Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Justified has the most enjoyable to listen to dialogue of any show I've ever watched. There is a cadence to it that is engrossing and feels good in a way that is unlike almost anything else out there.

I dont know what this B Tier show bullshit is about, sounds arbitrary and...unjustified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

True Blood has AIDS Burgers though

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

True Blood has AIDS Burgers though

truth

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lafayette is my waifu

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

esperterra posted:

Lafayette is my waifu

RIP.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I literally stop watching at this point in rewatches

and I just remembered the actor passed away too :( now i'm bummed.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 18, 2018

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

esperterra posted:

Lafayette is my waifu

His character was supposed to die in season 1, but the actor was so good in the role they decided to expand his role and keep him on.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

hope and vaseline posted:

I literally stop watching at this point in rewatches

and I just remembered the actor passed away too :( now i'm bummed.

I meant the actor.

Edit: yeah

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Truspeaker posted:

Justified has the most enjoyable to listen to dialogue of any show I've ever watched. There is a cadence to it that is engrossing and feels good in a way that is unlike almost anything else out there.

I dont know what this B Tier show bullshit is about, sounds arbitrary and...unjustified.

Seconding the dialogue being great, and how Justifies deserves its place in the Peak TV pantheon.

Fargo is excellent too; well, Season 3 is merely good.

Of course Breaking Bad is worth watching, but it's the one I'd be least likely to ever rewatch. Heck, I've been through Justified twice already.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Justified is easily a first ballot HoF show

Just...just a dogshit theme song though. God get atcha boy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I feel like Raylan would shoot anyone that willingly listens to that song

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That song sure matched the tone for the setting though.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ooo someone recommend Supernatural. For I want to point and mock someone's personal taste.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Love me some Supernatural.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Haha you like a bad show.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I will watch Supernatural one day.

There's just so much of it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's ok cause only 5 seasons actually matter

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Supernatural is fine. It's not good, but I've seen way worse television. At least it isn't a Joss Whedon show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Supernatural is fine. It's not good, but I've seen way worse television. At least it isn't a Joss Whedon show.

It really wants to be one.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Season 1-5 are the entirely of the original, core story. Show was a runaway success so it led into season 6.

Season 6-13 are mild-good at best. Some great, some incredibly bad. With the threat of maybe not getting a new season always over their head until season 11ish it was basically "new story, finish up by the end of season with a hook to the next". By season 8 they found their footing again and it pretty much settled into a routine to maintain a decent level of quality.

Even as someone who's been following since midway season 6, I'll just take a break sometimes and not watch for a few weeks, and then catch the new episodes and just enjoy what's going on and figure out the missing pieces from context.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've tried to make it though True Blood twice now. First time, I got to the end of season 4. A couple months ago I tried again and got to the end of season 5. I keep trying to build up some enthusiasm to finally finish it but knowing the end is really stupid is kinda ruining it for me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just finished the season finale of Joe Pera Talks with You, such a wonderful show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

pentyne posted:

Season 1-5 are the entirely of the original, core story. Show was a runaway success so it led into season 6.

Season 6-13 are mild-good at best. Some great, some incredibly bad. With the threat of maybe not getting a new season always over their head until season 11ish it was basically "new story, finish up by the end of season with a hook to the next". By season 8 they found their footing again and it pretty much settled into a routine to maintain a decent level of quality.

Even as someone who's been following since midway season 6, I'll just take a break sometimes and not watch for a few weeks, and then catch the new episodes and just enjoy what's going on and figure out the missing pieces from context.

I think general consensus is that from like 6-7 they really didn't know what to do with the show, for awhile after they kind of found a groove that was formulaic and had diminishing returns but more or less worked, and then in the last season or two they kind of recognized what they had run into the ground and were bouncing back a bit.

Basically watch Seasons 1-5 for a complete story. Then if you really, really like the Winchesters and their world keep watching but know that the rest of the run is basically always them looking for a way to keep the ball rolling while gradually running things into the ground and then adjusting to keep it rolling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supernatural is better than Whedon and the Justified theme is better without the lyrics but I can't find that version anymore.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Supernatural is better than Whedon

Yeah, that's a high loving bar.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I vote family meeting

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
Supernatural in its prime is more consistent that Fringe and has a better mytharc than X-Files, I don't get how someone who likes monster-of-the-week network genre shows would find it bad let alone so worthy of derision. Aside from some weird latent sexism about how it's bad because icky girls like it I guess, the number of dudes who used to creepily rub one out to bad photoshops of Gillian Anderson and now throw shade on young women who rub one out to photoshops of Castiel and Dean kissing each other is frankly ridiculous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Supernatural has a creepy as gently caress fanbase but (a) I've never actually encountered it unless I was looking and (b) the show makes fun of it in the absolutely greatest ways imaginable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

Yeah, that's a high loving bar.

LoL, the bar is so low you'll trip over it.

However, the casts Whedon assembled are stellar and hard to touch.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This season of Westworld is both way dumbed down and poorly written. One great episode did not save it. I was really hoping they'd stick the landing despite a rocky beginning :/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like it

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw season 1 and completely forgot what it was about. Is it still Jurassic Park + Blade Runner?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was last night the season finale? Just 10 episodes?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Arist posted:

I like it

:same: but I always thought the writing was never very good, so this season having more iffy spots didn't phase me. It's the acting and story beats the show is good at, not so much dialogue and such.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Last night was episode 9, I assume of 10 like the first.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah just one more to go.

Also is it just me or has every ep this year clocked in at 60min or more?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its been way easier to avoid spoilers this season as I wait to binge it all at once than it was last season. I'd think that's a bad sign but it also might be viewers just getting excited for the shiny new toy and then getting tired of it. So I'll find out in a week or so.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only thing I'm not really feeling at all this season is Dolores' story. It feels kind of one-note.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Erotic Wakes posted:

Supernatural in its prime is more consistent that Fringe and has a better mytharc than X-Files, I don't get how someone who likes monster-of-the-week network genre shows would find it bad let alone so worthy of derision. Aside from some weird latent sexism about how it's bad because icky girls like it I guess, the number of dudes who used to creepily rub one out to bad photoshops of Gillian Anderson and now throw shade on young women who rub one out to photoshops of Castiel and Dean kissing each other is frankly ridiculous.

It's not Castiel and Dean kissing that those women are rubbing one out to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:wink: