Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cat Face Joe posted:

i knew the risks and i accepted them

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

I mean half her face is squinting really hard

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZqD9-W1_8

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Janitor Prime posted:

I mean half her face is squinting really hard

yeah, i agree.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Asian people are more likely to be judged to have blinked by a computer algorithm designed to detect blinking.

Deal with it :colbert:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
The 3D PS logo is actually stored on the disc, not the ROM, so it was possible for crackers to customize it. Surprisingly I don't recall anyone ever doing that.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

its Conans O’Brien like attorneys general

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

minato posted:

The 3D PS logo is actually stored on the disc, not the ROM, so it was possible for crackers to customize it. Surprisingly I don't recall anyone ever doing that.

a number of people have but it's fully niche poo poo. on my list of things to mess around with

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Dungeon Ecology posted:

its Conans O’Brien like attorneys general

davids lettermen

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

There is a documentary on Netflix about the history of Funko and it's insane how widespread public interest is in these hunks of junk. It's a genius business model, get a basic license to make a representation of essentially anything pop culture related and just churn those baby's out until the earth burns up.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
i can understand the funko pop business model as like, to sell gifts. they're like, $20-30, the perfect price range for a gift for an acquaintance. i can also understand funko pop as a provider of figures of old cult classic movies and tv shows that dont have much merchandise but fans have gotta have something.

what i don't understand are the people who love funko pops for what they are and collect them, for themselves. like what the gently caress

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s beanie babies 2.0

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pakled posted:

i can understand the funko pop business model as like, to sell gifts. they're like, $20-30, the perfect price range for a gift for an acquaintance

is this us dollars because I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 or so

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

President Beep posted:

it’s beanie babies 2.0

much worse. at least beanie babies were there own thing, funky pops are dregs of pop culture for the cultureless

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

OldAlias posted:

much worse. at least beanie babies were there own thing, funky pops are dregs of pop culture for the cultureless

that’s a very good point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*looks at the twin peaks pops*

yup thats the one for me, the raped dead naked teenager.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Synthbuttrange posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why, yes, of course i own a doll of a corpse of a 15 year old girl who was raped and murdered. would you like to see it? where are you going?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
my dead gay girlfriend happy meal toy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theres a will theres moe posted:

bah bah bahbah baaaah im uncomfortable with it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

would wear all dem ties.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

i've always hated the design of funko pop's, especially their heads. i do not get the appeal.

anyway have some kool keyboard buttons

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Linux Pirate posted:

i've always hated the design of funko pop's, especially their heads. i do not get the appeal.

anyway have some kool keyboard buttons

i would proudly type and enjoy this keyboard at my own personal desk

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

im the amount of time it took to place those

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

some hits from a recent trip to the Cambridge, MA microcenter

I love that it is some small 90s style mouse pad and not the much larger ones that most PC MASTER RACE mouth breathers would actually like.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they also still sell bawls and mid 2000s thinkgeek tshirts like "no i will not fix your computer" :allears:

I will not leave a Microcenter without buying some BAWLS product.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*5 years ago* Hahahah it's kind of funny that they're mocking nazi terminology
*today* Oh. Oh dear.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Synthbuttrange posted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

I will not leave a Microcenter without buying some BAWLS product.

this but basically anything. i dont go there often without something in mind, but its like a dad in a hardware store; im bound to walk out with something for a project even if i dont know what that project is

my next buy is probably a replacement video card but the last time i was there is was parts for a pi and some replacement ram, and thanks to a knowledgable employee i avoided a gaff since i wasnt really paying attention when i grabbed the memory

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LilFormers/status/928060627280687106

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol reddit is doing gymnastics rationalizing that as nbd

vvv was but it’s ongoing. poo poo like “it’s normal for companies that size to have so much debt” to topics about “what would you do if they went bankrupt”

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 20, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why is reddit talking about a 9 month old ipo?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Bath Tubs posted:

There is a documentary on Netflix about the history of Funko and it's insane how widespread public interest is in these hunks of junk. It's a genius business model, get a basic license to make a representation of essentially anything pop culture related and just churn those baby's out until the earth burns up.
one other advantage of funkos model is their plain featureless faces mean they never have to acquire/pay for likeness rights of the actors portraying those characters

you dont have to pay mark hamill every time you make a luke skywalker figurine in the figurine looks almost nothing like mark hamill

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

theres a will theres moe posted:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

davids lettermen

james corden

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Salt Fish posted:

Asian people are more likely to be judged to have blinked by a computer algorithm designed to detect blinking.

Deal with it :colbert:

i mean if it's an algorithm that just attempts to calculate e.g. percent_eyeball_exposed then yeah on average it's always gonna be more likely to think east asian people are blinking than, say, north indians.

the only real solution to that i think would be to have a compensation factor that adjusts the threshold according to what race it thinks the person is, which means that the same team that wrote the blink-detection algorithm now has to write race-categorization software and llllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

PC Gaming Master Race feels like something we shouldnt be saying anymore

the only acceptable nazi gag now is "are we the baddies?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FMguru posted:

one other advantage of funkos model is their plain featureless faces mean they never have to acquire/pay for likeness rights of the actors portraying those characters

you dont have to pay mark hamill every time you make a luke skywalker figurine in the figurine looks almost nothing like mark hamill

that's bullshit, theyre making a figurine of a character that person played, how is that not their likeness?

• Locked thread