm not intrigued.

gonna need to trek down to that strip mall.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Quick someone open up a hipster knockoff called "Blatino" in Oregon and make a ton of money.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Quick someone open up a hipster knockoff called "Blatino" in Oregon and make a ton of money.

Or the more unfortunate mash-up and open it in Alabama.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Would the white version just be Taco Bell?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Would the white version just be Taco Bell?

Carlos O'Kelly's

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 20, 2018

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
In honor of JPP coming to the Bucs I got my fireworks supply in today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wrap it up

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1009476876123815936