Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I mean, considering in Magius form he looked like Swole Heterochromic Dracula, just Dracula is actually somehow less edgy in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Okay, let’s deal with this quick so we can move on to more important things. Tieria, Alto, Setsuna and Fei-Yen are deploying as event units, so here’s how we’re going:
Dancouga/Deceive
Yamashita/Canaria
Arnie/Saya
Talisman/Hebi
Kouichi/Kiki
Ozma/Lux
Moritsugu/Eida
Shinn/Luna
Michel/Klan
Amalgan/Allelujah
Aesap/Miu
Tactician: Moritsugu

Off we go.

We open up at the Frontier, and Howard’s very grateful that we heroes decided to help them. Of course, the Vajra are too big a problem for us to simply ignore, as Moritsugu notes – they’ll have to be dealt with sooner or later. Now, about the fortress that’s headed for Earth, Mishima figures it’d be faster to just show us a picture of it.
What we see is worrisome, as the fortress is stupidly huge – more like a planetoid, in Shinn’s eyes – and from what Howard’s been briefed, it was lost to the Vajra about a century ago. Their current theory is that this flock of Vajra also came to this universe in pursuit of the Frontier Fleet, just like the other flock that’s been harassing us.
Howard says that while the Frontier’s still investigating what’s what, the issue at hand is eliminating the Vajra inside the Boddole Zer before they cause any trouble. How do our odds look? Well, Saya points out that our Valkyries have been equipped with new Reactive Munitions and we’re expected to be receiving help from the Federation Army, but Tieria thinks that’s unlikely to be enough to offset the enormous numerical disadvantage we’ll have.

In other words, Sumeragi sees, we’re not going to win this if we try to outlast them – we need to find a way to destroy their nest entire. Well, as luck would have it, Mishima says that their investigation has revealed that the fortress has an inactive nuclear reactor inside. So if we can get in there and blow the thing up, we can take care of that problem in one fell swoop.
But how are we going to break through the swarm of Vajra and get inside to begin with? Ah, but Mishima wouldn’t have asked for our help if they didn’t have something in mind; and that plan revolves around Luca’s RVF-25, with its custom Aegis Pack.
You see, the pillar that supports the humongous Vajra flock is their ability to communicate with each other via Fold Waves. It’s what enables them to coordinate perfectly and adapt to pretty much any strategy we throw at them. On the other hand, Tieria sees, if you can find a way to jam their communications, that coordination goes right out the window.

Mishima appreciates a quick study, adding that the Frontier’s successfully developed a device capable of doing just that. It’s still undergoing trials, but he’s certain a prodigy like Luca can make good use of it. And when the Vajra are all weakened, we go inside the fortress and blow up its nuclear reactor. That’s the overall gist of the operation, and Arnie figures the rest’ll come down to our own teamwork… Only a certain guy disagrees, figuring he’s all we’ll need to pull this off.
It’s Descartes, having been dispatched by the Federation to assist with today’s op. Mishima’s heard of him as the guy responsible for dropping the Europa, so it speaks well of his skill. Tieria isn’t listening, though, as he quickly pings the guy as not even an Innovade, but an Innovator.

Descartes’s a bit disappointed that he didn’t get a chance to meet with Setsuna, our own Innovator – he wanted to get his take on the idea of certain entities resonating with the Vajra. Is Descartes implying the things have allies? Who knows; that’s for other people to look into, and Descartes figures it’ll be a moot point once he’s destroyed all of the buggers.
Pretty confident guy, Lockon sniffs, but, again, Innovator.

: Hrk…! *cough, wheeze.*
: The V-Type Infection in your throat’s getting worse. You know there’s only one way to fix this…
: What, to undergo surgery and have them cut out my vocal chords? Is that what you’re suggesting…?!
: I’m not doing it. I’m not giving up on my voice…!
: I’m sure you remember that the contract we made was that you’d just be a stand-in until Code Q1 was located…
: But I’ve always been singing of my own volition! If the options on the table are death or going mute, it’ll take death!
: Even if that means you’ll never see him again?
: I…!

: Oh, dear, what will it be? Will you abdicate your role as heroine to another…?
: Wh-Who…?!

*Kicks door!*

: Get down!

*Gunshot!*

: Hmhmhm… Not quite. You’ll have to aim better than that.
: (What…?! I missed at this range?! No… was I made to miss?!)
: And what kind of greeting is that, rushing in and shooting at someone? Didn’t mommy teach you some manners…?
: Are you a Frontier spy… Are you even human…?
: Oho, people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, you know.
: (She knows about us…?!)
: But, no, I’m just a simple fan of the beautiful Galactic Fairy.
: Which is why I absolutely must talk to you. You see, I know a way for you to keep both your life and your music.
: You… can help me…?
: You were meant as a stand-in until the real songstress was found…
: Then all you have to do is a little switcheroo. And, luckily, there’s a way for you to take the role as leading singer for yourself!
: Isn’t that right, dear manager?
: …
: What does she mean, Grace…?
: … There is a way to save you, just like she said.
: It’s to transplant all the blood and organs of a person that’s immune to the V-Type Infection onto you…
: But then the donor would…!
: Ahahahah! Bingo! That would be the lead singer’s cue to exit the stage!
: Come on! Come on now! What will it be, Galactic Fairy? Do you have a hankering for that forbidden fruit?
: Hmhmhm, the choice is entirely up to you. I’ve told you the truth and that’s my part done…

*Swoooooosh…*

: She disappeared?!
: I’m going after her!

*Leaves.*

: Sheryl, are you alright…?
: Grace… were you telling the truth back there?
: I was… and it’s certainly a way to save both your life and your voice.
: But the person that’s immune to the V-Type Infection…
: Yes, her life and her voice would be forever lost in exchange…
: Code Q1… The Superdimensional Cinderella, Ranka Lee, would lose everything…

: Goodness! Everyone’s here…!
: Well, we were in the area for work.
: Hey, Ranka! It’s been a while!
: I hope we’re not bothering you or anything, turning up right before your show starts…
: Of course not – I’m so happy to see you guys! Thank you so much for coming!
: Pii!
: Heheh, Ai-kun’s also happy that you’re here, I think.
: Here, Ranka, a friend asked me to deliver this to you.
: Ooh… what a beautiful bouquet! And there’s a card? Let’s see…
: ‘Good luck on your first solo concern!’ by Furuya!
: Ah, that’s Hayase’s friend.
: Though, if I remember, he said he was a huge fan of mine…
: Eeh… Apparently, his explanation is that he’s only expanding the list of singers he’s a huge fan of…
: Hm, wonder if we should call that being open-minded or just playin’ both sides…
: Hahahah, I think he’s just a fan of Idol singers in general.
: Speaking of, I’m a bit surprised you wanted to come with us, Setsuna… Can it be that you actually like Idols?
: No way, that’s just…
: … To tell the truth, Ranka Lee’s had my interest for a while now.
: Ah…?
: Oh, I did not see THAT coming!
: (What is there to her song…? What is it that’s resounding with them…?)
: Well, what do you know, Ranka? You’ve got the Innovator’s seal of approval!
: Eheheh… I don’t even know what to say. Are you guys staying for the show?
: Sorry, we can’t… We’re setting off for a mission in a few, you know how it is…
: Oh… right, I guess so…
: But it’s fine. You’re all fighting to help the whole world…
: Ranka…
: Then, Ranka, why don’t you hold onto this?
: It’s… some mini-wireless microphone?
: It’s a prototype our company’s just made.
: Wear it, and it should transmit your song to our units in real-time.
: Real-time transmission through space with that tiny thing? Pretty impressive…
: All thanks to the Fold Quartz that’s installed in it.
: Fold Quartz? That’s the stuff they use in some of our Valkyries’ gear, right?
: Hmhmm. These stones have the natural property of being able to transmit people’s minds.
: We figured we could use that property for a bunch of other things – that’s how we came up with that mic.
: It transmits people’s minds, huh? Kinda sounds like that Odyssite.
: (People’s minds… their thoughts… Then maybe the stone in Sheryl’s earring is…)
: Thank you so much, Luca! I’ll give this concert 200% and make sure my song finds its way to you guys!
: Whereas we promise you we’ll trash that Vajra nest. That way you can sing without worrying about the bugs.
: Huh…? Your mission’s an attack on the Vajra…?
: Is there a problem, Ranka…?
: U-Um… Are you really sure the Vajra are evil?
: Where’d that come from…?
: Well, back when I was trapped inside that Vajra…
: I know I was supposed to be scared, but… I just had this feeling of familiarity. Like I was home, surrounded by family and friends…
: Hey, are you listening to yourself? These are the Vajra we’re talking about.
: But…
: Yeah, the reports we’ve gotten have shown that they’ve got really tiny brains and aren’t all that intelligent…
: But does having a tiny brain mean they don’t have a heart?
: Does a singing cricket have no feelings, no heart at all? Do these flowers feel absolutely nothing?
: Ranka, you…
: But, errr… Even if they DO have a heart, they’re still attacking us for no reason, you know? We don’t really have a choice here.
: Yeah… Way too many people have lost their lives because of the Vajra.
: I just can’t bring myself to believe that creatures that’d do stuff like that have a heart…
: I… I guess you’re right… Sorry, I shouldn’t be bringing this up right as you’re heading out.
: Don’t worry about it. And whatever happens, we’ll protect the fleet and this world from the Vajra.
: And that includes you, too, of course.
: Thanks…
: (But there was a resonance between the Vajra and song. I felt it…)
: (If we can pry open another way – one that doesn’t involve violence – then the future of mankind might just…)

Mission 33 (Vajra Route) – The Hour of Dialogue

: That is a nest, alright… there’s a ton of them…!
: The more spectators, the better, I say! I want my song to get through to all of them!
: What’s gotten Fei this hyped-up?
: Well, we’d previously established that her song was effective against the Vajra.
: Right, so we asked her to lead the charge to speed up our operation.
: Her song is effective against the Vajra? It’s just like when Sheryl or Ranka are singing, then.
: Hmph… You’re awful chatty when the enemy’s sitting right up front…!

*Descartes blasts ahead.*

: Descartes Shaman, Gadelaza! Moving to engage the enemy vanguard!
: Cpt. Shaman, wait – that’s too dangerous! Don’t break formation!

: Wh-What the…
: The Federation’s Innovator’s that strong…?
: These pests are hardly a match for the power of an Innovator…

*Woooom.*

: Hrgh…?!
: Huh… This sensation was…!
: Th-That’s…!
: Kch… There’s a voice ringing through my head… What’s going on?!
: What happened, Erebos?! What voice?!
: Something’s wrong with Fei and Setsuna… What in blazes…?!
: B-Be careful… It’s…!

: The ELS?! Why now…?!
: A-Aargh… gaaah…!

*Descartes heads after the ELS group.*

: Fed, what’re you doing…?!

*Wooooooom.*

: My…head…!
: Are you the ones MESSING WITH MY HEAAAAAAD?!

: Rrrgh… The noise! There’s so much noise!
: You’re in too deep! Come back…!

: This is bad! They’re gonna nab him if we don’t do something!
: Artillery strike on the ELS mob! Clear an escape path!

: I-It’s not working! There’re too many of them…!
: The Gadelaza is…!
: Th-They’re… fusing with my unit… grargh…
: Uwaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

: Tch…!
: Friendly’s gone from radar! Unable to verify if the pilot’s alive or not…!
: No… way…
: They killed a real Innovator like he was nothing…
: That’s enough quivering! Don’t forget what we’re here for!
: Hrm… So, we’ve to deal with the Vajra and the ELS?! It won’t be easy, but we gotta find a way to make it happen…!
: To think we’d wind up finding both these creatures… But those are still enemies we’ve to destroy.
: Our mission remains the same: make our way towards the center of the fortress and eliminate anything that’s in the way!

Kill everything, don’t lose a ship, Setsuna, Alto, Luca or Fei-Yen. The start of this mission’s the more dangerous part simply because you’re caught in the enemy’s pincer attack. Way I see it, the simplest solution is to just head a wee bit north of the starting area and let the enemy come to you until you get a good morale lead.
Let your dodgier guys hang to the east and deal with the ELS, lest your Supers go the rest of the mission on fumes. Make good use of Command Auras and AoE skills when you can to increase your chances of not getting plinked, and as your morale gets good, you can start heading up and dealing with the bigger guys.

:siren: SRW UX - Lion

:siren: SRW UX - Envoy from Jupiter

: I feel something – like their mind – flowing through the Quantum Brainwaves…
: Talk to me! Why did you come here?!

: Hrgh… The flow of information is just too great to try and parse their thoughts…
: We’ll need to find another way if we want to talk with them…!

: Kch… Is this the ELS’ mind that Setsuna told us about? It’s echoing through my head…!
: Goddamn, these things are kicking up a storm in our brains! Get the hell outta my face!

:siren: SRW UX - Lion

: (What if Ranka’s right, and these bugs really do have a heart of their own…?)
: (No, I can’t think that way – they’re still the enemy! They’re the ones who wreck our towns and kill our people without any provocation! And I won’t stop hitting back while they keep with that…!)

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel

: Sorry, Ranka… I’ll be honest, I don’t really know what’s going on inside these things’ heads.
: But they’re hurting people, so that doesn’t leave me with any choice! I gotta fight them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKsnEzTT8s
Did you know you can shoot down the incoming ELS? Moritsugu’s command bonus is particularly good against them because it REALLY makes your guys likely to proc something against the incoming swarm (the ELS don’t have a high Skill stat, either).

And when turn 3 rolls over…

: Hrm, there’s no end to them! We can’t keep this up forever…!
: We’ve our hands full with just the Vajra! Adding these things on top is just…!
: I’m going in!
: Are you nuts, Setsuna?! Not even you can take them all on by yourself!
: No, I’ll engage the Raiser System and spread the GN Particle mental-affinity field!
: You’re going to try and communicate with the ELS?!
: What, you think you can get through to those things?! There’s no way…!
: If we let the fear of not being understood, of failing to communicate, stop us from taking the first step, then nothing’ll ever change… Our world will never change…!
: ?!

*Setsuna moves into the mob of ELS.*

: Uooooooooh!

“Hrgh…! Who are you?!”

“What are you looking for?! Why did you come here?!”

“Answer me!”

: Talk to me! What are you after…?

*OOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOO*

: …?!
: What’s wrong, Setsuna…?!
: A…gh…
: Gwaaaaaaaaaaah!

: The ELS are fusing with the 00 Raiser!
: Stop them, or they'll do to him what they did to that pilot!
: Everyone forward! Rescue Setsuna!

: Crap…! We can’t even get close to him…!
: Setsuna’s not the only one in trouble… We’re all on the way to getting overwhelmed and wrecked at the pace we’re going…!

*Alarm!*

: ELS fusion rate with the 00’s at 90%! It’s reaching the cockpit!
: An…swer…me… What… are you…!
: Setsuna, you’re still…?!
: Gaaaaaaaaah!
: Hrm… ELS! Can’t you tell that he’s trying to talk to you?!
: And, yet, all you care about is consuming him…!
: Alto…!
: Are you really just mindless hunks of metal?! Do you feel absolutely nothing at all?!
: Rrrgh…aaaaaah…!
: Fusion rate: 95%! We’re not going to make it…!
: SETSUNAAA!

: Wh-What…?!
: All those ELS were brought down in the blink of an eye…!
: I know that attack… It’s!

:siren: SRW UX - You Are Similar to Me
:siren: :siren:

: The Freedom… Kira Yamato!
: ELS, aliens… I’d like to think that even you are trying to protect something

: But if that pushes you to set fire to our world, to shut down the path to our future, then…!
: Athrun…!
: Then we’re forced to make a choice and take a stand…!
: To protect the future of all mankind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqthbob_IHI

: Wow… Those are…
: The two super aces from the 2nd Alliance-PLANTs War…

*The two bots fly over to Setsuna.*

: A-A Gun…dam…
: Get here and bring in the pilot! He’s in too much risk!

: Allow me. I’ll take it from here.
: You’re…!

: Have the medical team dispatched! Hurry!
: The boy’s in your hands!
: Maj. Graham Aker?! What’re you doing here…?
: It’s been a long time, Ensign Berge. We’ve a lot of catching up to do, but…
: That’ll have to wait until we’re through this mess! I trust you two Gundams are also ready to go…?!
: We are. This is what we returned to the battlefield to do!
: To clear the way for our future – with our own two hands!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 8, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Strike Freedom Gundam (Kira Yamato)
Pilot Skills:
SEED
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L1
Counter
All-Attack L1
Spirit Commands:
Sense
Focus
Mercy
Snipe
Mech Features:
Sword
Gun
Beam Shield
VPS Armor
Hyper Deuterion Engine
Squad Bonus: Ranged attacks’ power +100, Accuracy +5 (Ranged attacks +200, Accuracy +20, S in Space)
Kira’s voice actor: Soichiro Hoshi (other roles: Brera in Macross F, Sanada Yukimura in Sengoku Basara, Chaos in Xenosaga, and a ton more)

Infinite Justice Gundam (Athrun Zala)
Pilot Skills:
SEED
Support Attack L2
Support Defense L1
Command L1
All-Attack L1
Spirit Commands:
Sense
Focus
Accelerate
Justice (正義) – reduces own EN, MP and Ammo cost to 0 for the next turn.
Mech Features:
Sword
Gun
Beam Shield
VPS Armor
Hyper Deuterion Engine
Squad Bonus: Melee attacks’ power +100, Mobility +5 (Melee attacks +200, Mobility +20, S in Space)
Athrun’s voice actor: Akira Ishida (other roles: Tellius, Mekibos and the Machinery Children in SRW OGs, Kaworu in Evangelion, Gaara in Naruto, Luke Skywalker in Star Wars and a ton more)

We’ve been through this THRICE ALREADY! Big huge stats on Jesus, only pilot who I’d consider can give Maya competition for best sniper, fan-fire MAPW as in L and W, etc. etc. Use him as a lead (get him Hit & Away), unless you just don’t like his face – still recommend at least making him a squaddie.
Athrun is Kira -1, and with a melee focus. Still pretty dang good. Only new thing is that his Phantom-01 actually has a MAPW version that hits 1-8 in a straight line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVkju5DSXug
And here are the Valkyries new Reactive Munitions.

: I’ll sink my feet into the ground and fight any enemy that threatens peace, even ones I cannot fathom! Such is my pride as a soldier!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWcG9tBZ3o
First time we fight one of these buggers, so here’s it in action.

: I’m ready and willing to shoulder every burden now that I’ve returned to the battlefield – the burden of our lives, of our resolve and our future!
: The man standing here isn’t the son of Chairman Zala or Alex Dino! I’m Athrun Zala of the UX, nothing more and nothing less!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDyWR3k_Z6M
And here’s Graham’s new strongest attack, with his Sol Brave mooks to help!

: All ELS in the sector are confirmed destroyed!
: Now we can follow our original plan and focus on the Vajra!

Mind, as you start dwindling the Vajra numbers…

: Tsk… This isn’t working. We kill one and three more crop up in its place!
: (They still haven’t activated that device of theirs…?)
: There – the concert’s started just now! If all goes right…!

:siren: SRW UX - Interstellar Flight (LIVE in Alcatraz)

: ♪~
: That’s…!
: Ranka’s song!

: Nice, the Vajra are slowing down…!
: It’s the effect of her song! Its Fold Waves are jamming the Vajra’s inner communications!
: Don’t let this chance slip by our fingers, troops! Break through their lines and trash that fortress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKqDzsUrilA
Hey, did you know the Quarter gained a new final attack during mission 24? I only now realized it! :v:

: It’s possible our fighting’ll eventually bring about new sorrow… And I understand that there’s no such thing as a 100% righteous battle…
: But I’ve made a decision to help pave the way for our future! And I won’t look back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kbpKvynI2M

And as you dwindle the Vajra numbers again…

: The enemy’s defensive lines are falling apart! We’ve our way into the fortress…!

: L-Look at the size of that thing…! Think it’s the boss of their hive?
: Tsk… And, of course, it’s blocking our path inside!
: Meaning we won’t be getting in the fortress until we trash it!
: Still, we’d have to do so sooner or later. This hive will not fall while the leader stands.
: Right on! So let’s suck it up and get to work!

Vajra Bishop-Class
Pilot Skills:
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L2
All-Attack L1
Mech Features:
Fold Barrier
30% HP and EN Regen
All Canceller

Big blob of HP but the lack of Prevail means we can tear it down on one turn. The problem is getting in range, as it’s very well equipped to blast all your guys – complete with a MAPW that blasts in a 1-8 arc (mind, it can’t hit in the column straight in front of the Bishop) – but, thankfully, it’s not too accurate.
If you still have a Confuse cast available, pop it on approach, clear off the remaining Vajra and drop the Bishop to end the mission. If not, your Reals should be safe from the MAPW, so just make sure your Supers and ships are flying inside the blind-spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfH3mOQws8
Here’s the thing’s strongest move but, more importantly, Arnie’s first own-screen usage of the warp skill!

Now, the plot kicks in once you get the Bishop under 50% HP and that’s when the pre-battle convos actually start playing. So, to save on space and keep things flowing nicely, let’s jump to it now and then we’ll get the battle rolling properly.

: Blah, the boss-bug’s really making us work for it…!
: …!

: It doesn’t know when to give up…!

: Gch…!
: You okay, Luca?!
: I-I’m fine, but… that attack just wrecked my transmitter…!

: drat, the Vajra are feeling better…!
: Because Ranka’s song stopped…?!
: Never mind that, we’re already running low on resources! If they call in a new mob of Vajra, we’ll be in big trouble!
: I’ll do it!

*Fei moves in front of the Boddole Zer.*

: Fei…?!
: I don’t really know what’ll happen this time… I’m kind of scared it won’t help, but if there’s a chance my song can get us through this…
: Then I’ll sing! I’ll sing for Ranka, for Setsuna… for everyone! I’ll put all your emotions to song!

:siren: Chieko Higuchi - Believe
:siren: :siren:

: This wavelength is…!
: It’s very similar to Ranka’s Fold Song?!

: Look… the Vajra’re being subdued by her song!
: One last push, people! Time to finish the leader off!

: Monsters entranced by song… I can appreciate the different side you’re displaying, but this is still an opening I need to exploit!

: Their songs, their emotions, make it through to anyone who listens, no matter who that is…
: And, in that case, I know what I must do!

: Even in a different time and in a different battlefield, there’s always power to song – to the voice of a songstress that prays for peace!
: And I’ll also do my part for as long as their feelings remain with me!

: I won’t stop until all our emotions get through to you. And that includes Ranka, Setsuna’s…
: And that girl’s emotions too!

: So it wasn’t just a one-time thing – Fei’s song really works on the Vajra. But how? Is there some hidden power to her, Sheryl and Ranka’s music?

: I’m not wasting this opportunity! I might not know what kind of power their songs have, but the feelings packed in those lyrics are as clear as day – and they won’t be for nothing!

: Well, dang, Fei’s song really is just as effective as theirs. Now, I get that you’re digging the music so much its got you stunned, but I’m gonna have to cut that short!

: Fei’s song is also getting through to them… Are the Vajra really reacting to the emotions in her lyrics…?
: But… but that’s a question for another time! If we let these guys go, Earth’ll…!

: Are they acting like this because they heard Fei’s song…? Are they actually being moved by it…?
: No… No, look at everything they’ve done – all the people they’ve killed! These things are heartless…! They have to be…!

: That Vajra’s still kicking…?!
: The enemy’s movements are very sluggish, though. Now is when you attack…!
: You’re—…!

:siren: SRW UX - The Target.

: It’s that Galaxy Valkyrie – Brera’s…!
: This is Antares 1 to the UX. I’m moving in to assist you.

*Brera flies after the Bishop.*

: He says “assist”, but it’s looking more like he’s trying to take the thing out by himself!
: He’s not, because I won’t pass this on to someone who just got here! I’m going too!

: Don’t stray from the team, Alto!
: But we can’t let up either, or we’ll miss the opening Setsuna and Fei gave us!
: I figured you’d come… Back me up, Alto! We’ll wipe out every single one of these Vajra!
: “Wipe them out…”
: (Setsuna was ready to risk his life trying to communicate with an alien species…)
: (Meanwhile, I…)
: If you’re not going to attack, then leave!
: Someone who’s not willing to pull the trigger when needed has no business being here…!
: No, I’ll do it! I’m here, right now, as a pilot…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUEMo5hPHpQ

: (That’s…!)

: Aaaargh!
: Hrm…!

*Kira flies over to Alto.*

*Any surviving Vajra and ELS run away now.*

: Where’s Alto?! Is he alright?!
: Yes, he’s fine.
: Hrgh…
: He seems to be a bit injured, but I don’t think his life’s at risk.
: I see… Thank you for bailing him out of that blast.
: Mission complete. Returning…
: Stop right there, you! The hell’s wrong with you, ignoring a wounded wingman and taking off…?!
: My Valkyrie’s also damaged. Besides, I’m sure you’ll get him back to your ship and patch him up.
: That is all.

: Always such a friendly guy, eh?
: Delta 1 to all units, the mission is a success. We’ve confirmed the target’s destruction and we’re detecting no signs of any enemy forces.
: Repeat, there are no signs of the enemy. Halt combat operations and set a course back to the ship…
: (That Vajra sent out a massive Fold Wave when it died…)
: (The direction it went might just be…)

Back at the Frontier, Luca reports everything that happened – the data collected has already been passed on to the lab for analysis. As the call ends, Mishima is so happy: the outcome of the operation was far better than what he and Howard anticipated. The bugs won’t be running roughshod around them any longer!
“Rejoice, Mr. President. The day the Frontier Fleet ascends to glory is nigh,” Mishima gloats to Howard, before shifting to his inner monologue. “And that calls for a little something to be done first…”

: Well, that battle was as tough as we figured it’d be. And the ELS surprise appearance sure didn’t help things…
: Right. Not only did we spend a lot of resources there, the bigger issue is our injured teammates.
: How’re they doing?
: There wasn’t anything major with Alto – just some superficial wounds. He’s being treated and should be discharged from the hospital soon.
: On the other hand…
: It’s not as simple for Setsuna, right?
: He’s suffered severe brain damage from the massive flow of information that poured in when he tried sharing his mind with the ELS’.
: He’s currently in a coma, and it’s anyone’s guess if he’ll ever recover…
: He…
: But what possessed him to even try that sort of thing…?
: I suppose he was just trying to find a way to communicate with the ELS.
: A way that didn’t involve fighting…

: Setsuna…
: Feldt, I know you’re worried about him, but you should also get some rest…
: We’re moving in to dock at Island 1 now, so why not take some time off while we’re there?
: No, I want to stay here a while longer…

*Door opens.*

: You’ve been looking for a way for people to better understand one another, and now you’ve even tried reaching out to the ELS…
: Blazing a trail for our future… that’s what your fight’s always been, isn’t that right, boy?
: Maj. Graham…
: (Graham Aker… the Ensign’s former superior officer…)
: You look well, Ensign.
: Maj. Graham, I…
: You’ve no need to explain yourself, Ensign.
: I only have to look at you to see that you’ve uncovered where your beliefs lie, and what path to follow…
: Now, Maj. Ronin’s pulled some strings, and I’ve also been assigned to work with the UX – effective immediately.
: Then…
: Yes, we’ll ride together once more. That said, it won’t be as subordinate and superior officer, but as comrades-in-arms.
: You got it…!

: It’s been a long time, Lunamaria, Shinn…
: Good to see you again, Athrun. And…
: Here we finally are…
: I’d always wondered when we’d meet again like this…
: I’m sorry it couldn’t happen sooner, but there’s always so much to do. Still, what I told you back the first time we met is still true to this day.
: Let’s fight together, Shinn. We’ll try and make sure those flowers are never wiped out again… and even if they are, we’ll carry on replanting them…
: Kira Yamato…
: Exactly. That’s what we’re all fighting for.
: So, you’ll be coming with us too, Athrun?
: I am. Glad we’ll finally be able to fight shoulder-to-shoulder, Lunamaria.
: Hahah… And I promise you I won’t be dragging anyone down this time, Athrun.
: As for you, Shinn, you’ve done a great job.
: Are you pulling my leg? Do you know how hard things’ve been for us…?
: Shinn…?!
: But I guess they say hardship is the best teacher, so there’s that.
: I hope you’re ready to buckle down, because there’s a lot of learning in store for you, too, Cpt. Athrun!
: Ah…
: … Aye, aye. You can count on me, Shinn.

: He’s a good man.
: Huh…?
: Athrun’s told me of how hard Shinn tries to make his dreams real.
: Um… Are you really going to trust us to watch your back? You, Kira Yamato, the Super Coordinator…?
: Yes, and not just to watch my back. All of us are trusting you with our strength, our emotions and our wishes.
: That’s the path we chose to follow in order to shape our future…
: And the path Setsuna would also like to take.

: Sure you should be hanging out here? Don’t you have work to do?
: Shush, you. It’s not everyday I visit the infirm, so how about some gratitude?
: Hahah… Yeah, thanks…
: But are you really okay? I heard you were hurt pretty bad…
: They’re giving me the full regenerative medicine treatment. Still hurts a bit, but I’ll be better soon enough.
: I see…
: Something the matter, Sheryl…?
: Your wounds’ll be healed, and then you’ll go flying again.
: That’s the plan. Flying’s what I live for.
: Alto, um…!
: I don’t want you to be a pilot anymore. You don’t have to be out there, risking your life…!
: There are plenty of pilots around, but there’s…
: There’s only one Alto Saotome, you know…!
: Sheryl…

*Door opens!*

: Hey, Alto, how are you...
: Ah…?! Sheryl…?
: Ranka…?
: I guess I’m interrupting something… I’m so sorry…!
: W-Wait, Ranka…!

* :tfrxmas: *

: Don’t move!
: Wh-What the hell are you…?!
: As much as I would’ve loved to watch this drama some more, I’m afraid that’s not in the cards.
: You’re the president’s aide… What do you want with me?!
: With you? Nothing at all. My business is with this girl.
: Isn’t that right, False Songstress…?
: Sheryl…? What’s going on…?
: Sheryl Nome, you are under arrest for a grand total of twelve crimes, including suspicion of espionage and violating the Statute of Secrecy!

Both Graham and Athrun are tacticians, and already come with their second bonuses unlocked: both have +25% chance of activating defensive skills, but Athrun boosts melee weapons’ damage by 10%, whereas Graham boosts counterattack damage by 10%.

Oh, and in case you’re wondering, when Arnie and Saya attack anything, they have the same convo they did in the other route:

: Ensign, I’ll assume control of both our units’ engines once we’re combined. I’ll try and make sure it all operates as best as can be…
: Don’t worry about it, and don’t hold anything back! It’s your being here that brings our units’ full power to light! Here we go, Orphes/Odyssea!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 8, 2018

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Naia is channeling BlazBlue's Hazama something fierce.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
: Hello, I am an Innovator
: I am very arrogant
: OH NO ELS
:roboluv:
: BLARGH

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
When is the miscommunications/pop music weapon plot going to make way for the modern hero of breaking cultural boundaries?

Stupid pet pictures.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alacron posted:

: Hello, I am an Innovator
: I am very arrogant
: OH NO ELS
:roboluv:
: BLARGH

"I am a genius!"

"Oh, no!"

Materant posted:

Naia is channeling BlazBlue's Hazama something fierce.

What's he do there, for those not familiar with BlazBlue?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I really hope they manage to work Miku into the upcoming Macross nonsense.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Kira was my third highest ace in the game, mostly due to MAP abuse. Knowing your past habits, he probably would end up there for you too if not for NG+ keeping (and inflating) with the killcounts. Probably has one of if not the best MAP in the game, I used him to kill many-a multiple bosses who retreat when one is downed. Making a fancy entrance in this mission too. Probably the best part of it, though in his detractors' favor that's not a high bar to clear given it's about Macross F and the 00 Movie.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

SirSystemError posted:

Kira was my third highest ace in the game, mostly due to MAP abuse. Knowing your past habits, he probably would end up there for you too if not for NG+ keeping (and inflating) with the killcounts.

Funny you say that, since he's already joined as the top ace, with a total of 754 kills (followed by Shou with 747 and Tieria with 710). But, yes, all the NG++ bucks'll likely (50/50 shot, actually) help me stave off MAPWing everything in sight.

On a semi-related note, I recorded the next mission yesterday, and Magami had precisely 666 kills! Mind, I only noticed it after everything was done and he'd already killed 2 mooks during the fight. :cripes:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

Funny you say that, since he's already joined as the top ace, with a total of 754 kills (followed by Shou with 747 and Tieria with 710). But, yes, all the NG++ bucks'll likely (50/50 shot, actually) help me stave off MAPWing everything in sight.

On a semi-related note, I recorded the next mission yesterday, and Magami had precisely 666 kills! Mind, I only noticed it after everything was done and he'd already killed 2 mooks during the fight. :cripes:

You bring shame upon this army Brunom! Now drop and give me 20 waves of Vajra!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I never used Kira, ever, and due to inflated kill-rates he was still my top ace from not DOING anything.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Brunom1 posted:

Ha. Surprised Tieria is up there, though I can see it happening by accident just because NG+ bonuses are really weird. Though that said a fresh playthrough would likely just be those who need killcounts - Kira was my third but he (146) was still a far cry from Kurou (252) and Kazuki (280), due to enemies repeatedly suiciding against them.

Onmi posted:

I never used Kira, ever, and due to inflated kill-rates he was still my top ace from not DOING anything.

Like with this, or how the previous owner of my UX cart never ever used the Tobikage or SKL crew in their first playthrough, yet they still had hundreds of kills in NG+ landing Kaido as his third shortly after obtaining him.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

And we’re back, far away from Trailblazer/Frontier Land, where actually interesting stuff happens. We’ve got plenty of event deployments today with Kouichi, Moritsugu, Canon, Mamoru, Kenji and Sakura, which also means our available slots are rather diminished – only sixteen.
As such, here’s how we’re going:
Joe/Athrun
Heroman/Shouko
Arnie/Saya
Sun Quan/Eida
Kazuki/Allelujah
Cao Cao/Zhang Fei
Liu Bei/Rennie
Kira/Graham
Mike/Yamashita
Shou/Marvel
Mazinkaiser/Soubi (forgot to deploy Tsubasa… whoops!)
Dr. West/Ozma
Kurou/Deceive (him having a squaddie with resupply module’s even more important now that Al isn’t regenerating his MP anymore)
Shinn/Luna
Fei-Yen/Lockon
Aesap/Miu
Tactician: Zhuge Liang

FYI, this mission is the cutoff point for you to get the Fafner trio five uses of their Triple Dog combo attack, so watch it. We’re way over that, of course.
Off we go.

We’re back at JUDA and it’s time to go over what happened on the other routes:
If you kept the Vajra route: we killed one of the Anticross, but their big fortress disappeared. Ruri pledges to use all resources of the Hadou Financial Group to locate the thing and while Dr. West would love it found as quickly as that, he’s doubtful that’ll happen. And, on that note, Elsa asks him to pipe down with his loud guitar solos (“NOOOOOOOO! You’re tearing me apart, Elsa!”).
Holly and Joey explain that these two quit the Black Lodge and are now our buddies (though West says they’re just tagging along until the Anticross are dead), but Kurou trusts them enough. “Oh, you make me so happy, Darling-robo! That’s why you’re my hubby-robo!” Elsa glees and introduces herself as Kurou’s “de facto wife”.
Dr. West shakes his fist at KUROU DAIJUUJI for getting together with Elsa behind his back… but, as Denton points out, wasn’t he the one who made it so the Demonbane needed them both to work? Well, he’s clearly abused his benevolence and incredible genius to seduce Elsa! VILLAIN! And that’s why Dr. West’ll be taking to the field as well using his Super West Invincible Robot Type-28 Special! Oh, so he’ll be fighting alongside us? No! He’ll be there to make sure Elsa is kept safe from this villain!

If you kept the Arkham route: they killed Vajra and got two more Hirai characters for our pile.
More importantly, Arnie’s glad to work beside Graham again, who’s impressed at how different the Ensign’s gaze looks from when they first met. We’ve all come full circle, as Joe and Saya remember the tough fight Graham gave them back at Arkham City – if anything, it tells that he’ll be an asset to the team.
“We might have been hostile in a previous battlefield, but now we stand as comrades-in-arms, united by common ideals. And, of course, I say the same of you, Ensign,” Graham proclaims, and Arnie’s all giddy.
Oh, and there were also ELS and Setsuna got mind-zapped – he’s still in a coma, but Feldt has faith that he’ll return to us in time. Lastly, Sheryl got arrested as a spy, and the news that sent shockwaves across the Earth Sphere. As Ruri relates, though, Lacus, Cagalli and Marina are working together to try and convince the Frontier Government and the Earth Federation to reinvestigate this matter and try to clear up Sheryl’s good name. Here’s hoping it works, but then Michel wonders: if Sheryl does wind up convicted, how will Alto react?

: The YF-29… This is my new Valkyrie?
: Looks pretty good, huh?
: The Frontier brass developed it from data collected in our past battles. It’s a specialized anti-Vajra prototype.
: And they’ve also outfitted it with high-grade Fold Quartz taken from said Vajra. Its performance is a whole lot better than the regular jets, that’s for sure.
: Fold Quartz, that stone that transmits thoughts…
: Right, so the YF-29 can pick up, amplify and convert Fold Waves into energy.
: Meaning it turns the pilot’s will into power, just like the Odyssea?
: Hmm, I’m not sure if that’s the best way of putting it…
: While it’s true that the Fold Quartz has similar properties to the Odyssite, what it amplifies is strictly Fold Waves.
: Still, we’ve found that some humans are capable of emitting Fold Waves, and those do carry the will of the emitter within…
: Of course, only Sheryl and Ranka are capable of that feat thus far.
: Hah, you’re thinking “I’ve no special abilities of my own – being a pilot is all I’m good for”, aren’t you?
: Listen here, Alto. No one gets to say what goes with your life but yourself. It’s your own will that shapes it all.
: So listen to yourself and decide what kind of role you want to take.
: … What kind of role I want…

: This is your friend’s grave, Hayase…?
: Yeah. He was a real busybody, and, thanks to this huge idiot, wound up dying way too soon…
: Hayase…
: But that idiot’s now a Champion of Justice who fights for the entire world. I think Yajima’d be happy with that, no?
: Hahah… I hope so.
: Either way, we better head back. Should be almost time for our next mission.
: Sorry, but you’re gonna have to go without me.
: Hm? Something up?
: Nah, it’ll just be a bit. I’ll get back before the next op.
: If you say so. See you there.

*Everyone leaves.*

: Alright, are you gonna keep spying from that corner or am I gonna have to drag you out? Who are you anyway…?
: It’s good to finally meet you, Domyoji…
: Y-You’re…!

: Kouichi and the others went to visit the graveyard, huh…?
: We should go, too, next time we’re at the island.
: Right. I’m sure your father would also be very happy, Sakura.
: Happy, huh…
: Is something wrong, Sakura?
: No, it’s just that… my dad was a soldier; he worked protecting Tatsumiya from harm…
: And he died fighting the Festum…
: I’m so sorry…
: I believed that I could honor my dad’s memory by taking out as many Festum as I could by myself… but I’m just not strong enough to do that.
: So I can’t help but wonder if my dad’s actually happy watching this…
: Oh, don’t worry. I’m certain he is!
: Shangxiang…
: My father also died in battle, you see…
: But he was a very strong, very kind man, and always looked to keep his family safe.
: And that spirit of his lives on within me and my brother.
: His spirit lives on…
: Right. And heroes never really die while their spirits stay inside people’s hearts.
: If your father’s in your thoughts while you’re fighting, Sakura, then I think that honors him plenty.
: You must always think of those that are dear to you while in battle, I say…
: (Those that are dear to you…)
: Alright… you might be right. Thanks, Shangxiang.
: Heheh, don’t mention it.
: U-Um… chief!
: Wh-What?! Why’d you get so riled up…?
: I… I’m gonna do it! I’m gonna be just like your dad was!
: Huh?! Where’d that come from?!
: Wh-What I mean is… Mamoru and I’ll handle the fighting, so you don’t have to go at it that hard…
: What was that now…? Are you looking to retire me or something?
: N-No, I… I just mean that I’ll work at it and get even stronger than Kazuki…
: A-And then I’ll protect you!
: A-Are you stupid?! Did you hit your head or something?! I don’t need anyone protecting me!

*She leaves.*

: Sa-Sakura…!

*Door opens.*

: Hey, we’re back… Uh, did something happen?
: Kenji tried making his move on Sakura and, well, it didn’t go too good…
: Ah…?
: Kenji, don’t you think you should just straight-up tell her how you feel?
: H-How I feel?!
: I mean, saying stuff like that isn’t gonna fly with her. Sakura doesn’t like people who beat around the bush.
: (That’s easier said than done…)

: You said you wished to speak with us, Mr. Ishigami…?
: Yes, there’s something I’d like you folks to know. Especially after your little pow-wow with Hisataka Katou …
: You’re aware of that, hm?
: You didn’t really need to jump through all those hoops, of course.
: If you had questions, you just had to ask me.
: It takes information from more than just one source to piece together what the truth is. And I was going to question you eventually.
: I see… Then I believe this should answer one of those questions.

*Hangar opens.*

: Th-That’s?!
: It’s my Machina… Judah.
: The president’s own Machina…
: It’s a Machina that specializes in information collection and analysis. All of our company’s systems are connected to it, which functions as the core to everything.
: JUDA and Judah…
: It could well be said that this Machina is the company itself…
: Then, Mr. Ishigami, you’ve been taking advice from this Machina?
: “Advice” isn’t the word I’d use. More like guidelines.
: Guidelines…?
: You should understand what it entails, Tieria. After all, you’re part of the Quantum Supercomputer Veda…
: What do you mean?
: Every outcome that occurs is a result of the sum of various events.
: With that in mind, I ask you this: what if you knew what events needed to happen for a given outcome to occur?
: Then you’d be able to bring about whatever outcomes you desired…?
: Exactly. And that is what Judah does.
: In other words, this Machina allows you to put together whatever future you want?!
: I don’t raise a future from scratch, no – I just choose from the available options.
: Just as the Celestial Being used Veda’s predictions to put together their plan on how to accomplish Aeolia’s project…
: Mr. Ishigami, if you’re trying to use this Judah to take control over our future and our destinies…
: I don’t fancy myself God, Tieria, and I’ve no intention of taking His throne.
: I believe I’m in the same boat as Aeolia Schenberg, once he realized what future awaited humanity, way back when.
: Then, Mr. Ishigami, what are you using Judah for?
: Hmhmm… If I may borrow your own words, Master Kongming…
: I’m trying to get a glance at the center of the spider’s web…
: At the center…?
: You could also say I’m trying to find the underlying truth of the world.
: Even if the first link in a chain is pure happenstance, I can influence the events that follow it and, eventually, arrive at the outcome I want.
: A prime example would be Ensign Berge here. His enlisting with the UX was a result of a sequence of various events…
: Then, you and Maj. Richard…?!
: You were stringing things along since the battle at Arkham City, so that I’d end up right where I am – where you wanted…?!
: Now, now, that’s not quite it. Your being here right now is first and foremost fruit of your own will…
: As I said, the first link in that chain is pure happenstance.
: Don’t give me that! You just said very clearly that you can choose what future comes to be!
: And, if that’s the case, if I hadn’t been shot down at Arkham—…
: Then, I believe… it would be your friend, Jin, standing here with us.
: What I mean is that whether it was your own will that set the wheels in motion, or if it was your friend’s, the end-result would be the same…
: Or, better put, Judah would steer things in a way that would lead to the same end-result.
: It is as he said.
: Th-That’s…
: Mind you, what Judah does is simply provide guidelines for one of an infinite variety of different possibilities.
: But it cannot outright create someone’s fate from scratch. We may choose events that lead towards a certain outcome, but the beginning, the first link of the chain, is always beyond our control…
: In which case, this unease we have felt since coming to this world… those strange “coincidences” that seemingly bind us were influenced, but not created by you.
: Indeed, the origin of it all is the underlying truth of this world…
: It is the will of the heavens that lies at the center of the spider’s web…
: The will of the heavens…
: Then… For what did Jin and I…
: I’m sure you have plenty to say, but I’d like you to understand just one thing.
: The outcome I’m trying to bring about is one where humanity is saved.
: And I swear to you that that is no lie. So I hope you will trust me for now…
: Very well. And what is the next “event” that needs to happen?
: I appreciate how to-the-point you are, Moritsugu. The next event…
: Is a surprise attack on the Katou Organization’s production plant.

: These are the new Arma models, huh? It took a while, but they’re finally ready.
: Hm… Never did I expect the day to come where I’d be making these.
: Ain’t it a bit of a waste, though? I mean, if you just plugged an AI into these things, they’d practically be Machinas, no?
: Indeed, but these were made specifically to be Armas, not Machinas. Take that as some food for thought, if you would.
: It makes no difference to us. We need only crush the foe ahead of us.
: (Yeah, if we can beat those guys with those, I don’t care either…)

: Commander, we’ve analyzed the intel Yulianne gave us. They’ll be attacking us – soon.
: Very well. Then let’s begin our preparations.
: (That is, our preparations to reach the truth… to reach the beginning…)

: You wanna talk now? I’m kind of busy getting ready to launch.
: Um, I… You know… It’s just that, I…
: You, what?
: I-I’m gonna try and prove in this next battle that I’m the strongest guy here…
: And if I do that, I’d like you to be my *mumble*…!
: You idiot… We’re not like that at all. You don’t have to take on way more than you can handle for me.
: I can totally handle it!
: No, you can’t! You’re a helpless coward and a bigmouthed flirt! You’re like the complete opposite of my dad!
: But, still, I…!
: So don’t go out of your way for me. Because if I ever lost you, I…!
: ?! Sakura…
: I’m gonna give this everything I’ve got… I won’t let my Altered Consciousness get the better of me again!
: Kenji…
: (That’s it. One step at a time…)
: (Just take it one step at a time and even I can make it…!)

Mission 34 – Advance to the Beginning

: Yaaaaah, mommyyyy! I’m scaaaaared!
: (Oi, that idiot… What happened to all that attitude from before?)
: Pull yourself together, Kenji! The enemy base is dead ahead!
: Yeah! You’re gonna prove that you’re the strongest and convince Sakura to give you a shot, right?!
: *Sob*
: Enemy production plant in sight. Moving to attack!
: That ain’t happening!
: What…?!

: The Katou Organization…!
: Heheh, took you long enough to get here! Ya kept us waiting!
: What is the meaning of this?! I thought this was supposed to be a surprise attack!
: Yet the enemy has such a bevy of troops waiting for us…!
: Do you think they anticipated our move?!
: Hahahahahaha! We already knew everything you’re up to!
: You sought to attack at our flank… and it is too late to regret your poor choices!
: Now, take up arms and face us! I demand that you make my heart beat faster!
: You accursed Shura…! I shall end your life today!
: Everyone launch! Quick!

Is this a bad time to say that I completely forgot to set Alto in a team? He’s not available at the intermission menu (since he only gets his new unit in the prologue), and I didn’t realize it until later.
We’ll see his YF-29 next mission, I guess. :v:

: Crap… And here we were, figuring we were finally gonna catch them unawares!
: Hey, you guys know where Moritsugu went? I haven’t seen him in a bit.
: Apparently, Mr. Ishigami gave him another mission to go on…
: Another mission now, of all times?
: You don’t think he’s been leaking info behind our backs again, do you…?
: No way! And I thought we cleared up that he wasn’t spying on us – it was just one big mix-up!
: Forget about him and focus on the enemy!
: (An enemy ambush… Is this also another of Mr. Ishigami’s required “events”? In that case…)
: My friends, your mission remains the same. Repel the enemy and seize control of the target structure!

Destroy everything, don’t lose a ship, Kouichi, Sakura, Canon, Kenji or Mamoru. We’ve had this battle plenty of times before, so you know what to expect. Lu Bu’s as dangerous as ever, but, oddly enough, he’ll only cast Soul under 30% HP this time; many of our guys know Valor now so, if you’d like, you could probably down him before he does that.
Do keep this in mind, though:

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
SD Gundam secret – 4th step: have Cao Cao down Lu Bu.

Simple enough.

Destroyer Robo (Dr. West)
Pilot Skills:
Prevail L4
Support Attack l2
Support Defense L1
All-Attack L2
Spirit Commands:
Invincible
Strike
Fighting Spirit
Daunt/Exhaust
Mech Features:
Gun
Repair Module
Squad Bonus: Armor +100, Money +10%, A in Water (Armor +150, Money +20%, S in Water, EN +75)

I confess I got a giggle out of that S in Water.
Dr. West makes for a surprisingly effective Squaddie, truth be told. His Destroy Robo’s quite tanky and the Squad Bonus it has gives plenty of decent stuff; his weapons have good enough stopping power, furthered bolstered by his L size, and their range covered isn’t bad at all.
On the flip side, he’s sloooooooow as molasses and really wants someone providing him with flight and/or Accelerate (especially since his Tornado Crusher can’t be used on aerial targets without). Regardless, you could do a lot worse than him.

:siren: SRW UX - LOVE 14 ver. HD

:siren: SRW UX - The Gate of Neidhöhle Opens

“CHOU-HISSATSU! GOOOUSPAAAAAAARK!”

:siren: SRW UX - Deus Machina

*Warring guitar solo!*

: HAHAHAHA! I cut a fine figure against the blowing wind! Here I am, genius scientist DOCTAAAAAAA WEST! (Cyborg 009 OP lyrics.)
: And now begins my glorious quest to educate the unenlightened masses of the world of the magnificence of my Destroyer Robo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vcSPA8-leY
Adding this video so you can finally hear Dr. West’s guitar solo in action.

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: This isn’t simply about my duty as a soldier. I wage this battle to also help blaze a path for our future!
: And I’ll fight for the boy as well, in his struggle to communicate with the ELS…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZMHzxyebos
While we’re quickly cutting Jack down to size, I take the time to show off the DK in Kira’s Funnels and Graham’s GN Beam Rifle (Full Output). And depending on which route you kept, Kira, Athrun or Kurou also have pre-battle convos but they’re the same ones from the previous mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galSQqHyx8Q
Fine, I suppose I should show you off too. In truth, Kira and Athrun’s units look pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkshfdQi888
And, of course, Jack decides to start triggering his Camo instead of letting Shinn run him through! :argh:
I would’ve loved if Luna actually got the kill, but alas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX9zBnfdYlw
Fine, you wanna get cute? Then you’ll help me show off the Odyssea’s version of Hell Stringer!
And we take Jack’s Glass of Milk as a prize (Skill and Defense +10, Accuracy +5).

: Hrk… That I’d be forced to retreat before having a chance to challenge Reiji Moritsugu… Curses. Our showdown will have to be postponed…!

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

: Psh… This dinky Arma just ain’t cutting it against them!
: I need something stronger… a whole lot stronger! If I just had that, then…!

:siren: Dynasty Warriors 6 - Theme of Lu Bu -DW Prime Mix-

: Hahahah… Your skills have improved, Ultimate Cross!
: Yes, excellent! This thrill! This scorching excitement! It ignites—MY SOOOOUUUUL!!

: Watch out, folks, don’t let that monster tag you with that attack! Make sure you dodge it good!
: I need dodge nothing!
: Lord Sun Quan…?!
: I will kill him, even if I must surrender my life to do so…!
: Father! Brother! This Koteito has been passed down through generations of the Sun Family, and now I beseech that you grant it your strength…!

*Casts Iron Wall and Drive.*

: B-Brother…?!
: Oho…!
: Young Lord, don’t! You cannot set off to battle with hatred in your heart…!
: Come, Lu Bu! FACE ME!
: Hmhmhm… I accept your challenge, tiger cub! To arms!

: Lu Bu! You… I’ll end you if it’s the last thing I do!
: Hmhmhm… Yes, I see well the pitch darkness swirling within your soul!
: I wonder, will you willingly join the ranks of us Shura in order to strike us down?!
: S-SILENCE!

And that’s both of them down!

: Hrrrmm…!
: Fengxian…!
: Hahahah, I see… So that is the foundation of your souls!
: The foundation of our souls…?!
: Indeed, I believe Hisataka Katou did not waste his time advocating that you imagine your deaths!
: What’re you on about?! Do you know something?!
: Hmhmhm, but you must not stop here!
: Rouse the flame of your life brighter still! The Heaven I seek awaits further ahead…!

: ?! Stop, Lu Bu—…!
: Fengxian… What was it that you noticed?

: What am I supposed to do to defeat him?! How can I crush that Shura…?!
: Brother…

: All Katou Organization troops have been routed!
: Okay, now all we gotta do is trash that factory…

*Kouichi moves towards the building.*

: Wh-What’re these things?!
: We’ve no data on those units! Maybe they’re a new Arma model from the Katou Organization?!
: A new Arma?!
: They went and had all these new mechs waiting for us…?! The hell is going on?!
: Is this whole thing just one huge trap…?!

*Heartbeat.*

: Ah…?!
: What is it, Hayase?!
: Ki…
: Wh-What voice is that…?!
: Ki… Mach…
: C-Come again…?!
: Hayase, what’s going on?!
: I-I dunno…! The Linebarrel just stopped moving!
: Hmph, you’ve finally awakened…
: Indeed… The ones standing before you were originally meant to be Machina…
: So, please, fight to your heart’s content, Counter Machina… Or, better put…!
: Amagatsu Kizaki…!

: The Linabarrel’s turned black…?!
: Yeah, it’s what it did when Kizaki was piloting it before…!
: B-But the aura it’s giving out is…!
: Yeah, I have a very bad feeling about that!

: The Linebarrel’s moving on its own…?! What the hell is going on?!
: Ki… the… hina… Ll… Mach…
: Kill the Machina.
: Huh…?!

*The Linebarrel turns neutral!*

: L-Linebarrel, you…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVDAFM3Dt8
“What’s happening to you, Linebarrel?!”

: Gwaaaaaaaaargh!

: Wh-What…!
: It’s just like…!
: A demon…!

: Kill the Machina.
: S-Stop… STOP!

: Gaaaaaaaaaah!!

: it’s aiming directly at their cockpits… and the pilots inside…!
: I said stop! Those’re people in there!
: Kill the Machina. Kill the Machina. Kill the Machina-a-a-a-a-a.
: Shut up! Stop saying that! Those aren’t Machina!

: A-Aaah!

: Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

: And the way it’s attacking…!
: Continuous teleportation… It’s using the Override!
: Please… stop…!

: Wh…?!
: STOOOP!!

: Urgh! Wh-What…?!

: That’s far enough, Linebarrel.
: Or, rather… Amagatsu Kizaki.
: Moritsugu…!
: Hang in there, Hayase. I’ll put a stop to him shortly.
: W-Wait, what did he call him? Amagatsu Kizaki…?
: As in, Emi Kizaki…?
: Listen up. The Linebarrel is no longer under Hayase’s control…
: Its original Factor, Amagatsu Kizaki, has taken over… Simply put, the will of Kizaki’s father is controlling it now.
: And his primary goal… is the destruction of all Machina.
: The will of Kizaki’s father…?
: I don’t have the leeway to explain everything. Your orders are to help me stop the Linebarrel and rescue Hayase.
: S-Stop it…? You want us to fight a monster like that?!
: Pull yourself together, Kenji!
: Were you lying to me when you said those things before?!
: If you’re making promises, then at least have the decency of sticking with them!
: S-Sakura…!
: Not being capable of protecting what’s dear to you is something that’ll haunt you for the rest of your life… Fight, Kenji!
: Do not run, and do not fret, Kenji! Goubine stands with you!
: Let’s go… We’ll save our friend!
: G-Guys…!
: O-Okay… I’ll do it!
: I promised Sakura… that I’d be stronger than anyone else!
: Kenji…!
: Steady yourselves, troops… Now begins our mission to destroy the Linebarrel!

Destroy the Linebarrel Amagatsu, and you can’t lose Moritsugu either. Taking him out ends the mission, but we don’t want all those moneys and kills to be wasted, do we? Get rid of the Katous too.

Linebarrel Amagatsu
Pilot Skills:
Factor – it doesn’t show on the list, but the effect is very much in play. D-S.O.I.L. rate is at 160%, so he’ll regen 80% of all damage taken!
Double Movement
Prevail L9
Support Attack L3
Break Morale Limit
Counter
Predict
All-Attack L3
Mech Features:
Gun
Override
10% HP Regen
All Canceller

Amagatsu, as you can see, isn’t playing around. He’s got massive stats everywhere, all the skills he could possibly need and, if you didn’t see it above, will outright regen 80% of all damage you do on every attack.
He’s also very trigger-happy with that Override, so make sure you come in with Strike (and defensive spirits, of course) – especially since he has S ranks on all terrains. At least his ranges aren’t too good, as he can only use his weakest attack at 3+, with his Override attack being point-blank.
Also, that regen means he’ll also get a lot of mileage out of Prevail-Land once he starts dipping his feet into it, so don’t give him a chance: lower his HP enough and then hit him with a valored finisher to take him down all the way.

But, if anything, Amagatsu is a gentleman and will not go after your guys while the Katous are around, so just make sure you kill as many as you can before he gets a chance to shred them all.

Like so.

Between us and Amagatsu, the Katous’ new Armas are done by the next player phase.

: That’s all the new models. Now, if the thing would just settle down, that’d be great…

* :tfrxmas: *

: Kill the Machinas…
: The Linebarrel’s switched targets to our Machinas!
: I guess it’s really not going to let up until all of those are destroyed!
: Then your orders are the same, maggots! Bash the Linebarrel upside the head and make it shut down!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 7, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Now, we need a song for the beatdown… What could we—

: I know!

:siren: Miku Hatsune - Sword of the Demon Emperor ver. HD
Aaaaaaaaaaaa

: Eliminate any who are taken over by the enemy. Those are the orders I was always given. But now I…

: Sa-Sakura…
: Sorry, Hayase, but you’re gonna have to grin and bear it for a bit…
: That inconsiderate dad inside your bot’s ticking me off and I’m about to give him a piece of my mind…!

Sakura attacking: “Think of how sad you’re making your daughter! Of how much you’re hurting her with this! How can you be fine with that?!”

: Not even the Linebarrel can keep pulling attacks like that forever…
: We just gotta hang in there and we’ll find a way out of this…! Stay strong, Hind!

Yamashita attacking: “Easy there. I won’t hit anything important!”

: That is how the Linebarrel is truly like…?! However, as overwhelming a power it may wield, I shall not forsake Kouichi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZltztP6hKF0
And here’s when I remembered that Override was also a Double Image effect.
Liu Bei attacking: “We must end its rampage…!”
Cao Cao attacking: “‘Tis the path of light that you should follow! And mine attack shall now reopen your eyes!”
Sun Quan: “Everyone stand back! I will stop him!”
Shangxiang: “Maybe if I tried missing just a little bit…! No, I must do this…!”
Guan Yu: “I, Guan Yu, shall save you! I stake my life on it!”
Zhang Fei: “Think I can’t save him? Hah, just wait ‘til you see how good I am…!”

: This thing took out those new Armas like they were nothing, and the way it moves… Its abilities are on a whole different level from what we’d seen the Linebarrel do.
: Well, ain’t that just aces?! I always wanted to see how our Kaiser would do against him!

Kaido: “Hah, what a pain this thing is! Time for you to take a lil’ nap!”
Magami: “I just need to make it shut down, yes?”
Tsubasa: “I don’t want to be killed as much as anyone else, but…!”

: Soubi, run! Don’t risk your life for a kid like me!
: I’m afraid I can’t do that. I’ll use the strength I have to keep others safe… That’s what Kaoru wanted, and what I want!
: Soubi…
: Hold on, Hayase. I swear to you that I’ll stop the Linebarrel!

Soubi: “What a sinister presence…! It’s a demon, indeed…!”; “I’m not about to go quietly into the night…!”

: The Linebarrel’s attacking anything within striking range… And it’ll do the same to us, if we approach without care…
: I’m not backing off, Soushi! I will save Kouichi!
: Well, what a coincidence – that’s exactly what I was thinking.
: I’m relaying you my analysis on the Linebarrel’s attack patterns! We’ll rescue Kouichi together!

Kazuki: “Can I really attack?” > Soushi: “Yes – hold back just enough to not kill him.”

: The Linebarrel’s trying to kill everyone… How can it fight like this…?
: Hrmm…!
: You’re right, Heroman… This isn’t the time to be scared. We need to get Kouichi out of there!

Joey: “Hold on! Heroman and I’ll think of something!” > Heroman: “Hmm!”

: The awakening of Amagatsu Kizaki… Is this another of those required “events”? Mr. Ishigami, are you…?

Arnie: “Tsk… Can I really save him…?”; “I have to find a way to stop them…!”; “I won’t let a friend’s life be snuffed out right under my nose!”; “If we just avoid any direct hits, we can pull this off…!”

: The Linebarrel’s giving out such a crushing pressure… Is that the will of Amagatsu Kizaki?
: On the other hand, I’m feeling more than just hatred coming from him. If I can just cut down the obsession binding him, then maybe…!

Shou: “I’ll try and avoid any of your vitals! Don’t hold this against me, now!”
Burn: “The Machina has gone Hyper?! No, that cannot be it…!”

: How can you put your own daughter’s friends in danger…?!
: Did you even stop to think of what you’re doing, how this might end?!

Aesap: “I’ve to stop him, somehow…!”
Lux: “If this carries on, his evil Aura Power’ll…!”

: Hayase! Hayaseee! Aah, why is this happening…?!
: I dunno, but you’re in danger! Get away, Kujo!
: I will not… I owe you my life, Hayase…
: So, this time, I’ll make your pain go away!

Miu: “Why… Why…?!”

: It may have that Override ability, but I can get around it by tanking its attacks and moving in right after! Hang in there, Hayase…!

Mamoru: “Don’t be afraid! Goubine will save you!”

: Linebarrel, stop! Those’re my friends you’re attacking! Don’t hurt them!
: Whatever’s going on with it, the thing’s clearly trying to kill us…
: B-Berserk Linebarrel or not, I’m putting a stop to it…!

Soushi: “Concentrate on limiting its movements for now!” > Kenji: “I-I’m on it!”

: Moritsugu, did you know the Linebarrel was gonna do this…?!
: I’ll answer every question you have, Hayase… but only after Amagatsu’s dealt with.

: How did this happen…? The Linebarrel really is fundamentally different from the other Machinas…
: Whatever! Hayase, we’re coming to bail your rear end, so keep with it just a bit more!”

Shizuna: “Yeesh, you just don’t stop being a headache for JUDA, eh?!”; Izuna: “We’ll have you safe and sound soon, Hayase!”
Kurou attacking: Elsa: “Darling, what’ll we do-robo?” > Kurou: “Whatever works! We ain’t got time to talk things out!”

: Joe, be careful! The Linebarrel’s…!
: I know. I ain’t taking this guy out with half-measures…!
: So, I’ll have to beat him up legit! Grit your teeth, ‘cause this might get a bit rough…!

Joe: “I better drop him quick, before things get even worse…!”
Mike: “I wouldn’t do this if I had a choice, but you’re not giving me any…!”
Rennie: “I’ll open your eyes right back up!”
Damian: “There’s no way around this…! I’m going!”

When Amagatsu goes down: “Kizaki’s dad, it’s over.”

: Did it work…?!

: What…?!

: Hrk… It’s still going?! You have to admit, that thing’s very sturdy…!
: drat, the Linebarrel’s really going all-out for this…
: They’re not going to win this the way it’s going…!
: Stop…!
: Ki-Kizaki…?!

: Why is she aboard the Vardant…?!
: (Is that what’s going on? Was Moritsugu’s “separate mission” to stay with Kizaki and come in when this happened…?)
: Father, please stop. Things aren’t like how they were before!
: Listen to your daughter, Prof. Kizaki. And try to understand the situation.
: If you continue attacking, we’ll be forced to destroy the Linebarrel completely. Which, in turn, would mean your daughter’s death…
: And above all, losing the Linebarrel would assure this world’s destruction as well. Am I wrong?
: Father…
: Phew, it’s finally piped down.
: Don’t relax just yet, Kenji…!
: Huh…?!

:siren: SRW UX - Mark Sein

: U-Uwaaaaaaaaah!
: Ke-Kenji…!

*Kenji runs far away!*

: Don’t turn your back on the enemy! You’ll be an easy target!

*Amagatsu powers up!*

: Yaah… M-Moomyyyy!

: A-Aaargh…!

: Canon…!?
: Critical damage on the Babylon Model! We’ve lost its signal…!
: N-No… Canon, come in!
: Hrm…!
: I-It’s my fault… because I’m such a coward…!
: Father… why?!
: Are you even gonna kill your daughter’s friends?!
: You sorry excuse for a father…!
: Making your daughter cry, pointing a weapon at her friends—!
: Is that something any loving father would do?!
: Sakura, Joey…!
: They’re absolutely right! A father is supposed to be a strong, kind man…
: The kind of person that would always, always, fight to protect his family!
: But not you…!
: You’re a heartless man who feels nothing for those who should be so dear to him… And I won’t forgive you for this!
: Those that are dear to you…!
: Fall in, Kenji, Mamoru! We’ll put him down ourselves!
: W-We will…?!
: Muster your courage, Kenji! Could you still call yourself a man if you didn’t take a stand now?!
: O-Okay… I am a man! And I’ll…
: I’ll protect the one that’s dear to me!

: Here we go! GOUBINE SMASH!
: One!

: Twooooo!

: Now, Sakura!

: It’s... OVER!!

: ...?!
: Huh...?

: ...

: Gch... A-Aark...
: Wh-What’s going on, Sakura?! Attack him, quick!
: (This sensation I’m getting from her… It can’t be!)
: (Wh-What is this…)
: (M-my mind is…)

:siren: SRW UX - Separation

: (It’s fading away…!)
: Sakura…!
: (No… No! Kenji, Kenji... Kenjiii!)

: K-Kenji... help!
: ...?!

: Aa—

*Amagatsu powers up!*

: S-STOOOOOP!!

: U…rgh…
: Sa-SAKURAAAAAAAA!
: Wh-What are you…
: What the hell are you doing, Linebarrel?!

: Stop… I told you to stop, goddamn it!
: Hrm! After them, quick!

: Aaaah!
: It used the Executor…?!
: W-We can’t close in through that barrage…!

: D-drat it, you piece of poo poo! Stop it already! STOP!
: Raaaaaaaah!

*Mamoru tackles the Linebarrel.*

: Mamoru…!
: G-Get away from Sakuraaaaa!

: Gwargh!
: Ma-Mamoru…!
: Rrrgh, drat iiit!

*The Linebarrel’s pushed back!*

: E-Even…
: Even garbage like me has someone dear… someone I’d risk my life to keep safe!
: Kondo…
: I’m begging you, please… please stop this!

: Rrgh…!
: Sa…kura…

: KENJII!

: W-We’re detecting an energy buildup in the Executor!
: It’s… It’s gonna use that weapon at full blast?!
: They’ll all be killed if it does!
: Father… please, don’t!
: Go to hell…!

: Go straight to hell, Amagatsu Kizaki! You son of a bitch!

*Blast!*

: Someone sniped him?! Where’d the shot come from…?!

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel (Full Intro)

: That Machina…!
: It’s the one that killed Yajima…! What’s it doing here?!

: You’ll have to wait a bit for the info, Hayase! We’re coming in to deal with the Linebarrel!
: Domyoji?! Why are you…?!
: Priest, remember? I’m just exorcizing some demons haunting this planet of ours!
: Here we go, Moritsugu!
: Copy that. Close your eyes, Ms. Kizaki.
: Amagatsu Kizaki…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAe6NvWSNJc
Captions are available.

: The Linebarrel’s back to normal…
: Domyoji and that Machina saved them…
: “Saved” me?! That’s the Machina that killed Yajima! It wouldn’t…
: It’s been a while, Kouichi…
: Ya-Yajima…?!
: I-I don’t believe it…!
: H-How are you here…?!
: You were supposed to be dead! Why’re you piloting that Machina?!
: Say something, Yajima!

: Mr. Ishigami, if I may.
: Yes?
: Hisataka Katou said that the last Machina was squarely within his grasp.
: I was certain that today’s operation was to seize said Machina…
: But it appears I was mistaken.
: The event you chose to happen today, one of many on the road to bring about your desired future… it was to cause Amagatsu Kizaki, the will inhabiting the Linebarrel, to awaken, wasn’t it?
: Sir…?!
: If you say it was necessary to secure our future, then I’ll understand.
: On the other hand… it does not mean I’m capable of forgiving what happened to Sakura.
: Hm. I doubt Hayase’ll forgive me either.
: Mr. Ishigami… Despite everything, you are not going to change your methods, are you?
: Of course not, Master Kongming…

:siren: Angela - Separation (Piano Version)

: Sakura… Why…?!
: This is… assimilation?
: Is she alive?
: She is… biologically speaking, at least.
: You call this living?!
: If… If we’d only taken out the Linebarrel faster, this wouldn’t…!
: You’re wrong. Sakura was undergoing assimilation even as the battle progressed.
: This would’ve happened anyway, even if the Linebarrel hadn’t attacked…
: But…!
: Let it go, Canon…
: Torturing yourself over this won’t bring Sakura back…
: And you’re telling me this is how we’re all going to end? The more we pilot our Fafners, the closer we get to it happening…?!
: Dr. Toumi’s still researching how assimilation works. It may be possible to defend yourselves against it.
: JUDA’ll also help in any way it can. If anything, it’ll help speed up her work.
: But does any of that mean you’ll be able to cure her?! Will Sakura be back to normal?! Gimme a straight answer!
: Th-That’s…
: Look at her…! We’re pretty much batteries to get the Fafners moving! And Sakura’s a battery that’s run out of power, isn’t she?!
: Kenji…
: Don’t say that, Kenji…
: Sakura risked her life in every battle…
: She fought tooth and nail for those that were dear to her.
: So let’s just… honor her memory…
: B-But… She’s gone…
: She’ll never move again!
: Ke…n…ji…
: S-Sakura…?!
: Sakura… you’re…
: You’re still fighting… your mind is gone, but you still haven’t given up!
: Kch… *sniffles* Saku…ra..
: Sakura… Waaaahaaaaa!
: Kenji… Sakura’s battle isn’t over just yet…
: *Sob* Aah… Sakuraaaaaaa!

: You’re… You’re the Factor of the Stray Machina?
: Yeah. I was chosen by it – the Apparition – as that explosion in the park swallowed me.
: A Machina may revive a dying human as its Factor…
: The Apparition’s former Factor died in that battle, and right nearby was…
: Me… half-dead from the wounds I’d taken.
: But, then…
: If you were alive, why didn’t you show yourself until now?! I…
: When you came to, you were a different person from who you used to be. Anyone would need time to come to process that.
: As pathetic as it sounds, that’s right…
: Still, you owe him some gratitude. If he hadn’t acted when he did, your mission to stop the nuclear missiles would’ve ended in failure.
: The nukes? You mean…
: Ah… There was that last nuke that was shot from Japan. You were the one who took it down?
: You did that, Yajima…?!
: And the president’s been keeping him around as a secret weapon since.
: ‘Course, I can’t really say anything since I’ve been getting pilot training behind your backs.
: Training, huh… The unit you’re flying is one of those Jinrais Kiriyama made, only modded to allow manual flight, right? But how did you get your hands on one of those?
: Actually…

*Door opens.*

: Oh, when you have my connections, getting one unit is as easy as snapping my fingers.
: Y-You’re…!
: Hmhm, I believe we can skip the introductions, yes?
: I think we’re already pretty intimate after the fun times we had at Akoro, after all.
: Yulianne Faithful…!
: The captain of the Katou Organization’s 7th Unit!
: Excellent work with your infiltration mission, Yulianne.
: I-Infiltration…?!
: I was right… You really were one of us.
: Hmm, always so calm and composed. And here I was, hoping to at least get a gasp out of you.
: I had my suspicions after seeing your actions at Kiriyama Heavy Industries and elsewhere…
: Hey, pops, you wanna explain what’s going on here?
: Moritsugu’s already said it all: she’s another JUDA employee and I had her infiltrate the Katou Organization. (So if you were wondering why she was always dropping Ishigami’s Sushi, there you go.)
: She, Domyoji and Yajima’ll all be joining your team.
: That’s the long and short of it. It’s a pleasure to be working with you.
: L-Likewise… as sudden as this might be…
: Are you serious? Yajima and Domyoji aside, she’s an enemy! She’s been fighting us every step of the way!
: I agree. And considering what happened in today’s mission…
: The enemy knew we were coming. Very likely because some double agent leaked our intel to them.
: Hmhmhm, you don’t measure words, do you?
: Sorry to drop this on you, but the one who gave me the intel and told to relay it to Katou…
: Was Ishigami himself.
: Is… is that true…?
: You were in on it?! And you didn’t tell us?!
: Correct. Mr. Ishigami knew about everything – absolutely everything that would occur. And he has been directing us with that knowledge all along.
: Then… everything that’s happened to us…
: Al and Ennea’s deaths…!

quote:

: Shouko and Kasugai…
: And Karen, too. You knew she was going to die?!

: You knew what was gonna happen to Richard and still kept quiet…?!
: I don’t deny any of it. That said, it’s unquestionably you who determine and accept your respective fates.
: Excuse me…?!
: Judah and I can only show people the way towards the better future…
: But, ultimately, only your own wills can decide what your fate is, what role you take in life…
: (So it falls to man to simply prostrate himself at the altar of fate and pray the heavens smile upon him...?)
: Oh, no, you don’t get to wash your hands of this! How many people died because of what you’ve done?!
: Do you have any idea what Sakura and Kenji have gone through?!
: Hayase…
: You knew everything that was about to go down…
: And you still sent them out to fight?!
: Alright, that’s it! I’m done!
: Where are you going, Hayase?!
: I’m never piloting the Linebarrel again…
: I don’t want anything to do with that monster!

And here are the convos we missed:

: I still don’t know what kind of man I should be…
: But I’ll figure it out! I’ll decide what my real dance is…!

--

: Kill…the Machinas!
: That’s the Linebarrel’s voice…?! It's being transmitted by Sheryl's earring?!
: Just what is this earring?!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 5, 2018

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Brunom1 posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

:allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It wouldn't be a Fafner stage without some more pointless tragedy now would it.

Brunom1 posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

: It’s original Factor, Amagatsu Kizaki, has taken over… Simply put, the will of Kizaki’s father is controlling it now.

Brunom1 posted:

: Making your daughter cry, pointing a weapon are her friends—!

Small grammar mistakes here.

Brunom1 posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaa[/i]

You know, I really goddamn hate Miku's voice and I'd complain about this but...it is an improvement over the original. As sad as that is.

quote:

Kourou attacking: Elsa: “Darling, what’ll we do-robo?” > Kurou: “Whatever works! We ain’t got time to talk things out!”

Was there meant to be something else after Kourou attacking here?

quote:

: Moritsugu’s already said it all: she’s another JUDA employee and I had her infiltrate the Katou Organization. (So if you were wondering why she was always dropping Ishigami’s Sushi, there you go.)

You have no idea how hard it was not to point this out for me. I really, really wanted to hint at it vaguely ("oh, there's a reason for it") but stopped myself because even that felt too obvious. I guess that's the curse of knowing how these series go.

Talking about that, thanks for putting the manga pages for Linebarrels. The VN-ish presentation of SRW doesn't really show just how terrifying Linebarrel-Amagatsu is, though having him target the Fafners too more than makes up for it. Also another Fafner moment for the pile, because Fafner is a very happy series.

Also unhappy: me when I saw what they had done to Ishigami in the anime, and now everyone can see why. Manga Ishigami is just the biggest manipulator, everything, every single thing, has happened exactly as he wanted it. Juda is basically the ultimate prediction machine, able to process all data ever and reach a conclusion, and he's fully willing to utilize that data. Ramping up "oh he's so silly!" was a gigantic way to miss the point of his character, and I'm glad we have the true one here.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Between the fact that there's finally progress being made towards figuring out the plot, and the fact that pilot turnover seems to be spiking these past few chapters, it feels like something big is coming up soon.

Times like this make you glad that Post-Destiny is in the series list. At least Kira and Arthrun aren't likely to get taken away by the plot now that they're here.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Small grammar mistakes here.

Was there meant to be something else after Kourou attacking here?

You have no idea how hard it was not to point this out for me. I really, really wanted to hint at it vaguely ("oh, there's a reason for it") but stopped myself because even that felt too obvious. I guess that's the curse of knowing how these series go.

All fixed and, no, I just didn't record any battles between him and Amagatsu since he doesn't have any convos with him. So, I had to leave Kurou's quotes stand-alone.

Also, I wouldn't be lying if I didn't say that, when Yulianne dropping the sushi was questioned back on mission 4, my first thought was you were going to answer and be coy about it. :v:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Kouichi, there's a time and a place for "I don't want to pilot anymore" arcs and I think being this late into the plot is neither the time or the place. Cool chapter though!

Also, I still keep doing takebacks every time Ruri does something in the background and realize Nadesico isn't in this game like 30 seconds later.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Talking about that, thanks for putting the manga pages for Linebarrels. The VN-ish presentation of SRW doesn't really show just how terrifying Linebarrel-Amagatsu is, though having him target the Fafners too more than makes up for it. Also another Fafner moment for the pile, because Fafner is a very happy series.
Indeed. The creators of the manga may have taken a lot of cues from Berserk EVA-01, but they at least do enough to make Linebarrel-Amagatsu stand out: using a mid-season upgrade's appearance to make it more sinister, actually letting us see Amagatsu's cold and lifeless expression while it's on a rampage, having Kouichi get involved in stopping Amagatsu, and most of all, the sheer brutality of Amagatsu. EVA-01 only went berserk on single targets, whereas Linebarrel-Amagatsu goes off on an entire squadron of Katou soldiers (and here, a second squadron in the form of UX) and demonstrates what could happen if say, Kouichi were to lose control. All in all, a very serious moment that explains why Linebarrel is very different from other Machina...that just needed a large body count in order to convey that fact.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

GimmickMan posted:

Kouichi, there's a time and a place for "I don't want to pilot anymore" arcs and I think being this late into the plot is neither the time or the place. Cool chapter though!

Also, I still keep doing takebacks every time Ruri does something in the background and realize Nadesico isn't in this game like 30 seconds later.

To be fair if my mech started going on an uncontrollable killing spree and there was drat near nothing I could do to stop it I'd definitely have some reservations about getting back in the cockpit. Can't really say I fault Kouichi here, honestly...

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Dr. Snark posted:

To be fair if my mech started going on an uncontrollable killing spree and there was drat near nothing I could do to stop it I'd definitely have some reservations about getting back in the cockpit. Can't really say I fault Kouichi here, honestly...

Backing that up is the fact that Amagatsu Linebarrel is a loving monster with all of its bonuses. Fought legit, it's every bit as hard to drop as Brunom made it sound.

Of course, Machina are autonomous. Kouichi's just an organic bypass of the Three Laws to Linebarrel, and it's just demonstrated it no longer needs him for that. In that light, there's no real good response to just what, specifically, Linebarrel has become to everyone.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And if I understand Linesbarrels right: You can't just dismantle or destroy it without killing Kouichi and Kizaki - and given how it acted - it may fight back.

Yeeesh, there's really no good answer for this dilemma, is there?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Robindaybird posted:

And if I understand Linesbarrels right: You can't just dismantle or destroy it without killing Kouichi and Kizaki - and given how it acted - it may fight back.

Yeeesh, there's really no good answer for this dilemma, is there?

Right, both their lives are 100% tied to the bot, since it's its nanomachines that keep them alive.

Also, to dismantle the Linebarrel, you'd first have to get around its regen, which is very powerful, even among Machinas. That's already another major problem (on top of the bot also being essential to whatever Ishigami's planning to save mankind).

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Heh. I almost missed Alto myself. If I hadn't gone into the menu to rearrange one of my squads I would've missed him. My initial thoughts at the time were that though I lost him and Setsuna, I got Kira and Athrun so that was a good trade. For my killcounts, this is also when I got 200 for Kazuki.

Wish I wrote down more thoughts on this mission, it was an interesting one. Didn't have any idea why Linebarrel was going out of control, knowing context definitely helps. Luckily I had a ton of spirits around, even more than normal thanks to Ruri as tactician. So I had plenty in the tank after the Katous to take the thing down. I forget exactly how it went. I think I may have thrown out Valors a bunch (Kira doing like 11k then him regening like 9k), before just potatoing it with (unupgraded!) Demonbane for over 20k without much fuss.

Manga Ishigami is pretty ridiculous. Both in character and how he has access to - to use Blaze Dragon's words because they're a perfect description - the ultimate prediction machine. Reason number 41 or so that Mangabarrels is superior, I suppose. Really tempted to read it now. Pretty sure I said that before, but again am tempted to read it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SirSystemError posted:

Manga Ishigami is pretty ridiculous. Both in character and how he has access to - to use Blaze Dragon's words because they're a perfect description - the ultimate prediction machine. Reason number 41 or so that Mangabarrels is superior, I suppose. Really tempted to read it now. Pretty sure I said that before, but again am tempted to read it.

As this forum's resident Mangabarrels shill, read it. It's very good. That said, the scanlations are only up to chapter 119, they still haven't gotten to the final volume. We also have no way of knowing when the last volume will come out, Linebarrel's translation for some reason has had literal years of nothing before so even though the last chapter translated is from April 2017, the last volume may still come out at any given moment.

It's like reading Hunter x Hunter, only with genuine hope that it'll have a proper ending instead of the mangaka dying before reaching any conclusion.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's like reading Hunter x Hunter, only with genuine hope that it'll have a proper ending instead of the mangaka dying before reaching any conclusion.

*laughs the hollow laugh of a HxH fan*

But anyways, looks like I'm picking up more series to check out thanks to UX, and I still adore the SD Gundams being the rock of support in this misfit crew.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hunter x hunter... berserk, either fit that comparison.
Though berserk technically has a lower bar to achieve... all we need is a certain trecherous someone to get their heads blown off by guts and it will all be just fine, actual conclusion be damned...
Ok, maybe that is just me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Brunom1 posted:

All fixed and, no, I just didn't record any battles between him and Amagatsu since he doesn't have any convos with him. So, I had to leave Kurou's quotes stand-alone.

Also, I wouldn't be lying if I didn't say that, when Yulianne dropping the sushi was questioned back on mission 4, my first thought was you were going to answer and be coy about it. :v:
Don't you mean being koi about sushi?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alright, LP's over. I can't work in this sort of environment.

As we speak, I'm flying over to the US to nuke the SA servers into oblivion. We'll see how funny you're feeling then!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Flying through the sky, you say? I see you're taking after Alto now. :v:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

As we speak, I'm flying over to the US to nuke the SA servers into oblivion. We'll see how funny you're feeling then!
So...what you're saying is that this twisted game needs to be reset?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Brunom1 posted:

But in all seriousness, I agree wholeheartedly that these jokers need to stop clowning around with puns. Surely, these bozos will realize they're making buffoons of themselves soon enough.

Couldn't find anywhere to slot in jester and harlequin. Forgive me, Sith Empress Izumi!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Will have a new update ready to go in a couple of hours, but this page's already plenty big. Next mission also has plenty of stuff, so how about some 5 posts to push us into a new page?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will take the controversial neutral opinion on puns. They aren't that great, but I don't think they're as awful as people think they are.

Though I suppose your opinion changes when you have to translate a pun across languages.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Well, that should be simple. I wonder what will happen next.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LP has been good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Puns are good civilization. Therefore Darth Izumi is also good civ.

In other news, this LP is fantastic and I love it. Keep up the amazing work Brunom!!!