Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

uber_stoat posted:

yeah, she should be getting hit in the face with rotten fruit every time she peeks her head out of her hole. gently caress her up.
Or a grenade in her car, but rotten fruit is a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

chapo thread blaming ron paul?

who is ron paul

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

How did we go from Vote For Ron Paul to Medicare For All?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

lot of people that haven't googled ron paul in here

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

honestly i'd swear the entirety of d&d switching to dog avatar'ed libertarians started before '08 election season

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uranium posted:

How did we go from Vote For Ron Paul to Medicare For All?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtlzSvJudg

Extremely Banned Guy
May 28, 2018

by R. Guyovich

well why not posted:

Sorry to quote back so far, but the 2008 elections loving broke nerds' brains everywhere. Ron Paul lunatics swarmed en masse and started the ''''libertarian'''' rEVOLution online. That's when "no government rules, reee" became a priority for dorks. Before that, most internet discussion was largely centre-left.
there's a lot of things you could call internet discussion in the years leading up to 2008 but "largely centre-left" isn't one of them

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Good Tom Groyper

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

padijun posted:

Good Tom Groyper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gmEWG7U3Q&t=14s

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
more like god tom griper

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

padijun posted:

Good Tom Groyper

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

padijun posted:

Google Tom Groyper

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1009260237398970368

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Getting kicked out of the armed forces to own the capitalists

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
do they ask why a hardcore communist joined the US military

e: not trying to say that as a dick or whatever, just genuinely curious if it was a 'yea this pays for college though' thing or what

Serf
May 5, 2011

i reckon its possible that you could see the light of communism while being a cog in the american empire

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

i reckon its possible that you could see the light of communism while being a cog in the american empire

also a possible answer! I haven't listened yet so that wasn't some smug trap thing I was just wondering.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there was an article recently, he came to the light as a soldier if i'm remembering correctly. he went to west point cuz it was free - he had a professor flagging him as an issue because of poo poo he posted.

Skellyscribe
Jan 14, 2008
See how yond justice rails upon yond simple thief. Hark in thine ear: change places and, handy-dandy, which is the justice, which is the thief?
Like me he was radicalized during his service. Very relatable and good interview.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just like pat tillman rip.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Bbbbut the MLs say you can never be forgiven for being A Troop

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Lololol

https://twitter.com/honeyschil/status/1009706768270798849?s=21

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:cawg:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Internet blackface.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's not like there aren't black turboliberals and even black Republicans on Twitter. But there are a ton of obvious stock photos and bot accounts.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
President Barack

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

It's not like there aren't black turboliberals and even black Republicans on Twitter.

there's also theroot.com

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's also theroot.com

I've only read one of their articles, it was something like "Top 10 Ways Black People Won in 2017" and half of it was stuff like Beyonce having another baby. I don't understand this?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I respect the Peter Daou heel turn so much.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Halloween Jack posted:

I've only read one of their articles, it was something like "Top 10 Ways Black People Won in 2017" and half of it was stuff like Beyonce having another baby. I don't understand this?

it... goes places...

my personal fave is number 4, 6, or 7 in every top 10 list being "BERNIE'S A USELESS WHITE DUDE WHO NEEDS TO GO AWAY"

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Halloween Jack posted:

I'll be generous and say the Root is like 70% good but there is a certain kind of privilege that damages there psycology. this Champagne Sharks podcast kind of breaks down this kind of writer, there relationship to their white readers, and how more normal black people react these kind of takes.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Honestly I would love to hear a podcast of Chet Tuggle and Grump Gargamel and the other bigwigs from this Village listen to this Chapo segment and respond to it.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Virgil's the quiet MVP of Chapo

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1009925318751244289

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I read it a bit, it's nice to have reporting on how the police needlessly brutalize a black person nearly every single day.

their bad articles are real bad though. lots of "here's the pormanteau of two swears that we're calling Trump today" and how random d-list celebrities are important for black people everywhere. you better believe they defended Joy Ann Reid

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

buy the book

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

master of marketing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

OmanyteJackson posted:

I'll be generous and say the Root is like 70% good but there is a certain kind of privilege that damages there psycology. this Champagne Sharks podcast kind of breaks down this kind of writer, there relationship to their white readers, and how more normal black people react these kind of takes.
I'm definitely going to listen to that. I don't understand how a celebrity getting pregnant is a victory for all black people, but I'm a white man so I get to take representation for granted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1010188785299218432
https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1010187392773484546