Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thankfully, Nintendo streamed about 30 hours of Smash Bros. footage for you to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm shopping around for a new phone, and all the ones that fit my needs are USB-C. All the chargers I own are micro-USB.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mikl posted:

I'm shopping around for a new phone, and all the ones that fit my needs are USB-C. All the chargers I own are micro-USB.

What's up, shopping-for-phone buddy? :respek:.

My requirement isn't micro-USB (because every single micro-USB device I own has these installed for convenience and because micro-USB, while durable, is eventually garbage a few years down the road in port tightness), but instead a headphone jack :negative:. I'm currently rocking an S5 from 2014-ish, and I have everything set up with headphone cables that they're just too convenient. I'm also kind of a headphone person, with six pairs currently in rotation not including earbuds. I'm not an audiophile or anything, but I do enjoy sound.

I think the LG V30+ is what I'm going to end up picking up.

E VVVV: Yeah, USB-C is the way to go. I'd pick up something like these for the transition period. Think about it this way: MicroUSB got a solid 10-year run, which was better than the way it was before with manufacturers doing their own thing, or mini-USB that very often damaged the connector versus the cable (that was the entire reason for MicroUSB: allegedly fragile cables and strong ports, comparatively).

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Jun 16, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The one I was thinking about is the new Moto G, the G6 (probably the plus). It would be a straight upgrade (I have a G4 right now), and has a headphone jack. But it's USB-C :sigh:

Ah well, I will have to upgrade sooner or later, won't I?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My kindle is starting to act weird and I'm 90% sure a factory reset will fix it but I don't wanna lose all my reading progress.

I threw a hail mary at the customer service email hoping they'd give me an awesome coupon for one of those 32gb oasis ones but I kinda doubt they will.

If we are doing family chat, both my siblings suck and my mom can only vent to me about them so while I have nothing to do with them, I still get to hear about the poo poo second hand.

My gf didn't call me tonight because she spent all night doing a live on Facebook and talking with other people via messenger (she does make up and health coaching stuff on there) and I feel slightly less special.

I'm also worried about lowtax's spine and these dead gay forums.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My kindle is starting to act weird and I'm 90% sure a factory reset will fix it but I don't wanna lose all my reading progress.
Are they kindle/amazon purchased books? If so, those are synced to your amazon account! Yay!
[/quote]

quote:

I'm also worried about lowtax's spine and these dead gay forums.

Same. Gonna be make or break pretty soon I think, and I don't want to have to do facebook. I dropped it last year because 99% of my actual interaction is here on these forums, anonymously. Lotta poo poo I can't/don't want to talk about on another forum or non-anonymous FB.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Mikl posted:

The one I was thinking about is the new Moto G, the G6 (probably the plus). It would be a straight upgrade (I have a G4 right now), and has a headphone jack. But it's USB-C :sigh:

If they're available in the US, check out the new Nokias (6/7/8). Yes, they're USB-C, but they have headphone jacks, fingerprint sensors, a really good camera, and are Android One (i.e. no manufacturer bloatware like e.g. Samsung). I have the 7+ and really like it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have everything set up with headphone cables that they're just too convenient. I'm also kind of a headphone person, with six pairs currently in rotation not including earbuds. I'm not an audiophile or anything, but I do enjoy sound.
My phone has a headphone output, and I still use this thing for convenience.

I glued a belt clip to it. The buttons are really useful for media playback. Couldn't tell any difference in sound quality really. Use with any pair of headphones you like. Built-in mic allows you to take calls with them. Can keep the receiver fairly close to the pocket where your phone is, so no drop-outs.

Yes,yes, yadda yadda another battery to charge. Otoh, you can buy a good phone now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

There are adapters for USB C to others.

poo poo, how bad are the forums looking? IE we dead in the water soon?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

My phone has a headphone output, and I still use this thing for convenience.

Guarantee you that won't drive half of my headphones. It's a nice solution for most situations, though.

I just don't see why the headphone jack is disappearing other than "copy apple!"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cowslips Warren posted:

There are adapters for USB C to others.

poo poo, how bad are the forums looking? IE we dead in the water soon?

SA has been about to die for like 8 years

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Guarantee you that won't drive half of my headphones. It's a nice solution for most situations, though.

I just don't see why the headphone jack is disappearing other than "copy apple!"
It will drive the same headphones a phone's output would drive. This was intended to be implied.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm on Project Fi so my phone options are very limited but they are all good phones. Upgrading the Nexus 6P to the Pixel 2 is $500 before trade in credit.

It's absolutely insane that a phone costs more than every game console and can barely make calls.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There was finally a clearance sticker for something I've been waiting to go cheap and they were all out. :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Update, ended up with a $30 discount on the Oasis that they added to my account. Can't swing it right now but it's definitely in my think about range assuming I can sell my nook and Paperwhite.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have an annoying coworker, and one of my other coworkers thinks they're annoying too, but the coworker that agrees with me CONSTANTLY complains about EVERYTHING so I don't want to vent to him and inadvertently encourage him. :sigh:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
PYF still isn’t the second forum listed so I still frequently click on FYAD.

I have some type of virus on my iPad (Apple says there’s no visuals lol no) so it randomly crashes sometimes, I can’t wipe it cause I have all my video game bookmarks on it. Also it’s old so the battery sucks and the battery sucked to begin with because I guess they couldn’t invent a battery that lasted past 2 hours of video watching on the mini retina.

It’s so hot outside that my car was like 150 degrees so when I went in the store and they asked if I wanted a bag I just mumbled something so the lady just threw a bag at me and I am very certain I looked like a crackhead because I was sweating like crazy and my car doesn’t have ac and my brain was fried from the heat.

E: brain possibly still fried from the heat.

E2: I have been standing unclothed in front of the ac with the cats since I posted this and my brain is ok now. One of my FWP fixed.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Jun 18, 2018

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thin Privilege posted:

E2: I have been standing unclothed in front of the ac with the cats since I posted this and my brain is ok now. One of my FWP fixed.
Meanwhile, on the Something Pawful forums, your cats are complaining that their human has been naked and hogging the AC.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sunswipe posted:

Something Pawful

Thank you for this.

-

I also have a FWP by proxy from a friend.

A super large American company decided to do one of those right-sizing things where they offer older employees a deal to quit or retire early because those people make too much money per year and new hires are eager and cheap.
As usual, way more people take the deal than they expected because "getting paid to quit" is nice. So they ended up paying out more than they allocated and losing more talent and knowledge than they anticipated.
That's fine. Do a skills assessment on all of the remaining employees and see what you have left.
It turns out, if you have enough people on staff who just sort of know all the stuff and if you work them 80 hours a week, with time + $6/hr for overtime instead of time and a half or double-time, it's still cheaper than hiring new people.
So, do that for three months going now with no signs of stopping. Ten hours working at the office, eight hours working at home, maybe eat, shower, sleep, do it again. Every day.

"How long are you going to put up with this? It's killing you, obviously."
"Until I die, I guess since my skills aren't transferable to any other business within a two hour drive and I can't afford to move my entire family to another state right now."

Yay, America!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I bought a game on Steam, and shut down my computer out of habit as I was leaving the house for a few hours. Now I'm back and I can't play my game yet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The good news is, my Amazon delivery decided to come a day early.

The bad news is, the deliveryperson got to the location of the locker (a nearby mall) an hour before the place opened and said "huh I guess they are closed", so it'll be delivered the original delivery day (Monday) instead.

The bad(er) news is that because of things I've got going on tomorrow, there's a good chance I won't be able to pick it up during the mall's normal operating hours anyway.

:negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I woke up early and can’t fall back asleep.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Steam sale got me

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Got smashed into on my motorbike by a careless driver doing a u-turn, he just plowed straight into me like a fucken cruise missile

1st world problem is while insurance is sorting everything I now don't have a bike while bits are being sent from Austria

public transport can suck my dill pickel

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought Divinity: Original Sin a year ago, tried it out and couldn't get into it.
Too many more modern games hand hold you. Divinity throws you in, lets you make your mistakes and struggle a lot when starting out.

So glad I tried it again because now I love it and bought the sequel.

BUT IT IS TAKING UP ALL MY SOARE TIME GODDAMN.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

Steam sale got me

Yeah I just bought a bunch of games too. On one hand I can't get over my poor guy attitude that every dollar is precious because I'm used to being poor. I got past that because I got better at reminding myself that I have money now. On the other hand I have an embarrassing number of games I've never played but every drat sake I buy more. That and the occasional humble bundle.

Why do I keep buying games?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've realized I get anxiety when I feel like I haven't done enough in a day and I'm not entitled to do things I enjoy doing. I talked about this with my wife and she empathizes with me. The solution to this problem is to take more time for myself when I can, which means stuff like playing more video games or watching TV or movies.

tl;dr I have to play more video games and watch more anime to get over my weird anxiety issues.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's got uncomfortably hot in England and it suuuucks. 27 degrees C will be this afternoon.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I bought something online and its smaller than I thought, now I have to do the extra work of returning it and ordering the correct size

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The washer I bought for my garbage disposal is the wrong size, so now I gotta drive BACK to lowes and return it and get the correct size to potentially fix my leaky loving disposal.

What I want to do is rip it out and go set it on fire, but I can't afford a replacement at the moment.

FIXING IT WAS MY PLAN FOR TONIGHT DAMMIT :argh:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I really, really hate insomnia.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah I just bought a bunch of games too. On one hand I can't get over my poor guy attitude that every dollar is precious because I'm used to being poor. I got past that because I got better at reminding myself that I have money now.

Every time I think "oh, wait - I'm not that poor anymore, I can make a couple of frivolous purchases," something happens like, oh, say, having to spend seven hundred dollars on car repairs this past Sunday.

Good thing I've got such a heavy Steam backlog! :sweatdrop:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
To help me relax at night, I do a tense-and-release thing with my muscles. My diet the last week or so has been lovely (not as much water, not as many bananas), though and I wound up cramping my legs like crazy in the process. Would've been bad enough on its own, but I guess my legs decided that I gave them carte blanche to cramp up all night in various and sundry ways. Not huge cramps, not painful, just enough for me wake up and notice them before they release.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

It's got uncomfortably hot in England and it suuuucks. 27 degrees C will be this afternoon.

I'm from Washington, where we had some upper 80s temps recently, so I was looking forward to my trip to cold, dreary England.
I got here at 7am today, and it's predicted the weather will be in the low 80s my entire drat trip.

On a related note, gently caress Heathrow Passport Control. 2 hours inside a big room of queue switchbacks and terrible air handling. Also 2 year olds from Saudi Arabia who are so tired they're utterly inconsolable.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
And yet here it should be 80-90 degrees but we have mostly had England-style weather. E: sometimes Rainforest weather.

Why did no one listen to Gore :negative:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Jun 27, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I wish Apple Watch would have some single arm gesture to unfold a notification stack so I could check which 2 emails came in while I was busy with the urinal.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
It is SO HOT. Like literally :supaburn: is how I feel because I melted and possibly set on fire when I stepped outside.

It went from a nice 70 to 10,000 degrees in a day.

Just want to reiterate from my previous post: why did no one listen to Gore?!?!!!?!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Meanwhile I still see people tucking in their shirts and wearing a blazer. What the gently caress dude, take the drat jacket off at least.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

Meanwhile I still see people tucking in their shirts and wearing a blazer. What the gently caress dude, take the drat jacket off at least.

I had to wear my work shirt yesterday cause I didn’t bring a change of clothes cause I woke up at 4:30 to open the store so I was drowsy, which is thick and long-sleeved, and I wanted to die. I called a loving uber instead of waiting for the bus. I make barely above min wage but that $20 was worth it.

My brain is still fried cause of the heat; hence, the illegibility of that sentence.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I live next to the beach-a relatively unpopular one- but apparently today they’ve decided to hold some REALLY LOUD BASS MUSIC FESTIVAL of some sort on it. I tried to take a nap but like everywhere, the music and bass gets louder as time goes on cause people are becoming deafer and drunker, as time goes on.

I live in a big rear end brick building and this thing is 1/2 mile a way, and my floor is vibrating.

In a way I wish I had a house in some suburb or better yet, the country, where it’s PURE SILENCE.

Being woken up from my nap by BASS did not put me in a good mood.

E: omg sorry for double post I guess I didn’t refresh the page and I’m still dying from heat, no sleep, and BASS so I am dumb at internet