Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
New Forn is great. Churchburn also has a track from their upcoming album.
https://churchburn.bandcamp.com/track/the-misery-hymns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Kvlt! posted:

I fully expect nothing but generic riffs from stoner doom bands, I listen to them for the guitar tones.

This is pretty much me.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Bell Witch and YOB were great last night. Mike Scheidt performed like someone who's really happy to be alive.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Trabant posted:

I saw Earthless last night and they freaking ripped, as always.

On my way to the show, I saw this marquee for a black metal band:

I'll admit it, I sat here for a few seconds trying to see the band name.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

First taste of the new Bon Gripper!

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear-doom-titans-bongrippers-crushing-new-song-slow

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Vocals are mixed really low

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ingmar terdman posted:

That’s good news, vocals are too loud in general imo.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Gonna start pronouncing it like Bon Iver.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Trabant posted:

Gonna start pronouncing it like Bon Iver.

lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bongy Rippair

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Ingmar terdman posted:

Vocals, in my bongripper??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Die!
You hippy scum!!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Yo, metalheads, listen to this loving monster track - an unholy union of Agalloch & Giant Squid, and just as good as that ought to be:

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2018/06/15/kho%CC%82rada-salt/

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

xiansi posted:

Yo, metalheads, listen to this loving monster track - an unholy union of Agalloch & Giant Squid, and just as good as that ought to be:

Thanks for this.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

xiansi posted:

Yeeaah, this is much better than the Squallus album that most of Giant Squid put out last year. You'd think those guys doing a Jaws concept album would be amazing but it just did not grab me.

I think I posted it already but the Jackie from Giant Squid's other band Grayceon put out a really good album last month, too. Check it out if you haven't already :https://grayceon.bandcamp.com/album/iv

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
New bongripper sample sounds very similar to Miserable. Not complaining though tbh bongripper could play the opening riff of Into Ruin for 10 hours and id never get sick of it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shakenbaker posted:

Yeeaah, this is much better than the Squallus album that most of Giant Squid put out last year. You'd think those guys doing a Jaws concept album would be amazing but it just did not grab me.

I think I posted it already but the Jackie from Giant Squid's other band Grayceon put out a really good album last month, too. Check it out if you haven't already :https://grayceon.bandcamp.com/album/iv

I think I’m the only one that loved the Squalus album

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't know, maybe I should give it another spin and see if it's grown on me. The problem may be that Giant Squid almost feels like it was engineered to be a band that I love because 8 year old Shakenbaker would've told you he was going to be an ichthyologist when he grows up. Squalus just has a lot to live up to in my head but the lack of songs about starfish people does not help their case :colbert:

I did finally get to listen to the new Yob and I'm really digging it. I'm as huge a Yob fanboy as I am a Giant Squid fanboy though so, you know.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
New Sumac album is coming September 21st.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Saw Yob in Memphis last night and they loving ruled. Played a good mix of songs: three from the new record, The Lie That Is Sin, Adrift in the Ocean, one dude kept yelling at them to play Prepare the Ground and for their last song they did. After a chant of "ONE MORE SONG" they played Burning the Alter and I lost my loving mind. Mike's vocals were particularly outstanding.

Seriously worth the six hour round trip. Do not miss them on tour.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
This is exactly what I want to hear. Thank you!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prepare the Ground is a top ten metal track. So so good

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Saw Yob in Memphis last night and they loving ruled. Played a good mix of songs: three from the new record, The Lie That Is Sin, Adrift in the Ocean, one dude kept yelling at them to play Prepare the Ground and for their last song they did. After a chant of "ONE MORE SONG" they played Burning the Alter and I lost my loving mind. Mike's vocals were particularly outstanding.

Seriously worth the six hour round trip. Do not miss them on tour.
:getin: next Friday can't come quickly enough

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Varg posted:

:getin: next Friday can't come quickly enough

The Orlando show? I know my rear end is going to be there for that one, super stoked already.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

nah meant next week in Philadelphia

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Seeing Electric Wizard this friday ITS GONNA BE loving SHROOMPOCALYPSE :byodood:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Sludge Tank posted:

Seeing Electric Wizard this friday ITS GONNA BE loving SHROOMPOCALYPSE :byodood:

Is that new record worth the listen? I didn't even try after hearing the first single. I listened to them up to Witchcult Today but then got kinda bored.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I dunno, i havent even listened to anything other than dopethrone cuz ive been scared of the supposed disappointment but getting a band like that here where i live should be good. I hope its a good show.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Juaguocio posted:

I feel like YOB's peak came before they originally broke up, when Isamu was playing bass. Their songs were more varied during this period.

I wish they would write another fast song like Ether, it's been a favorite for a long time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKFQxT84Pg

God that whole album is still so loving good though. I was #blessed enough to see it in full at Roadburn. I swear going every year is spoiling me rotten, nothing else I see comes close and I live in a city that's pretty decent for music.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sludge Tank posted:

I dunno, i havent even listened to anything other than dopethrone cuz ive been scared of the supposed disappointment

Come on man, the last couple have been underwhelming but they’re hardly one album wonders. At least listen to Come My Fanatics.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 19, 2018

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I don't really have time for Electric Wizard any more but Come My Fanatics owns

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

hatelull posted:

Is that new record worth the listen? I didn't even try after hearing the first single. I listened to them up to Witchcult Today but then got kinda bored.
the new one is pretty forgettable tbh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new one is their career low

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
E. Wiz are still worth seeing live, but yeah, they've been phoning it in for like 3 albums now.

Clutch and Monster Magnet both just announced fall tours. I guess I'm gonna see them back to back, which is gonna be totally amazing!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I think the new Electric Wizard album is pretty good. It’s simultaneously the same poo poo they’ve been doing forever but completely different. More classic rock/metal influence and the production is cleaner. I doubt it’s going to blow anyone away but it’s solid.

Witchcult Today has been my favorite for a while now but the newer ones are definitely worth listening to imo.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

EW has been phoning it in for a while now. Come My Fanatics is one of the best metal albums but from WT onward its not bad its just boring

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Does this go here?

https://disgustedgeist.bandcamp.com/album/reign-of-enthrallment

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Might be redundant or common sense at this point: Fanatics and Dopethrone are essential, Witchcult is the best of the mk2 band. Everything since has had a smattering of cool ideas and you could probably cut it all into one or two LPs of fun crunchy witch metal. But the live show will still rule if you dont

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Tim Bagshaw and Mark Greening were so great on the first few E. Wiz albums. It's a shame they couldn't hold that lineup together, because those two were easily the best rhythm section Jus has ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Juaguocio posted:

Tim Bagshaw and Mark Greening were so great on the first few E. Wiz albums. It's a shame they couldn't hold that lineup together, because those two were easily the best rhythm section Jus has ever had.

On the plus side we got With the Dead out of it