Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Raku posted:

by getting fired

Shameful disrespect for the man who got them to the doorstep. Doug just had to carry them over the threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Chip Kelly set the stage for the Eagles championship run.

Raku posted:

by getting fired
You could arguably say the same about Josh McDaniels and the Broncos, even though they took longer to win it all

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Raku posted:

Josh Allen is a bust

Browns cut Osweiler after starting him twice, fire Hue and the GM, and the new GM signs Hackenberg
I didn't know I needed this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Lamar Jackson ends up being the best QB from this class literally every GM should be fired.

The three best QBs in the Can't Miss 2012 Draft went in the third and fourth rounds. :laffo:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Sooooo many hours and dollars spent on scouting and everyone is loving awful at it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

nerve posted:

Sooooo many hours and dollars spent on scouting and everyone is loving awful at it

I'm going to offer Bob's Discount Scouting where I just throw darts at a dartboard filled with potential draft picks. I figure my rates are $150/hour and I'm just as accurate.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
chip probably did help set the eagles with great cap space by not signing McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to long contracts.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I Was Right About Sashi

semi-related:

https://twitter.com/bakermayfield/status/1009170824350363649

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rod was a Sashi pick and I can't wait for the purge of his picks come fall.

warcrimes posted:

I Was Right About Sashi

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Let's see if I have this right.

NFL players: Violent, abusive, shine bright and explode into shittiness fast, get excused (God forbid if you protest tho, that's a line.).
NBA players: Women hounds, ho's, money hungry for brands, etc.
MLB players: Drugs
NHL players: ...fightery? Need teeth? Not well read? What's wrong with these guys?
Soccer players: Frauds and wimps

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Rod was a Sashi pick and I can't wait for the purge of his picks come fall.

Yes, like a lot of GMs, Brown didn't hit on every pick. Also, Greg Robinson is the worst player in the NFL

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1009161810224844804

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weird not to see the Jags coach on there.

I know Marrone wasn't amazing in Buffalo, but he's not terrible, from what I've seen.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Who the hell would bet on Marvin Lewis getting fired? He's still going to be coaching the Bengals even after the heat death of the universe.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

My money is on Jason Garrett

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I would throw a tenner on John Harbaugh at those odds

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Print the odds!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's gonna be Vance Joseph

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

weird Asian candy posted:

Print the odds!

I'll take an extra large, sir. Preferably on a wicking material.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

whypick1 posted:

Who the hell would bet on Marvin Lewis getting fired? He's still going to be coaching the Bengals even after the heat death of the universe.

betting on gruden is pissing your money away

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Shameful disrespect for the man who got them to the doorstep. Doug just had to carry them over the threshold.

Give credit for the Eagles' Superbowl win where credit is due.

To Andy Reid.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Jay Gruden shouldn't be on that list but then I remembered who the GM and owner are.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Give credit for the Eagles' Superbowl win where credit is due.

To Andy Reid.

I thought it was due to that guy who climbed the greased pole.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Jay Gruden I understand, if the team doesn't perform well this year he's pretty likely done. But Jon Gruden? The guy who has yet to coach a single game and was just given a 100 million dollar contract?

very stable genius posted:

My money is on Jason Garrett

I like this one. I think Jerry Jones appreciates his manly attitude and the way he looks and speaks like a football coach, but will eventually realize that he's not a very good or imaginative coach. Also, after watching All or Nothing I despise Jason Garrett simply on the basis of him screaming "ATTABABYYYYY" constantly. Shut the hell up man or at least come up with something different to slip in there

It's definitely gonna be one of those four guys at the top though

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Play posted:

But Jon Gruden? The guy who has yet to coach a single game and was just given a 100 million dollar contract?

The Raiders

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

That would be my bet. I don't know how much he really learned from his failures last season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

I thought it was due to that guy who climbed the greased pole.

No you're thinking of the guy who ate horse poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Athanatos posted:

The Raiders

You make a strong argument

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I know it's safe but I still do think if the Browns don't look even remotely competitive, Jackson's done and they're gonna have Haley be the new HC coming out of the bye week.

that being said...

a neat cape posted:

I do think he's a goner early on if the Broncos don't look competitive. Their defense isn't as good as it was a few years ago but there's still way too much talent on that side of the ball for them to just limply give up and get blown out like what happened during big chunks of last season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haley coaching a rookie QB with an attitude what could go wrong

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Killing Tyler Durden is the kind of thing that doesn't show up in a box score.

If that is what's leftover after killing Tyler Durden, he probably should have kept him around. :v:

Vance Joseph and Dirk Koetter are the best odds, methinks. If TB has another disappointing season, I could see the Buc canning Koetter pretty quickly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Yes, like a lot of GMs, Brown didn't hit on every pick. Also, Greg Robinson is the worst player in the NFL

My Sashi beef is people have pointed to how many of his picks "made the team" as a defense of his drafting. Problem is he kept all but 2 through last year and now they're all vulnerable because he's not there to protect them. We can actually dump the garbage players.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

That would be my bet. I don't know how much he really learned from his failures last season.

yeah this isn't a "lol gently caress denver" thing, Vance just looked totally lost last year and the defense kind of packing it in late in the season wasn't really a good look.

Elway going all in on Keenum and drafting another pass rusher means that if Keenum doesn't light it up (I don't expect him to, just because I think judging a QB based on his best year is a losing proposition) or the defense doesn't play out of its mind, all of it is gonna be blamed on Vance

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

also lol gently caress denver

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cosign Ross

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My Sashi beef is people have pointed to how many of his picks "made the team" as a defense of his drafting. Problem is he kept all but 2 through last year and now they're all vulnerable because he's not there to protect them. We can actually dump the garbage players.

Yeah, sure, dump the misses. But there's a great core here and the Browns were set up going into this past draft, the best QB/RB draft in years and that gaudy $100m+ cap situation. Dorsey has made shrewd decisions, almost at the top of that list is not having too big an ego to consult Scot McCloughan, I loving loved their draft. Browns are my side piece and this rebuild has been fascinating to watch. Some questions at WR but they finally have the talent at the skill positions to pick that offense up. Just wish they kept their old unis.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, sure, dump the misses. But there's a great core here and the Browns were set up going into this past draft, the best QB/RB draft in years and that gaudy $100m+ cap situation. Dorsey has made shrewd decisions, almost at the top of that list is not having too big an ego to consult Scot McCloughan, I loving loved their draft. Browns are my side piece and this rebuild has been fascinating to watch. Some questions at WR but they finally have the talent at the skill positions to pick that offense up. Just wish they kept their old unis.

Questions at WR?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Flikken posted:

Questions at WR?

Outside Jarvis and the hopefully rejuvenated Josh Gordon he aint wrong.

warcrimes posted:

Which brings me to my 2nd point. It doesn't exactly take a brilliant mind to tank in a league that seems to be finally discovering it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh ew warcrimes copies me now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Outside Jarvis and the hopefully rejuvenated Josh Gordon he aint wrong.

Yeah, let me clarify a bit. That group has the largest potential to both boom and bust. Jarvis is the only sure thing. I also love Njoku's potential.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Which brings me to my 2nd point. It doesn't exactly take a brilliant mind to tank in a league that seems to be finally discovering it.

Never called him brilliant but he did a great job setting everything up to this point. Rebuilds can get hosed up.

• Locked thread