Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jose posted:

i'm going to be on a train and miss the match :negative:

How many trains do you take, wtf

Also fix the thread tag, this golden generation of Belgian players deserves something better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CrazyinRussia/status/1007355302356967425

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amai, hup belgie ze! Laten we hopen op een schoon overwinningske!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXr-nLock7k

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Lindelöf is apparently sick so Pontus Jansson replaces him at the back. Rip

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
it's coming home

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

im on a training course so i cant watch the earlier matches but you can be sure I'll be making an arse of myself in the hotel bar tonight

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fridge corn posted:

im on a training course so i cant watch the earlier matches but you can be sure I'll be making an arse of myself in the hotel bar tonight

Same but at 2pm local

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mrenda posted:

I'm worried that the wuruld cup won't be as much fun today. All the shitposters and snarky commenters will be at work. I'll have to watch the matches with only the odd dismissive comment.

lol if you don't work from home so you can watch all the matches

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also im ready for 6 bad teams today

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol if you work

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

vyelkin posted:

lol if you don't work from home so you can watch all the matches

I'm getting read to sit myself in front of the TV (and announcing goals 30 seconds before the people on the streams get them.) I'm talking about the social aspects of shitposting, where the mass of shitposts may be lessened due to intolerant employers.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mrenda posted:

I'm getting read to sit myself in front of the TV (and announcing goals 30 seconds before the people on the streams get them.) I'm talking about the social aspects of shitposting, where the mass of shitposts may be lessened due to intolerant employers.

True, poor bastards.

Sweden did pretty well in getting to the World Cup, let's see if they can sweep away Worst Korea.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

also im ready for 6 bad teams today

are the #USMNT fielding 6 squads today haha

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

oliwan posted:

lol if you work

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol if you havent taken holiday time to watch the world cup without interruption ftw

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lmao @ any human being who doesnt work from home and can watch the world cup naked while making fat stacks op

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Another match with an unfair height advantage. I bet Sweden picked their tallest guys on purpose, shameful stuff.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol if you're not a being of pure posting energy that transcends space and time

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

weak anthems all around i think were in for another bad match

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im hype for italy v korea, classic matchup

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao Joel Aguilar officiating a World Cup match, where’s the referee poster to let you know that this guy is the worst concacaf ref?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

lol if you havent taken holiday time to watch the world cup without interruption ftw

The first day of the world cup was the day after my last exam of the year so I've been sitting on the sofa watching every game ever since and it's loving ace

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm hoping both teams go for the win here because they really can't afford a draw after what happened yesterday

Worst case they get too scared to lose and it's the worst game in existence which is a real worry since the Swedes don't seem confident in anything except their defending

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Incredibly disappointed that no broadcaster has decided to stream a live 24/7 Maradonna reaction cam for this match

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bogan Krkic posted:

im hype for italy v korea, classic matchup

you better hope GD never sees this post

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
The Swede's anthem performance is quiet determination, firey applause after, but with a hint of anticipation and nerves as expected. South Korea begins with their first man rapt, with eyes closed. Three of them filled with emotion, and one with their hand over their heart and people praying in the crowd. I'd have it down as a win in the anthems for South Korea if it wasn't for the Swedish captain's laughter during the coin toss. I want Korea to get the win, but really can't predict this one.

Inflatablewoman
Jun 5, 2003

Malleus Scotorum
That mascot looked nervous. I wonder what he overheard??? :raise:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sweden vs South Korea
Ref: Joel Aguilar (SLV)
VAR: Mauro Vigliano (ARM)

Aguilar is CONCACAF's top non-American, non-Mexican referee. I have no idea what the powers that be see in him. He's... bad

Belgium vs Panama
Ref: Janny Sikazwe (ZAM)
VAR: Bastian Dankert (GER)

Did the African Cup of Nations final last year, and did the Club World Cup final the year before that, but doesn't have a lot to his name. Couple of Youth World Cup apperances where he didn't go very far. Has a german crew helping out with VAR, so that's a bonus at least.

Tunisia vs England
Ref: Wilman Roldan (COL)
VAR: Sandro Ricci (BRA)

Worked two group games in Brazil, the 2015 Copa America final between Chile and Argentina, and was on the USA/Ecuador quarterfinal for Copa America 2016. Should be a safe pair of hands

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Smirr posted:

you better hope GD never sees this post

gently caress tha police

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Looked like the Korean substitutes were listening to a Starcraft podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm hoping both teams go for the win here because they really can't afford a draw after what happened yesterday

Worst case they get too scared to lose and it's the worst game in existence which is a real worry since the Swedes don't seem confident in anything except their defending

Both teams hoping to win the game, real advanced analysis right here

• Locked thread