Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

babys come out of the butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

i love bms/mw. i would challenge corn to a beatmania off

avoiding the low hanging fruit

i bet i'd beat you at tetris though

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
In the movie Inner Space, Dennis Quaid is shrunken down to a microscopic size and injected into Martin Short's body. For some reason I forgot, he has to get into his wife's body so he tells Martin Short to kiss his wife and transmit him over the spit into his wife's body. Dennis Quaid ends up in his wife's body and sees a fetus and realizes he's going to be a dad.

Ten year old me: wait a minute

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

So do these guys know the stomach doesn't lead to the womb or does "eat dragons" mean something even worse.

you just need the dragon magic in your bloodstream, it'll get to the right place eventually

intravenous is better but who has time to inject a dragon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I want a new Tetris Grand Master god drat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1pzrME5kuE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So, in summary:

"Don't analyze things. Just consume. Consume. Consume."
"But I like analyzing things"
"WHY ARE YOU SO OFFENDED ALL THE TIME. I GUESS I'M JUST OLD AND YOU TWITTER WOKE MILLENNIALS ARE ALWAYS OFFENDED"
"...dude I'm 43 and I make fun of twitter wokes all the time"

:confused:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Are SNES classics not still in high demand or have people just quit trying to find them? I was in best buy today and they had a shelf with like 5 of them.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Lol if you have thoughts and feelings about games you play

Silent Hill 2 made me quite sad. The ending narration was really well acted

Also as a child I was very sad when Sam & Max (the original LucasArts one) ended as I wanted it to go on forever :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

Are SNES classics not still in high demand or have people just quit trying to find them? I was in best buy today and they had a shelf with like 5 of them.

I think they just made more of them. Target here has had them in stock for a while now.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

That surprises me but I gave up a while ago on finding either one at non-scalper prices and built a Retropie. Glancing briefly at ebay it's flooded with "100% authentic 270+ games snes classic with turbo mod" knockoffs.

I suppose if I were looking for the real version Best Buy would not be the first place I checked, but the last few times I've gone in there it's felt like a museum to a dead style of retail, almost as bad as Toys'R'Us (:rip:)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

i bet i'd beat you at tetris though

depends on what version of tetris :smug:

og tetris... probably out of my favor
tetris battle gaiden... well i used to play that a lot

tetris attack... i've gotten schooled a ton of times, i'm confident that i've learned from my losses :unsmigghh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

New blazblue cross tag battle characters today everybody.

Can I just say that it's kinda bullshit that the single player mode is like mostly fights against dlc characters. Like it's one thing to not have half the roster in the game because you want to work on them, it's another thing pretend that you're doing that and it's this weird other bullshit thing to just go "no, these characters are fully ready and in the game right now but please give us extra money and also wait an arbitrary amount of time".

Still a good game but man that just rubs me the wrong way.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

depends on what version of tetris :smug:

og tetris... probably out of my favor
tetris battle gaiden... well i used to play that a lot

tetris attack... i've gotten schooled a ton of times, i'm confident that i've learned from my losses :unsmigghh:

if there is some kind of tetris we can play i'll beat you any time, come at me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope Tetris Effect has multiplayer

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope Tetris Effect has multiplayer

i'd care more about tetris effect if it wasn't a console exclusive :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm sure like rez it'll come out on pc next year

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only tetris I've ever liked is Tetrisphere

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

precision posted:

So, in summary:

"Don't analyze things. Just consume. Consume. Consume."
"But I like analyzing things"
"WHY ARE YOU SO OFFENDED ALL THE TIME. I GUESS I'M JUST OLD AND YOU TWITTER WOKE MILLENNIALS ARE ALWAYS OFFENDED"
"...dude I'm 43 and I make fun of twitter wokes all the time"

:confused:

The person that thought gay people should grow a thicker skin over a negative portrait in a videogame had a meltdown because of a couple of posts. Savor the irony.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fair enough brah name the game and we'll set up some kind of zsnes or whatever the kids are using these days

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Puyo Puyo Tetris is the current competitive VS standard I believe, it was at Evo (side tournament)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

Can I just say that it's kinda bullshit that the single player mode is like mostly fights against dlc characters. Like it's one thing to not have half the roster in the game because you want to work on them, it's another thing pretend that you're doing that and it's this weird other bullshit thing to just go "no, these characters are fully ready and in the game right now but please give us extra money and also wait an arbitrary amount of time".

Still a good game but man that just rubs me the wrong way.

Tbf the story mode versions weren't complete (people on PC were playing them online after a day and they didn't have finished movesets) but also...this game isn't even out in Europe yet and they've put out 10 characters as DLC already, lol.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
slice of life: my bookstore is having an event with former pillar of polygon Griffin McElroy for the first TAZ graphic novel and i was kinda worried because we hadn't really sold many tickets, but i guess he finally publicized it himself or something because my queue has been exploding the last couple days. on the one hand having way more work is a bummer but on the other I'm glad this is shaping up to be a pretty successful night

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Looper posted:

slice of life: my bookstore is having an event with former pillar of polygon Griffin McElroy for the first TAZ graphic novel and i was kinda worried because we hadn't really sold many tickets, but i guess he finally publicized it himself or something because my queue has been exploding the last couple days. on the one hand having way more work is a bummer but on the other I'm glad this is shaping up to be a pretty successful night

Can you do me a favor and ask him when he plans on stuffing that Ubisoft arwing not-amiibo in his mouth?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am glad that Griffin McElroy supports the postanarchist poetry of Hakim Bey

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Can you do me a favor and ask him when he plans on stuffing that Ubisoft arwing not-amiibo in his mouth?

Bananas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjP38aJS82U

edit: I misread that post as "What he plans on stuffing next" but I'm keeping that video there anyway

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

fair enough brah name the game and we'll set up some kind of zsnes or whatever the kids are using these days

i dont even know what the young people use for tetrises. i guess puyo tetris but i dont own it and probably neither do you

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Lol if you have thoughts and feelings about games you play

Real talk Night in the Woods hit me super hard and it's on my mind constantly even though I played it months ago.

I might buy it again for the Nintendo Switch.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The FGC is my jam and Puyo Puyo Tetris has made a showing at events
https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/886069417116925952

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh thank god they're doing a patch for Pixeljunk Monsters 2 that lets you zoom all the way out

like i literally quit playing after the first zone because of how annoying it is that you can't do that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also late but spudsbuckley you are loving stupid as gently caress I can't even believe it omg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odd how people with bad videogame opinions always turn out to have bad everything opinions.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also late but spudsbuckley you are loving stupid as gently caress I can't even believe it omg

The winning quote of this entire thing to me was "What happened to America!?" as a response to minorities demanding respect.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Samuringa posted:

The winning quote of this entire thing to me was "What happened to America!?" as a response to minorities demanding respect.

honestly that'd be a stupid thing to say about anything regarding videogames

america...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
America has always been the bad guy

Serf
May 5, 2011

people asking "what happened to america" are directly responsible for what's happened to america

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YW045deBY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Post kitty history

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

honestly that'd be a stupid thing to say about anything regarding videogames

america...

I feel like it could potentially make sense in the context of like Saints Row IV or Metal Wolf Chaos

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Post kitty history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4
Too bad his new album seems kinda bad from what I've heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Huh, the Xbox version of SotN had an update for some reason.

• Locked thread