Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

They're too afraid to step on the movie's toes so they keep making prequels and now we have to figure out why Federation tech and aesthetics regressed 200 years in a decade.

God, who cares about that stuff. That's like the least important thing to worry about when it comes to trek continuity. We all know the answer is "we have better special effects and a bigger budget now". Like if the Goren showed up and no longer looked like a guy in a 10 cent halloween mask it wouldn't break my immersion or make me wonder why their species diverged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yup, they sure did knock it out of the park on the Gorn re-imagining.....

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
For shows TVIV people have not all turned on, I just finished rewatching Terriers for like the 6th time. I had to do it on my phone since it’s off Netflix and I bought it on iTunes when it first aired, but it definitely puts Goliath and Sneaky Pete to shame and I love those shows. Rest in piece, sweet prince.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
drat! Calamity Jane cleans up nice!

And also Dietland is pretty good so far, looking forward to the rest of the season. I don't think I heard or read about it anywhere before seeing it mentioned in this thread and I haven't since. Has AMC just not been marketing anywhere? I subjected myself to the most recent season of TWD, but otherwise don't watch AMC much.

I definitely get the comparisons to Fight Club and Mr. Robot but that seems mostly limited to the Jennifer stuff, rather than Plum herself, unless I've been missing a poo poo ton of foreshadowing.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I don’t think I’ve seen a single billboard for Dietland in NYC, which is a shame because it’s a great show (and gets much loving crazier :ssh:)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Have you seen past what's aired already? Sneak previews or something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Yup, they sure did knock it out of the park on the Gorn re-imagining.....

Is that from Enterprise.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Inspector 34 posted:

Have you seen past what's aired already? Sneak previews or something?

Maybe he read the book?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
flyingexec does tend to get to see certain things early. I assumed he worked in the industry in some way, as a critic or maybe on sets of things but I was leaning towards the former

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why would they do a sequel to TNG and, if they have to do one, why is it about Picard and not Worf.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Why would they do a sequel to TNG and, if they have to do one, why is it about Picard and not Worf.

Well for one thing Worf sucks major rear end.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

Is that from Enterprise.

Yes, yes it is.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Apparently Disney has made a bigger offer now, so Fox will be run into the ground by them and not Comcast, which I guess is the better option? Get ready for Star Wars Night Court and poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We all know eventually Apple or Amazon will just outright buy Disney in the future. Apple has over 200 billion in cash.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

Apparently Disney has made a bigger offer now, so Fox will be run into the ground by them and not Comcast, which I guess is the better option? Get ready for Star Wars Night Court and poo poo.

Wait... i'd watch that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's hard to argue that Fox has been run better in the past decade.

quote:

In a statement, Fox said the new deal is significantly better than Disney’s earlier offer and “is superior to the proposal made by the Comcast Corporation.”

So, I think this is pretty much a done deal now. Comcast had to get financing to offer their deal, so they aren't exactly in a position for a bidding war.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 20, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

With how burnt out I am of of Star Wars and Night Court:

Rocksicles posted:

Wait... i'd watch that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

IRQ posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of Star Wars Night Court. Chewie could be the bailiff!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

Wait... i'd watch that.

I mean... I didn't say I wouldn't.

bull3964 posted:

It's hard to argue that Fox has been run better in the past decade.

I don't know, Fox took risks on things nobody else would, even if they didn't usually give things much change to breathe when they did. Disney is nothing if not a play it safe company.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

I mean... I didn't say I wouldn't.

I don't know, Fox took risks on things nobody else would, even if they didn't usually give things much change to breathe when they did. Disney is nothing if not a play it safe company.

Eh, I'm hoping that there's not much of a change, and it's more like Hollywood/Touchtone pictures, owned by Disney, but not what people think of as Disney.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jordan Peele's doing a Lovecraft-y series for HBO

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, Jordan Peele is keeping busy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
It might be part of the whole "only one black actor at a time" seeping now into "one black director" type thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

swickles posted:

It might be part of the whole "only one black actor at a time" seeping now into "one black director" type thing.

Black Highlander is real.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

swickles posted:

You mean black EPs/showrunners? There are many black TV directors

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
We're living in a world where Ripley is now a Disney princess.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

swickles posted:

It may be more that he's extremely talented and just won an Oscar and so he's really hot right now and everyone wants him on their projects

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BrandonGK posted:

We're living in a world where Ripley is now a Disney princess.

I'm ok with that

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Who knew his true passion was horror?

What happened to Key? I'm much more into comedy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uyq0aMRw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zdp1RfoyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs

Also Key was in Impulse for five seconds and is also doing Rocket Mortgage commercials :smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IRQ posted:

Keegan's in Shane Black's new Predator movie... and he was in that weird Skyrim for Amazon Echo joke at Bethesda's E3 showcase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEW6dX_BmU

e: he's also got that Netflix show Friends from College

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arist posted:

Keegan's in Shane Black's new Predator movie... and he was in that weird Skyrim for Amazon Echo joke at Bethesda's E3 showcase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEW6dX_BmU

I would actually play a text adventure over Echo version of Skyrim, that would probably be the only way to actually enjoy it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
You post all those horror-inspired Key and Peele sketches and forget how they turned a silly meme video into a twisted comic-horror short film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-Dd71CqnM

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Those were just the ones I could remember off of the top of my head. Also when that sketch went viral my roommates changed my alarm ringtone to that song so it drives me to madness!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zoux posted:

Also Key was in Impulse for five seconds and is also doing Rocket Mortgage commercials :smith:

Its weird because on one level I think you could argue that Key has had the more high profile career where people would actually recognize him while Peele has objectively been more successful but I still sometimes accidently confuse him with Jeffrey Wright.

Arist posted:

But that was real bad.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

STAC Goat posted:

Its weird because on one level I think you could argue that Key has had the more high profile career where people would actually recognize him while Peele has objectively been more successful but I still sometimes accidently confuse him with Jeffrey Wright.

But that was real bad.

I didn't watch it, but I did hear that. I think it's getting a second season though, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

BrandonGK posted:

We're living in a world where Ripley the Queen Xenomorph is now a Disney princess.

:colbert: actual royalty, thank you very much

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

You post all those horror-inspired Key and Peele sketches and forget how they turned a silly meme video into a twisted comic-horror short film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-Dd71CqnM

I mean I know they're doing other, great stuff but I really wouldn't mind just one more season of Key and Peele, especially in this political climate.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Skyrim on amazon echo isn't a joke, it's real and free to download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry, too afraid of being eaten by a grue