Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://pastebin.com/5FFJH2pY

Occultist CI Blade Vortex, cold damage conversion with shitloads of chaos. 7.5k ES at level 95 (7k or so at 90). Immune to bleed, Incandescent Heart, +3% max resistances from Apep's shield. .87 second ES recharge delay, 4.5k/sec recharge. Triple curses - Frostbite, Temporal Chains, Enfeeble; all of them with greatly increased curse effectiveness. Rares are thrown in there as bullshit placeholders just to make sure what I want is mostly obtainable; except for the gloves, I have those and they're good for now.

I'm aware of how expensive it is. I have the currency and most things priced out.

I don't know yet if I'm stupid enough to build this thing and push to 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How far can you scale a wander? I love kinetic blast and I have a feeling it might get gutted soon. I'd like to see how far I can take one, just wondering what the ceiling is on one?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how much money do you have?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

McFrugal posted:

I figured out with some shenanigans I can do like 900k total dps with all Mirror Arrow clones out, which frees up a 4link and lets me use blink arrow for movement. However this is still kindof bad for clearing so I want to use that 4link for a clearing skill. I have to use minions since I have no damage passives for anything else. Question is, which minion skill? 3 spectres is my limit since I'm wearing Victario's Influence, and that requires giving up some skill duration from my belt slot by switching from string of servitude to a corrupted rare to cap resists. I think I'd need to spend some passives to get the spectres leech or regen to keep them alive while clearing, too. Would zombies or SRS be a better idea?
I don't have a good answer for you, but unless you already have a ton of cast speed SRS or possibly room to wear Mark of the Red Covenant then SRS are going to feel really bad in a 4link for clearing. They need Melee Splash to feel at all good for clearing, and you'd have to give up Minion or Melee Dmg to fit in a Fast Cast or Spell Echo to keep enough of them up to really do the damage on packs - even then you're going to be doing a lot of start-stopping casting to manage your swarm.

Zombies are generally okay but I think you need to go whole-hog on them to use them as a clearing skill - on my SRS builds I usually used them up to around 50 then dumped them as they would start to just die to any non-white mob. I imagine that would be the case for you as well since you probably wouldn't have specced into a lot of +minionlife for arrow clones.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

George posted:

Guess I got purged. Can I get an invite on TrapperKeeper_SHIV?

Want to make sure I'm on the list.

Also, did someone say you can sell corruption chambers in global? I don't see anyone selling them and was wondering the going rate if that's true.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so glad i didnt buy boring purple arc now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAcv_t3pgt8

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Yeah, never assume the game mechanics are your friend in this game.

Lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

so i should probably just have a 2c tab for unique rings right

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Awesome! posted:

how much money do you have?

2 ex but I really enjoy grinding in this game so I don't mind grinding out more currency as I play. More just wondering.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

BobbyK posted:

2 ex but I really enjoy grinding in this game so I don't mind grinding out more currency as I play. More just wondering.

With sufficient currency you can farm Uber elder as a wander.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
wander is the #1 no limit on budget build

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thoughts on these two items? I'm wondering if the wand is worth anything at all, and the bow I'm just wondering how high.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The wand is isn't worth the time it took you to post it. Terrible base, no crit or attack speed.

The bow is hard. It might be worth several exalts if it didn't have the cold res. But it does and most of the expensive cold per dex bows out there also have 20% chance to deal double damage. I'd say 100c or less.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 19, 2018

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I’m away for a week so please don’t kick Firos from the guild tia.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Firos posted:

Yeah these posts don't work

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah these posts don't work

Worth a try.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I know Arc and blade vortex are overshadowing most skills right now, but has anyone been trying any of the other buffed skills like ball lightning, fireball, groundslam or burning arrow or anything like that?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Vasudus posted:

So I worked out this obscenely tanky BV cold conversion Occultist. Like 8.5k-9k ES w/ Incandescent Heart + Frostbite + Temp Chains + Enfeeble (with turbo effectiveness) running Hatred and Discipline. 550k Shaper, 1m regular DPS.

It requires Skyforths, two level 4 Enlightens, and a mana reservation corrupted Heretic's Veil to function.

Skyforths are 4ex this league.

I'm seriously considering it.

Remember you can corrupt -1 mana reserved on jewels now. Might save you on the enlightens.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Sakco posted:

Can confirm, this arc trapper is tanky AF and dps is bonkers even without shimmeron and/or low life. I've done some changes to the original and it's now my first build to reach 94 and defeat Uber Atziri and Shaper ever. Sucky_Sock/Sucky_LetThereBeLight for anyone interested.
I noticed you (and a couple of other Arc Trap / CI builds) are using The Vertex for your helm, with Wrath and Discipline socketed.

As far as I can tell, the mana cost reduction doesn't affect auras, so I'm not sure I understand the point of this particular helm. Is it just for the high Energy Shield? Or is there another interaction with Enlighten (which I don't have yet)?

I'm running a similar build now. Would any of you trap experts mind looking at it and offering some advice? I can generally handle white maps, but occasionally I just explode. Probably the non-capped resists.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WhiteHowler/characters - AnacondaPants

Stuff I already know:
- One of the rings is bad. I need the strength/dexterity plus resists.

- Need gloves with +traps and +1 trap thrown, but I can't afford a decent one right now.

- Need more links on the Incandescent Heart and should move Lightning Spire there. Way out of my price range to get a 5+ link, off-color item though.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 19, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
+1 gem levels is good for wrath and discipline but it also effects enlighten which results in less mana reserved. Also yeah high es

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Enlighten, wrath and discipline benefit from the gem level tough and the energy shield and evasion are pretty decent. I wouldn't use it over an actual good helmet, but I don't think it's such a bad choice.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I know Arc and blade vortex are overshadowing most skills right now, but has anyone been trying any of the other buffed skills like ball lightning, fireball, groundslam or burning arrow or anything like that?

yes, everyone has

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ball Lightning is the single target DPS for Arc/LW Pens. As best as I can tell, I'm killing bosses faster than my AC Molten Strike guy was last league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Elemental Hit is extremely good. 2018 is weird.

Go bows if you're going to do it though. I went wands because I wanted to and I made it work, bows are a better option by far.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
When i'm trying to determine pob DPS for choosing upgrades for tornado shot do I need to do the maths too?

So right now I'm a champion using a 6L tornado shot with Tshot - added cold - added lightning - GMP - Mirage Archer - elemental damage with weapons

I have Death's Opus as my main bow. It says my tornado shot does 4400 DPS with that bow, do I multiply that by how many arrows it shoots?

The other upgrade candidates are Lioneye's Glare (very cheap) which puts me at 6600 dps and then Doomfletch's Prism (kinda exp, 20c on hc) which puts me at 8000

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

Elemental Hit is extremely good. 2018 is weird.

Go bows if you're going to do it though. I went wands because I wanted to and I made it work, bows are a better option by far.

What about traps :twisted:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whalestory posted:

What about traps :twisted:

Still need to pick a weapon type!

Bows give you more options, and you can use Blink Arrow.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Just tried messing around PoE for the first time yesterday, not sure I get it. I have to say, the amount of things you're exposed to in a first playthrough is slightly overwhelming. The stats on every single item are blowing my mind. Maybe I've gone soft after a lot of games that have hand held me.

Why are the die hards insisting that PoE is amazing and so much better than any other ARPG out there? I don't quite see it yet, at least in the first 30 min of gameplay.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

DreadCthulhu posted:

Just tried messing around PoE for the first time yesterday, not sure I get it. I have to say, the amount of things you're exposed to in a first playthrough is slightly overwhelming. The stats on every single item are blowing my mind. Maybe I've gone soft after a lot of games that have hand held me.

Why are the die hards insisting that PoE is amazing and so much better than any other ARPG out there? I don't quite see it yet, at least in the first 30 min of gameplay.

The depth of the skill gem system and passive tree is unparalleled. paired with the game's loot system (there are so many build-enabling uniques that it's crazy) it makes for a lot of fun builds. You're not going to see any of that in the first hour of gameplay.

As you noted there is no hand holding in the game and if you don't follow a guide for your first character you're going to gently caress it up. Even if you do, you're going to gently caress it up. It takes a while to get a hang of the game's idiosyncracies, and honestly I think the game's not for everyone.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah it'll take a lot longer than 30 min to really get to the heart of the game's strengths. The long and short of it is that the game has an amount of depth to match its complexity and that depth provides an enormous amount of replayability. This is on top of the quality content being added to the game at a pace that I think puts almost any other perpetually updated game to shame.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i made something

please help me price it. is 10ex acceptable. is it too low, or too high?

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Firos posted:

I'm not in charge of the guild, or even in the guild, but maybe put a similar message in your status in game?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Speaking of prices, and where to go with items, I made this yesterday while pissing away alts trying futilely to make a stat stick for my bv elementalist.

I know this isn't the league for phys daggers, and I dont have the exalts to multimod it right now. So I don't really know what I should do with it, or price it to sell as it is.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

i made something

please help me price it. is 10ex acceptable. is it too low, or too high?

+1 gems is pretty low value on a Tombfist, but not zero value. Your main issue is that these would never even show up in my searches because they have one abyssal socket not two. The crit mod is extremely good, but almost everyone that would spend 10ex on Tombfist is going to be buying a 2 socket version.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Eryxias posted:

So most of my characters have been either minion builds or jugg builds, so I'm thinking of doing something like a champion or something. Anybody got a link to a favorite build that is
super tanky that can facetank/roll most things on a decent budget?

If you don't mind another jugg I really enjoyed this one last league - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125173
White mobs can't touch you, face tank everything and decent clear speed. Favorite lab runner I've done as well

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

DreadCthulhu posted:

The game takes its sweet time building your power and speed. If you're new and/or without currency, you won't really get to see the "warps around maps thanks to item/skill synergy" thing for a while. Generally, sometime around act 3, when you get your first points into a specialization, you'll really feel a significant power boost... Maybe.

If you're new, check out the forums for a build to follow. Well written ones will explain most everything and you'll hopefully be able to gleam some mechanical understanding why it functions, which will help you better understand why you want some stats and not others, when you want those talents, etc.

This game doesn't really try to hold your hand and I think that's the appeal. It's kinda dumb in retrospect but I think the appeal for some, i.e. me, is learning to avoid pitfalls and conversely, knowing what really breaks barriers. System mastery at its worst.

That being said, I follow guides 99% of the time because :effort:.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This game has a huge learning curve but it's worth the effort.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DreadCthulhu posted:

I first tried PoE in 2012 when it was in beta, and bounced off it HARD. Played for a day or two and just thought it was complete trash. I played the poo poo out of D3 instead, and loved it.

I randomly decided to try PoE again for this league. It basically has infinite complexity compared to D3, the gem system is that good. Now I can't believe I waited this long to get into it, I'm hooked.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

DreadCthulhu posted:

For 30 minutes of gameplay, PoE is probably worse than D3. (I had the same hard bounce off PoE in 2013 someone else mentioned.)

But for 300+ hours of gameplay, PoE will maintain your interest a *lot* better than D3 will because of the higher levels of customizability, the weird insane edge poo poo you can do, the huge variety of builds, etc. (Plus leagues are a lot more meaningful than D3 seasons in terms of introducing something new - even if people didn't like Bestiary, it was at least different.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have a feel for the elder's various drop rates? I killed him for the first time last night, tier 6 map, and all he dropped was a nebuloch. Didn't really seem worth it, but I guess you don't need to clear all the guardians like a shaper run would require.