Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The lucky thing is that Nyeve hasn't done anything to her and Oscar absolutely has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

She wants to be multiple, contradictory things; her problem isn't body dysphoria or being uncomfortable with identifying as female. But she can't be a woman and be a thoroughly traditional angel in good standing under 2 Michael's taliban hell cops, and even if all the other angels just said 'yeah that's stupid, gently caress tradition' she would not be on board with that, and she can't square that contradiction. She's probably got it the easiest of the bunch in that her situation is relatively straightforward - wanting to be a hellcop under Michael and Metatron is a bad thing to want and they don't actually embody the values she thought they did, she's pretty aware of that at this point, and there's no particular rule that says if you become a chick you have to then become an amoral mob enforcer too.

What I believe White Chain's arc is moving towards is finding a way to be true to the ideals and intent of the old laws without also being beholden to the corrupt institutions that have built up around them. In short, she's going to go make her own laws, with blackjacks and Cio.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Hahahahahaha, I want to shake the hand of Yre's architect. "Yeah it's, like, a giant screaming human sacrifice vore door, but *burp* it doesn't actually kill the person, it just drops them down a super gross esophagus into the trash level of the infinite fortress. Do we have any more hot wings?"

I'm much cooler with Oskar going out like this.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dead Reckoning posted:

Hahahahahaha, I want to shake the hand of Yre's architect. "Yeah it's, like, a giant screaming human sacrifice vore door, but *burp* it doesn't actually kill the person, it just drops them down a super gross esophagus into the trash level of the infinite fortress. Do we have any more hot wings?"

I'm much cooler with Oskar going out like this.

If Yre was made after Mammon turned to regret, then possibly setting up people to be confronted by their betrayal is a deliberate design choice

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
it did sever her arm though, that's pretty rough.

also oscar shot cio's glasses off, rip.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Yeah but did you die?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

The cat came back/the very next day

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I can't wait for Lucky Felicia to do that cool thing cool people do with lever rifles where they spin it around one-handed to cycle the action between each shot.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

paragon1 posted:

Lucky Felicia is still alive, and plotting revenge.

:smugdog:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I can't wait for Lucky Felicia to do that cool thing cool people do with lever rifles where they spin it around one-handed to cycle the action between each shot.

Like Oskar doesn't keep a round in the chamber :cmon:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In retrospect, this makes sense. Make them think they're killing the sacrifice, sure, but this is the Grand Bank, why would you waste something when you could keep it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Shugojin posted:

If Yre was made after Mammon turned to regret, then possibly setting up people to be confronted by their betrayal is a deliberate design choice

Yeah, knowing what we know about this place, it isn't remotely surprising that The Door is less lethal than advertised.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Patented Vengeance Sensors detect the guilty parties and deploy acquired assets at precisely the right time to cause a big cool fight.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Shugojin posted:

I think we've figured out part of why the nuns look so hosed up.

The other part is battle.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

thatbastardken posted:

it did sever her arm though, that's pretty rough.

The good news is she'll probably be able to afford a new one.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

come to think of it, oscar letting off like 17 somewhat accurate shots with a lever-action rifle basically instantly is a decent demonstration of why people like having red devils fight for them

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Remember kids, always fletcherize your human sacrifices!

Who What Now posted:

What I believe White Chain's arc is moving towards is finding a way to be true to the ideals and intent of the old laws without also being beholden to the corrupt institutions that have built up around them. In short, she's going to go make her own laws, with blackjacks and Cio.

p much. She's devout and pious and conservative to the point that it even weirds the other angels out, but she's always had an extremely strong humanistic moral compass and an extremely defined identity and was willing to die a heretic rather than compromise either even before she met the closest possible representative of God, embodiment of the old laws and found out he was Sithrak. And since has never even for a moment seemed to actually waver towards the Primes' position that people are worthless and to be done away with.

atomicthumbs posted:

come to think of it, oscar letting off like 17 somewhat accurate shots with a lever-action rifle basically instantly is a decent demonstration of why people like having red devils fight for them

that and when he no-sold like four bullets to the gut, yeah. And also everything else them devils have been up to in Yre.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I hope they befriend the poo poo out of her and she joins the crew.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is a beautiful, beautiful moment

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HI FELICIA

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Well, that was certainly unexpected

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

forget allison. lucky felicia for ruler of all creation 2020.

(this is basically the greatest thing)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Just recalled she swore her devils oath with the opposite hand as the rest, foreshadow or am I just remembering incorrectly?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:aaaaa: WHAT.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really don't want to know how she got out.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I really don't want to know how she got out.

ugh

dammit fister

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
But the cat came back, the very next day
The cat came back, they thought she was a goner but
The cat came back, she just wouldn't stay away

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Imagine how horny this page would’ve been if Abaddon hadn’t decided to dial back on that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

i would like next week's lottery numbers please

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Beyond the obvious question of how did she survive, how did she get there? Like, the mouth was quite a ways back and also not flying in the air.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Schwarzwald posted:

Beyond the obvious question of how did she survive, how did she get there? Like, the mouth was quite a ways back and also not flying in the air.

A cat goes where it pleases.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I don't remember who this person is.

Edit: wait I do remember I remember her being really annoying so I was glad when oskar threw her into a door. Gutted.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Whorelord posted:

It's the cat lady who got eaten by a big golden face door.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Schwarzwald posted:

It wasn't easy!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Whorelord posted:

Edit: wait I do remember I remember her being really annoying so I was glad when oskar threw her into a door. Gutted.

?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

She appears utterly intact save for the arm which was outside the giant mouth. Possibly if she was all the way inside she would be completely ok minus being covered in fake mouth blood?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What I want to know is, what the hell was that crunching when the door shut its mouth? I thought it was her being hideously masticated.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

What I want to know is, what the hell was that crunching when the door shut its mouth? I thought it was her being hideously masticated.

she looks lightly masticated, check the wounds around her shoulders and torso

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Motherfucker posted:

she looks lightly masticated, check the wounds around her shoulders and torso

Yep. I looked back though. The door chomped a total of three times. Then went into pieces. In a technical sense, you could just put like a finger into the door and get through. Also when the door opened, the skull stayed intact presumably with Felicia faking dead inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder how she got up on the airship in that state. With a war raging around her. Probably did not climb up the anchor rope with one arm, while several people ahead of her in line. People she probably wants dead, no less.