Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Got my 6k dusty tokens. They should've upped the frequency of treasure hunts if they're taking the game offline next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

dont be mean to me posted:

You doxxed yourself; you might want to fix that.

classic Julian

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh god the visual gags and comic timing.

Im marching to my club to meet what seems like a new mafia group that wants to meet me, who have some blackmail over me. It’s super serious and then you see one of the guys you’ve been tussling with several times and every time you meet him he has a new bandage on his face

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bombadilillo posted:

Welcome new Nierdowell. Glad my constant complaining rampant shitposting, about people being scared of Route B pays off again.

You motherfucker, I've been in the trenches this w h o l e t i m e

I demand you acknowledge my shitposting.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Think everyone skips you tldr shitposts now though. You can see them scrolling. (And keep scrolling)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Think everyone skips you tldr shitposts now though. You can see them scrolling. (And keep scrolling)

Everyone who doesn't matter :getin:

But realtalk I mainly read/respond to posts in big chunks because I don't have a smartphone, so usually only twice a day. And the PS4 thread is already one giant shitpost so who cares, is my take...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't read once or twice a day and there are still times where I open Games and there are 100~200 new posts in this thread, and that's when nothing special happened that day. It's way more active than the Steam Thread or even the Chat Thread.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I can’t play anything but Nier... I love it! I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!!!

True story I was beginning to loose interest in gaming and becoming apathetic to the whole industry when RE7 and Nier Automata came out in quick succession and pulled me right back in.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I am so invested in Ellie and Joel and now I have to head to work in the middle of my game (we just arrived at the university) this is the worst I'm so glad I just somehow managed to avoid knowing almost anything about this game for five years :qq:

You're almost at the part where Ellie dies so keep pushing forward, not too much more to go.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Top Gun posted:

True story I was beginning to loose interest in gaming and becoming apathetic to the whole industry when RE7 and Nier Automata came out in quick succession and pulled me right back in.

PREY had that effect on me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

verbal enema posted:

classic Julian

:dukedoge:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Someone - probably exquisite tea - help me with a Life Is Strange issue: I want the complete Before The Storm experience, including the epilogue; is my only option to buy the Deluxe Edition or can I buy the Season Pass and then the Farewell Episode separately?

Rinkles posted:

Rinkles posted:

Yak 0 and Horizon

I think the Ps4 having a much smaller gallery than the thousands of games Steam adds every year also helps me focus.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Policenaut posted:

The remakes of Ratchet & Clank and Shadow of the Colossus. Both of the Infamous games (Second Son and First Light). Marvel's Spider-Man comes out in a few months and definitely fits in with that brainless thing.

If you'd like to try any kind of sport/racing game then Gran Turismo Sport, Everybody's Golf, MLB The Show, Driveclub, and the Wipeout Omega Collection are all pretty great.

I feel dumb for not even thinking to recommend most of these, but the PS4 has so many good exclusives at this point it's sort of daunting to recommend poo poo to people lol. It's just like "well, there's about 50 good exclusives lets see which ones I can rattle off of the top of my head."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Oh, I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders and it's a - mostly - chill crafting game in the DQ universe. I've been through some tense moments in the second town but nothing a bit of careful playing wouldn't solve.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The ads were true.

On the Sony PlayStation, Greatness Awaits.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
No.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations! Now start the second one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The ads were true.

On the Sony PlayStation, Greatness Awaits.

https://i.imgur.com/wro5Qib.mp4

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

more like

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It sucks the Knack platinum trophy is tied to online covenants

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s 2:30 am and I’m laying here thinking about that thing that happens at the end of Nier: A. I miss the game already. A lot. In a certain way that I don’t normally feel about most games.

Bombadilillo posted:

Welcome new Nierdowell. Glad my constant complaining rampant shitposting, about people being scared of Route B pays off again.

Thaaaaanks buddy! Hopefully I can join the club and convince others to give the game a go. It’s so worth pushing past the initial weirdness of B. It’s like David Lynch showing you a guy sweeping a floor for 5 minutes. You can demand something else and be frustrated or consider what you’re given and get so much more out of the whole.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Your persistence is unchallenged.

Also get yourself a dang smartphone, what the heck BP?! How do you read this thread while pooping????

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samuringa posted:

Someone - probably exquisite tea - help me with a Life Is Strange issue: I want the complete Before The Storm experience, including the epilogue; is my only option to buy the Deluxe Edition or can I buy the Season Pass and then the Farewell Episode separately?

I have BtS on Steam but I think the only way you get the bonus episode is to buy the deluxe edition. Farewell isn't the epilogue though, more of like a mini prequel to the prequel with Chloe and Max as kids. Anyway it's cheap and Farewell is a nice cap to the series so I just recommend the deluxe!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s 2:30 am and I’m laying here thinking about that thing that happens at the end of Nier: A. I miss the game already. A lot. In a certain way that I don’t normally feel about most games.

Do you have the soundtrack

I l listen to it all the time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Escobarbarian posted:

Congratulations! Now start the second one
That is the trophy for the second one!

I don't think I will ever get the platinum for Knack 1, because even though I enjoyed that game, the platinum requires at least 2, more likely 3-4, playthroughs and farming of random chests, and I don't want to grow to hate it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It sucks the Knack platinum trophy is tied to online covenants
Realtalk, in order to cut the grind down for the Knack 1 platinum, the larger friends list you have of people who have also played Knack will make it more likely to get the rarer drops from chests

I only have 4 platinums. I would probably rank them like this:

4. Horizon Zero Dawn (meh, I just kind of fell into this one and it's not too special)
3. Resogun (fond memories of PS4 launch)
2. Knack 2 (challenging yet doesn't overstay its welcome, so satisfying)
1. The Witness (for a moment I believed I had achieved a state of true enlightenment that transcended space and time)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have one platinum:

Bloodborne.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Those of you with PS4s and a capable gaming PC, how do you choose which to buy multiplats for?

For me personally it seems like anything that plays best with a controller I gravitate towards console because of the coach factor. I have an X1 controller I use for certain Steam games but it just feels odd to use a controller at a desk...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anti-Hero posted:

Those of you with PS4s and a capable gaming PC, how do you choose which to buy multiplats for?

For me personally it seems like anything that plays best with a controller I gravitate towards console because of the coach factor. I have an X1 controller I use for certain Steam games but it just feels odd to use a controller at a desk...

I find silverlight or whatever it is runs my PC games on TV really well, but there are things I get on PS4 just because it's convenient. I hate using controller at desk as well so I heavily preference stuff like Tomb Raider games and stuff on PS4, but I've got to admit I played Rise on my up to date PC and it looked loving incredible. Basically FPS on PC, 3rd person on PS4 and xbox games on PC silverlighting to my Sony television.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I get just about everything on PC if I can ,which I think makes me a little less enthusiastic about the PS4 library than some people itt

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Anti-Hero posted:

I favor PC for the :pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming: unless it's a legendarily bad port like Nier:A. My PS4 and PC are hooked up to the same monitor for maximum laziness so location isn't an issue.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I also play every single isometric RPG that comes out so they're all on my PC so I can give myself irreparable RSI.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well obviously I will never ever play FPS games on my PS4. But Yakuza or any brawler is superior with a controller.
However, I also try not to block the TV too much, as the GF usually watches TV while I game unless we play coop or it is a game she likes watching me play.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much the only things I bother with on the PC these days are competitive online FPS games, and I don’t really play them a whole lot. I have Witcher 3 for PC but the mouse/keyboard controls are so terrible and I also hate using a controller at a desk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm waiting for graphics cards to stop being insanely expensive before I get back into PC gaming. God drat buttcoin miners :argh:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

This makes me feel splendid inside. :D It is why I wrote that long effort post. It is still sitting with me a few weeks on and I do listen to the soundtrack every day because of it.

In regards to soundtracks (Nier and Nier:Automata spoiler): Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I gave the original soundtrack a listen even though I have not finished the game and my mind flipped on itself when I reached Emil:Sacrifice and realised the haunting singing is the same song that Emil hums when driving his little shop around in Nier:Automata.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgLa3eKMYs&t=125s

replace star wars poo poo with metal gear canon and thats me

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does nier stay super easy on normal? I love everything about the game but I never died at the beginning and I remember that being a controversial part or something because you couldn’t save? Should I try a step up or are enemies just spongier?

Enemies dont get any extra health but beware, the difficulty jump between Normal and Hard is massive. Tougher enemies will one shot you if you are below their level and most enemies will two shot you.

On hard mode the prologue boss will one shot you no problem.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

JBP posted:

I also play every single isometric RPG that comes out so they're all on my PC so I can give myself irreparable RSI.

Have you played Divinity: Original Sin II yet? It's very much a "clear out the backlog for a month" kind of game because it's easily 80-100 hours long but it's one of the best CRPGs ever made. And it's coming to PS4 in August wowzers!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Anti-Hero posted:

I research the port quality and what is the framerate cap on PS4: Nier: Automata on PS4 because the PC port is not good, Witcher 3 (if I were to buy it again) on PC because even though my machine is not beastly anymore it can still run it on Ultra at 60 FPS.

But if the two are tied I will probably get it on PS4 as a physical copy (if available) because I can resell it if I don't want it anymore. Most PC boxed stuff is just empty box with a code (why even bother with boxes???).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Wow, Black Ops III’s story was actually pretty good when you get to the end and figure out what was going on. Glad they added it to PS+ this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope I feel that way by the end too because I am not feeling it right now. also the main buddy (hendricks? h something) is lame