Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zerilan posted:

So basically like, someone similar to Bakugou or maybe Endeavor from My Hero Academia.
Either of those assholes is more literarily interesting than this entire webcomic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've heard of sleepwalking, but sleepcucking?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
That is the laziest scene transition I have ever seen in a comic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I do enjoy the shapes of the buildings. I dont usually see buildings where you can observe three sides at once.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zerilan posted:

So basically like, someone similar to Bakugou or maybe Endeavor from My Hero Academia.

More the former in this example as the latter is known to the reader to have both done some unnamed mental damage to his wife and abused the rest of his family as well. Granted this current arc is going to deal with that and it's more than likely that the public is going to find out about Endeavors personal life in the near future which is going to make things very interesting for the current No. 1 ranked hero.

Bakugou was a bully and lovely brat but also made sure he stayed on the straight and narrow outside of that so he's closer to how Furnace should have been characterized and developed.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I bet patrick is gonna die. Hopefully I, and every other person who has ever read this poo poo waffle of a comic, die as well.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

That is the laziest scene transition I have ever seen in a comic.

I'm just... really puzzled over the notch in the black transition bar. What's the point? If you really want to do white borders for real life and black borders for dreams, just move it up a centimeter.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Personally, I would have waited at least a week before starting a new mindscape arc, but I guess that's why I don't have a webcomic.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Whoops looks like somebody forgot to hit a story beat! Better just have them go back to sleep immediately after waking up. This is very fluid and the right thing to do after the natural end of the story arc.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

I do enjoy the shapes of the buildings. I dont usually see buildings where you can observe three sides at once.

I'm sorry that the high quality background distracted you from the storytelling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What does Patrick have left to say? "Thank you for letting me be the little spoon?"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Dawgstar posted:

What does Patrick have left to say? "Thank you for letting me be the little spoon?"

He forgot to explain the entire Conspiracy.

As did Mulligan.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
This is strictly to tie up the dream poo poo from the beginning of the chapter and there will be no mention of The Conspiracy

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
With Bakugou and Endeavor, you have an author attempting to write characters for the sake of a story. In SFP, characters only seem to exist to serve as avatars for vague political opinions. It's really no different than the works of Ayn Rand or some lovely direct-to-video Evangelical Christian movie about a cynical atheist professor who learns to love God when she meets the right man.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So I want to focus on the "permission to cry" part. I think Milligan basically is saying that the only real way to be healthy is to be utterly driven by emotion and have acceptance and permission from a woman?

So basically he is the softest of us all.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Bakugou is also in a position where the author has admitted he made him way too lovely at the start (like, actively trying to drive vulnerable kids to suicide) and it made it too hard for a lot of people to tolerate him at all.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

TheHan posted:

Whoops looks like somebody forgot to hit a story beat! Better just have them go back to sleep immediately after waking up. This is very fluid and the right thing to do after the natural end of the story arc.
At this point, I'm not even mad. It's just a train wreck. I'm now more emotionally involved in my ticket queue at work than this story.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He is definitely jerking off under the sheets.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Okay, so the people being made of paper is because Allison has super strength. That's obvious and a decent anxiety dream, even though we've never really seen her have a problem regulating the lower bounds of her strength before. Them having mirrors for heads is hilariously self-centered, though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

careful! careful that!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Allison is going to end up with Patrick for all the mind-sex because the one superhero essay the author has read was Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Bakugou is also in a position where the author has admitted he made him way too lovely at the start (like, actively trying to drive vulnerable kids to suicide) and it made it too hard for a lot of people to tolerate him at all.

Horikishi was also surprised that Bakugou was as popular as he was despite this.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

No seriously, where the gently caress is Clevin. Did the writer just forget he was supposed to have only run out on a quick trip to the store? So this whole sequence of mind poo poo, Alison's bleeding prompting Feral to fall asleep as well to check in on her, the resolution, and now this second nap all happened in the span of like ten minutes?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

clevin's off snorting meth from the blade of a bowie knife, while balls deep in a superhero-themed stripper

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hm how do I communicate that this character has emotional baggage?

*draws big-rear end suitcase*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I look at each new page the same way I look at a firecracker that doesn't explode. Sure it wasn't going to be spectacular but it could have at least popped a little instead of just fizzle out.

Clevin will be the new villain for not agreeing to a poly relationship

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Brought To You By posted:

Instead he's a non-entity that existed to be a guy Allison could intimidate in the early chapters. Then a confused mess of a character for Mary to kill at no consequence to anything since nobody learns anything except Allison who kind of agrees with Mary.

I think you'll find that Furnace blew himself up, despite Mary's efforts to save him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PetraCore posted:

Allison is going to end up with Patrick for all the mind-sex because the one superhero essay the author has read was Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex.

I have never seen a comic book in my life.
This obviously means I am the best and most qualified person to create a satirical critique of them as a long form webcomic.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

clevin's off snorting meth from the blade of a bowie knife, while balls deep in a superhero-themed stripper

Who doesn't like a good Thursday night? Friday is obviously super villianess stripper.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Breetai posted:

Hm how do I communicate that this character has emotional baggage?

*draws big-rear end suitcase*
The baggage is leaving a gorge behind her haha.

I liked that panel better when I interpreted the luggage as a random surreal dream element but you're right, it's just totally bland imagery. That's not even how dreams work.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Could mulligan salvage the comic if it turned out this was all just Patrick mind controlling her?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

Could mulligan salvage the comic if it turned out this was all just Patrick mind controlling her?

That would be very comic book-y. I genuinely wonder how something like that would play amongst his regulars.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

clevin was a ghost this whole time

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Uncle Wemus posted:

People have been suggesting that Patrick's just using her since the days when it was thought that this comic might be good, what with manipulation being his entire M.O.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

PetraCore posted:

Oh wow, I have a sinking feeling you're right. :smith:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I read the black panel as a literal ‘fade to black’ and was like ohshi did they do it offpanel?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he's already jerking off in the first panel so why wait

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh wow, I have a sinking feeling you're right. :smith:
'Well, you see, Allison has never shown any difficulty touching other humans before with the correct amount of pressure and strength, but in the unrestrained throes of orgasm, when she's just totally wild and uninhabited, she would shear off Clevin's dick. This is a new and fascinating concept in the superhero genre, which totally hasn't done horrible and tasteless things like have Spiderman give someone cancer from his jizz before! I am sooo original.'

EDIT: I don't actually think this is going to happen but at this point I am just saying the most absurd poo poo I can because the actual comic is just a dissolved puddle of bland viewpoints and pasta.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

I'm beyond ready for the next scene. Send in the fresh hell that'll have us pining for more park philosophy already.

I miss park philosophy so much compared to this and I can't wait for them to start the next chapter of bullshit that makes the mindscape look good in comparison.

• Locked thread