Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Mmm, yes, let's short IQ today, what could go wrong.

Early is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
gently caress it, I'm buying JD and MU calls, expiring next week. If you can't beat the meme, become the meme

Also loving lol at WTW, this market has gone full retard

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 18, 2018

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

gently caress missed the LFIN entry as well :eng99:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

greasyhands posted:

gently caress it, I'm buying JD and MU calls, expiring next week. If you can't beat the meme, become the meme

Also loving lol at WTW, this market has gone full retard

:staredog:

I moved my MSFT position into MU today prior to this post :henget: come to papa

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol gevo alternative fuel for Alaskan airlines though!

going for +300% lol jfc

its a +150% intraday move :staredog:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jack Daniels posted:

going for +300% lol jfc

its a +150% intraday move :staredog:

When was their last r/s?

Lol I saw a gevo rep at a weather related convention and asked him about their alternative fuel/alaskan airlines flight a year or two ago and he didn't know what I was talking about

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

Jack Daniels posted:

gently caress missed the LFIN entry as well :eng99:

LOL all those puts gonna expire worthless

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

When was their last r/s?

Lol I saw a gevo rep at a weather related convention and asked him about their alternative fuel/alaskan airlines flight a year or two ago and he didn't know what I was talking about

couple weeks ago, 6/4 lol

post reverse split super pump.. little late tho :hmmyes:

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I sold my IQ calls that'd run up quite a bit Friday at market close. I thought, no way can this continue... welp it did. at least I was just on the sideline.

The GOOS is continuing to lay golden eggs for me...

I went ahead and averaged down on MU calls. Holding through earnings no matter what because I like to gamble. Have to imagine the market will be reminded of the 10 billion dollar buyback on the horizon.

I take that back, if it climbs 5% tomorrow I'll probably close out prior.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

proctorbot posted:

I sold my IQ calls that'd run up quite a bit Friday at market close. I thought, no way can this continue... welp it did. at least I was just on the sideline.

The GOOS is continuing to lay golden eggs for me...

I went ahead and averaged down on MU calls. Holding through earnings no matter what because I like to gamble. Have to imagine the market will be reminded of the 10 billion dollar buyback on the horizon.

I take that back, if it climbs 5% tomorrow I'll probably close out prior.

Please close out at if it does take 5%, earnings are not worth the risk I think. I dunno, I just can't predict them at all.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Please close out at if it does take 5%, earnings are not worth the risk I think. I dunno, I just can't predict them at all.

Not looking like I'll have to worry about that decision point!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, I was riding GEVO out until it fell to 0. Still basically a total loss what with all the reverse splits, but maybe I'll cash out finally.

edit:
:lol: I've got 1 share.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 19, 2018

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

lol more Trump says he's seeking more anti-china tariffs. Great.

I wonder at what point this really starts to filter down to consumer goods and what would be affected the most.

Maybe this will kill the drop shopping industry and SHOP lol.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Femtosecond posted:

lol more Trump says he's seeking more anti-china tariffs. Great.

I wonder at what point this really starts to filter down to consumer goods and what would be affected the most.

Maybe this will kill the drop shopping industry and SHOP lol.

US consumer spending is over $12 trillion. China exports a total of $500 billion to US. Assuming all Chinese imports trickle down to the consumer sector (horribly over simplified), you may see a 0.4% increase to inflation? Maybe? The dollar value of exports to China is negligible, so that isn't much of a concern for the broader economy (though probably not for farmers).

The concern is how the Chinese will react to western firms and investment. The Chinese version of state sponsored capitalism already unabashedly plays favorites to support local firms over foreign ones. I think people are concerned that they will double down on that strategy and purposefully make life more difficult for US multinationals, hurting revenue and profits and stock valuations.

From a simple import/export perspective, China has much more to lose and the effect of Chinese tariffs alone will be negligible on US economic performance. The concern is the side effects on geopolitics and the souring of the Chinese and US relationship.

Personally I think Trump is just trying to antagonize the Chinese into retaliating so he can take a heavier hand against them.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

$HMNY out of nowhere

in before some filing After Hours that was obviously leaked lol...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Lmao that volume ramp

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jack Daniels posted:

$HMNY out of nowhere

in before some filing After Hours that was obviously leaked lol...

I averaged down yesterday, I'm even now, I'm the smartest dumbass. short float almost 50% :D

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The $GME play finally making money, though if it gets bought out by private equity it’s gonna go the way of KB Toys.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

greasyhands posted:

Lmao that volume ramp

seriously haha

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Oh man r/s up to 250-1 lol
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1040792/000121390018007896/0001213900-18-007896-index.htm

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

lmfao omg :xd:

apparently there was some "flyer" that was passed to Chat rooms or thru the internets somehow..... epic Fake Pump right before the 1:250 r/s news + share increase to 2 Billion lmfao jesus christ

you can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Ge getting kicked off Dow. Down like 3% AH. Replaced by Walgreens of all things.

And like always, check out the volume (101k) on these put contracts today. The 14 strike had 43k volume.

Harry fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 19, 2018

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I keep saying that I really need to short NFLX at these prices, and yet NFLX keeps skyrocketing.

Fast approaching a $200 billion evaluation, on less than $1 billion EBITDA.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

How much do you think all that data is worth then?

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Harry posted:

Ge getting kicked off Dow. Down like 3% AH. Replaced by Walgreens of all things.

And like always, check out the volume (101k) on these put contracts today. The 14 strike had 43k volume.

Careful with the index management play. I feel that always goes in the contrarian direction.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Careful with the index management play. I feel that always goes in the contrarian direction.

Not even considering touching either.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/BagholderQuotes/status/1009229926220746752

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Arkane posted:

I keep saying that I really need to short NFLX at these prices, and yet NFLX keeps skyrocketing.

That's a hell of a ratio.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Arkane posted:

NFLX is a straight up insanity bubble, and I just lost a chunk of cash trying to short it.

And in HMNY news, it's becoming increasingly obvious that they are gaming Gotti RT audience scores. I think the people running HMNY are going to end up in legal trouble

https://www.businessinsider.com/gotti-positive-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score-raises-suspicions-2018-6

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 20, 2018

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
:pray: :pray: for MU today, Sanjay please announce a dividend on top of buybacks :pray: :pray:

Arkane posted:

If you think it's overvalued short it or buy some puts. I personally wouldn't bother trying in this bull market, there are easier ways to make money.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

greasyhands posted:

And in HMNY news, it's becoming increasingly obvious that they are gaming Gotti RT audience scores. I think the people running HMNY are going to end up in legal trouble

https://www.businessinsider.com/gotti-positive-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score-raises-suspicions-2018-6

Sketchy and unethical, yes for sure.

Illegal? How so? Movie studios do this poo poo all the time on Reddit etc

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
I don't mean specifically because of the reviews, I mean because, by all appearances, the management team is doing everything as unethically as imaginable. I have little doubt they are doing illegal things as well.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
SBUX is a bloodbath ow ow ow. Yesterday was a fair reaction but today it's plummeting (and they've been a large 56% of my holdings).

Heaven forbid they pause for a moment and shutter underperformed stores rather than let them limp along.

So now do I HODL or buy the falling knife 🤔

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
WTW is just pissing me off. That's a ludicrous valuation and it absolutely will not stay this high. This is why I seriously consider just parking in ETFs and ignoring this poo poo, because it doesn't make sense and it doesn't have to make sense- as long as it can be gamed it will be gamed, and all we can do is just ride along and hope we pick the right random direction. Something like WTW or NFLX is currently sitting at a valuation that is essentially mathematically impossible to grow into, assuming you are applying any kind of historically normal valuation analysis.I bought WTW at 5 and everyone made fun of me, then I sold it at $25 and everyone kind of shut up. Now it's over $100 and just what in the gently caress is going on? gently caress this market

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ryanbruce posted:

SBUX is a bloodbath ow ow ow. Yesterday was a fair reaction but today it's plummeting (and they've been a large 56% of my holdings).

Heaven forbid they pause for a moment and shutter underperformed stores rather than let them limp along.

I have no idea how they keep so many open. Within one block of my (admittedly pretty urban) apartment, there are AT LEAST three Starbucks. Among other coffee shops.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Fascism seems great for the stock market! Buy buy buy!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I was hoping you were still holding WTW! Everytime I saw that price I was like drat that goon is loving killing it

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Oracle's cloud numbers stopped accelerating so they stopped reporting cloud numbers

Capitalism is stupid

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Agronox posted:

I have no idea how they keep so many open. Within one block of my (admittedly pretty urban) apartment, there are AT LEAST three Starbucks. Among other coffee shops.

The crazy thing is that even with more SBUX locations, they only somewhat cannibalize market share from other locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Still not sure why closing 150 stores out of like 10 thousand leads to a huge selloff in SBUX, seems like a huge overreaction

Although I personally think their coffee is really bad but I seem to be in the minority