Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Shadowrun's monster manual formula of roadkill animal + bigger + possibly intelligent and/or malevolent is amazing and I never want it to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

There's a european edition for the future! Featuring euro-roadkill!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i hear in europe the animals get killed on the opposite side of the road

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I want RIFTS but RIFTS is such an enormous mess I dunno even where to start.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

NmareBfly posted:

I want RIFTS but RIFTS is such an enormous mess I dunno even where to start.

RIFTS doesn't have a dedicated monster manual either, unless there's some supplement I'm forgetting. Usually they're just scattered through the world books

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I've raised fancy rats for years so the episode on Devil Rats was particularly wonderful. Hairless rats really are just living scrotums.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Brother Entropy posted:

fingers crossed for dark sun

I would also like Dark Sun. Dug the cannibal halfling cameo in Baldur’s Gate 2.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

RIFTS doesn't have a dedicated monster manual either, unless there's some supplement I'm forgetting. Usually they're just scattered through the world books

It might not work for MIMP, but RIFTS will always be my favorite bad RPG.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I was absolutely positive that there was already an Abject Suffering on Greendog, but apparently that was in another timeline. Was there some other surfer dog game that they have covered before?

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I'm burning through the Abject Suffering back catalog, and can I say that I'm disappointed that they haven't said "More bang for your duck." yet?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I got a sensible chuckle from a Monster in My Podcast when Gary and Kole agree it would be best to pause for 130 hours for Kole to play through the Baldur’s Gate series.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is there anywhere to buy a PDF of Atomic? I can only find a physical version and I don't really want to get it shipped to Australia

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Is there anywhere to buy a PDF of Atomic? I can only find a physical version and I don't really want to get it shipped to Australia

Not yet, but soon!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

good podcast

Kly fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 23, 2018

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Boy and His Blob exquisite suffering is gold. Kole losing it when Gary suggests turning a turtle into an USB drive is top shelf.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It fuckin' owns that m'dudes accidentally recorded two episodes of Everything to Guppy about Pin.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

It fuckin' owns that m'dudes accidentally recorded two episodes of Everything to Guppy about Pin.

We're idiots, but we're your idiots.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
its not an issue because neither ep was really about Pin

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

We just released our 2nd charity bundle. You can read about it on our store. Get episodes, support great causes!

http://duckfeed.tv/store

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I made Gary watch an anime! Go get it, y'all.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the newest abject suffering on the early feed might be the best ever.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

In Monster in My Podcast #313, when Gary calls out internet lawyers trying to sound clever by claiming Die Hard is a Christmas movie and a hotdog is a sandwich, was he putting Judge John Hodgman on blast?

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In Monster in My Podcast #313, when Gary calls out internet lawyers trying to sound clever by claiming Die Hard is a Christmas movie and a hotdog is a sandwich, was he putting Judge John Hodgman on blast?

No, not specifically. There is a certain sort of clever-clever internet pedant that I am really annoyed by though.

I bring it up in the upcoming Sims 3 episode, but national treasure John Mulaney has a bit where he compares people to the kid who, at the sleepover, keeps saying "Don't you mean yesterday? It's technically tomorrow because it's after midnight."

I got no time for that poo poo.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Woffle posted:

No, not specifically. There is a certain sort of clever-clever internet pedant that I am really annoyed by though.

I bring it up in the upcoming Sims 3 episode, but national treasure John Mulaney has a bit where he compares people to the kid who, at the sleepover, keeps saying "Don't you mean yesterday? It's technically tomorrow because it's after midnight."

I got no time for that poo poo.

Hodgman can be entertaining with a good case but can have some bizarre rulings. I didn’t support his judgment that anyone who keeps a botched Amazon order is a dirty Bezos wronging thief. Buy VacationLand now through his Amazon affliliate link.

Yeah Mulaney is fantastic. His closing bit about meeting Clinton is pure gold.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 29, 2018

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wrestlepig posted:

the newest abject suffering on the early feed might be the best ever.

Shaq fu or Die Hard? Is the early feed included in the $10 level? I may have missed it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Shaq fu or Die Hard? Is the early feed included in the $10 level? I may have missed it

It was the die hard one, so the newest one out on the regular feed. Early access is on the 5 dollar level

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wrestlepig posted:

It was the die hard one, so the newest one out on the regular feed. Early access is on the 5 dollar level

Gotcha, I just needed to read the Patreon notes, I’m set up on the early access feed now. Nice, Sims 3. Should be good.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Went back to season 1 of Bonfireside Chat while playing through Dark Souls Remastered. Still good. Especially the Solaire theories.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm doing the same thing and I kind of want to put my hand on gary's shoulder and tell him 'no they never go back and explain the painted world, also Solaire's just some dude. I'm sorry'

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Solaire being just some dude from a religion that worships the sun is a million times better than him being Gwyn's firstborn or some bullshit.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Listening to Bonfireside Chat from the beginning. Not new to Souls, but new to the pod. Really enjoying so far, guys.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
gently caress this blood butt

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Is it me, or has Jeremy Greer made himself scarce on Radio-Free Midworld (Autumn is great, don't get me wrong)? Seems like he kind of noped out after being around a lot in the early seasons. I miss having him on the show, although all the other guests are good, too. Speaking of which, I'm really glad for the sheer variety of nerds Kole can get rustle up to talk about Uncle Stevie's self-insert masterpiece.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Halogens posted:

Is it me, or has Jeremy Greer made himself scarce on Radio-Free Midworld (Autumn is great, don't get me wrong)? Seems like he kind of noped out after being around a lot in the early seasons. I miss having him on the show, although all the other guests are good, too. Speaking of which, I'm really glad for the sheer variety of nerds Kole can get rustle up to talk about Uncle Stevie's self-insert masterpiece.

Punching out after book 5 or so is the smart thing to do honestly.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jeremy posts here (ECEC), doesn't he have several of his own podcasts? Maybe scheduling doesn't line up.

RFMW is such a great show.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The Halogens posted:

I'm signed up for a few episodes in book 5, but I took a break for awhile. I have several other shows on various topics, and I was running out of free time. That and also I wanted to make sure I wasn't dominating guest appearances or anything (Kole would never say that in a million years but I can't help but think it).

If you like Cowboy Bebop, Souls, Supernatural, or the Witcher books though, I'm your man. :)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I was pretty close on the username... I used to contribute to Dark Souls Haters back in the day.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

What's your Cowboy Bebop podcast called?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The Berzerker posted:

I was pretty close on the username... I used to contribute to Dark Souls Haters back in the day.

Cool! That site is still up but I barely pay attention to it anymore. Don't Give Up, Skeleton(my souls interview cast) is much more satisfying and positive in general.

WrightOfWay posted:

What's your Cowboy Bebop podcast called?

Don't Give Up, Space Cowboy. The first episode is here, the rest will be released via the Monster of the Week Patreon (that's also where the Witcher bookclub is).

EC fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

EC posted:

Cool! That site is still up but I barely pay attention to it anymore. Don't Give Up, Skeleton(my souls interview cast) is much more satisfying and positive in general.

Don't Give Up, Space Cowboy. The first episode is here, the rest will be released via the Monster of the Week Patreon (that's also where the Witcher bookclub is).

You're a man after my own heart. I've been craving a Witchercast.