Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I don't know if there are plugins for most games but I use Motec, which is free, for iRacing to analyze telemetry. It takes some time to tweak your workbook but it works well.

Are they still offering the free version? I thought there was a problem with one of their customers (since Motec is used in quite a lot of racecars) not wanting the software out there for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

tuo posted:

Are they still offering the free version? I thought there was a problem with one of their customers (since Motec is used in quite a lot of racecars) not wanting the software out there for free.

i2 Pro doesn't require a key or any login, but I don't know what you get when you pay for a license. I do know there are plugins for rFactor and AC to export data to a readable format for Motec.

quote:

This Licence allows individual PCs to open any MoTeC log file in i2 Pro. Its also available directly from their site. The log files can be analysed using all i2 Pro features but are saved in their original format.

This is particularly useful for those that use i2 Pro software on one computer to analyse Standard and/or Pro log files from many MoTeC logging devices.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Motec licenses the firmware that plugs in basically. You pay for resolution. Im pretty sure they dont have seperate licenses for the software.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

tuo posted:

Looking forward to reviews. I'm currently using Z1software suite (which ain't free), and am quite happy, but more software is always good :)

http://www.z1simwheel.com/analyzer/index.cfm

This looks very good too, drat near maybe even better for sim than motec. They should get this on steam, thanks for the link though. Im gonna still try this new one solely because its on steam and auto updates and i wont forget i own it lol otherwise id totally grab that one instead.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can someone find me the assetto Corsa video with music playing and a bunch of the drivers riding scooters or just flying down the track ? It was part of the first post at some point but I guess was removed.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYV9wLs7D8g

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
What's a reputable place to get Assetto Corsa mods outside Steam?

There are some tracks that aren't in the official Steam system but all the mod sites I'm finding look sketchy.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

What's a reputable place to get Assetto Corsa mods outside Steam?

There are some tracks that aren't in the official Steam system but all the mod sites I'm finding look sketchy.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/ac-tracks.8/?order=rating_weighted

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RD likes to pretend it's something other than just the site everyone goes to for mods.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
There’s a lot of cool stuff here:

https://assettocorsa.club/index.php?q=en/

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah thanks guys.

I should have asked this a month ago when I got bored of the stock tracks

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

GutBomb posted:

There’s a lot of cool stuff here:

https://assettocorsa.club/index.php?q=en/

I always found that site to be a bit too flooded with really low effort rips, especially the cars. Rip model from Forza, throw some default physics at, done.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Is there anything unusual about the RD website?

I can access it fine over mobile data but if I use my house internet it doesn't even find the site.

I tried multiple browsers and settings with no luck.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

No, it should work just fine. There's also this site: https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot
Don't miss out on the insane Spa '66 (the Lotus 49 or Ferrari 312 are perfect for it).

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GhostDog posted:

I always found that site to be a bit too flooded with really low effort rips, especially the cars. Rip model from Forza, throw some default physics at, done.

Oh I pretty much use it for tracks. Not a lot of cars I’m interested in there.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

I can access it fine over mobile data but if I use my house internet it doesn't even find the site.

I tried multiple browsers and settings with no luck.

Not really.

In my experience that's most often a DNS problem. Maybe try another DNS server, restart your router if if it caches DNS entries, do a traceroute etc.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

GhostDog posted:

Not really.

In my experience that's most often a DNS problem. Maybe try another DNS server, restart your router if if it caches DNS entries, do a traceroute etc.

Thanks, changing DNS did the trick.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nope, it was way more action packed. May have even been a gooncar montage. Possibly with danger zone as the soundtrack but I can't be sure.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I ended up buying tt isle of man instead of messing with telemetry app.

Get this game holy loving poo poo its good. Millstone is sooooo hosed. I havent played much i know the career sucks but it is loving good. It feels better than any sim ive ever played, millstone is really in a tough spot if these guys make another game. Every sim could learn a thing or two from this.

The sound is better than any sim they win that poo poo hands down. Constant loving goosebumps, they really did it up. Backfire crackle isnt some looping poo poo these are some snarling rear end bikes its just incredible and you hear those pops shifting around echoing off that one wall over there type poo poo its just ridiculous.

Feels way better than ride 2. Has a bug where the bikes spin like a car if you lock up both tires but it happens when you are well past the point you would eat poo poo one way or the other so its imo kinda of a non issue.

Seriously wait for the price that appeals to you i guess but definetly try this poo poo, theres a lot here thats my new high bar for sims. It conveys speed and piloting a machine better than anything on the market, so many little details come together it really is an amazing sim, im totally blown away.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kylotonn have been farting out lovely racing games for a while (they have the WRC licence right now and did the most recent bad Flatout game) so I wouldn't get your hopes up over them managing something decent for once.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Well this is beyond decent. If this were just ride 2 with a long track i wouldnt even have mentioned it. It is missing poo poo, im not even sure you can tune but its good anyways. I expected it to feel janky but it doesnt i had the impression it had some serious money behind it.

Part of it is simulating bikes is always poo poo so they did everything else to make it feel real, its very much more towards the pcars end of things. That said it may be more realistic i have no idea. The differences between bikes is pretty pronounced and the bike feels like its reacting more but it may be a weird camera trick for all i know. It works though.

Sucks if they cant go anywhere with it but its filling a good niche either way.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

Well this is beyond decent. If this were just ride 2 with a long track i wouldnt even have mentioned it. It is missing poo poo, im not even sure you can tune but its good anyways. I expected it to feel janky but it doesnt i had the impression it had some serious money behind it.

Part of it is simulating bikes is always poo poo so they did everything else to make it feel real, its very much more towards the pcars end of things. That said it may be more realistic i have no idea. The differences between bikes is pretty pronounced and the bike feels like its reacting more but it may be a weird camera trick for all i know. It works though.

Sucks if they cant go anywhere with it but its filling a good niche either way.

Can I experience motorcycle death in VR yes/no?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Im not sure whether it has vr support. It would be terrifying. It wouldnt really work well either until you memorize the track imo, being able to see and read the end of a straight through tree tunnels is loving hard, anything that makes it harder to see clearly would up the difficulty quite a bit. My god that would be intense though.

E:also i bought it on xbone because i wanted to play on a big screen. It looks and performs real well on xbone but better anti aliasing especially for shadows would make this easier, so pc is probably the way to go. It would make a big difference.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 20, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Crashing a bike in first person mode of GTAV tells me a bike crash in VR is an instant vomit situation.

That said, first person in the MotoGP games is a rush even though they're more of an arcade game. I only ever did it on a normal flat panel, but you feel like a complete badass when you nail the entry to biondetti at mugello and the horizon is swaying back and forth and you never even need to think about letting off the gas.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Yeah this one the camera does a front flip so you end up looking at the front of the bike upside down and your guy flies off. Its kinda weird. Their animations are the weakest part of the game a lot are just missing. So like instead of of sliding out when you eat poo poo it would spin the bike eject the rider and flop the camera lol. None of it matching any of what actually happened. They just dont have the animations for any of it post crash.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well when a rider high sides, the front nose upside down is usually what they end up seeing in the instant before they crash to the pavement and black out.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

A lap takes 20 mins but the upper limit of my gf's add is 15 mins so this is basically never gonna work without rewind. Also i think im dating a cat.

E: 3 or 4 days playing to get a clean lap in, lol its not even good 21.04. It felt like a god teir lap to me lol, Ppl have 15 min laps on the leaderboard. Jesus christ.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 21, 2018

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

I picked up Wreckfest last weekend, and haven't gone back to any other games since. How is this so much fun?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Went to buy that sim racing telemetry app but the two reviews make it sound lacking compared to motec. Like somebody else mentioned setting up the motec workbook so you can actually use the data in a way that makes things more understandable is the hard part. It sounds like they havent really grappled with this yet and there isnt easily customizable graphs so for me id rather just pay for a app that can dump the raw data.

The one linked earlier looked like they had put a lot of effort into that side of things and was more user friendly. That i could see paying for but this one just doesnt seem ready yet. I wishlisted it to keep an eye on it but im not feeling it.

Did the one linked earlier support pcars? If so i think im gonna grab it. Any complaints?

E: http://www.z1simwheel.com/m/analyzer/index.cfm

This is the one im thinking of but no pcars 2? Ugh. Also would that dump raw data i could use in motec if i wanted to?

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 23, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

Went to buy that sim racing telemetry app but the two reviews make it sound lacking compared to motec. Like somebody else mentioned setting up the motec workbook so you can actually use the data in a way that makes things more understandable is the hard part. It sounds like they havent really grappled with this yet and there isnt easily customizable graphs so for me id rather just pay for a app that can dump the raw data.

The one linked earlier looked like they had put a lot of effort into that side of things and was more user friendly. That i could see paying for but this one just doesnt seem ready yet. I wishlisted it to keep an eye on it but im not feeling it.

Did the one linked earlier support pcars? If so i think im gonna grab it. Any complaints?

E: http://www.z1simwheel.com/m/analyzer/index.cfm

This is the one im thinking of but no pcars 2? Ugh. Also would that dump raw data i could use in motec if i wanted to?

Just enable the PCars1 telemetry in PCars2. I have that enabled because some of my stuff didn't play nice with PCars2 allthough it should have worked (mainly the motion rig). Don't know if they patched that yet, because everything is working wonderfully for Pcars2 if I enable the Pcars1 telemetry. I can only assume I miss maybe some telemetry by doing that? Never checked...but it works, also with Z1.

The nice thing about Z1 is - if you are in turbo-nerd mode like me - it comes with a server. You can setup the server and then access the data from various machines (or add data from various machines), and the data format is quite open, so you can even built your own apps to access it or export/import etc. Plus you can access it from android tablets to check your stuff while sitting on the couch (or build a webapp for it and access it from anything with a web browser).

I am really happy with the Z1 software, it works as advertised.

btw, their facebook site mentions this:
"Version 1.11 of the Z1 Analyzer is now available. This telemetry analysis application allows you to view the telemetry and provides detailed analysis and suggestions based on that telemetry for Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, Codemasters F1 sims, iRacing, rFactor 1 & 2, RaceRoom, Project Cars 1 & 2, Kart Racing Pro and Game Stock Car."

I haven't upgraded to that version, if you want to, I can check out if it actually supports Pcars 2 native telemetry (without the need to put it in Pcars 1 mode).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

e: regarding to the forums, it works with Pcars 2:

http://www.z1simwheel.com/forums/messages.cfm?threadid=F1565C23-F48E-38C1-7970DE1F4CA1B8B6

But you only get one temp reading per tyre (gently caress me, I didn't even know the Z1 software tries to keep track of inner tyre, center tyre, outer tyre temps because I'm running an older version...time to update I guess to get even more telemetry I can pretend to fully understand).

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe
Guys, I think we may have reached peak simracing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRzMxpJBos

Get it for AC at Racedepartment - it's pretty good fun. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lego-hot-rod.21669/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They should be silent and actual size. :v:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

80 minute laps on Brands

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

tuo posted:

e: regarding to the forums, it works with Pcars 2:

http://www.z1simwheel.com/forums/messages.cfm?threadid=F1565C23-F48E-38C1-7970DE1F4CA1B8B6

But you only get one temp reading per tyre (gently caress me, I didn't even know the Z1 software tries to keep track of inner tyre, center tyre, outer tyre temps because I'm running an older version...time to update I guess to get even more telemetry I can pretend to fully understand).

Thanks. Yeah this sucks those are actually what im after. Ac never gave out that raw data either. Its baffling it the most fundamental aspects of track tuning is knowing that temp gradient. Like ac even recorded slip angles but not this, weird as hell decision imo.

E: to be clear its weird on pcars part to think people werent interested in that data.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 23, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

"Which one of these buttons locks the GPS onto Flavortown?"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please do not post pics of me in my simrig

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I think this is what kids mean with "cursed image."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

super nailgun posted:

I picked up Wreckfest last weekend, and haven't gone back to any other games since. How is this so much fun?

Am i crazy or was this called something else? I dont remember buying this version or whatever it is, but it is really good. Maybe it was a demo for preordering that i played or something because it was just the destruction derby stuff i think.