Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

just out of curiosity, does two headshots with one bullet qualify as "gangsta poo poo"? Because I feel you could make a case for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

There's really no other way that could have gone, honestly.

Also, yeesh, another frog killer? I guess the moral here is never trust anyone who's mean to amphibians, it's a major red flag.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Fantastic. :allears:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

What a good comic

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

There's really no other way that could have gone, honestly.

Also, yeesh, another frog killer? I guess the moral here is never trust anyone who's mean to amphibians, it's a major red flag.

I whole-heartedly endorse this post

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Gob, I saw your tweet and support your decision to focus on longer form comics.

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1006729925691244544

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Work with whatever schedule makes you happiest. The comic can only benefit from the extra energy you're able to put into it.

Unless it's too much energy and the comic reaches critical levels, killing everyone in the subsequent explosion.

It'll be great.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Thank you very, very much!

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 15, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

(for the idea)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

Work with whatever schedule makes you happiest. The comic can only benefit from the extra energy you're able to put into it.

Unless it's too much energy and the comic reaches critical levels, killing everyone in the subsequent explosion.

It'll be great.

I'll echo these comments

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No, thank you Gob!

Thob

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

No, thank you Gob!

Thob
Haha! Now I have to rewatch the entirety of Look Around You.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you can work in a box diabolique into the comic that'd be a blast.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm happy the comic is alive again.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Me too, I so love these dorks :allears:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Link for the lazy:

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1009863589824421888?s=21

Another update on Monday!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm glad that pfm Pasq and Allison's relationship is just as adorable as ih Pasq and ih Aurora's relationships with Allison.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But for real tho if anyone is ever rude to a puppy you need to cut them out of your life. And possibly just cut them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pasqualo giving that middle finger to her mirror. Just like, "I can't even deal with you today, gently caress off." :smith:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This comic is really incredibly powerful in its portrayal of depression and self-loathing, to a degree that I have rarely seen. It's not its main draw by any stretch but that's because it doesn't overdo it and makes the times where it does show up incredibly powerful, a lot like what it's like when you do have depression. So many lesser works just make it permeate the entirety of the story and the reality is that it is there but it only comes out to you in small moments where you relent and let it fully form, often when you least suspect it. For as much as this dumb comic is about dong jokes it's one of the most artful depictions of depression I've ever seen, and the fact that it's unbelievably funny actually serves that instead of detracting from it.

tl;dr comic real fuckin' good, in a lot of ways. That's how you can tell it's art, it works on many levels (I am frankly only being half-facetious here)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Jokes are the sugar that makes the depression go down.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Between this comic and Achewood I appreciate the realistic depiction of my brokebrains.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

ManlyGrunting posted:

This comic is really incredibly powerful in its portrayal of depression and self-loathing, to a degree that I have rarely seen. It's not its main draw by any stretch but that's because it doesn't overdo it and makes the times where it does show up incredibly powerful, a lot like what it's like when you do have depression. So many lesser works just make it permeate the entirety of the story and the reality is that it is there but it only comes out to you in small moments where you relent and let it fully form, often when you least suspect it. For as much as this dumb comic is about dong jokes it's one of the most artful depictions of depression I've ever seen, and the fact that it's unbelievably funny actually serves that instead of detracting from it.

tl;dr comic real fuckin' good, in a lot of ways. That's how you can tell it's art, it works on many levels (I am frankly only being half-facetious here)
Thank you so, so, very, very much. That really means the world to us. And I personally try my best to make the depiction of depression really work. I'm glad people seem to think it does!

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 27, 2018

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Update, I pretty much don't understand anything anymore and I love it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Filthy Haiku posted:

Update, I pretty much don't understand anything anymore and I love it.

Pasqualo really did a number on the fabric of reality.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I'm loving dying

Deodytus
Feb 13, 2012

That close up panel of Dad's face is the perfect creepy counterbalance to the goofy panel of ripped dad right before it.

This might not be new though, maybe Dadsqualo always had cereal activated Hulkism?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Pretty sure Pasq's dad is mixing himself up some Flaming Homers Moes, which continues to show his finer, vastly understated qualities.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Literally Kermit posted:

Pretty sure Pasq's dad is mixing himself up some Flaming Homers Moes Obtuseangelos, which continues to show his finer, vastly understated qualities.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Oh no the best shirt :ohdear:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The shirt should grow with him, but the letters on the back should move to the front. A real missed opportunity IMO.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Literally Kermit posted:

Pretty sure Pasq's dad is mixing himself up some Flaming Homers Moes, which continues to show his finer, vastly understated qualities.

Definitely, one of the bottles on the table is cough syrup.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tendales posted:

Oh no the best shirt :ohdear:

I'm sure the hat will regenerate the shirt as soon as Ob shrinks back to normal size.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Deodytus posted:

That close up panel of Dad's face is the perfect creepy counterbalance to the goofy panel of ripped dad right before it.

This might not be new though, maybe Dadsqualo always had cereal activated Hulkism?

Clearly the hat was a limiter device, and the cereal damaged it somehow. Now Obtuseangelo's full power is unleashed and he is unable to control it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

WHAT DID YALL THINK THIS WAS

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I look forward to comic 34

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

WHAT DID YALL THINK THIS WAS

It's the proof that supernatural exists.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
ITs a hulk hat. Hence why its purple.

the hulks power was in his pants all along

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
hahaha, this is why ih-pasqualo ate the hat, ih-pasqualo always knew that was the source of his power

you can tell pfm-pasqualo also knows from her reaction

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh my god he has a Weighted DBZ Hat

edit: several days later, I was watching a speedrun of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64 and this guard has a face that is 100% Dad:

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 10, 2018